It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 16
5
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
I have had more open minded and respectful conversations with scumbag junkies. Its the mans perspective give the OP a break and stop being so offensive. Everything is perspective it all depends on how you look at things.
" Im not finished with you!" ....... WTF!
you think you re talking to your kids or something ....geez


If you read though out the whole tread ive never been aggressive or threatening in anyway...or abusive!

For such caring and open minded people they sure are two faced lol

E




posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
Your all defending scum like this..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A toddler died from a methadone overdose after his parents fed him the heroin substitute to help make him sleep, a court was told yesterday.
Mitchell Bate was just 22-months-old when paramedics found him lying unconscious and without a pulse on the floor of the family home last September.
A post-mortem examination carried out just hours later found he had swallowed enough methadone to prove fatal even for an adult user.
He had regularly been given the drug by his mother and father in the five months before his death in the hope that it would help him sleep through the night, Teesside Crown Court was told.
Traces of heroin and coc aine were also found in his body.
His parents, Mark Bate, 34, and Gemma Fennelly, 24, were both heroin addicts and had been prescribed the substitute last February to reduce their dependency.
But instead of keeping it locked away from their young son they deliberately fed it to him until his fatal overdose, the jury was told.
Andrew Robertson QC, prosecuting, said: "Although it is impossible to be absolutely accurate about the size of the doses over that period, we are talking about proper measurable quantities of the drug."
"You may ask yourself, why should they do such a thing?"
"The answer maybe simple. Methadone is a soporific. It makes you drowsy and may help a child to sleep through - giving the parents a quiet night."


Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


Nobody here is defending those people, your OP specifically targeted alcoholics who you 'suspect' may also be on crack... You can cherry pick as many horror stories as you like but that doesn't justify your opinion because there are many addicts who live an otherwise normal life. Go to work, pay their taxes etc. People like me!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by scorpiosin
So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key


I commend you for your patience in this thread.


Stupidity requires patience. Sheer wilful ignorance requires something akin to Buddhist Zen.




OP, you mentioned the choices you make defining who you are and shaping your future. The choice to be compassionate and empathetic can be rewarding.

And yes, alcoholism is a disease in the eyes of most credible mainstream medical/health organizations, including the CDC.

CDC: Alcoholism

From the link:


Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism4, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—


Emphasis mine.
edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


You've got yourself a buddy!

Good for you.







posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
Your all defending scum like this..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A toddler died from a methadone overdose after his parents fed him the heroin substitute to help make him sleep, a court was told yesterday.
Mitchell Bate was just 22-months-old when paramedics found him lying unconscious and without a pulse on the floor of the family home last September.
A post-mortem examination carried out just hours later found he had swallowed enough methadone to prove fatal even for an adult user.
He had regularly been given the drug by his mother and father in the five months before his death in the hope that it would help him sleep through the night, Teesside Crown Court was told.
Traces of heroin and coc aine were also found in his body.
His parents, Mark Bate, 34, and Gemma Fennelly, 24, were both heroin addicts and had been prescribed the substitute last February to reduce their dependency.
But instead of keeping it locked away from their young son they deliberately fed it to him until his fatal overdose, the jury was told.
Andrew Robertson QC, prosecuting, said: "Although it is impossible to be absolutely accurate about the size of the doses over that period, we are talking about proper measurable quantities of the drug."
"You may ask yourself, why should they do such a thing?"
"The answer maybe simple. Methadone is a soporific. It makes you drowsy and may help a child to sleep through - giving the parents a quiet night."


Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


Nobody here is defending those people, your OP specifically targeted alcoholics who you 'suspect' may also be on crack... You can cherry pick as many horror stories as you like but that doesn't justify your opinion because there are many addicts who live an otherwise normal life. Go to work, pay their taxes etc. People like me!


ok let me ask you a question or two....do you want to stop your addiction?...if yes why haven't you?

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


I believe in giving good people help, second chances, compassion and forgiveness. Life is messy and people fail sometimes...but if they want to they can recover and change.

I do know that their are some people who have done some horrible things in life; and that some people are truly evil and don't care who they hurt...I am not talking about them.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by scorpiosin
So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key


I commend you for your patience in this thread.


Stupidity requires patience. Sheer wilful ignorance requires something akin to Buddhist Zen.




OP, you mentioned the choices you make defining who you are and shaping your future. The choice to be compassionate and empathetic can be rewarding.

And yes, alcoholism is a disease in the eyes of most credible mainstream medical/health organizations, including the CDC.

CDC: Alcoholism

From the link:


Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism4, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—


Emphasis mine.
edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)


i dont doubt there are people who believe its a disease...but i and many others disagree.

I won't waste my time and compassion on these that make the CHOICE to be a weak minded junkie!!

