It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I have a question for you. Were the earliest gospels and records compiled by the Romans?
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Will you, like the op, deny our Father and the Son only to presume to teach the rest of us about Truth in your perfect understanding of unbelief?
You people are so dumb; cracks me up.

It was inappropriate of you to say suicide bombers are the same as the christian martyrs. You should apologize to me, all ATS Christians, and the MODs because the history of the martyrs is not mythology and to say that it is would be the epitome of willful ignorance. Also, I asked to hear about your hope. What you said had nothing to do with the substance of what you hope for, who or what you hope in, how that hope will last past this worldly death, or how you are sure your hope is real and lasting and true. Nevertheless, I know of your hopelessness and it's just like the ops because we've had this convo before if im not mistaken. Had you perfect understanding of Jesus and a right relationship with our Father you would've believed and your hope would've been worth being called hope.

edit on 19-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Says the guy who's going to sit there and let the world go to hell because he's confident that HE, at least, will be fine. Why? Because an old book says so. All it takes is faith, in a world based on evidence. And yet that is Satan worship! Of course, the iconic head of Satan, in Christian culture, is stolen from the image of Baphomet, the pagan god of wisdom and fertility, while the rest of pagan traditions were ripped apart and added to Christian beliefs, making the whole of Christianity a medley of plagiarism, devil worship, and hypnosis by means of mantras and repeating lies until you believe them.

But we're the idiots. Okay. I'd rather be a fool than a coward. Fools can save people. Cowards die alone and afraid.

Had you perfect understanding of Jesus and a right relationship with our Father you would've believed and your hope would've been worth being called hope.

Did you know pride and arrogance are both sinful? But it doesn't matter as long as you're talking about Jesus, right? Imagine something for me: Jesus is sitting next to you right now, watching every word you've typed for the past day and a half. How would he feel about this right now? How would he look at you?

So what's that you were saying about being loving and nonjudgmental and all compassionate and such? Oh right, you were about to admit you're a hypocrite!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Says the guy who's going to sit there and let the world go to hell because he's confident that HE, at least, will be fine. Why? Because an old book says so. All it takes is faith, in a world based on evidence. And yet that is Satan worship! Of course, the iconic head of Satan, in Christian culture, is stolen from the image of Baphomet, the pagan god of wisdom and fertility, while the rest of pagan traditions were ripped apart and added to Christian beliefs, making the whole of Christianity a medley of plagiarism, devil worship, and hypnosis by means of mantras and repeating lies until you believe them. But we're the idiots. Okay. I'd rather be a fool than a coward. Fools can save people. Cowards die alone and afraid.

You should quote why I said you are dumb because you still don't get it and never did you understand scripture. I do what I can for others in love and grace. There are things in my control and things not so bark all you want at me, christianity, religion or whatever but what you fail to do is refute Jesus. My Faith and my hope are in Jesus alone for a spiritually lost and dying world; I am not alone.

Did you know pride and arrogance are both sinful? But it doesn't matter as long as you're talking about Jesus, right? Imagine something for me: Jesus is sitting next to you right now, watching every word you've typed for the past day and a half. How would he feel about this right now? How would he look at you?

So what's that you were saying about being loving and nonjudgmental and all compassionate and such? Oh right, you were about to admit you're a hypocrite!

Again you show why no one should listen to you. I'm here sowing seeds of reason, logic, science, history, love and hope all in the name of Jesus while you people teach destruction, hopelessness, and vain knowledge. It's funny, but also sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It was inappropriate of you to say suicide bombers are the same as the christian martyrs. You should apologize to me, all ATS Christians, and the MODs because the history of the martyrs is not mythology and to say that it is would be the epitome of willful ignorance.

What?

Also, I asked to hear about your hope. What you said had nothing to do with the substance of what you hope for, who or what you hope in, how that hope will last past this worldly death, or how you are sure your hope is real and lasting and true.

I have many times talked about my "hope". !! That the world and its population will organize peace on Earth at last. And (not a 'hope', but knowledge) that we will all get there eventually.

Nevertheless, I know of your hopelessness and it's just like the ops because we've had this convo before if im not mistaken. Had you perfect understanding of Jesus and a right relationship with our Father you would've believed and your hope would've been worth being called hope.

