It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I was asked this by a friend who is a member, and thought it a good question to ask of the devout membership for an answer. Here goes:

As an Internet Preacher, we are aware your mission is to gain converts, that much is a given. What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" How many have recanted their ways and old religions, and fully embraced Christianity because of you?

Please feel free to crow here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I hate religion as much as the next guy, but subliminally bashing it isn't really right in my book.
I mean... One quick skim of your OP, along with looking at whats in your signature, I'd say you
have a serious problem with religion. Christianity to be more specific.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm glad I clicked on your thread title. This should be an interesting thread to follow, if you even get replies to your question. The the belt buckle of the bible belt, bible thumpers will have a go at you though.

Des

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Seriously, Christians don't have the ability to save anyone. That position is already taken.
edit on 7/18/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

I couldn't leave the first part of this reply on here autowrench. I couldn't live with myself. Take care, and I wish you the best...
edit on 7/18/2012 by visualmiscreant because: statement was in poor taste...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

No convert here...never really embraced poison as a commodity.I have heard of wars over it though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

No convert here...never really embraced poison as a commodity.I have heard of wars over it though.

Amen. And I never understood why so many keep embracing hate-inducing poisons....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Nice hateful answers. I love you all. But seriously, have you converted anyone from ATS, or have you all failed in this endeavour? It is a simple question, if one of you has had success, please, let me know.
And those links in my sig are to make you think, and it did make you think, you just took it to a dark place. Try reading them before you are so quick to judge.

link   
When scattering seeds some fall in fertile soil and some fall upon stony ground. Not all of this seed will produce fruit....sometimes it takes decades....some will never....but the seed was spread.

I'm not an internet preacher but I have faith and have shared my views in numerous threads.

link   
If you want to know why I am a Christian though, the best answer I can give you for that is that my life has led me in that direction. I don't attend Church, nor do I preach; I answer questions for young people in my community and most of them call me "Dad". I'm no role model by the way; not by any stretch of the imagination. I am however, a very good listener, and our young need that these days.
Have I helped anyone on ATS? Probably not, but that's fine. Some here have helped me. Some many times, and one even through emails. I hope this clears things up for everyone about me and my beliefs...

Sorry if I sound irritable autowrench. I'm on my second day tobacco-free, and I've been smoking for more than 30 years; at times three packs a day. Quitting is very tough, especially cold turkey with no medical aids or substitutes like the e-cigs... Goodnight ya'll...
edit on 7/18/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Those touched in their lives by the Holy Spirit often feel compelled to share in their Blessings so that others may partake in such abundant Rewards in a willful Alignment. In many genuine faithful it is motivated by Love to preach/teach, though it can often be misunderstood as a 'control' tactic. I can only speak for myself and express that all my testimonies in my life are to share and 'plant seeds'. However as the saying goes, you can attempt to lead a horse to Water.....

If a genuine, sincere conversion occurs as a result of a testimony/teaching/preaching to guide/steer in Love for Truth and the Children, then the Heaven's Truly rejoice for their is indeed a spiritual war taking place and many souls are snared in spiritual ignorance/rebellion/overcoming by the world system expressly designed by the pyramid structure in this dimension to do so.
edit on 18-7-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
If you want to know why I am a Christian though, the best answer I can give you for that is that my life has led me in that direction. I don't attend Church, nor do I preach; I answer questions for young people in my community and most of them call me "Dad". I'm no role model by the way; not by any stretch of the imagination. I am however, a very good listener, and our young need that these days.
Have I helped anyone on ATS? Probably not, but that's fine. Some here have helped me. Some many times, and one even through emails. I hope this clears things up for everyone about me and my beliefs...

I really liked your answer. It embodies the principals of my belief of Christianity, without the threatening aspects I often see posted.

Des

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?"

I would like to know the answer to that myself... I have come to see it for myself that it's not the thing to do and am so tired of it.

Yes, autowrench, you read that right. Something about these armchair internet apostles really peave me. Those that don't want to discuss but damn you to hell if you don't accept what they tell you is truth to them. Even Jesus said to shake the dust from your feet and move along to the next village if they don't want to hear the message.

