It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

i dont doubt there are people who believe its a disease...but i and many others disagree.

I won't waste my time and compassion on these that make the CHOICE to be a weak minded junkie!!

E

Compassion is a renewable resource.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

For those who recover good for them but they shouldn't have got hooked in the first place, i mean at what point did they think "drugs...that will make things better"....stupidity does not clear people of the choices they are making!

E

Have you ever tried drugs? If you haven't you do not know the first thing about it and the highs and lows it brings to the user. Stupidity is forming your opinion over something that you know nothing about. When I say know nothing about, I mean experience. Your opinion is nothing more than hot gas and when you let that swirl around in your thick head, the quicker you will understand.

Your opinion in meaningless in this subject because you obviously don't have a very god understanding of what you are dealing with to start with. You have people here admitting to you that they have experienced your arguement. Take the advice and leave it at that. You are possibly offending people here and you wouldn't even know it.

Never tried any drug or even smoked....drank a little bit in my very early 20's didn't like it and how i saw it effected people...

You don't need to try everything to make a choice that something is wrong that's ridiculous .

E

link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

Originally posted by Kryties

So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key

I commend you for your patience in this thread.

Stupidity requires patience. Sheer wilful ignorance requires something akin to Buddhist Zen.

OP, you mentioned the choices you make defining who you are and shaping your future. The choice to be compassionate and empathetic can be rewarding.

And yes, alcoholism is a disease in the eyes of most credible mainstream medical/health organizations, including the CDC.

CDC: Alcoholism

From the link:

Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism4, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—

Emphasis mine.
edit on 17-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

i dont doubt there are people who believe its a disease...but i and many others disagree.

I won't waste my time and compassion on these that make the CHOICE to be a weak minded junkie!!

E

Why are you so hung up on slapping a label on addiction? You obviously have no clue or educational understanding of the issue, besides the fact you walk by them and think they're scum, disease or no disease does it really matter? It's a very real social problem, that's the bottom line, call it whatever the hell you want to call it. I do know this......judging by the ignorance of your post, your the last person on earth I would want defining the term.

link   
Just shot,

Slept a while, waiting,

Drinking once again,

The river that flows down my arm looks pretty,

It runs red.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

i was brought up with my grandparents 45 years old/ young never saw any of these people get drunk .a couple of drinks at new year was it now young people get smashed every weekend why because they can whos to blame ?? supermarkets selling drink for less than cost 600% increase in the drug production in afganistan & pakistan since uk & usa invaded .the taliban wanted to stop the trade . keep the masses drunk & drugged got to thank the queen for that one her troops protecting the fields ...its the 3rd biggest industry there is if the law wanted it stopped it would . its the goverments that are causing this we are the cannon fodder for the little game going on think yourself lucky you have not been blighted by this .i have been there /seen it / done it the lot .ive worked in most areas of england you dont say where you are based .move if it bugs you that much because societys sick & getting sicker do some reading on our glorious leaders .bush hrh the queen etc all drugs trade at the end of the day fxxx them look after no 1 then you will be strong enough to look after others lol

link   

E

Agreed and should be used for those that deserve it most

E

link   

but i and many others disagree.

Your use of the word 'many' is incorrect. A more fitting way of structuring the sentence would have been to replace the word 'many' with 'a few'.

edit on 17/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key

I commend you for your patience in this thread.

Stupidity requires patience. Sheer wilful ignorance requires something akin to Buddhist Zen.

OP, you mentioned the choices you make defining who you are and shaping your future. The choice to be compassionate and empathetic can be rewarding.

And yes, alcoholism is a disease in the eyes of most credible mainstream medical/health organizations, including the CDC.

CDC: Alcoholism

From the link:

Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism4, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include—

Emphasis mine.

E

Why are you so hung up on slapping a label on addiction? You obviously have no clue or educational understanding of the issue, besides the fact you walk by them and think they're scum, disease or no disease does it really matter? It's a very real social problem, that's the bottom line, call it whatever the hell you want to call it. I do know this......judging by the ignorance of your post, your the last person on earth I would want defining the term.

I don't agree but im glad you commented

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro

i was brought up with my grandparents 45 years old/ young never saw any of these people get drunk .a couple of drinks at new year was it now young people get smashed every weekend why because they can whos to blame ?? supermarkets selling drink for less than cost 600% increase in the drug production in afganistan & pakistan since uk & usa invaded .the taliban wanted to stop the trade . keep the masses drunk & drugged got to thank the queen for that one her troops protecting the fields ...its the 3rd biggest industry there is if the law wanted it stopped it would . its the goverments that are causing this we are the cannon fodder for the little game going on think yourself lucky you have not been blighted by this .i have been there /seen it / done it the lot .ive worked in most areas of england you dont say where you are based .move if it bugs you that much because societys sick & getting sicker do some reading on our glorious leaders .bush hrh the queen etc all drugs trade at the end of the day fxxx them look after no 1 then you will be strong enough to look after others lol

I agree with most of that...i won't be moving house though.

