It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question For ATS Preachers

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I have a quick response for that blatant blasphemy.

When Jesus claimed to be Ehjeh, the scribes and Pharisees gave a quick response too.

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John 8:58-59 KJV)

What does the name Elijah mean in Aramaic (Eliyahu)?

Do you mean Elijeh?

1. Christ never said/claimed to be Elijah.
2. "Elijah" is Latinized form of the Aramaic "Eliyahu".
3. What does the name "Eliyahu" mean?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The name Jesus means Ehjeh is salvation and Jesus did claim to be Him.

If you mean "Elijeh" and "Elijehu, it means Elohim is Ehjeh. If you really mean "Elijah" it means Elohim is jah (the ancient Arab moon god).

I have shown how the name Jeh-sus comes from Eh-Jeh. I don't understand how you get Jeh-sus and not Jah-sus from Jah-Weh.
edit on 24-7-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ah I see, you weren't referring to anything in this thread... got it. Since I know nothing about what you mentioned, I refrain from responding any further.

Just for future reference, maybe you'd like to stick to the thread at hand.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by wildtimes

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell.

So the truth doesn't matter? It's just a matter of being caring and loving?

How is intentionally lying to you caring and loving?

How is defamation of character caring and loving?

How is cramming "any" version of the "truth" (which is by its very metaphysical nature, unknowable) about the mysteries none of us can solve down anyone's throat with nasty arrogance helping anyone?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell. I almost replied, but didn't know exactly what to say. I'm glad you said it.

Thanks, Ellie. autowrench is in my experience a very kind, gentle, approachable, and well-read person. I have a great deal of respect for him, and consider him a friend. I encourage you to interract with him directly if you haven't already.

He's very steadfast, and open. Not at all prickly and pushy, and has tons of information worth looking into.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell. I almost replied, but didn't know exactly what to say. I'm glad you said it.

Thanks, Ellie. autowrench is in my experience a very kind, gentle, approachable, and well-read person. I have a great deal of respect for him, and consider him a friend. I encourage you to interract with him directly if you haven't already.

He's very steadfast, and open. Not at all prickly and pushy, and has tons of information worth looking into.

Wow, judging by the rude and arrogant opening post I am inclined to completely disagree with that comment wildtimes.
autowrenches comment was a nasty little sledge and attack on people who believe in Christianity and was baseless and ignorant in its premise of what Christianity is.
Not here to win anyone over as he suggested.

Please feel free to crow at your leisure

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

The name Jesus means Ehjeh is salvation and Jesus did claim to be Him.

If you mean "Elijeh" and "Elijehu, it means Elohim is Ehjeh. If you really mean "Elijah" it means Elohim is jah (the ancient Arab moon god).

I have shown how the name Jeh-sus comes from Eh-Jeh. I don't understand how you get Jeh-sus and not Jah-sus from Jah-Weh.
edit on 24-7-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

Huh? Jesus is the english version of the greek Iesuo which is Yeshua. There's no J in hebrew, J was invented 500 years ago. Now i have seen an even more ancient version of YHWH that comes from paleo-hebrew and ancient hebrew IEUE.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Wow, judging by the rude and arrogant opening post I am inclined to completely disagree with that comment wildtimes.
autowrenches comment was a nasty little sledge and attack on people who believe in Christianity and was baseless and ignorant in its premise of what Christianity is.

You've not been here very long. Try reading through his threads from his profile page and get a real feel for him.

If "Christians" and "preachers" choose to feel defensive about his post, you should maybe look to your own methods, or those who you listen to as "preachers." It's really quite unpleasant stuff.
But, you are free to disagree, I'm not surprised that those of closed-minded thought would be defensive or take offense. If the shoe fits....you know.

I'm not a preacher, so it didn't offend me. Those on here who do relentlessly preach, though, are irksome indeed, and I, too, would be interested to know how many people they feel they have "rescued" from so-called "demonic" and "Satanic heretics." If you'd endured the brunt of the vicious and never-ending attacks on him as some kind of evil anti-Christ-like monster, you'd feel differently, I'm sure.

Come to think of it........I could unleash that kind of accusation and condemna-----
naah. Never mind. Not worth my energy. I'm not nasty, mean-spirited, and closed-minded. Nor am I afraid.

Sorry your feelings got hurt. Mine didn't. Simple difference of perspective, I guess.

How about a recent thread entitled "Why New Agers are 'Spiritually Dead' and blah blah blah." Courtesy of RevelationGeneration. You'd like that one better, prolly. Here you go. www.abovetopsecret.com... It'll make you feel better.

Brightest blessings, borntowatch.

edit on 24-7-2012 by wildtimes because: spelling and link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

How is cramming "any" version of the "truth" (which is by its very metaphysical nature, unknowable) about the mysteries none of us can solve down anyone's throat with nasty arrogance helping anyone?

So true, and this would apply to those who try to discredit the bible, and cram their so called knowledge down the throats of Christians, as well.

What you say in the above quote could easily apply to the op as well.

