It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is gonna be a short post, and I apologize for that, but I would really like some input from the soul-searchers of ATS. A realization began to come to me while I was contemplating the universe (as always, hurr durr :@@
and I came to a rather startling thought by associating two puzzling ideas.

When God identified itself, it simply said, "I am the I am." Quite possibly the only admission as to what exactly its nature is. As I pondered this, I recalled a very famous quote: "I think, therefore I am."

So what if...and I do realize this is a bit of a stretch, but WHAT IF...God was saying, "I am thought"? Well, where does thought come from? The mind. Awareness. Consciousness.

What if God meant it was consciousness? What if God is consciousness?

Think about it.
edit on 11-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i love how you are thinking like this.. i love to go through my mind and just think, i come across some very interesting thoughts when this happens.
but i totally believe god is consciousness... i have thought about this as well before.. but i also believe that its not just your own consciousness that makes god but its all of the consciousnesses that exist that make up god..
so in a way we are a part of god.. and so that makes us a little.. godlike... in a way.

i also want to say that if the majority of humans could start thinking like this, and not so negative thinking or have mean thoughts or whatever, then we would be able to see how godlike we really are... but its that negative thinking in humans that are keeping the majority held back from our true potentials.. if that makes sense...
so in a way the people who have mean thoughts, negative thoughts, or what have you, they are holding humanity back!.. and it is important to start thinking on the bright side of things, and not negative thinking, because negative thinking actually does something to our planet and to us humans on a vast scale....
this is of course just what i believe, and iv came across this from reading things and just from thinking inside my head, just what you did OP...

good post.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

but i also believe that its not just your own consciousness that makes god but its all of the consciousnesses that exist that make up god..

I believe so as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

thats awesome!...

haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

God is not some guy in the sky. Replace GOD with the word "science" and "all known and unknown."

God is the infinite perfect program running infinitely in ever aspect of this universe and beyond.

Again not some entity that rolls eyes and shakes head. No where near.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

God is not some guy in the sky.

Did I ever say God was?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This is a fun idea, the sort of thing that would've floated around my head during my college years (I should say college year because I dropped out after that). However Cogito Ergo Sum is in latin, and the verses where Yahweh identifies himself as I am that I am are likely in Hebrew translated to Greek. So the fact that the language seems to match up perfectly in English is simply because we've translated both to English. Also the Biblical God doesn't seem too fond of thinking, he's much more fond of punishing and rewarding, in the Old Testament its mostly punishing.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Why would God have to identify itself, that would mean there would have to be something else to make the distinction. What do you mean by being, So rocks aren't?

I think you might be making some very big assumptions, i think it might be too hard to explain this with words we are very limited.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Lets play with the thought:

Oneness_1: if you take volume of one proton of vacuum energy, this energy is enough to create the whole visible universe (e = mc^2). The building block is the building.

Oneness_2: Consider two cameras pointed at an aquarium with a goldfish in. They are pointed in different angles, and the image is shown in a whole different room on two different screens. Basically, if you would not know the setup, you might believe you are watching two distinctively different gold fishes. Our reality is similar. Our atoms "think" they are separate entities, but actually they are just images of the same atom, residing outside our day-to-day reality. They are entangled. The entanglement traverses the whole universe, and it may even traverse time (from future to the past).

Oneness_3: You, yourself, experience this universe, in parallel with other beings doing the same. But in face, you are walking through a mesh of quantum foam, where you create your own version of the universe. Takes a volume of energy corresponding to one proton. Somebody else is doing the same, and takes another proton volume of vacuum energy. These are not two fully separate universes though. They are connected. They share information, and interact. But are distinctive to their "owners". Your universe obeys your thoughts as an observer. Trillions trillions trillions of beings do the same with their copy of the universe. The system is approx size of one cubic meter. You may talk and exchange ideas to other universes, but you still run and direct the path of your own copy of universe.

Oneness_4: The other universes have copies of you. Trillions trillions trillions of copies. You have an inherent feeling sometimes, you have experienced an event before, but cannot put a finger on it, where and when this was.

Oneness_5: You wonder "who you are". Are you sum of all these copies, or are you the one running your own universe. Which one of these trillions trillions trillions versions of you, you really are? OR, are you actually the one, who is right now, standing outside this cube of holograms, out of the sensory perception of the world and universe, out of the web of entangled copies. The true yourself.

Oneness_6: Standing outside the cube, you recognize, the concept of time and space does not matter - since those only exist inside the cube.

Oneness_7: You wonder again "who you are". Because, you realize, your body, and the persona, emotions, psyche... are actually inside the cube, and do not have a meaning when standing outside the cube. You just "are". There is nothing but "I am". And you realize, "I am" the way, the truth and the life.

Oneness_8: You realize "I am" for you may not be different from "I am" for somebody else. Since you are projections of somebody standing outside of another type of cube. But in "I am", it is still the "I" which "is". It is the gateway to being in wholeness. Like the "sitting Buddha" in a Mandelbrot fractal, which pops up how deep you would zoom into that fractal. It always appears, and shows the gateway to the original "sitting Buddha". It is one.

Oneness_9. I am.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

God is not some guy in the sky.

Did I ever say God was?

No, but many athiests and religious people alike seem to think so and then when reality hits them in the face the atheists say see told you so and the religious person says , forget religion how stupid.

You should of quoted the rest of my post for it more true than you know.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

God is not some guy in the sky. Replace GOD with the word "science" and "all known and unknown."

God is the infinite perfect program running infinitely in ever aspect of this universe and beyond.

