It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

on one hand you say this..

No hostility coming from me, I'm just adamant that people need to open their eyes.

yet you post things such as this..

Not my problem if you are allergic to libraries. I prefer to grow in knowledge and spirit every day, rather than just thinking I know it all. The information given to me has not "convinced" me of anything, so I share what I have found. Take it or leave it.

and this..

Don't want to read anything but the Bible? Cool. Fine with me. You can keep portraying me as a pushy naysayer if you like, it won't make it true. Try picketing outside a public library if you think books are so dangerous. Or, you could have a big-o bonfire! Yeah! That's the ticket! Destroy all thought and philosophy that you don't like! Burn, baby, burn!

Not only are those last two quotes condescending,rude, and hostile, but they imply that I don't want to read anything other than the bible , which is totally false.

Yes, there is hostility there, and anyone with a good mind can see it quite clearly, so please quit with the "I'm the victim of such rudeness" , and "I am not hostile to anyone" crap, when clearly you dish it out in heaps when you feel the need.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The three god worshipers follow and kill in the name of a different Jesus than the true Church. Their Jesus is 1/3 of the ancient moon good Jah. That god is the same that the blood thirsty Muslims and the blood thirsty Jewish cults follow.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I guess for an entity to be considered "god" to some folks he must minimize pain and maximize pleasure, and never under any circumstance judge people for their wickedness or rebellion?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

The three god worshipers follow and kill in the name of a different Jesus than the true Church. Their Jesus is 1/3 of the ancient moon good Jah. That god is the same that the blood thirsty Muslims and the blood thirsty Jewish cults follow.

Your history is atrocious. The ancient moon god of Babylon was called "Sin". The Biblical person "Senechareb" was named after this deity. "Halil" is "crescent moon" in Arabic and "Heylel" is crescent moon in Hebrew, both are Semitic languages.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by autowrench
I have yet to meet a Christian who has not judged me, and condemned me to Hell being a Wiccan. Not one.

Well, I have not condemned you to Hell for any reason, so that's a line that you can't use any more

I've never told him he is going to Hell either so that's two now.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, there is hostility there, and anyone with a good mind can see it quite clearly, so please quit with the "I'm the victim of such rudeness" , and "I am not hostile to anyone" crap, when clearly you dish it out in heaps when you feel the need.

I never said "I'm the victim of such rudeness." Being dismissed when I bring things to the table is being treated as a pariah, Winds. You say you, or whoever, isn't interested in looking outside your already-made-up-mind for other ideas.

I say just because you are not interested in it doesn't make it hostility to present it. People post walls and walls of scripture to "prove" their points, but give them one source to a very well-researched non-fiction study of these things, and you're called "hostile" and a "hater."

Okay fine, go ahead, label me all you want. I hate liars, and I hate being called one. I am not the one saying "My way is the Only Way." I am the one who consistently challenges that narrow-minded stance, and I have a right, and a responsibility, to point out flaws in the system.

It affects me, too. I'm a change agent. You don't have to agree with me, but you are expected to be civil, and so am I. If you detect frustration and disappointment, you are correct. Do you want me to just take my information and go home? That would make it easier for you, I'm sure. I will not, that is not why I'm here. I'm here to learn what I can, and to teach what I know.

I'm here to open up eyes, and help find the truth, and offer solutions to redeem what suffering I can. That is what I do, it is my calling, and if I don't do it, I become part of the problem. You can try to shame or "expose" me all you want. I make myself clear, and I do take care that I'm not mean and rude, but it's not mean and rude to state my piece. If I raise my voice, I might be heard over the "crap" that so many on here fling about so recklessly.

What are your solutions? What are you doing to fix the world?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

There are no three gods. Even in the Shema you have as a signature the Hebrew word for "one" is a Hebrew word meaning "one in unity" not "one in a singular sense. The same exact Hebrew word is used when God said Adam and Eve became "one" flesh.

Did Adam and Eve become 1 person when they joined in marriage?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Your history is atrocious. The ancient moon god of Babylon was called "Sin". The Biblical person "Senechareb" was named after this deity. "Halil" is "crescent moon" in Arabic and "Heylel" is crescent moon in Hebrew, both are Semitic languages.

Allah is lah is yah is jah. They are the moon god.

lah, yah, jah is the moon god.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
People post walls and walls of scripture to "prove" their points, but give them one source to a very well-researched non-fiction study of these things, and you're called "hostile" and a "hater."

I, for one, rarely quote scripture, unless I am asked to, because I fail to see the point of citing something that the person I'm talking to has already said he doesn't believe.

It always cracks me up, in fact, when one of these "the Bible is made up" sorts tries to use something in there to make a point, as Autowrench just tried with his "God is evil" nonsense. Hey, it's either fictional, in which case you can't use it as a reference, or it's true. Take your pick.

I don't know, I guess it depends on what you think is broken about it.

Personally, I see a world that the Enlightenment promised, produced, and now people are whining about it because it isn't paradise, which a lucid person shouldn't have thought could come out of "liberation" anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There are no three gods. Even in the Shema you have as a signature the Hebrew word for "one" is a Hebrew word meaning "one in unity" not "one in a singular sense. The same exact Hebrew word is used when God said Adam and Eve became "one" flesh.

So you agree that the trinity is three separate gods only one in unity like a man and wife?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

My solution to people finding God and the truth is to pray to the living God, that he opens the hearts of mankind, including my own , so that they may see the truth of how He wants us to live.

I can't fix the world wildtimes, but God can fix many things, if we are willing and open to His will.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hi.
Check out this inbox of yours,
Peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

As I said, your history is atrocious and your understanding of Semitic languages even more so.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So you agree that the trinity is three separate gods only one in unity like a man and wife?

No, God is divine. We are created in His image and likeness, He isn't anthropomorphized. I don't know how many other times or ways i can tell you that the Trinity doctrine doesn't teach 3 gods, but One God who exists in three persons. We call God "Him" not "Them". I feel like I'm talking to a Mr. Potato Head.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Hi.
Check out this inbox of yours,
Peace.

Sweet. How are you doing up there in Moose country?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No, God is divine. We are created in His image and likeness

You know, if we were truly created in his image and likeness, surely we would be able to do exactly the same things as him, yes?

We're divided, and divided, we lack power. We must unite as a species to claim our divinity.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Not only are those last two quotes condescending,rude, and hostile, but they imply that I don't want to read anything other than the bible , which is totally false.

Actually, it's an accurate portrayal of most of the Christians we've met in these kinds of threads. If it isn't in the Bible, it isn't true. Those kinds of people.

So if you're arguing with textbooks given to children all over the world to learn from, preferring the "authority" of your Bible, how is Wild wrong?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hey autowrench, I am not of this world, but I am preaching for conversation purposes - so that I may learn a way to be saved.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

As I said, your history is atrocious and your understanding of Semitic languages even more so.

I'll take sources over your opinion any day. Especially since three god worshipers have been know to rewrite history.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No, God is divine. We are created in His image and likeness, He isn't anthropomorphized. I don't know how many other times or ways i can tell you that the Trinity doctrine doesn't teach 3 gods, but One God who exists in three persons. We call God "Him" not "Them". I feel like I'm talking to a Mr. Potato Head.

Then your whole argument of the trinity being like Adam and Eve becoming one flesh is working against you. Adam and Eve where two different beings, one in unity.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join