It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just have to say...I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been sober since April 3, of 1989.

I am not a scum-bag.

I am a good person; who had a lot of problems; one of them a murder attempt on my life; and I turned to drink; yes it was a mistake and through counseling and AA I recovered. Many people showed me compassion, forgiveness and understanding...it all really helped.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by EqualizerUK

I'm the same. In my earlier years, I was a drinker, every weekend, when ever I could. I gave up after seeing what it done to my wife and how in impacted on me also. The abuse and emotional effects it also had. I turned to cannabis. Cannibas was heaven sent for me It relaxed me more than the medication I am on now and to this day I believe it is a wonder HERB and should be legalised. I may get in trouble for posting that, but that is my opinion and I don't really care if they remove it and slap me on the wrist.

I hope you don't get in trouble for posting as at least its honest...

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I just have to say...I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been sober since April 3, of 1989.

I am not a scum-bag.

I am a good person; who had a lot of problems; one of them a murder attempt on my life; and I turned to drink; yes it was a mistake and through counseling and AA I recovered. Many people showed me compassion, forgiveness and understanding...it all really helped.

Well done for not drinking....but the murder attempt did not force you to drink.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

And therein lies your complete ignorance of the effects of addiction on various people of differing mental health statuses.

We pointed this out like 10 pages ago, yet again we have gone in circles.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It makes me cringe to here people say "ive been clean for ____ months" like they want a pat on the back!

Guess what your not supposed to get smashed drunk or take drugs!!!

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

And therein lies your complete ignorance of the effects of addiction on various people of differing mental health statuses.

Aren't you glad you are not her...I'm just saying.

Compassion and understanding are really lacking.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
It makes me cringe to here people say "ive been clean for ____ months" like they want a pat on the back!

E

I'm a heroin addict. I love sticking a loaded needle in my arm. I drink myself to sleep every night.

I am better than you.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

My god, just when I thought the ignorance couldn't possibly get any worse you go and say this.

How dare you. Seriously. The whole point of AA or NA treatment is taking it one step at a time, one day at a time. The counting of how long they have been clean for is to help the person keep motivation and feel like they have achieved something.

You disgusting excuse for a human being.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Kryties

Aren't you glad you are not her...I'm just saying.

Compassion and understanding are really lacking.

I have lots of understanding for those who deserve it...not weak minded people that look for the fast way out.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch

E

I'm a heroin addict. I love sticking a loaded needle in my arm. I drink myself to sleep every night.

I am better than you.

Weak reply

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

E

It's just so much less fuss to call them "Scum Bags"

I believe the "pat on the back" you think they're asking for is a perception you hold.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Weak reply

E

Weak thread

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Weak reply

This coming from a man who would deny recovering addicts the right to help motivate themselves by counting how long they have been clean for.

Disgusting. Absolutely filthy. How Neanderthals like this survived into modern human genetics is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

E

It's just so much less fuss to call them "Scum Bags"

I believe the "pat on the back" you think they're asking for is a perception you hold.

I just don't believe in pandering to the scumbags of this world....

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

E

Serious? We have 18 pgs of you telling everyone how great and bad ass you are for not doing drugs, oxymoron comes to mind, well.............just moron too

edit on 17-7-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I just don't believe in pandering to the scumbags of this world....

You should stop pandering to yourself then.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
reply to post by Kryties

You are so right! This is a hamster wheel situation. Your cartoon is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

E

Serious? We have 18 pgs of you telling everyone how great and bad ass you are for not doing drugs, oxymoron comes to mind, well.............just moron too

Not so...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join