We may have had this conversation before, (Now I see that you were talking to someone else) but that does not mean that you convinced me.

"Hopelessness"? "Dumb"? "Crack you up"?

Wow.

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: yeah, took your post as directed at me, not AfterInfinity

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Will you, like the op, deny our Father and the Son only to presume to teach the rest of us about Truth in your perfect understanding of unbelief?

I have denied NOTHING. Wow.
Again,wow.
Feeling defensive?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You should quote why I said you are dumb because you still don't get it and never did you understand scripture. I do what I can for others in love and grace. There are things in my control and things not so bark all you want at me, christianity, religion or whatever but what you fail to do is refute Jesus. My Faith and my hope are in Jesus alone for a spiritually lost and dying world; I am not alone.

No! You're not! But you are discarding other interpretations, other 'witnessing',and other manifestations of his message!
I have not in any way, ever, refuted the message of Jesus!

EDIT (now I'm pissed, and after this post I'm logging off).
I'm the one who doesn't "get it"? I live by what HE TAUGHT! Yikes. You don't take the time to read other people's posts, obviously.
Wow.
Gnight, guys and gals.
[Piteous)....

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Again you show why no one should listen to you. I'm here sowing seeds of reason, logic, science, history, love and hope all in the name of Jesus while you people teach destruction, hopelessness, and vain knowledge. It's funny, but also sad.

WHAT? No, you are 'sowing seeds of religion', not "reason, logic, science, history, love and hope"!!
Who of "we people"are teaching destruction, hopelessness, and vain knowledge.????
Wow.
I can feel how shaken you are.

ABSURD.

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

And Im not sure your average pastor knows the medical significance of blood and water spewing forth from the rib stab wound, so I think it would be prudent to leave those details to the Pathologists.

I'm not talking about "average pastors"!!!

I have already described how my husband's broken rib led to empyema, and a drain in the lining of his lung revealed blood and water (LOOK IT UP!).

If you don't want to hear it, that is NOT my fault. I have SEEN water/blood emitted from a lung when the person had no pierced heart! And you want to declare it is impossible.

I've been there, dude. I saw it. I lived it. The fluid that was extracted from my husband's pierced (to drain it) lung was water and blood.

But okay, you're bent on sticking to your myth. Okay.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I missed this story. But I see what you wrote above, and I thought you knew better than that. It is difficult to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and not be drawn into the whole worship ordeal.

Hmm. Seems I misjudged. Oh well, it won't happen twice.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have a question for you. Were the earliest gospels and records compiled by the Romans?

No. Rome didst legalize Christianity until the 4th century AD with the "Edict of Toleration" under Constantine's Empeorship. Then it was made the official religion of the Empire by Theodosius I with the "edict of thessolonica".

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And Im not sure your average pastor knows the medical significance of blood and water spewing forth from the rib stab wound, so I think it would be prudent to leave those details to the Pathologists.

I'm not talking about "average pastors"!!!

I have already described how my husband's broken rib led to empyema, and a drain in the lining of his lung revealed blood and water (LOOK IT UP!).

If you don't want to hear it, that is NOT my fault. I have SEEN water/blood emitted from a lung when the person had no pierced heart! And you want to declare it is impossible.

I've been there, dude. I saw it. I lived it. The fluid that was extracted from my husband's pierced (to drain it) lung was water and blood.

But okay, you're bent on sticking to your myth. Okay.

I don't have to look it up. That's a "pleural effusion" is that I previously stated. Next look up a "pericardial effusion".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I missed this story. But I see what you wrote above, and I thought you knew better than that. It is difficult to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and not be drawn into the whole worship ordeal.

Hmm. Seems I misjudged. Oh well, it won't happen twice.

What? What are you talking about? I knew better than what? NuT and I have had an ongoing disagreement about what was done to the man the Romans crucified, and what happened to him afterward. I disbelieve in the resurrection. Always have.

I'm not into the whole "worship" ordeal, but apparently you're ready to dismiss me without background enough to really address that disagreement between him and me.
Okay, well, go ahead. Won't be the first time I've been "dismissed". I don't expect it will be the last, either.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"dismissed" did not appear in my post. You're assuming. Guess that makes two of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

No, Constantine did it at Nicea.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

No, Constantine did it at Nicea.

