It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know, responding to any of my previous 8 posts would be nice. Not to be an obnoxious little crybaby, but I DID post this thread, and I do want to be part of the discussion.

Inclusion is a nice little philosophy. Just sayin'.
edit on 19-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

'm going to leave this thread until people stop ignoring me. I keep posting, and getting no responses. I posted this thread, I want to discuss, not talk at a virtual brick wall.

See you guys later.

Hey! Wait a minute! I'm not ignoring you, I'm reading all of your posts, and I agree with you. That's indicated by the stars on your posts....
I also agree with 3NLIGHT3N3D1 (hope I got that right). I kinda thought we were all discussing....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Do you see the long line of contradictions and twisted games that we're faced with?

Yes, I do! (I know you were asking NuT)...
please don't leave, After! We're getting somewhere here!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Each of those words, as I looked closer, turned out to be a kind of person that was forever damned. I saw homosexuals, wiccans, psychics, rockers, and all sorts of other personalities decorating that sign. All people I know. All people going to hell.

And these people will be judged for the entire time they are alive. And you talk about peace? Give me a break.

Exactly. That's why I posted to NuT that people are shunned, ridiculed, ostracized, demonized, and condemned by some who call themselves Christians....
and I am absolutely opposed to it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't want a damn thing to do with this world anymore. They sent me here to do a job, I can't do it because my hands are tied. They thought they could save Earth...

Well, do it. F***ing nuke the rock. When you have a house full of fleas, that's what you do. Bomb it. Maybe we'll all come back as something other than sheep.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

They sent me here to do a job, I can't do it because my hands are tied. They thought they could save Earth...

Okay, take a breath. You are doing it. Don't expect immediate results. Just keep sowing the seeds. There are more people than you realize that read these threads but don't post in them.

You are, I believe, making a big contribution to the cause for peace on earth. Please don't give up. You're too young to do that, but I totally understand the defeated feeling. We must keep fighting the good fight. You are not alone, or no one at all would be on this thread, and you clearly have two supporters still involved!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just keep sowing the seeds.

The seeds are worthless to a soil that thrives on salt. And that is exactly what the people of Earth are: materialistic, shallow, and easily manipulated.

It's a wonder we survived to the new millenium at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Just keep sowing the seeds.

The seeds are worthless to a soil that thrives on salt. And that is exactly what the people of Earth are: materialistic, shallow, and easily manipulated.

It's a wonder we survived to the new millenium at all.

But we have. And you can't see the soil. Remember (and someone else pointed it out a few days ago -- BlueMule, believe).

The map is never the territory. The menu is not the meal. And not everyone on whose mind the seeds have been planted is going to acknowledge them to you. It sometimes takes many, many times, and a sudden shift in perspective for circumstantial reasons, to remember it.

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The map is not the territory, but you can see where you're going. The menu is not the meal, but you can still see what's available. And while you may not see which people are going to wake up, you can still sense where the movement is going.

I sense our forces are being fought fiercely, and I fear we will lose.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I sense our forces are being fought fiercely, and I fear we will lose.

We haven't lost until we give up in defeat. It does look dire, yes. But it's not over yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes they left writings behind. Historians apply the same scrutiny to them as they do to any other works of antiquity. And considering the subject matter theirs have been scrutinized exponentially more than any others.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes they left writings behind.

Nope, they didn't. Not the ones who were his disciples while he was alive. The ones who bought into it spread the word, , but if you can show me one of his first actual live contemporaries' writings, I'll look at them. It's amazing that you have identified things written at the time, because no one else has knowledge of them. All we have is third-hand dogma, and possibly second-hand copies of copies of originals that no longer are here to examine.

If you can show me other than what we know about, then bring it on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If god truly loved us, he would not have a place for us to burn for eternity, he would forgive us no matter what we believed if he truly had unconditional love.

You say you are not afraid of hell because you have been saved, yet you expect us to fear he'll. The fact that you expect us to fear it shows that you fear it, only subconsciously.

You were indoctrinated as a child to believe in Jesus by youe fear of hell. So was I, and I realize this now that I am free of that fear.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

That place as you say was created for the devil and his angels. Man goes there as a secondary consequence of aligning themselves to him. Despite God knowing that a majority of humans would choose following that other path, He still chose to make man. There can be no love unless the creature is free to choose to give it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And I'm supposed to surrender my soul to this guy, just because he threatens me with hell if I don't. Why would someone so perfect need to threaten anyone? Their mere personality alone should win them. Look at the politicians! They didn't even create us, and we still flock like pigs to a trough!

Yet God needs Hell to convince us. What does that say about him?

You're already on the way there, all of us are. You only need to be born to go to Hell. Likewise, the way out is just as easy. It's the cards we all were dealt, but we are free to play or fold. That's the difficult part of making a creature with free will.. some won't choose to reciprocate that love. And without evil good cannot be felt or imagined.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yes they left writings behind.

Nope, they didn't. Not the ones who were his disciples while he was alive. The ones who bought into it spread the word, , but if you can show me one of his first actual live contemporaries' writings, I'll look at them. It's amazing that you have identified things written at the time, because no one else has knowledge of them. All we have is third-hand dogma, and possibly second-hand copies of copies of originals that no longer are here to examine.

If you can show me other than what we know about, then bring it on.

So now you're a historian? I thought your profession was Psychologist, no?

You're not familiar with the latest work from Carsten Thiede and the Gospel according to Matthew are you?

edit on 19-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

They were eyewitnesses to the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. What they were murdered for.. refusing to recant after torture.

Because what they saw was a RESUSCITATED Jesus, not a "resurrected" one. A Jesus who was hungry, thirsty, flesh and blood, with healed wounds, walking around. Resuscitated. Healed. Because his Essene supporters were the best healers at the time, and knew what to do, and made a deal with Pilate (who was, as you recall, sympathetic to Jesus' dilemma).

gha.

Which ICU was He in? Three days later up and walking after a Roman scourging and crucifixion? That might be a greater miracle than being resurrected by God!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So now you're a historian? I thought your profession was Psychologist, no?

Nope, not a psychologist. They follow the "medical model" of 'you are sick and I have the cure as the expert.'

I was a clinical psychoTHERAPIST, a social worker. Big diff. Two very different approaches to helping. A social worker's premise is (if trained the way I am) that the client is the expert on him or herself, and the worker's job is to be a helpful teammate to get them first help them DETERMINE, and then get STARTED on the path that THEY want to follow, based on what THEY decide is the goal. It's about respecting the client's dignity and self-determination, and helping by offering options and thoughts.

And yes, I am a historian. I've been studying history for as long as I've been studying the human condition in action.
You may have forgotten (or missed) the fact that I'm very, very well read. History, philosophy, theology, social systems. Those are my "passions".
edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: syntax

edit on 19-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Christians cannot force people to repent and place their trust and faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Much to their chagrine. But they can shun, ridicule, demonize, judge, condemn, warn, and ostracize them. Nice.

I can't speak for the religious folks. But history shows that method doesn't produce results. Look at the laundry list of kids who grew up in religious households and see how healthy their faith is today. I'd bet on life support if not ready dead.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Which ICU was He in? Three days later up and walking after a Roman scourging and crucifixion? That might be a greater miracle than being resurrected by God!

He was in the Essene's ICU.

I've never denied that he may very well have had Divine help --- but you should know that. Spontaneous healing, coupled with knowledgable medical assistance. It happens even today. Seems logical it would have happened then, too.

Are you seriously unaware of all the different "seeming death" states from which people have, and still do, recover?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Passions and professions are two different things. I have a passion for cooking, but i'm not a Michelin 1 star chef.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join