It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

What bug flies at 4100 ft?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Why do 'debunkers' arguments so often consist of everybody and their grandmother attempting to fraud or deceive people?
edit on 8-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

I have not attempted to fraud or deceive anyone.
I've stated facts.
Venus viewed through night vision will appear green.
How difficult is that to understand?

As far as the time lapse video, it's time lapse. Anything can be done between frames to set up any kind of illusion of objects moving. Examples of this can be seen in stop motion clay-mation, or dinosaur movies from the 1930s.
It's not cutting edge technology.
Insert anomalous dot in frame 1.
Move anomalous dot a little bit in frame 2.
etcetera.
Insert spooky music, and text overlays with conspicuous arrows making statements like "LOOK! IT'S a OMFG-UFO!"
How difficult is that to understand?

Originally posted by dayve

What bug flies at 4100 ft?

It could be a bug, or, see above.
There are ZERO reference points in that time-lapse video to verify any speculation or claims that the time-lapse video was taken at 41,000ft.

We're talking about TWO different videos here.
The OP video is the planet VENUS tinged in green from night vision along with an internal window reflection that creates the illusion of a smaller light moving due to hand-held camera movement seen through the cockpit window of an aircraft.

The second video is time-lapse, as described above, and could really be anything, but least likely anything out of the ordinary.

Any of you, however, that really enjoy letting people tell you to believe that something is something other that what it actually is, then, feel free to believe what you want. Maybe it's the Easter Bunny?
As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to look at the evidence, and point out the realistic, probable explanations.
If it gets your panties all knotted up, then print out a picture of my avatar and burn me in effigy if it makes you feel better.

Quit acting all booty hurt just because someone comes along with a reasonable and likely explanation that puts your favorite flying rainbow unicorn with sparkles belief to question.

If you're a good boy or girl, Santa Claus will bring you nice presents or the invisible man in the sky will let you walk around on streets of gold after you die.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by Druscilla
Originally posted by Darkstar12

What commercial flights use NVGs? To be honest you're trolling attitude is old and boring. I tried to offer some input obviously your intellect poisons a place like this. You obviously have all of the answers. Please try posting some positive solutions vs. trolling for arguments.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by Darkstar12 because: Had to fix some words so the douche could understand it

Trolling? No.
It would seem your interpretation of what you define as 'trolling' is any position that you personally disagree with, or one that puts you soundly in error.

"Pot your black too" Kettle's response.

You held that Venus is not green as basis of argument. You spoke from a position of implied authority in making statements about your supposed many thousands of hours of flying experience.
I have corrected your error.

You are wrong, it is not Venus because Venus doesn't move. You are either so full of yourself that you won't admit to what is so obvious because it's against your beliefs or your a disinformation agent.

I have corrected your error by pointing out that night vision was used whereby green tint is the norm.
I have corrected your error by stating fact, by which you have responded with juvenile histrionics claiming that I get these facts from playing video games.

You need to read, he said he spent more time flying then you do playing video games. Not that you get your facts from playing video games.

You attempted to speak from a position of authority which was in error, resulting in your loss of any legitimate credibility. Sure, your little feelings are hurt. You were wrong, and I pointed out that you were wrong.
I'm sorry that it frustrates you so much when someone else proves you wrong, but, fact of the matter is, Venus will indeed appear green when viewed through night vision.

Yes because you are someone of legitimate credibility. Reading your responses to so many posts really blows my mind and thus I've come to the conclusion that I stated above, refusing to believe the obvious when it goes against your beliefs or your a disinfo agent

That's not trolling.
That's fact.
Don't cry.

Once again you have been proved wrong and get all full of yourself and attempt to make others feel insuperior because you were wrong.

Any of you, however, that really enjoy letting people tell you to believe that something is something other that what it actually is, then, feel free to believe what you want. Maybe it's the Easter Bunny?
As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to look at the evidence, and point out the realistic, probable explanations.
That is right we do not believe you when you say that is anything other then the obvious craft that it is. You completely ignore the evidence.

How the F
is that a bug? Really now?!!!?

SO many people try to talk to you with logic and in a civil demeanor but you go nuts when anyone says something different to what you believe, even when they are right and you are wrong.

That's fact.
Don't Cry.
edit on 8-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

In 1957 we our ship tied up In Stavanger close to a sardine factory with a load of jet fighters used In the war of Korea for the air force of Norway. The Lockheed X-22A roams the world every day and they don't file flight plans.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Any of you, however, that really enjoy letting people tell you to believe that something is something other that what it actually is, then, feel free to believe what you want. Maybe it's the Easter Bunny? As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to look at the evidence, and point out the realistic, probable explanations. If it gets your panties all knotted up, then print out a picture of my avatar and burn me in effigy if it makes you feel better. Quit acting all booty hurt just because someone comes along with a reasonable and likely explanation that puts your favorite flying rainbow unicorn with sparkles belief to question. If you're a good boy or girl, Santa Claus will bring you nice presents or the invisible man in the sky will let you walk around on streets of gold after you die.

