It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People wasting there lives i.e drug addicts ..alcoholics..scum bags etc..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
All you people giving excuses to addicts as if its not their fault because of the government or because they had a bad childhood etc bla bla bla, are wrong and naive!!!!!!!
I grew up in the worst neighborhood of lisbon. Casal Ventoso!
it was a supermarket of drugs. I grew up with the worst that makes any of you north american and uk dudes look like pussys that I would eat for breakfast. Any ways Im not showing off its nothing to be proud of just pointing out my life experience. The OP is right addicts are weak and its nobody's fault but theirs. I had all the opportunities to become one. I left Portugal because sooner or later I would be killed or in jail. I am the master of my life I chose life I chose freedom I chose positive energy. No excuses for my past weakness it was nobody's fault but mine. And now I am doing great simple happy life. No one said life was easy stop making excuses and make the change. No one will help you but yourself and if you get addicted on coke or heroin its nobody's fault but yours.
Man! so many pussy's being brought up in today's society !

I 100% agree.....!!!
E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
NM, This *person* is a troll
What person lists their e-mail address on their signature?

SMH

ETA: Dude, in real life, I'd love to meet your parents. They must be quite a cast of characters.
edit on 17-7-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

My family are good people, not perfect but good people.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I don't know about you, but I'm going to leave him alone.

Yeah you're probably right, but that's what he wants, to be left alone to make himself feel like he won the argument.

He's one of those who can live with an addict for 5 years and still not get them.

5 years? He'd have them on a boat to Antarctica within a day, I guarantee it.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And you all get offended by him calling them scumbags but when they come rob you and possibly kill you for your money then you all pull out your guns to shoot them.
Talk is cheap people!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Addiction is NOT a Brain Disease, It is a Choice...

They’re screaming it from the rooftops: “addiction is a disease, and you can’t stop it without medical treatment”! But why are they screaming it so loud, why are they browbeating us about it, why is it always mentioned with a qualifier? You don’t hear people constantly referring to cancer as “the disease of cancer” – it’s just “cancer”, because it’s obvious that cancer is a disease, it’s been conclusively proven that the symptoms of cancer can’t be directly stopped with mere choices – therefore no qualifier is needed. On the other hand, addiction to drugs and alcohol is not obviously a disease, and to call it such we must either overlook the major gaps in the disease argument, or we must completely redefine the term “disease”.

www.thecleanslate.org...

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

My family are good people, not perfect but good people.

In your opinion. For all we know you are the lovechild of Charles Manson and Queen Mary 1 (Bloody Mary). You seem to share similar thoughts that's for sure....

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Deny ignorance is the ATS motto.

I shall deny this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And you all get offended by him calling them scumbags but when they come rob you and possibly kill you for your money then you all pull out your guns to shoot them.
Talk is cheap people!

Its all fine and dandy till its happening to them ....then there story would change!!

Makes me laugh how people are so blinkered these days about right and wrong!

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Deny ignorance is the ATS motto.

I shall deny this thread.

Its not a disease.

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I will not bow to your weak attitudes regarding my opinions on drug addicts and alcohol dependent wastes of space...

So what makes you feel that you are superior to those people? Your opinion about those people stinks. If this issue was such a bad thing alcohol would be illegal and we wouldn't have wastes of space walking around. The drug issue is another issue that the government cannot control... They are losing a war they will never win.

At least i have the courage of my convictions to stand up for what is right and ill never NEVER but a sheep going along with the PC do gooders....if thats how you wanna see the world and waste your time on these scum bags more power to you! I for one won't be a part of that...

You do not have courage. You have a very sadistic opinion of a group of people who need help. If you think about drug addicts and alcoholics like that, I can only imagine how you thik about other groups of people. You are useless and would be of no help to anyone.

The thread, I have enjoyed and im glad you all contributed ..thank you

I'm not finished with you so dont leave in a hurry. Its people like you that keep me coming back here... I love seeing people with no compassion and how pathetic they really are.
edit on 17-7-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Yep, time to let this thread fade away into insignificance.

Be well (as long as your not a dirty, filthy, hippy, junkie, alcoholic scumbag in which case you can burn in the fires of hell).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Talk is cheap people!

Its all fine and dandy till its happening to them ....then there story would change!!

E

Did you not see where I said "I have been a victim!.... etc."

O M G

Eugenics... you're a perfect example of why it should be implemented in some cases

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Just ignore the bad man and he will go away.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Its not a disease...

"In 1976, the writer Ivan Illich warned in the book, Limits to Medicine, that 'the medical establishment has become a major threat to health'. At the time, he was dismissed as a maverick, but a quarter of a century later, even the medical establishment is prepared to admit that he may well be right. (Anthony Browne, April 14, 2002, the Observer)"History and science have shown us that the existence of the disease of alcoholism is pure speculation. Just saying alcoholism is a disease, doesn't make it true. Nevertheless, medical professionals and American culture enthusiastically embraced the disease concept and quickly applied it to every possible behavior from alcohol abuse to compulsive lecturing and nail biting. The disease concept was a panacea for many failing medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies, adding billions of dollars to the industry and leading to a prompt evolution of pop-psychology. Research has shown that alcoholism is a choice, not a disease, and stripping alcohol abusers of their choice, by applying the disease concept, is a threat to the health of the individual.The disease concept oozes into every crevice of our society perpetuating harmful misinformation that hurts the very people it was intended to help.