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not everybody is going to fit the mold OP, not every drop of cola at the bottling plant is going to make it into the bottle, a little bit is gonna end up on the floor. If you work at the plant, you may be the guy who has to mop it up. Do you seriously expect the whole planet en mass to buy into the arrangement that was set up for them? If so, I'd bet you'd be a bugger to live with. Every one of the people you call "scum bags" has a story, a story you'll never know because for you they're slotted...Scum Bags! You give the impression that even death would be too good for them. Who's next eh? Unwed mothers on welfare? Illegal immigrants? the old and feeble who take too long to clear the intersection and hold up traffic? I think maybe you need a vacation, problem is, nowhere you end up won't have it's share of "Scum Bags" It's not utopia, some pegs are just never gonna fit in the holes provided



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

ok let me ask you a question or two....do you want to stop your addiction?...if yes why haven't you?


Because its not as easy as just waking up and deciding to quit mate, as we've been saying all along that to which you claimed we were all crazy, weak minded scumbag sympathisers which eventually, after this going in circles several times, caused you to start ignoring me like a child.

FFS. This thread has gone round in circles more times than a bloody spinny top thing. He's trolling you people, you need to realise this.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


I believe in giving good people help, second chances, compassion and forgiveness. Life is messy and people fail sometimes...but if they want to they can recover and change.

I do know that their are some people who have done some horrible things in life; and that some people are truly evil and don't care who they hurt...I am not talking about them.



For those who recover good for them but they shouldn't have got hooked in the first place, i mean at what point did they think "drugs...that will make things better"....stupidity does not clear people of the choices they are making!

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


He's asked that question before and been answered. Just saying.....



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Not everybody is going to fit the mold OP, not every drop of cola at the bottling plant is going to make it into the bottle, a little bit is gonna end up on the floor. If you work at the plant, you may be the guy who has to mop it up. Do you seriously expect the whole planet en mass to buy into the arrangement that was set up for them? If so, I'd bet you'd be a bugger to live with. Every one of the people you call "scum bags" has a story, a story you'll never know because for you they're slotted...Scum Bags! You give the impression that even death would be too good for them. Who's next eh? Unwed mothers on welfare? Illegal immigrants? the old and feeble who take too long to clear the intersection and hold up traffic? I think maybe you need a vacation, problem is, nowhere you end up won't have it's share of "Scum Bags" It's not utopia, some pegs are just never gonna fit in the holes provided


I agree to a point...but all these people who are addicted started with a choice ....all of them .....

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


Yes taking the drugs etc. was a very foolish choice; but I understand why some people do make that choice.

You apparently are a step above most of humanity...with very few flaws...(if any)..good for you!



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties
 


Thank you Kryton, you summed it up nicely.


Also, your avatar and sig crack me up every time I see them!
I love Red Dwarf.

To the OP, yes, I do think about quitting but life is just so much more interesting when you're half cut all the time!


reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


edit on 17-7-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: to add member to reply



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


AND your still ignoring me like a child.....



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


Yes taking the drugs etc. was a very foolish choice; but I understand why some people do make that choice.

You apparently are a step above most of humanity...with very few flaws...(if any)..good for you!


I have flaws, im not perfect never said i was...im not weak minded if thats what you mean? i know right from wrong....

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Kryties
 


Thank you Kryton, you summed it up nicely.


Also, your avatar and sig crack me up every time I see them!
I love Red Dwarf.


I live by the motto "Better dead than Smeg". I have no idea what it means but I stand by my convictions.....



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Kryties
 


Thank you Kryton, you summed it up nicely.


Also, your avatar and sig crack me up every time I see them!
I love Red Dwarf.

To the OP, yes, I do think about quitting but life is just so much more interesting when you're half cut all the time!


carry on then good luck to you !

E



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

For those who recover good for them but they shouldn't have got hooked in the first place, i mean at what point did they think "drugs...that will make things better"....stupidity does not clear people of the choices they are making!

E


Have you ever tried drugs? If you haven't you do not know the first thing about it and the highs and lows it brings to the user. Stupidity is forming your opinion over something that you know nothing about. When I say know nothing about, I mean experience. Your opinion is nothing more than hot gas and when you let that swirl around in your thick head, the quicker you will understand.

Your opinion in meaningless in this subject because you obviously don't have a very god understanding of what you are dealing with to start with. You have people here admitting to you that they have experienced your arguement. Take the advice and leave it at that. You are possibly offending people here and you wouldn't even know it.



posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Kryties
 


Thank you Kryton, you summed it up nicely.


Also, your avatar and sig crack me up every time I see them!
I love Red Dwarf.

To the OP, yes, I do think about quitting but life is just so much more interesting when you're half cut all the time!


carry on then good luck to you !

E


Wait a minute! Your letting your guard down mate tsk tsk! That's talking to me by proxy! You have broken your cardinal law of ignoring me like a child!




top topics



 
5
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join