Now that was funny!!

Personally I believe this UFO to be real. It looks/feels and behaves real 'TO ME'. All posts here considered, how much evidence do you really need?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by symbolon

Personally I believe this UFO to be real. It looks/feels and behaves real 'TO ME'. All posts here considered, how much evidence do you really need?

I don't even know which light is supposed to be the UFO
As it stands now this is a curious video but not evidence of anything really. There's just not enough information available and I highly doubt any will surface. So unless strong evidence of fakery comes along this video will slowly fade into oblivion. Am I disillusioned with the UFO subject? A bit.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
I have no idea what it could be.

Why are we making a deal of this when they actually say on record that it's Venus?

With respect to those who think it is moving, we have no point of reference and can't tell. Druscilla was in fact right on the money with a solid, plausible, right on the money explanation.
Unfortunately it tends to be those who actually do 'deny ignorance' that get called debunkers, shills and disinfor agents - or whatever the resident paranoid minds can throw at them..

edit on 8-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
... Quit acting all booty hurt just because someone comes along with a reasonable and likely explanation that puts your favorite flying rainbow unicorn with sparkles belief to question.

If you're a good boy or girl, Santa Claus will bring you nice presents or the invisible man in the sky will let you walk around on streets of gold after you die.

Your attitude is so tiring, Druscilla.... Especially given that I've still seen nothing at all indicating that you're the least bit familiar with the history of or any of the important science regarding this topic.

Have you yet had time to read the Condon Report, or Special Report 14, or any of Hynek or McDonald's writings? Any thoughts on them? Doesn't a truly skeptical mind, one with such high regard for evidence and truth, wonder why the head of Project Blue Book would lie to Congress by testifying that there were NO UFO radar-visual cases which remained unexplained? (When there were in fact many good-data cases which remained, and still remain, unexplained.) And no vast conspiracy theories need be endorsed in order to find this fact troubling....

I've seen you pronounce on these very forums, Druscilla, that "knowledge is power", yet I've also seen no evidence that you're truly in search of knowledge. You spend much time dealing with the low-hanging fruit, that which is easily debunked, verbally bullying the more gullible, but you seem mysteriously absent once the tougher questions get asked.

So I wonder... do you believe mainstream U.S. science's 'distaste' for UFOs is a result of the Condon Report, or do you think that distaste actually predates the Condon Report? It's a fair question. Because given your antics and insults on this forum, members deserve to know how you're so sure the phenomenon is the equivalent of unicorns and rainbows and Santa Claus. Are your beliefs the result of rational and honest inquiry, or merely of ingrained cultural norms? What are your thoughts on the Condon Report?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

ATS is not your own private special interest club TeaAndStrumpets, everyone is entitled to their opinion and discuss these topics within the T&C. Instead of focusing on Druscilla why don't you turn your attention to the video in the OP? What can we do with it?

edit on 8/7/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Wow. That looks a lot like a planet. Just like my dog looks almost like a cat. It's got fur like one, and if you look at it from this angle...

Just kidding. Whoever says this is Venus: would a pilot get distracted by Venus? The planet shows up every night/morning, and they suddenly notice it? Nah, it's not that simple.

I'm not saying it's an extraterrestrial craft or whatever, I'm just saying there's a deeper explanation than "Oh, it's Venus".

You are right the deeper explanation is that the brighter light viewed in the video posted is our neighboring planet Venus as the co-pilot points out.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'm sorry as I have reread my statement, I realize I left out one very important word.

Why do 'debunkers' arguments so often consist of accusing everybody and their grandmother attempting to fraud or deceive people?

Read the bold for clarification...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
reply to post by Kandinsky

I totally agree, the light is obviously moving in comparison to the stars next to it.

Use your eyes for a second people, and then use your brain. Does Venus move back and forth across the sky in comparison to other stars/astronomical bodies?

Are you speaking of the brighter stationary light (Venus) or the dimmer light(most likely reflection from inside cockpit) that moves with the camera movement and zoom?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Venus.

It's bouncing around because the camera is bouncing and the plane is banking.
But it doesn't shoot around like UFOs do ...
I'm saying Venus. I know ... I know ... that's not what ya'll want to hear.
But thats' what I'm going with.