There have been numerous occasions where non Christians or non traditional Christians have tried to cram their research on Christianity, as well as books on "so called" true knowledge, down the throats of those who feel they have no need to read these books.

edit on 24-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Not here to win anyone over as he suggested.

Please feel free to crow at your leisure

Nothing arrogant about asking questions, and if you read the Religious threads in here, there is a great deal of crowing, especially from 4 or 5 of our membership. We never see an in depth thread on what Christianity is, or what Christianity's purpose is, and although asked many times over, we never see any "Historical Records/Documentation" that anything they say and shove down our throats is true, no, it is "do it our way or burn in hell, sinner." "Our God is the real God, yours is Satan!" "Our book was written by God, or inspired by God, and it is all literally true.? Do you see my problem here?

If Christianity is the only true religion, and Jesus is the only true God, and if there is plenty of Historical Documentation that all of this it true.....and IF you can successfully prove that Real History is all fiction/myth and not true at all, we of ATS would like to see this proof. Instead of just hearing that is exists.

The purpose of the thread was to ask a question, and possibly get an intelligent answer. The question was:

"What I want to ask is, how many of the ATS membership have you been able to "Save?" How many have recanted their ways and old religions, and fully embraced Christianity because of you? "

I know Christianity is dead set against asking questions, especially of them, but I am a Seeker, and asking questions is what I do. I want to know how the mind of a Christian works. I want to know the purpose of flooding internet forums with endless Bible quotes and threats to anyone not in the cult of Jesus. I want to know how, and why Real History is wholly ignored, what makes them think the Bible is the only truth?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Not my problem if you are allergic to libraries. I prefer to grow in knowledge and spirit every day, rather than just thinking I know it all. The information given to me has not "convinced" me of anything, so I share what I have found. Take it or leave it.

Don't want to read anything but the Bible? Cool. Fine with me. You can keep portraying me as a pushy naysayer if you like, it won't make it true. Try picketing outside a public library if you think books are so dangerous. Or, you could have a big-o bonfire! Yeah! That's the ticket! Destroy all thought and philosophy that you don't like! Burn, baby, burn!

Please stop picking on me, Winds. We both know we don't see eye to eye, and we both know that you don't really understand me, though I appreciate that you've tried to see past your prejudice.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Our mission as given to us by Messiah is to proclaim the good news of salvation and the kingdom coming which is very shortly around the corner and the prophecies being fulfilled in the M.E. from prophets like Isaiah and Zechariah are proving this is happening.

We are doing what we are supposed to do, by attacking us you are actually attacking him. Ofcourse some linger too long, i rather drop the message and keep on walking and if someone wants to be baptised after salvation then we all are empowered to do that. If people get offended at mentioning hellfire then so be it. When Messiah shows up thats when the gentiles are judged. After his second coming there won't be anymore gentiles. The whole point of the Tribulation is he is redeeming Israel and giving the gentile nations enough rope to hang themselves with. People who think Messiah is a hippy have no clue who he really is. Hippies wouldn't drop the hammer on Sodom and Gomorah. Thats why people who think they can be homosexuals and follow after him are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There have been numerous occasions where non Christians or non traditional Christians have tried to cram their research on Christianity, as well as books on "so called" true knowledge, down the throats of those who feel they have no need to read these books.

This remark deserved another highlighting.
If you don't like the non Christian or non traditional Christian offerings of others, perhaps this isn't the best forum for you. There are lots of Christian forums you can go to where everyone agrees, and you won't feel so put-upon.

This site is for discovery of information, and the spreading of knowledge that refutes the comfy status-quo of mainstream folks. Coming to ATS and feeling bothered by other points of view are sort of, well, conflicts of interest. ATS is a wide-open classroom. You can choose which classes to subscribe to and which are of no interest to you. Up to you.

I get to do that, too!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

by attacking us you are actually attacking him.

I'm not attacking. I just disagree.

But whatever. For now, I'm still free to put forth my own ideas and perspectives. When he shows up, I'll be first in line. I'm just not holding my breath. The truth is that for 2000 years now, not much has changed, and it's getting worse because more and more souls are being stifled, misled, and many beautiful spirits defeated and hushed.

Where is he? He's free to come and tell me I'm wrong. Haven't heard from him. And I call every day. Kind of a letdown of a mentor, unless you realize he said what he had to say, and afterwards, a bunch of other people wrote down what they wanted to write down about what he said, and added it to a lot of very monstrous stories.

Either we all get with the program, and care for one another and our planet, or we all perish. That's all I'm interested in: arresting the negativity and hate, and suggesting ways for us to help ourselves save humanity from its ugliness, and my efforts to do so are just as worthwhile as anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don't have a problem with people putting whatever they want for others to read on this forum.

Was merely making the point about the comment you made about people who cram their ideas down others throats.

On one hand you say, you don't care for this, yet it is ok for others to inform all they want, by their cramming of their own beliefs down others throats ?

Why don't we just be fair and say both sides have a right to present their beliefs, without it being called 'cramming".