E

link   

reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Its my personal opinion that addicts CHOOSE to take drugs or alcohol....weak scum bags!!!

that's your problem,,,, your uninformed idiot,,, nonaddict,,,,,,,,,,,,, damn people can be so dumb

do you know what addiction is,,, what physical withdraw is???

no,,,, then shut it

yes at first it's fun and you have control,,,, however once actual physical addiction takes over,,,,,, it's a whole new ball game

did you know an alcoholic can die if they just cold turkey quit drinking,,,, or i guess you'd prefer that ehh????

people might as well not waist time on someone who's ego and opinions are so high none of us can make a dent in his "perfect life" and his mighty knowledge and brazen ego,,, while missing compassion gene

link   

For those who recover good for them but they shouldn't have got hooked in the first place, i mean at what point did they think "drugs...that will make things better"....stupidity does not clear people of the choices they are making!

E

Take the advice and leave it at that. You are possibly offending people here and you wouldn't even know it.

Never tried any drug or even smoked....drank a little bit in my very early 20's didn't like it and how i saw it effected people...

It's never to late to start!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

E

Agreed and should be used for those that deserve it most

E

Do you know something I don't about the price of a barrel of compassion? Should I be saving mine too so I can sell when the prices skyrocket?

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I don't agree but im glad you commented

And you wonder why people are treating you with disdain. People have gone to great lengths in this thread to explain our reasons and that's the best answer you can come up with. Hey, at least you read his post, unlike the shunning of an entire video earlier in the thread.

Troll is a troll is a troll.

EDIT TO ADD: Watch him ignore me again....
edit on 17/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Taking out the pin,

Releases my pain,

Sets free the the river,

See the river flow,

My death awaits.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm the same. In my earlier years, I was a drinker, every weekend, when ever I could. I gave up after seeing what it done to my wife and how in impacted on me also. The abuse and emotional effects it also had. I turned to cannabis. Cannibas was heaven sent for me It relaxed me more than the medication I am on now and to this day I believe it is a wonder HERB and should be legalised. I may get in trouble for posting that, but that is my opinion and I don't really care if they remove it and slap me on the wrist.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn

reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Its my personal opinion that addicts CHOOSE to take drugs or alcohol....weak scum bags!!!

that's your problem,,,, your uninformed idiot,,, nonaddict,,,,,,,,,,,,, damn people can be so dumb

do you know what addiction is,,, what physical withdraw is???

no,,,, then shut it

yes at first it's fun and you have control,,,, however once actual physical addiction takes over,,,,,, it's a whole new ball game

did you know an alcoholic can die if they just cold turkey quit drinking,,,, or i guess you'd prefer that ehh????

people might as well not waist time on someone who's ego and opinions are so high none of us can make a dent in his "perfect life" and his mighty knowledge and brazen ego,,, while missing compassion gene

yeah im a non-addict...

The rest is you being angry and frustrated that i don't like junkies..which is fine your choice..

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Not everybody is going to fit the mold OP, not every drop of cola at the bottling plant is going to make it into the bottle, a little bit is gonna end up on the floor. If you work at the plant, you may be the guy who has to mop it up. Do you seriously expect the whole planet en mass to buy into the arrangement that was set up for them? If so, I'd bet you'd be a bugger to live with. Every one of the people you call "scum bags" has a story, a story you'll never know because for you they're slotted...Scum Bags! You give the impression that even death would be too good for them. Who's next eh? Unwed mothers on welfare? Illegal immigrants? the old and feeble who take too long to clear the intersection and hold up traffic? I think maybe you need a vacation, problem is, nowhere you end up won't have it's share of "Scum Bags" It's not utopia, some pegs are just never gonna fit in the holes provided

I agree to a point...but all these people who are addicted started with a choice ....all of them .....

I started with the same choice, dabbled a bit as a youth, got into some turbulent air as a result and adjusted my altitude. I never addicted fortunately for me I guess as others I know didn't make it through. Point being, even though I had a choice, I never recognized it as such. I just fell into groups of people who got into it, kinda went with the turf. Some of your "Scum Bags" are going to move on to other things, going to get the cars, houses and credit cards..."Sheep Bags" others will stay on till the end. I don't think you can observe one swath of human behavior, label it and move on quite frankly.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you Kryton, you summed it up nicely.

Also, your avatar and sig crack me up every time I see them!
I love Red Dwarf.

I live by the motto "Better dead than Smeg". I have no idea what it means but I stand by my convictions.....

ROFL

According to the Urban Dictionary:

Smeg
Comes from the word "smegma", meaning the cheesy crud on the end of your willy, if you're a guy and dont wash your member properly.

I edited it slightly for t+c.

Better dead than some cheese on some dudes shlong! Good philosophy.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

E

Take the advice and leave it at that. You are possibly offending people here and you wouldn't even know it.

It's never to late to start!

Nahhh thanks anyway.....see thats how you beat addiction!!!

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Excellent! So I'm on the right track then, good to know!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join