No, Da Vinci Code is found in the fiction section of the bookstore. Constantine only legalized the faith. His 2nd successor made Christianity the official religion of the Empire. His name was Theodosius I. The books of the Bible were never discussed or part of the agenda at Nicaea. The council was convened to address the Arian heresy and to nail down the date for Easter observance.

Don't take my word for it, look at the Wiki entry for Council of Nicaea under the subheading "misconceptions ".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No, Da Vinci Code is found in the fiction section of the bookstore.

Shhh, keep your condescension down in the respectful section.

With that said, I didn't take it from any Dan Brown book, I took it from my own research. At the council of nicea, every aspect of Jesus was agreed upon. Constantine was Pagan, but could see which side was winning, and so he melded the two, combining the best of both worlds. It was never meant to be taken literally, it was only meant to stop wars and teach lessons.

We're the idiots who took it seriously.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If you will read your very first post to me you'll notice that you facepalmed me for believing Jesus at his word when he said he is coming back for his own. That's denying him. You also said, "I disbelieve in the resurrection."

The op called our Christian heritage mythology and you facepalmed me for calling that ignorant. That is being as ignorant and hardhearted on the subject as the op. Please, please hear what I'm saying to you. Jesus through Paul and the martyrs lit a fire in the culture of Rome and subverted the Rule of Tyranny: men free in the name of other men. It was in the name of Jesus that we first became free as a culture of our own and it is in the name of Jesus I am free today. Unfortunately, the nation I live in is turning back into the Rome of old. This is my understanding and what I see and because of this, I hear you telling me that to change times and seasons and evil from happening I and my kindred need to give up on our Father, His Spirit, and Jesus to become like the rest of you? You want me to do something other than live my life with grace and love in the name and for the sake of Jesus so that the world will change for the better? No way.

Dear sister, let Jesus convince you. He is the one standing between you and being able to feel legitimate in your beliefs. I love you and I want you to have an everlasting hope in this dark world where the godless kill for pleasure and torment with glee. Jesus is coming. He will fix it all. Trust him.

edit on 20-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You want me to do something other than live my life with grace and love in the name and for the sake of Jesus so that the world will change for the better?

I never, ever suggested that! Grace and love is the answer, and the only way we will win this war is to practice it!

He is the one standing between you and being able to feel legitimate in your beliefs. I love you and I want you to have an everlasting hope in this dark world where the godless kill for pleasure and torment with glee.

He is not in my way!!!!
Ghaaaa!
Trust him? I did....EDIT: I try. I live by what he taught, and I do it EVERY FCKing DAY! Where the hell is he? Hmmmm?

No. You are buying into a legendary myth, and sitting on your hands waiting for "him" to fix everything!!
Dear brother, it takes US to change things. OMG, please help these idle people who are waiting for you to fix it to STEP UP! We have to agree to what we want.

If enough of us (meaning: ALL of us) focus on peace on Earth, and compassion, and loving one another (which, btw, is what he taught....and that's ALL he taught) it will happen. But all of this "Oh, dear sibling, please, just trust in this hearsay about what a guy who's been dead for 2000 years says"......NO! STEP UP!

I'm sorry. I'm just really angry right now. It's so simple! Love one another, and love "God", (the Divine Source). "God" is not a guy in the clouds sitting on a throne ready to send people to hell! "God" is what we are all part of!! From you to me to my dogs and cats and grass and weeds and trees and avocadoes and cows and fish and....

I am just astounded that there are still people who don't recognize that we are ONE! WE are all CONNECTED!

Sorry for "shouting", but c'mon! Step up, people!!!!

edit on 20-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No, Da Vinci Code is found in the fiction section of the bookstore.

Shhh, keep your condescension down in the respectful section.

With that said, I didn't take it from any Dan Brown book, I took it from my own research. At the council of nicea, every aspect of Jesus was agreed upon. Constantine was Pagan, but could see which side was winning, and so he melded the two, combining the best of both worlds. It was never meant to be taken literally, it was only meant to stop wars and teach lessons.

We're the idiots who took it seriously.

Just look at Encyclopedia entries for the Council.. you're quite off.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join