It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think, therefore I AM

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I like this line of thinking.

What if our collective unconscious are the thoughts of god, the collective conscious is the mind of god, our souls are simply parts of his soul, and the universe is his body?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I came to realize a few years ago that the true addage should be "I Am, therefore I think"

I do believe that God is Infinite unbound consciousness, and that thought is all illusion.

I have experienced directly that thought is illusion fantasy and the thinker of thoughts does not exist

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Just an alternative view. What if they are not the same?

What if consciousness is from the "spirit of the world" and spiritual consciousness is from the "Spirit of God".

1 Corinthians 2:10-12

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Sure it's completely possible, good thought.

I believe that we all have a divine spark within us, and that it connects us all, and the totality of the divine spread amongst humanity is part of what we consider God. No proof, just how I feel based upon the conglomeration of religious knowledge bouncing around in my skull.

I also believe that Jesus was very real... just that he was a man who became a god, not God who became a man by recognizing his own divinity and believing in the threads of God that bind us.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think we all have a divine spark too, but I think it's what we do with that spark that matters.

We can nurture it to create a flame, or we can do nothing and watch it fizzle out.

I think we're witnessing a great fizzle in the world today!

If man's collective consciousness was worth a hoot, I don't think we'd be witnessing the downward spiral that we are today.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I think we all have a divine spark too, but I think it's what we do with that spark that matters.

We can nurture it to create a flame, or we can do nothing and watch it fizzle out.

If man's collective consciousness was worth a hoot, I don't think we'd be witnessing the downward spiral that we are today.

While the majority get flushed away in this downward spiral keep in mind that there are a few trailblazers that are excelling drastically in human development, consciousness and morality. Remember when you were a sperm? Millions of your brothers sisters died but you made it. Its not important that we all survive you see but that a few make it to the egg.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I absolutely agree. We're descending instead of ascending as collective conscious. If only we could all recognize the real strength of humanity......

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
While the majority get flushed away in this downward spiral keep in mind that there are a few trailblazers that are excelling drastically in human development, consciousness and morality. Remember when you were a sperm? Millions of your brothers sisters died but you made it. Its not important that we all survive you see but that a few make it to the egg.

How correct you are. I applaud every last one of them, they give me hope for the future of mankind.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

I absolutely agree. We're descending instead of ascending as collective conscious. If only we could all recognize the real strength of humanity......

That's just it. Where does the real strength in humanity come from?

It comes from that "divine spark" that we talked about earlier. When we choose to snuff out the spark, we lose our strength, because it was the only thing divine about us to begin with.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Nice analogy.

Spiritual development really does work like human development, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We are created in his image, supposedly. Even a spore from a mushroom, if given the chance, will become a new mushroom. And they will still be connected, and thrive together.

God, to me, is conscious energy, and we are energy given form and consciousness, energy from God and a tiny part of the consciousness of God. Together, we are part of God. And together, we can become like God.

And to do that is to share in the glory of unity. The glory of "God".

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Even a spore from a mushroom, if given the chance, will become a new mushroom. And they will still be connected, and thrive together.

So, in your mind, what constitutes "given the chance"?

Even in your statement, they will still only be connected if they survive in order to thrive together.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

If we are not self-aware, at least at a basic level, from birth...then why do we cry out from hunger, from pain, from discomfort?

To not be self-aware is to not know hunger or pain or discomfort.

As infants we possess a motor awareness but motor awareness is not "self" awareness. Babies don't fathom, "I Am." At a certain age in normal development we begin to recognize ourselves in the mirror but not from the beginning.

Your precious science says so. Logic says so. Reason says so.

Own up to the reality of Jesus and the faith of the martyrs already!

edit on 13-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Loving the mushroom analogy, I find it quite fitting.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

If we are not self-aware, at least at a basic level, from birth...then why do we cry out from hunger, from pain, from discomfort?

To not be self-aware is to not know hunger or pain or discomfort.

As infants we possess a motor awareness but motor awareness is not "self" awareness. Babies don't fathom, "I Am." At a certain age in normal development we begin to recognize ourselves in the mirror but not from the beginning.

Your precious science says so. Logic says so. Reason says so.

Own up to the reality of Jesus and the faith of the martyrs already!

edit on 13-7-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

It's your precious science as well....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This has been my stance on what 'god' is for quite some time. Is it just a coincidence that when you pray, you pray to yourself? I think not. If there was no consciousness then the idea of a god would never exist. God is a man -made concept, and that concept derived directly from humans being conscious of their surroundings and wondering how it all got here.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If there was no consciousness then the idea of a god would never exist. God is a man -made concept, and that concept derived directly from humans being conscious of their surroundings and wondering how it all got here.

Sure, we possess enough consciousness to wonder how it all got here, that doesn't mean we're capable of determining the answer.

Ecclesiastes 8:17

17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

This point has been made before: "Yet [men] cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end" (Ecc 3:11). "This was beyond me. Whatever wisdom may be, it is far off and most profound -- who can discover it?"

(Ecc 7:23,24). "We cannot find out the work of God in all its fullness -- not even with the scriptures to guide us." Ecclesiastes teaches us that the world is like this: essentially unfathomable and beyond man -- and hence frustrating and vain to him.

One cannot read Ecclesiastes and fail to come away with this impression. God has made the world like this deliberately so that we may realise the gulf between ourselves and Him, and so that we might seek after Him in order to understand and to have direction. We can go so far in understanding the world by our observations of it and by our experience, but we must remember that this is only 'so far' and not all the way. God's ways are ultimately inscrutable to human view. There will always be things that we cannot fully understand. And if we claim any different -- if we 'think to know it' -- we shall only be deceiving ourselves. for the Preacher tells us that we 'shall not be able to find it.'

This is because we are man and not God.

www.christadelphianbooks.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Tell me this, how do you describe consciousness? What makes it work? It can't be known because it is not something we can measure, it is not physical. Guess what is else is not measurable and cannot be fully understood? God. They are both the same thing in my opinion. Our brain is what makes the universe around us, everything we can see, touch, smell, taste, and hear is made within our brains, so in a sense we are the creators of the things around us, so why is it so farfetched to believe that we are gods?
edit on 13-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Allowed to thrive in any manner that is appropriate. And no, there isn't only one right way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes. Your intention is what prayer operates on. When you pray to God, you're praying to your higher consciousness, which controls your environment. But your will power is what drives it. Thought has power...and "God" is consciousness, thought that is active on some level. And look at the creative power that has shown us!

Look up the study of noetics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join