Am I anti christian.. far from it, but it's very annoying. It's one thing when someone asks a question and truly seeks an answer and then we discuss, but quite another to tell someone they are going to Hell and shoving it down your throat. You don't make a good impression with fear, only love.
edit on 18-7-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As a recent de-convert I would first have to ask to you define a Christian. From what I understand, all that is required is to love your "God" with all your body mind and soul. Secondly, to love your neighbor as yourself. Which ponders the question, " On the days when I am hating on myself is it okay to hate my neighbors as well?" And with our dualistic nature, isn't it an impossible task to 100% commit to anything. I personally asked Jesus to indwell and change my life, maybe he didn't like my double wide or my bad-ass attitude? Was I not worthy? Cause I am still me. I have decided that I like me, and those who know me know me. I can eat all the sacramental wafer I want, the only thing it is going to give me is a sore pancreas! I am as inclined to believe that he will be back with the Mahdi, lopping heads and not taking names, as he would to rapture all the christzions. Now I contemplate the sound of one hand clapping, or, if a fat girl falls in the forest do the trees laugh? I might have got that last riddle wrong, but it alwaays makes me laugh! Peace out, biotches. Men are faithless, if you can start with that, then you have started.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I was asked this by a friend who is a member, and thought it a good question to ask of the devout membership for an answer. Here goes:

As an Internet Preacher, we are aware your mission is to gain converts, that much is a given. What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" How many have recanted their ways and old religions, and fully embraced Christianity because of you?

Please feel free to crow here.

Dear autowrench,

If I preach to people on Sunday does that mean I have to gain converts here? I don't think so, not my job. You want to hear me preach come to services on Sunday. Your assumptions are astounding. If me or others post in the spirituality sections, are we not allowed to seek honest debate on things we wonder about?

Someone asked me to help at their church and preach on Sundays, I agreed (though I never felt the calling). Let me save you the time, I have never been paid and contribute to the church that I teach at. I was a great candidate because I thing most of what organized churches teach has been corrupted to the point of uselessness. One of things they forgot is that we do not "save" anyone, that is between you and god, I am not involved unless chooses to come to my church or engage in a true conversation. Preachers are nothing more than tools and my wrench never fixed my car, I did, it was just a tool.

I love your final line, "feel free to crow". Your arrogance and misunderstanding of the bible and what we are supposed to do is pretty common. I will assume you learned it from bad christians who taught the same foolishness, the ones who think they save people. I am not in any way responsible for anyone's salvation, Jesus paid that price. Our job is to give an answer for the truth that is in us, the hope that is in us and the love that is in us. We all fail at that, none are perfect, not even believers.

How many have I saved? Zero. How many people may have read something that I wrote that helped them in any way? I have no idea and don't care, it is my job to speak my knowledge and my mind. If you are an atheist, now is your time to crow. How many believers have you saved from religion? The answer is zero, we all choose. Remember that someday, it will come in handy. Peace.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And isn't the sabbath from sundown friday to sundown saturday. If the lord came to uphold the law, are we not supposed to observe the sabbath. work six ann rest on the seventh? Christianity has been subverted and perverted and converted into something it was never meant to be. Just my five sparrows.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
And isn't the sabbath from sundown friday to sundown saturday. If the lord came to uphold the law, are we not supposed to observe the sabbath. work six ann rest on the seventh? Christianity has been subverted and perverted and converted into something it was never meant to be. Just my five sparrows.

Absolutely

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Dear autowrench,

You know I could never understand people like you. Why you need to attempt to irritate believers for apparently no reason. I think I finally understand. You place the responsibility on others for your relationship with God. You believe a person has to save you rather than you being responsible. This is your big cop out. I am not responsible for you or anyone other than me. You wish to have it both ways, be a non-believer and if it turns out that NDEs and heaven and hell are real then you want to blame me and others for not "saving" you. LOL. It doesn't work that way, you are responsible for you, believe or don't; but, don't try and hold others guilty for your choices.

I have to tell you that one of the people that worked for our church said I was the harshest Pastor they had ever met when it came to counseling. My answers were always the same, you know the choice, make it and stop lying to yourself about what it means. That is how I act with believers. Stop whining, there are people who believe in God and you wont make that go away. Ignore us. You start a thread to teach us that we should not try and "convert" others while trying to convert others. Convert whoever is foolish enough, they never really understood in the first place if they thought they "saved" others.

I think you have a problem. I am thinking that you know enough bible to know what time it is, don't you? Yeah, oh well. I will make it easy for you, when they ask you to take a mark, will you? You can try and convince yourself that it is the "illuminati" trying to orchestrate the bible; but, will you take the mark? Will you willingly be cattle to give yourself some extra days? I look forward to your next thread. Peace.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You do realise, no one will answer you.

Christians, or anyone else, for that matter, dont like to be bated like a rat.

Scummy thing to do, there, buddy. So much for the respect of your fellow man.

So far, the only ones Ive seen, save 1 or 2, that have responded here, are those like you, that bait and pounce on anything "God" or religion.

Honestly, I hope this thread rots with no real responces. This is just one more thread to show just where the ignorance truely lies.

Have fun with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNonBlonde

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Amen. And I never understood why so many keep embracing hate-inducing poisons....

No more hateful than non Christians vs Christians.

my, I love how we play this game of hatred yet hide it behind something else so it can be considered otherwise.

You can put a tutu on a dog, but that's not going to make it anything else. It'll still be a dog.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

0_0 Disturbing avatar. Reminds of the Behelit (Egg of the King) from Berserk.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join