Remarkably, the assumptions of a few were accepted as fact by the medical profession, devoid of any scientific study or supporting evidence. And soon after, the disease concept was accepted by the general public. With this said, visiting the history of the disease concept gives us all a better understanding of how and why all of this happened.The disease concept originated in the 1800s with a fellow by the name of Dr. Benjamin Rush. He believed those who drank too much alcohol were diseased and used the idea to promote his prohibitionist political platform. He also believed that dishonesty, political dissention and being of African-American decent were diseases. The "disease concept" was used throughout the late 1800s and early 1900s by prohibitionists and those involved in the Temperance Movement to further their political agenda. Prior to c.1891, the term alcoholic, referring to someone who drank too much alcohol, did not exist. Before that, alcohol was freely consumed, but drunkenness was not tolerated. Many sociologists contribute its non-existence to the very stigma that the disease concept removes. In fact, "Despite an ardent search, however, temperance adherents never identified an account of a drunkard before the 1800s who reported that he has lost control of his drinking." (Stanton Peele "Diseasing of America" pg. 37) "Drunkenness was not so much seen as the cause of deviant behavior-in particular crime and violence- as it was construed as a sign that an individual was willing to engage in such behavior." (H.G. Levine, "The Good Creature of God and the Demon Rum," in Alcohol and Disinhibitition, eds. R. Room and G. Collins.) During this period of time social ties and family played a much more influential role in an individual's life. Therefore, deviant behaviors were undesirable and less likely to occur. It was not until industrialization began, when the importance of social and family ties diminished, that alcoholism became a problem. We now live in a society that encourages binge drinking as a social norm, but at the same time, we live in a society that discourages it.The "recovery" community's adoption of the disease concept began with an early AA member named Marty Mann. Her efforts, combined with a somewhat dubious scientist named E.M. Jellinek, began national acceptance of the disease concept. It was Jellinek's self-proclaimed "scientific" study that opened the door for the medical community's support. E.M. Jellinek's study was funded by the efforts of Marty Mann and R. Brinkley Smithers. And, like so many other circumstances involving Jellinek and Mann, the study was bogus, if not outright fraudulent.

The surveys Jellinek based his conclusions on were from a handpicked group of alcoholics. There were 158 questionnaires handed out and 60 of them were suspiciously not included. His conclusion was based on less than 100 handpicked alcoholics chosen by Marty Mann. Mann, of course, had a personal agenda to remove the stigma about the homeless and dirty alcoholic or "bowery drunk" in order to gain financial support from the wealthy. By removing the stigma, the problem becomes one of the general population, which would then include the wealthy. The first step was Jellinek publishing his findings in his book "The Disease Concept of Alcoholism," which was based on selected subjects who fit the criteria supporting Mann's preconceived conclusions. Later, E.M. Jellinek was asked by Yale University to refute his own findings. He complied. E.M. Jellinek's The Disease Concept of Alcoholism did not stand up to scientific scrutiny.Early in the 20th Century.
www.soberforever.net

E
edit on 17-7-2012 by EqualizerUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Wow, just wow. Apparently the SHIFT key is too hard to press now also. You lazy scumbag, please get out of the human race....NOW.

So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key

I commend you for your patience in this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You sound quite angry and a bit strict "im not finished with you" lol

Not sure i like the way this is leading..

lol

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Wall-o-text crits thread for 10,000,000 points.

So one guy writes a wall of text that agrees with your delusion? It took you how long to find it?

Oh yeah, you're ignoring me. And I'm ignoring you! My, my, what a coincidence!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Talk is cheap people!

E

Did you not see where I said "I have been a victim!.... etc."

O M G

Eugenics... you're a perfect example of why it should be implemented in some cases

Im sorry you were a victim...honestly ....so doesn't that put a little fire in your belly to stop pandering to these scumbags??

or do you feel happy playing the compassionate forgiving victim?

E

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
So weak minded to not have the will to press the shift key

I commend you for your patience in this thread.

Stupidity requires patience. Sheer wilful ignorance requires something akin to Buddhist Zen.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Its not a disease..

www2.macleans.ca...

Q: The title of your new book, Addiction: A Disorder of Choice, is more or less self-explanatory. What led you to think that addiction may not be, as most research literature describes it, a “chronic, relapsing disease?”

A: Like everybody else, my initial goal was to find out how drug use turned from a voluntary behaviour to an involuntary one—that’s what I put down on my grant applications. But when I was teaching, I wanted to give my students at least some feeling for what addiction is like. So I began reading biographies, histories and ethnographies of addiction. This data gave a very different picture than the one I expected. The literature on how addicted people behave showed they stopped using the drugs, and that they did so because of family issues, or there was a choice between their children and continued drug use, or they were moving on to an environment where it was disapproved of.

In other words, the kinds of things that influence all of our everyday decisions were influencing people who are heavy, heavy drug users to stop using. And it was so consistent. Each report supported the other.

Then I began looking at the epidemiological data—these large surveys that have formed the basis for a lot of important psychiatric research in the last 20 years—and they showed the same thing. A huge percentage of people who had at some point met the criteria for lifetime substance dependence no longer did so by the time they were in their 30s. It varied from 60 to 80 per cent.

Q: So why does that preclude it from being a disease?

A: At the heart of the notion of behavioural disease is the idea of compulsivity, by which people mean it’s beyond the influence of reward, punishment, expectations, cultural values, personal values. Alan Leshner [the former head of the National Institute on Drug Abuse] says drug use starts off as voluntary and becomes involuntary. But the epidemiological evidence suggests otherwise. When you read the biographical information, you see individual drug addicts [who’ve quit] saying, “Well, it was a question of getting high on coc aine or putting food on the table for my kids.” Or, “My life was getting out of control.” Or, in the case of William S. Burroughs, “The cheques from my parents stopped coming.”

E

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join