It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Temperature are quickly cooling down. Last week we got a blazing sun, then thunder, and now everything is cooling as in spring. I can't tell temperature using Fareinheit, my country works with Celsius... It's around 20 C.

EDIT
I do realize this post is a bit off-topic.

edit on 25-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Temperature are quickly cooling down. Last week we got a blazing sun, then thunder, and now everything is cooling as in spring. I can't tell temperature using Fareinheit, my country works with Celsius... It's around 20 C.

EDIT
I do realize this post is a bit off-topic.

edit on 25-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

No worries, the OP bailed on the thread. I checked my U2Us and didn't see anything mate. Send rain down this way will ya?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Auto wrench and you both hold to beliefs that no one is to be judged, yet you both do it often...so it can be said.. we ALL fall short of perfection in living up to the ideals we espouse to.

Yes, we are all human, and subject to our subjective opinions and understandings of the world.

'We' do 'challenge' it..... consistently.
What you do is "pray". I get it.

'Praying' is not working, sister. Hating me doesn't help either.

edit on 25-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

'Praying' is not working, sister.

It's easier than the alternative. Unfortunately, the alternative is just as necessary.

What's the alternative, you ask? Why, that's simple: REVOLUTION. It may cost lives, but how many more lives will be cost if this madness is allowed to continue? And when I say madness, I speak of the whole world, and the disease we have become.
edit on 25-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

No worries, the OP bailed on the thread.

What??!!
He did not bail.

Maybe you de"railed."
Nervous much?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Typical is saying Autowrench bailed just because of the thick air between them.

Autowrench has other duties and interests to attend to. When he is ready, he will return.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

How very disappointing that you said this! I thought more of you. He did not bail.

Wow, dude. Nervous much?

Yeah, I want rain, too!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

How very disappointing that you said this! I thought more of you. He did not bail.

Wow, dude. Nervous much?

Yeah, I want rain, too!

What are you talking about? The previous page he said he was no longer going to participate and asked the mods to close it. I said he bailed on it because he did, he already declared that. What's the issue here?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What??!!
He did not bail.

Maybe you de"railed."
Nervous much?

Nervous about what? Am I crazy? Did he not say on the previous page that he wasn't going to participate here in this thread any longer and asked the mods to close it? Is this the Twilight Zone?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
This thread, as I have stated several times, was designed to ask the Fundamentalist Evangelists of ATS if, in fact they had been able to convert anyone. A few of you actually answered, and there are a few Christians in ATS that knows what being a true Christian is all about. Sadly, some of you are so full of hate I hardly see how you sleep at night. So I will not abandon this thread, and will not respond to any replies. I humbly ask the Staff to close it.

"I will not respond to any replies..".
"I humbly ask the Staff to close it.."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

YOU were the one who said "No worries, he bailed"

So, then, what?
You 'win'?
Do you ever think about how your judgmental and self-righteous attitude affects others?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So, then, what?
You 'win'?
Do you ever think about how your judgmental and self-righteous attitude affects others?

Is it beneath you to say sorry for jumping on me for no reason? I didn't say anything other than repeat what he said. Him and Adjensen were going round and round, not me. Or is it my fault by default because of my avatar? What gives? I never bothered you or auto.

ETA: Yes, "no worries" about going off-topic, the OP bailed on the thread so naturally if he desired it closed and no longer is participating he shouldn't care.

edit on 25-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I never gathered you or auto.

You never "gathered"? I don't even know what that means.

Oh, I see, you changed it to "bothered".

NuT, I really thought you and I had found a common ground! Auto has a lot of info that makes sense to me. It makes me sad that now, so many months after we (you and I) communicated honestly, that you are so dismissive of me, and him.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I never gathered you or auto.

You never "gathered"? I don't even know what that means.

Oh, I see, you changed it to "bothered".

NuT, I really thought you and I had found a common ground! Auto has a lot of info that makes sense to me. It makes me sad that now, so many months after we (you and I) communicated honestly, that you are so dismissive of me, and him.

Lady, what in God's green Earth are you ranting about? He dismissed HIMSELF. I did nothing but point that out to someone else. He himself said he wasn't going to participate anymore. I never challenged him for that, never said anything to him, that's his choice. If he wants to bail he can do so. Who cares, it's his thread and prerogative. You attacked me for stating the obvious... that he was leaving.

edit on 25-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Just more Christian based HATE and ANIMOSITY for anyone not in the CULT of Jesus.

That would be people from a sub-cult of "free grace" where the only "works" they practice is self-delusion of how they are already "saved" and are free to neglect character development.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Just more Christian based HATE and ANIMOSITY for anyone not in the CULT of Jesus.

That would be people from a sub-cult of "free grace" where the only "works" they practice is self-delusion of how they are already "saved" and are free to neglect character development.

That's ridiculous character defamation. I have never met a Christian that said we are not called to walk in holiness. James even said a faith without works or fruit if you will, is a "dead" faith.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What is that supposed to be evidence of?

A self-published book by authors who have never written anything but that book is scarcely credible as a source. For all you know, that's just the original nut, publishing under a new name.

"Roman Piso"? Please. He is called out as "John Duran" here, with John Duran being just another Piso crank, who draws ridiculous conclusions without sourcing their basis. That's called "just making it up."

"Jay Gallus"? An author with no books apart from this (that I could find, anyway)? Whose contact phone number is the same number as a house painter in California? (The owner of which also does not appear to have written any books, lol)

You demonstrate nothing but ignorance of scholarship methods with a post like that.

Demonstrate original sources, which do not point back to Abelard Reuchlin (and which precede him, so that one might believe that he used it as a source,) or admit that you can't and stop lying about the authorship of the New Testament.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
I know autowrench asked for this thread to be closed, but I have one more thing to say for now at least.

He is right though. There were very few answers to his question. I scanned back at posts that the christians who have been arguing with various other posters have said, including the OP, and they haven't provided a clear cut answer to the OP. They have only argued and debated.

Moderators don't close threads because the OP gets bored with them.

As for your claim, you apparently missed my first post in this thread, where I clearly answer his question.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
REVOLUTION. It may cost lives, but how many more lives will be cost if this madness is allowed to continue? And when I say madness, I speak of the whole world, and the disease we have become.

I am interested in this topic, how about you open a thread and discuss your ideas? One which doesn't intentionally alienate people whose beliefs you disagree with, but whom you would need to side with you in this "new age."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ooh, breaking "Piso" news...

According to this old archive page the whole thing might have begun as a joke.

Within three minutes of reading this obvious fabrication, the entire hoax came into clear view. I responded to the author of this website, Nelson Johnson, congratulating him on the great joke, giving the basics of why I came to that conclusion. He responded with the following statement on May 24,2002:

“I have to hand it to you. You are the first person to respond in this way, out of thousands. I won't say it's not a hoax.”

Upon further communication with him it became obvious that he wished to continue to perpetrate this hoax, citing his research and conclusions as evidence enough to do so. It was obvious that he intended on presenting the notion that this hoax is true, and that he is a scholar who has done intensive research on the subject.

edit on 25-7-2012 by adjensen because: link repair

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join