It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Oh boy.
I bet you feel like you've put me in my place.

In reality, it's really quite sad, because your opinion of me has zero effect regarding anything I have said, or will say in the future.

Feel free to go back to whatever magical world you live in where you get to see aliens or whatever it is you've convinced yourself into believing you're seeing, and, I'll stand by and wait for something a little more concrete than fairy dust, or some ambiguous unverifiable light in the sky.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by cripmeister

The only difference with that story is it was one pilot who just woke up from a nappy nap. There are two pilots in this story and no disorientation.

One would imagine that in post 9/11 US ATC would keep close tabs on what aircraft are where no? I truly doubt that the traffic ATC was talking about had anything to do with the supposed UFO. I am still not sure what we are supposed to focus on in the OP, the bright light or the dim one that appears to move around

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by cripmeister

The only difference with that story is it was one pilot who just woke up from a nappy nap. There are two pilots in this story and no disorientation.

I truly doubt that the traffic ATC was talking about had anything to do with the supposed UFO.

Not sure what you mean. The ATC were advising a pilot on the radio the proximity of another flight. The conversation heard is not from the same flight the video was recorded

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Little bit of error creeping in...

yt
The aircraft reporting objects in front of him was flying east at 41,000 feet just northwest of Houston, Texas.

ATS
The pilot that was heard on the radio reporting bright objects in front of his aircraft was flying east at 41,000 feet somewhere northeast of Houston, Texas.

Lake Charles is about 25 miles from the Texas border and is about 134 east of Houston.

That's one bright light for both to see it.

Someone has stated to ATC is talking to the Houston plane and ATC mentions 3 miles.

Which plane is told to turn to 200 degrees? Turning the east plane SW does seem to make sense but if it is the westbound then to object must be near it, not the Houston plane.

Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

What about Ronald Reagan though? He, a President, along with several others saw UFO's or 'strange lights' in the sky that they could't make sense of. The only reason that I disagree with the second video being faked, is because I have seen NASA videos of objects move just like that in space.
edit on 8-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Any ideas?

My initial feeling was that ShadoXAV cooked up this video using Flight Simulator X and added a hodge-podge of radio communication snippets to it that sort of fit. The communications feel somewhat disjointed in my opinion. An HD version could have ruled out Flight Simulator X but the "co-pilot" doesn't wish for it to be released which is conspicuous I think. I am not ready to go all in on this idea just yet though.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

What about Ronald Reagan though? He, a President, along with several others saw UFO's or 'strange lights' in the sky that they could't make sense of. The only reason that I disagree with the second video being faked, is because I have seen NASA videos of objects move just like that in space.
edit on 8-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Most of those NASA videos are just ice particles that true believers will get all foamy at the mouth about.

Just because I'm a skeptic and feel this thread topic is just another fine example of misidentification gone wild, like so many many other cases where police chased the moon of all things thinking it was a UFO, and other examples, doesn't mean that every single case is a result of observational error, or hoaxing.

In other words, SOMETHING is going on. That something might be 1 or 3 or a dozen different things that create this UFO phenomenon.
It could be aliens, or a natural as of yet known phenomenon, or an undiscovered species of interdimensional jellyfish, Ball lightning, secret government aircraft, mass hysteria, people from inside hollow earth, unicorns with sparkles, or any nuber of different things, as well as possibly all of them where all of them seem to be the same but occur for different reasons.

Believing first and asking question later, if ever at all, however, is the worst possible approach.

Statistically, most sightings and reports of UFO activity are either misidentification of something well known, just not to the observer reporting it, or outright hoax/deception, or a combination of them where someone might fly an LED kite as a hoax, and other people that know nothing about the hoax think it's a legitimate spaceship or something.

Less likely, though they do occur, sightings and experiences of genuinely puzzling events will happen.
What this something is that causes these puzzling events is yet to be seen.
Some people call them UFOs.
Other more spooky people will talk about angels or demons, and other such mythical connections.

Whatever the case, something is going on. In the case of this thread, however, we have yet another instance of some light in the sky that people are making way too much noise about like their lives depended on every little self affirming ratification of their near religious fervor that we are not alone.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The UFO-ers are saying that this took place at around 10:30-11:00 PM?

Has this been verified? CAN it be reliably verified? (i.e. not just asking some guy over the internet and trusting what he tells you as the truth.)

If not, then...yeah. It's morning.

Why would flight control say "comes up every morning" if it were in the middle of the night? That wouldn't even make a bit of sense. You guys realize this, yes?

Venus.
Morning.
Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well it's good to see that you admit there is indeed something going on. You recognize that there is at least a small portion of events that are genuine, and for that I acquiesce.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Most of those NASA videos are just ice particles that true believers will get all foamy at the mouth about.

Not all. There are a couple in mind that don't fit that description. Not getting off topic about it but I think you know which two...

Believing first and asking question later, if ever at all, however, is the worst possible approach.

Many of us don't use that approach, including myself. Yet, when we bring up difficult questions, they get ignored. What is a "true believer" btw?

Statistically, most sightings and reports of UFO activity are either misidentification of something well known, just not to the observer reporting it, or outright hoax/deception, or a combination of them where someone might fly an LED kite as a hoax, and other people that know nothing about the hoax think it's a legitimate spaceship or something.

No argument there.

Whatever the case, something is going on. In the case of this thread, however, we have yet another instance of some light in the sky that people are making way too much noise about like their lives depended on every little self affirming ratification of their near religious fervor that we are not alone.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

No one has been able to explain the few seconds at :27.

Sorry, not my argument but I just wanted to speak up. Carry on

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissonantOne

Has this been verified? CAN it be reliably verified? (i.e. not just asking some guy over the internet and trusting what he tells you as the truth.)

No and no.

Why would flight control say "comes up every morning" if it were in the middle of the night?

Doesn't make sense I agree. The whole radio thing sounds disjointed if you ask me, like the "Wow" it sounds very cut and paste. Possible a cooked video to get view count up on an otherwise pretty dead youtube channel.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
ShadoXAV just removed the video from his channel...

edit on 8/7/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The video shows an object he captured on video during a night time flight from Texas to Florida and back.

Since the plane is westbound, it would be the return trip. Seems like that would be later than 11:00PM.

So maybe the time was added later in an attempt to make the Venus sighting not apply. Also the added info places the object between two planes headed toward each other with one traveling west.

Could be damage control.

Of course first person knowledge will not be available.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Video uploader, Upset or busted.

Pick one or both.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Looked pretty genuine to me, has it really been taken down?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure why he would take it down. It's just a misidentification and pretty normal. He has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of here.

He should have left it up in order to allow others to reference what it is, as an example of a misidentification. It would be very useful.
edit on 8-7-2012 by DissonantOne because: added the last bit there

edit on 8-7-2012 by DissonantOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Dear Venus,

For the thousandth time already ... could you tone it down just a little bit?

You've got people in the next orbit over convinced that you're some alien spaceship invasion force ... again.

Yeah, it's a joke you never get tired of, but, some of us think it's gotten a little worn. Granted, yes, it is indeed a little amusing how gullible and soft headed some are to fall for it, but, please, could you put it hold for awhile?

Thanks,
From the people that know you are a planet and what you look like in the sky, where and when.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Was that even called for?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

The government just removed the video from his channel...

Fixed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"Video removed by User"

Splendid. Looks like MIB got to him.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join