It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Whatever. trust me I have more NVG time than you have in video games. Being judgmental and downplaying my background sounds like you have an inferiority complex.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8

Originally posted by FlySolo
Camera movement would cause both lights to move in unison with each other, not cause one to pass in front of the other. Right?

This is being filmed inside a cockpit. The faint light could be a reflection from inside the cockpit onto the curved windshield. That would expain the strange trajectory.

I already mentioned both lights disappear behind the cloud

I looked at it again and the only thing that could resemble both objects behind a cloud is at the end. To me, that's either the camera zooming out with both objects slowly losing focus until you can't see either or 2 objects that actually go behind a cloud. The 2 objects still being stationary and the camera is moving/focusing.

You guys need to start at a grounded explaination first and not right to: "oh it's definitely a UFO". After you can explain away any known realistic reason, then think otherwise. These "objects" are clearly following the focus and path of the camera operator. Look again at the large object in the beginning being zoomed in on. As it reaches the closest point in which it can be focused on, it stops moving and so does the smaller one.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Wow. That looks a lot like a planet. Just like my dog looks almost like a cat. It's got fur like one, and if you look at it from this angle...

Just kidding. Whoever says this is Venus: would a pilot get distracted by Venus? The planet shows up every night/morning, and they suddenly notice it? Nah, it's not that simple.

I'm not saying it's an extraterrestrial craft or whatever, I'm just saying there's a deeper explanation than "Oh, it's Venus".

It happens frequently...

Venus continued to attract attention as a “UFO” throughout the period of my study. The witness in case 519 likened it to “Magnesium burning.” In case 890 and 896, the witnesses said Venus and Jupiter (close together) “became so bright that you could hardly look at them” and “they hurt your eyes to look at them” (for two and one half hours). My favorite comment, however, was provided by the FAA at Detroit Metropolitan Airport: “Do you know how many times we have cleared Venus to land?

Suddenly, over the intercom our right rear gunner yells, "Jap fighter with a powerful spotlight diving on us, one o'clock high!" I look up and see the brilliant light of the diving fighter, just as we had been told about at the briefing. To escape, I push the B-29's nose down, diving and turning to the left. Then right. Now climb. Turn left. Right. Level out. I look up and see another fighter with its brilliant spotlight diving at us. Awaiting the bullets, I cringe and again dive, turn, turn, climb, level out. I look and see another fighter. No, wait. That light doesn't move. Then, finally it dawns on me. The atmospheric conditions were such that they created a layer of air which acted like a huge lens and magnified the light from the planet Venus. Over the intercom, I explain to the crew what the light really was and how the power of suggestion had fooled me.

A pilot, with 4,000 hours of flying time, attempted to intercept the UFO with his Cessna. On the ground the policemen saw the aircraft fly past the UFO several times. When they directed the pilot towards the UFO, the pilot attempted to pursue it. From the ground, it appeared that the pilot flew under the UFO and ignored it. However, in the air the pilot was following the UFO. To him, it appeared to move away when he attempted to pursue it and then came back when he turned away.

Venus: The queen of UFOs

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Just all kinds of smacked you in the face...I wanna hear the 'debunked' excuse for this one..
edit on 7-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

It's a remote-controlled flare. Obviously.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know we're ass backwards when pilots don't even know what natural objects in the sky are..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting.
I don't think a planet or star would disappear all of a sudden like that.

So many UFO videos, but it seems as if like most of them are filmed with a camera as technologically advanced as a potato.

I still believe though.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Youtube guys says the plane was headed NW (roughly 315 degrees) and the object was headed east.

Pilot 1,2? : ..object's up in front of us

Pilot 1,2? : ..got him in sight.

Pilot 1,2? : ..you got a report at four one oh

A/T Control : ..you may see traffic out there ahead of you - 10 o'clock at about three miles....zero six zero roll out heading two zero now, turn left heading two zero....

It seems like ATC is giving the object position of 3 miles out at 60 degrees (ENE). Is the 060 not a bearing but something else?

Turning left to 020 degrees would be done if the plane was headed east of 20 degrees and also would be away from the eastern path of the object.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8

I looked at it again and the only thing that could resemble both objects behind a cloud is at the end. To me, that's either the camera zooming out with both objects slowly losing focus until you can't see either or 2 objects that actually go behind a cloud. The 2 objects still being stationary and the camera is moving/focusing.

Yes, the camera is zooming out but I believe there are clouds because at 1:14 "Venus" is already gone before the star seen here:

Why would the dimmer light remain the longest?

You guys need to start at a grounded explaination first and not right to: "oh it's definitely a UFO". After you can explain away any known realistic reason, then think otherwise. These "objects" are clearly following the focus and path of the camera operator. Look again at the large object in the beginning being zoomed in on. As it reaches the closest point in which it can be focused on, it stops moving and so does the smaller one.