I\d be happy to see both sides being treated with the same dignity as they hope to receive.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Why don't we just be fair and say both sides have a right to present their beliefs, without it being called 'cramming".

I\d be happy to see both sides being treated with the same dignity as they hope to receive.

So would I. It has yet to happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

People who think Messiah is a hippy have no clue who he really is. Hippies wouldn't drop the hammer on Sodom and Gomorah.

Maybe people who think he wasn't a "hippy" have no clue what a "hippy" really is. And the Messiah didn't drop the hammer on Sodom and Gomorah, even in the Bible story. That was [their idea of] "God". What really happened was a natural disaster that at the time was misunderstood and then later held up as a constructed and contrived example of "divine punishment."

Anyway, I'm not an Isreali. So maybe he wasn't talking to me anyway. I've often wondered how one man who came to talk to twelve scattered tribes of one ethnicity was then the entire world's savior, like a "Transformer." He was talking to the Isrealites. It was Paul the Ambitious who decided to spread it all over the place.
edit on 24-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

I wish I could star this post many times! I thought the same thing when this poster said what they said about autowrench. Autowrench is very caring and loving as far I can tell.

So the truth doesn't matter? It's just a matter of being caring and loving?

How is intentionally lying to you caring and loving?

How is defamation of character caring and loving?

How is pointing out that someone is not telling the truth defaming their character? Defamation means damaging someone's good character, but it is Autowrench who is damaging his own character by continuing to peddle his fabrications, not me for noting it.

If you think that any truth is unknowable, particularly when there is evidence which demonstrates that something is NOT true, you have a bizarre sense of reality. These are not "ancient mysteries", this is some guy in Washington who made up an alternative history, from scratch, with absolutely no basis for it, apart from his own fantasies and hatred of Christianity.

How is being critical of it helping anyone? If for no other reason, it helps people by not allowing the distortion of reality to become reality for some small segment of the population which believes anything, so long as it's in a book or on the Internet. Autowrench has allowed himself to be deluded into accepting this fantasy vision, proof that it happens, so it is irresponsible to allow it to spread unchallenged.

Witness how many people believe that Constantine wrote the Bible, throwing out "hundreds of Gospels" in favour of four that he liked. Despite there being absolutely no historical basis for that claim, people are duped into believing it because Dan Brown presented it as "fact" in the Da Vinci Code.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I joined for the short story contests and I was just giving in to God and I wasn't fully until I asked God for knowledge and things began to be shown to me. I began to see things in my life and the path I was on was leading me away from God, the things began to glow brighter and my vision was being open to wrongs of this road I was on. The only one I saved was myself and I can't say that I have saved anyone because non have asked for it and I don't think I am fully saved as I am still a sinner and it's hard journey with many curves and pitfalls and darkness trying to slow my progress.

I began to notice the unbelievable bashing of people who believe on this site, no respect for anyone with a thought or ideas. Atheists speaking the most loudly at how stupid people with a spiritual belief are and yet we attend the same schools and university's and colleges. The people that see stuff are called crazy or schizo but in reality everyone sees something along the way and some see more along the way than others but those that don't believe in anything until it wiggles I front of their faces and slaps them silly will be the ones that will preach the loudest.

If I have ever saved anyone I don't want to know for I dont do it for people to look up at me and praise and I do it for God the father. So if you continue to make these threads every few weeks and it seems you have some hidden feeling you long to be answered. Is it because of your mother, you feel she was brainwashed and was lost to religion and died in something she believed in? And if that's the case than you have your answer and respect her beliefs and as you would, you would die for something you believe in. Respect is what every parent needs and even when you think they are wrong and stand by that belief and all will make it self clear after all you are both seperates beings with your own mind and feelings. That's how people on this board should treat each other and no need to bash and smash others beliefs. I respect your decision and I hope you come to an understanding that I don't intend on changing your beliefs and if you keep posting stuff just for stars and flags than your beliefs are flawed and if I'm wrong than I am sorry. Peace Auto and God bless.
edit on 24-7-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Maybe people who think he wasn't a "hippy" have no clue what a "hippy" really is. And the Messiah didn't drop the hammer on Sodom and Gomorah, even in the Bible story. That was [their idea of] "God". What really happened was a natural disaster that at the time was misunderstood and then later held up as a constructed and contrived example of "divine punishment."

The sulfur and brimestone was almost pure, that doesn't occur naturally in nature. Your assuming that Yahweh doesn't use natural disasters to inflict punishment, this is the Creator we're talking about who made the laws of the universe in the first place, you think he can't tweak his own creation? You're contradicting Christ on Sodom and Gomorah, he didn't say it was a natural disaster.

Matthew 10:11-15

11 “Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

Divine punishment, not a natural disaster.

Matthew 11:20-24

20 Then He began to rebuke the cities in which most of His mighty works had been done, because they did not repent: 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. 23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be[d] brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you.”

Divine punishment.

So, stop contradicting Christ. For someone who claims to follow after him you don't seem to have a problem calling him a liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join