Again not some entity that rolls eyes and shakes head. No where near.

i do believe that god is as you say.." an infinite program running infinitely in every aspect of this universe and beyond"..... hes like the energy that makes up anything that is in existence... but i do also believe that if god is something with that kind of power.. god would be able to shape shift itself into anything it pleases... why god would want to do that is beyond me.. but i do believe that god has its own physical form that he uses.... but i also do think that in the spiritual form, he is the all being of everything and is the all energy that is...

i believe what you say but i dont believe you when you say he isnt something........
because he is everything!
but thats just me haha

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I do believe consciousness is a gift of our Father but when our Father defines Himself as, "I Am that I Am," can He really be completely defining Himself as "consciousness?"

Answer: Can't be.

Why: Our Father cannot not simply be "consciousness" or have meant such because, in light of the rest of His Word, there are several "conscious" beings (Satan, Beast, False Prophet) who are ordained to spend eternal consciousness absent our Father, the light of His glory, and His Holy Spirit. If God is completely defined by "consciousness" this would mean that the "I Am" will one day begin eternity absent the presence of the "I Am." Do you see?

We all know what happens to a nation divided against itself, no? And divided against Himself Our Father is not.

There must be a much deeper, richer, fuller understanding of what was being told us by our Father.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Tell it to Jesus. Tell it to the Martyrs.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you can ask "do I exist?", you do and you are not a toaster but a consciousness. And in infinity you are infinite, each clip of your infinite roll of film hangs infinitely in space.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

We are the ones who made the distinctions. Remember, both Jesus and Lucifer have been referred to as the "morning star". Additionally, it has been said that Satan would come down from above...rather strange, considering he was cast down already, right?

These are the mistakes of OUR writing the Bible. I would be willing to believe, however, that God is consciousness. See, there can be no positive without negative, and I believe there are two faces of the same being. Satan is God. God is Satan. They are simply two ways of looking at the same thing. Consciousness...and all of its perspectives.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What if everything is consciousness...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its not all consciousness. There is a difference between the matter, which is energetic waves, and basically a technology really, and the Soul/Consciousness. It goes back to the question, Why Does Something Exist and Not Nothing? Like in the middle slit experiment, the answer is all possibilities exist, something, nothing and inbetween, and infinite energies, both animate and inanimate.

Now, something I was shown is this, above, or eutopias, higher frequency, saw a gate in a lovely old wall covered in flowers, that opened to wonderful worlds and vistas, from gardens to cities to everything imagineable, and beyond imagination. More colors than you can shake a stick at.

Below me was almost like a black hole, a dark portal to winterlands, temporal, ie. people will be rescued from them and choose to turn around.

In between was a kind of barrier. That was like an ocean, that was various types of waves, some condensed and denser like rocks, others far more light, but that was here, and we are all spongebob.

Now the waves, the energy was a kind of barrier, and was maleable, formed by Higher Ups and also we have abilities with our Spirit. Consciousness is what shapes, changes the maleable ocean of energies, sound/frequency and thought which is also frequency is what makes it change. The Higher Ups, its Creators/Managers have the biggest formational abilities, but we also add to this.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

We are the ones who made the distinctions. Remember, both Jesus and Lucifer have been referred to as the "morning star". Additionally, it has been said that Satan would come down from above...rather strange, considering he was cast down already, right?

If you want clarification on Satan dropping the light, Jesus becoming the light of men, Jesus returning the bright and morning star unto the Father, or God's plan and what Satan has on his mind then go to the Word or we can private msg but none of this has to do with the argument I presented.

These are the mistakes of OUR writing the Bible. I would be willing to believe, however, that God is consciousness. See, there can be no positive without negative, and I believe there are two faces of the same being. Satan is God. God is Satan. They are simply two ways of looking at the same thing. Consciousness...and all of its perspectives.

The mistakes are in our understanding.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what is your good and blessed hope; praise your god and glorify him if he's worth it. Just don't sit here and expect respect from me, telling us you know all about the Father in understanding while showing nothing of the sort, openly blaspheming the existence of the "I Am" who you quoted.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My "god" doesn't require praise, just like any other parent. Parents usually prefer to see their kids become grandly successful, because that means they succeeded in raising them right. That your god requires worship and praise, and gets JEALOUS when we seek to match him, is a sad, sad thing...

I firmly believe no omniscient, omnipotent being would want to be worshipped by its creations. That's called tyranny and an egomaniac. I will never worship nor respect such a being, regardless of whether it gave me life or not. A father who does not care for his children is not a father at all. You call this world taken care of? You call this species well-raised? No. This is pitiful. I know men who are not immortal, men who can only lift 150 pounds, men who are average in stature and whose blood runs red and fast when they are cut. These are mortal, weak, sinful men...and they are better fathers than your god. And your god wants my veneration, my worship? Never. That is where I stand on the matter. I do not mean to offend, I merely wish to show you what your god is compared to the men of this earth...the men he has abandoned to the cruelties of fate and other men. And if your book were not telling you to worship that god on pain of eternal damnation, I think you would feel the same way I do. If your god does exist, if he does rule this world...on the day I stand face to face with him, it will not be him rejecting me. It will be me denying him. There is no greater humiliation, no greater loss, than being rejected by a subject of your rule. A king rejects his people daily...but to reject a king is to show a greater contempt than any man could cause. And what could breed such contempt? See above.

And if you have nothing more to say, that is where I will leave it. And note: I spoke of your god. I said nothing of the living, loving essence - the CONSCIOUSNESS - that I believe in.

openly blaspheming the existence of the "I Am" who you quoted.

I currently sit somewhere in America. I am subject to the 1st amendment, which says I can blaspheme all I want. It's called "freedom of speech", and "freedom of religion". I am not stopping you from worship, I am simply questioning your deity. I do not mean to offend, I am being honest.

Have a wonderful and uplifting day.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Everything comes from consciousness! Nothing can be observed without consciousness entering the equation.
So for me God is consciousness.
"...don`t you know that ye are all gods?..." jesus.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join