It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ok I'm thinking the video is about that small object not the large possible Venus object. One aircraft receives a call to turn 200...almost NE. There is a United flight 4720 from Regan intl to Cleveland an almost direct heading of 200. So facing Venus very possible. Just watching the reaction comes when the small light moves.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
interesting but inconclusive. a couple of close-ups from the vid;

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by add alone
Since when does Venus move around in the sky like that?

That's a terrible conclusion by posters who should know better.

ETA: It would be nice to get a date and time of the event for further investigation
edit on 7-7-2012 by add alone because: (no reason given)

The apparent movement seems to caused by the camera movement and camera zoom.

And one of the reasons I came to the conclusion that it COULD be Venus is that the co-pilot in the video said it was Venus. I'm not saying the co-pilot was definitely right to say it is Venus, but if it was really shooting around the sky (rather than just appearing to move due to camera motion), then I don't think the co-pilot would have thought it was Venus.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
Venus.....no, it is in the daylight now, men
cool

Venus is currently visible in the pre-dawn sky before sunrise, while the sky is still dark.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Maybe they light up to look like stars at night. Or maybe they do it so cameras can get a clear image of the actual ship, only the light coming off and the shape.

Anyway, I think this is a great video, even if it was Venus.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by add alone
Since when does Venus move around in the sky like that?

That's a terrible conclusion by posters who should know better.

ETA: It would be nice to get a date and time of the event for further investigation
edit on 7-7-2012 by add alone because: (no reason given)

The apparent movement seems to caused by the camera movement and camera zoom.

Camera movement would cause both lights to move in unison with each other, not cause one to pass in front of the other. Right?

And one of the reasons I came to the conclusion that it COULD be Venus is that the co-pilot in the video said it was Venus.

He said that with an intonation at the end so to me it sounds more like a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Camera movement would cause both lights to move in unison with each other, not cause one to pass in front of the other. Right?

This is being filmed inside a cockpit. The faint light could be a reflection from inside the cockpit onto the curved windshield. That would expain the strange trajectory.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh Kumawn people! You know an experienced ex military pilot either saw Venus or that he recorded some chinese lanterns or lens flare on the infrared cam! There are NO such other beings in the universe ...only us humans and our fictional speculation or hopes that we are not just the only ones in the entire universe! LoL!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8

Originally posted by FlySolo

This is being filmed inside a cockpit. The faint light could be a reflection from inside the cockpit onto the curved windshield. That would expain the strange trajectory.

I already mentioned both lights disappear behind the cloud

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I see you covered the bases.....could be anything really wish this was in day time then we could have some great video footage but this is same as usual....next....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkstar12
One aircraft receives a call to turn 200...almost NE.

200 is SW.

I do agree, the object is most likely Venus.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower
reply to post by elevenaugust

After reading other peoples comments I'm confused. I thought the craft was the big bright light that appeared, moved down to the left diagonally, then appeared to get closer because it got brighter and stopped, pulsed and then went back up to its previous spot, sat for a while and then shot away. The dimmer smaller one looked like it was stationary and probably Venus. Plus the camera guy was focusing more on the brighter light not the dimmer small one.

Yea thats what I thought too..... Idk what these people are talking about, the bright thing moved around and disappeared. The one behind it is venus.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Having seen Venus through a night vision lens, I have to say that they almost look identical. There's little doubt in my mind that they are viewing the planet Venus.

I recall pointing out the planet to my friends one evening who have never identified it before, in the early morning. They were so enthralled about the objects brightness that I remained silent while they passed ideas of what it was between each other. First I heard it was a bright star, then one said it was a plane approaching head-on, and the first then mentioned "UFO!" At that I chuckled. He swore it moved, you see. When I told them what they were looking at and showed it to them on my Ipad star chart app, their jaws dropped. It was amusing.

So, yes it is a UFO afterall -- Unbelievably Far-away Object.

edit on 7-7-2012 by DissonantOne because: "while" not "why"

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
What I always wonder is why do these craft have lights on, either they want to be seen or they don't and I am sure they do not need it for flight safety purposes like we use them for. So the question begs, if they want to be seen then why not just come right out and do it. Otherwise why would any advanced alien craft have a light on so it can be identified. Thats why I can never believe these reports where they video a light in the sky.

I believe that these craft have no lights. What you're seeing here (if this is indeed an extraterrestrial craft) is some kind of ionization of the air around the craft due to it's propulsion system. I am very skeptical of any UFO reports that mention "flashing lights" for exactly the reason you stated.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Seems credible, lots of information in the video to look at, seems a genuine video, no rash claims, good witnesses but still sadly just a light in the sky.

I would say it is not the planet Venus though, when you watch the video you can see it moving in relation to the stars behind it ruling out it being a planet or a star.

it could be another aircraft, but I doubt 2 experienced pilots would be excited to see another aircraft, they obviously felt it was something very unusual otherwise they wouldn't of bothered to video it or to release it.

I doubt we can determine what it is, so remains a UFO as in the sense it is unidentified. Good video though

Or it could be some other natural exotic phenomenon that may behave as an object in motion that the pilots may not be aware of due to not being trained observers, such behavior is classic of swamp gas. However, the planet venus explanation seems to be the most plausible here. Definitely not a UFO.

Lemme see here...

U - Is it unidentified? Check."Venus" might seem "plausible" but that doesn't make it identified as such.
F - Is if flying? Check.
O - Is it an object? Check.

I might state that it's probably swamp gas coming out of a rock formation being carried by a weather balloon at 41,000 feet, but that still doesn't make it identified as such unless I can provide evidence.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkstar12
If Venus can glow green please start posting videos of it.

Venus can glow green if you look at it through night vision.

As I understand it, this video was recorded using night vision.

Night vision = Green Venus.

No video proof needed.

These thousands of hours of flight time you claim seem not to be helping you in that regard. If you're claiming to be a pilot, with those thousands of hours of flight time, ie; a trained infallible observer, then, it's fairly certain that you've just proven that so called trained infallible observers, pilots, are indeed quite fallible and prone to misidentification if you're susceptible to such errors in judgement regarding coloration of a light when viewed through green tinted night vision.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Venus.

It's bouncing around because the camera is bouncing and the plane is banking.
But it doesn't shoot around like UFOs do ...
I'm saying Venus. I know ... I know ... that's not what ya'll want to hear.
But thats' what I'm going with.

Which of the two lights is Venus?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When a pilot says Oh WoW......its alot different than a non pilot saying Oh WoW.

That should help

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Wow. That looks a lot like a planet. Just like my dog looks almost like a cat. It's got fur like one, and if you look at it from this angle...

Just kidding. Whoever says this is Venus: would a pilot get distracted by Venus? The planet shows up every night/morning, and they suddenly notice it? Nah, it's not that simple.

I'm not saying it's an extraterrestrial craft or whatever, I'm just saying there's a deeper explanation than "Oh, it's Venus".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeloss1111
Oh Kumawn people! You know an experienced ex military pilot either saw Venus or that he recorded some chinese lanterns or lens flare on the infrared cam! There are NO such other beings in the universe ...only us humans and our fictional speculation or hopes that we are not just the only ones in the entire universe! LoL!

... and let's not forget that the universe is only 6,000 years old. Not according to me though, but what do I know?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join