It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I am aware of thinking therefore i know i am.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thinking happens and there is an awareness of the thinking.
All happenings are happening and the happening is known.
Knowing is gnosis.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I agree with most of that.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The belief that you are your thinking is very disturbing. You are what allows all things to arise including thought, without the presence that you are no thought could arise. Thoughts come and go just like all of existence, all is passing.
Know yourself to be the witness of the show of existence and thoughts are part of the show.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, there is a theory that everything only exists because we are focusing on it. The instance we stop focusing on it, it fades away. Focus requires thought, thought requires consciousness.

I don't think that's disturbing. It's not disturbing nor awesome. It just...is.
edit on 21-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Well, there is a theory that everything only exists because we are focusing on it. The instance we stop focusing on it, it fades away. Focus requires thought, thought requires consciousness.

I don't think that's disturbing. It's not disturbing nor awesome. It just...is.
edit on 21-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Consciousness is the knowing that I am.
Thought should not be thought of as what you are. Thoughts arise but are not you. You are the awareness of thoughts arising. You are not doing thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Can you prove this?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Can you tell me what your next thought will be?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You are close.....

When he said " I am" he used the words to declare I am god. I am everything..I am a tree..I am a planet...I am a fruit..I am a ocean...

Do you see how you can use those two words to create everything? The words "I am" are Jesus. He had to use Jesus to become. So with gods great wisdom he used these two words through Jesus to create things.

That's why Jesus said for every stone you turn over I am there...I am.....The two most powerful words you can use...yes, you can use them too..

You are close, but I am now enlightening you on what is....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

I agree. God is the universe and everything in it, including us. God is nature, and its 'purpose' is the floe of nature, which we humans have corrupted.

God is the 'now', what the universe is at this moment, and this moment, and this moment too.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Can you prove this?

Only you can prove to yourself that you are there before and after a thought arises and subsides.
Before any thing, I am.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
'I think, therefore I AM'.
What is I am?
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I believe that consciousness is a form on energy. Energy can not be destroyed, we can only change its form. Think of a piece of wood that we throw into the fire. It is not destroyed it only changes from wood to heat,light, and ash. I believe our souls are the same. Our bodies are organic they die and decay, our souls and our thoughts are a form of energy that change form. That being said, I feel this helps to explain how medium allways say they are reading a persons energy. They have figured out a way or were born with the ability to interpret someones thoughts and energy. There is an episode of Ghost Hunters where Jason and Grant are getting read by a medium. Grant has the thermal and is recording Jason, then you see this wierd rainbow affect coming from Jason, and is headed towards the man. Very cool video. I have no proof just how my brain thinks.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join