Venus for sure that's the object being zoomed on. The other object bouncing around - I could maybe buy that due to their "banking" or performing a turn that would cause us to see a stationary object to appear to be moving, but unless this plane is making severe turns left and right it wouldn't explain the object's movement. Given this is a commercial craft I wouldn't expect that the second object would change in perspective due to a turn or banking - those moves are generally made very gradually on commercial planes.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

In order to know if the brighter of the two lights is Venus, you'd have to know what time of year the video was taken. Sometimes Venus is the "morning" star, sometimes it's the "evening" star, but never both at the same time of year. When Venus is behind the sun, it's hidden from view entirely. So, Venus does NOT come up "every morning."

The guy didn't say it specifically WAS Venus. He mistakenly said, generally speaking, Venus comes up EVERY MORNING. Which is wrong.

tekapostarlight.co.nz...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

Yeah, its always Planet Venus. Every UFO ever spotted was Planet Venus, swamp gas, satellites or balloons.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Everyone seems to ignore the fact the brighter light passes from right to left of the dimmer light. If you're driving your car at night looking at the moon and a star is to the right of it, no matter how far you drive or which direction you turn, the star will always be to the right of the moon.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Sorry guys I'm new here , how cam i create a post?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

You are wrong, it is not Venus because Venus doesn't move. You are either so full of yourself that you won't admit to what is so obvious because it's against your beliefs or your a disinformation agent.

Handheld cameras pointed outside of an airplane cockpit window move and when the camera moves it can create the illusion of movement.
Ever watch Startrek when Enterprise or Voyager is attacked? Most of that shaking is not the prop stage the actors are working on, but the the camera-man intentionally shaking the camera to create the illusion of the spaceship under attack.

Camera movement can create the illusion of movement that is NOT taking place in real life.

You need to read, he said he spent more time flying then you do playing video games. Not that you get your facts from playing video games.

You're nit-picking. That user brought video games into the equation where no videos games were mentioned to begin with. Period.

Yes because you are someone of legitimate credibility. Reading your responses to so many posts really blows my mind and thus I've come to the conclusion that I stated above, refusing to believe the obvious when it goes against your beliefs or your a disinfo agent.

Oh yes, because you're such a mental juggernaut that your mind isn't easily blown by every planet, satellite, chinese lantern, or LED kite video that comes out and is labelled as being a UFO. uh-huh.

Disinfo agent? Really? You're playing THAT card? Are you really THAT desperate? Pathetic much?

Once again you have been proved wrong and get all full of yourself and attempt to make others feel insuperior because you were wrong.

Thing is, I have not been proven wrong. "Insuperior" is not a word.

How the F
is that a bug? Really now?!!!?

I presented a bug/insect as one possibility for the SECOND video. I further presented that the SECOND video is TIME-LAPSE, and the zig-zagging 'object' could thus be anything purposely inserted between frame snaps.
Further, even if the SECOND video was not time lapse, there's not reference for altitude other than what's claimed, so, it could be entirely feasible that the time-lapse video was filmed at ground level where lots of bugs can get in front of the camera.

SO many people try to talk to you with logic and in a civil demeanor but you go nuts when anyone says something different to what you believe, even when they are right and you are wrong.

Actually, it's usually quite the opposite. I present probable explanations that for whatever reason tend to make every little true believer princess pee their panties and throw fits to the point where they then respond with attempts at character assassination, as you seem to so ardently be trying to do with your oh so easily blown mind, that I feel the need to defend my position in turn.

Of course then, because most often I'm defending my position against uneducated people that barely have a grasp on what the word "Logic" means since they've usually never attended university to take those classes in philosophy, logic, reason, and statistics, I then get painted the villain by all the squishy brained little people.
Sigh.

I start out by framing probable explanations.

Most people say they hate lies, but, when presented with a truth that flies in the face of some fantasy, superstition, or belief they hold personally dear, those people then prefer to cling to their fantasies contrary to and in spite of all evidence of the truth.

Hang onto your lies, superstitions, fantasies and mythologies if you like. This is a public forum, and I will voice my opinion. If you're so fragile that your mind gets so easily blown and my opinion upsets you, then, I suggest you not read any of my opinions.

Cheers. No tears here, but, lots and lots of

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

I'm sorry as I have reread my statement, I realize I left out one very important word.

Why do 'debunkers' arguments so often consist of accusing everybody and their grandmother attempting to fraud or deceive people?

Read the bold for clarification...

Typically, because, in an inordinately large number of cases, that is indeed the case.
Look up Third Phase of the Moon on Youtube. Fraud. There's many others, and the perpetuation of fraud is in the majority.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join