I assume "you guys" is referring to me as well no doubt. I never claimed it was a flying saucer, just pointing out the things I am noticing about this clip and what people have to say about it. At :27 seconds it travels in front of the light which means it is closer and what appears to be clouds obscuring the lights ruling out reflection.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I found this to be very interesting footage. I think the apparently rapid movement of the small object after which, the larger light 'flares' again (at 0:56 seconds), and then the final disappearance of both of the objects puts it in a category of high interest for me. Venus does not rapidly move away or 'fade into black' like these objects do.

I'm admittedly not an expert at aerial phenomenon, nor am I a pilot or other "trained observer," so with that caveat, I think this one deserves very careful review, and not "auto-debunking." (Can I coin-that?? ;-)

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've been watching Venus every morning this past week.

If it is Venus, two hours before dawn until an hour or so after dawn is when it's most visible for me, and Jupiter is always above it as of late. I can't watch the video, but if there's a visible star above it and slightly to the right, then it's most definitely Venus. Not sure if that would be visible in this video.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The stars near Venus would be different depending on the time of the year. A date and time for the video would have been a good resource.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The phraseology and ATC stuff sounds authentic (20 years retired air traffic control). I guess they could fake it but why? I think there's more of these events than made public. Maybe this is a younger pilot (co-pilot) not being stifled by the corporate morales. Hopefully we will start seeing more of this. I can you this, no pilot in his/her 50's is going to come out and say they are seeing strange things in the sky. It's pretty well understood that they will NOT be flying for long. They just seem to know it and are not willing to throw away all there training and desire to fly just report "strange" lights in the sky. They will not do it. So even if they see something pretty compelling, they are not likely to speak about it. As far as bringing a tape recorder into the flight deck. I would suspect that if that's not already stopped, it will be shortly. Pilots do not need to be "filming" while they are supposed to be flying people to their destination, at least that's what the direction will be.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I totally agree, the light is obviously moving in comparison to the stars next to it.

Use your eyes for a second people, and then use your brain. Does Venus move back and forth across the sky in comparison to other stars/astronomical bodies?

reply to post by Perhaps

This suggests that not only was the object observed by one, possibly two seperate air crews, it also indicates that it showed up on radar for Air Traffic Control to be able to issue an approximate distance and direction of the object.

Interesting idea. It seems your right. The youtube user posted this comment:

There are actually 2 aircraft involved. The plane recording the video is flying northwest at 38,000 feet, on the higher definition video, you can see the altimeter instrument reads 38,060 feet and a the direction of flight instrument shows a north west direction. The aircraft, heard on the radio, reporting objects in front of there aircraft is at 41,000 feet traveling east.

edit on 7-7-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta second reply, edit to add quote

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am sorry to disapoint, but being a Telescope user for quite a few years the UFO thing in that movie is Saturn, since May 2012 it has been apart from the moon the brightest object in the sky, and if you look at the video you can see the rings of Saturn that tilt slightly lower on one side, sorry guys it is no ufo in that film the Heli see in the night time video, as for that day time video of that thing moving from right to left etc at speed that could have been a model plane, a moden fighter at distance, or one of the proper UFOs people are seeing all over the world at this time.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If the plane was flying NW, then an object at 10 o'clock would be generally west, which could be near Venus within a few hours of sunset.

But then a left turn to 020 degrees doesn't seem to make sense.

Edit:

Just seems the ATC sounds like the plane is headed East, the YT poster says it was NW.
edit on 7/7/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Youtube guys says the plane was headed NW (roughly 315 degrees) and the object was headed east.

Pilot 1,2? : ..object's up in front of us

Pilot 1,2? : ..got him in sight.

Pilot 1,2? : ..you got a report at four one oh

A/T Control : ..you may see traffic out there ahead of you - 10 o'clock at about three miles....zero six zero roll out heading two zero now, turn left heading two zero....

It seems like ATC is giving the object position of 3 miles out at 60 degrees (ENE). Is the 060 not a bearing but something else?

Turning left to 020 degrees would be done if the plane was headed east of 20 degrees and also would be away from the eastern path of the object.

2nd aircraft"Thirt seven, ya (sic) got a report at four one oh?

ATC"You may see traffic out there ahead of ya(sic)."

Flight 37"Ten O'clock and about three miles"

ATC "zero six rollout two zero zero now, turn left heading two zero zero "

06 is an aircraft being instructed to turn left to a SW heading of 200 degrees.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You can clearly see two objects, the star-like object that looks to be bouncing around/changing shape and the dimmer circular one which is quite evidently Venus.

edit on 7/7/2012 by diamount because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

OK that would make sense.

i was reading this 'transcript'

"heading two zero now, turn left heading two zero...." from and earlier post.

So that was wrong...I interpreted two zero as 20.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Well the OP video has all the typical flaws we tend to see on youtube lights in the distance to much zoom and autofocus be used which distorts the shape as can be seen when he zooms in as for the video you linked to above.

High alititude ufo the IDIOT that filmed that cannot tell what altitude the object is because he has NO reference for size, he doesn't know the size of the object or its distance so cannot work out it's height

That could be a small object near to tha camera just as easily as an object far away!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join