It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen at 41000 feet recorded by copilot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
You can clearly see two objects, the star-like object that looks to be bouncing around/changing shape and the dimmer circular one which is quite evidently Venus.

The brighter object is stationary, the dimmer object is most likely a light source from the recording device being reflected off the inside of the aircraft canopy.

There are lots of similar videos claiming mundane reflections to be extraordinary events..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not having read, every freaking post. That was awesome! If it was fake, they have a great future in film, or m.i.c.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Druscilla

Just all kinds of smacked you in the face...I wanna hear the 'debunked' excuse for this one..
edit on 7-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

I don't know what that video portrays. I don't see how it smacks me in the face any kind of way whatsoever considering it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP video. Your video has zero relevance to the OP video. Defensive much?
Come back and try again when you can talk about the OP video.

In regard to that video, however, since you want to hear what I have to say about it, I think it's highly probable that the zig-zagging 'object' is a bug/insect, and that your video is not indeed taken at high altitude as is claimed, since there are no reference points to verify if it was taken at altitude or ground level, but, probably shot at ground level with camera technique of time lapse used to create the illusion of linear progress through the sky.
Additionally, the video is time-lapse, so, unless you believe that clay-mation videos are real, the 'pbject' could be anything, including a speck on a pane of glass put in front of the camera and moved deliberately with each stop motion gap.
The video is also altered with spooky music, so, there's anyone's guess as to how else it may have been altered.
You, however, are certainly free to hold onto whatever illusions you like to believe in.

Originally posted by Darkstar12

Whatever. trust me I have more NVG time than you have in video games. Being judgmental and downplaying my background sounds like you have an inferiority complex.

You're over defensive reaction that mentions an enormous assumption that I even play video games leads me to suspect you're the one with the video game delusion since my points were made on the sole basis of information you volunteered about your alleged experience in comparison to the facts detailed in the OP video.
I suggest you switch to decaf.
I'd expect fair, impartial, trained, infallible observers to be above such irrational assumptions as you've made about me, which further leads me to feel your claimed flight time flies more on hot air than than propellers and wings.

I say it again. Night Vision = Green tint. You're the one in error. Prove me wrong.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

What commercial flights use NVGs? To be honest you're trolling attitude is old and boring. I tried to offer some input obviously your intellect poisons a place like this. You obviously have all of the answers. Please try posting some positive solutions vs. trolling for arguments.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Darkstar12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2012 by Darkstar12 because: Had to fix some words so the douche could understand it

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What commercial flights use NVGs? To be honest you're trolling attitude is old and boring. I tried to offer some input obviously your intellect poisons a place like this. You obviously have all of the answers. Please try posting some positive solutions vs. trolling for arguments.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Darkstar12 because: Had to fix some words so the douche could understand it

From the youtube description of the video...

At the start of the video he is recording the city lights below,using the night vision setting on his camera

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The pilots want to remain unknown for professional reasons so don't ask me the names, dates, or aircraft information. This is real...

What was really just said was, "No evidence...it's real.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great find OP

The ATC audio backs up the fact that they can see an object 3 miles ahead and directs the pilot to change course

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Doesn't look like Venus to me. The object was green, and took it off like a UFO. One of the better UFO shots I've seen, nice find

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting but inconclusive. a couple of close-ups from the vid;

Basically.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I assume "you guys" is referring to me as well no doubt. I never claimed it was a flying saucer, just pointing out the things I am noticing about this clip and what people have to say about it. At :27 seconds it travels in front of the light which means it is closer and what appears to be clouds obscuring the lights ruling out reflection.

No, the comment wasn't directly to you. Just members in general. After reading many UFO threads on this site, I see a lot of people immediately jump on the *It's a UFO* bandwagon without beginning from a realistic perspective.

Originally posted by ambient moon
Doesn't look like Venus to me. The object was green, and took it off like a UFO. One of the better UFO shots I've seen, nice find

If you notice from the beginning, everything in the video is green. It's the camera, not the object.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
What I always wonder is why do these craft have lights on, either they want to be seen or they don't and I am sure they do not need it for flight safety purposes like we use them for. So the question begs, if they want to be seen then why not just come right out and do it. Otherwise why would any advanced alien craft have a light on so it can be identified. Thats why I can never believe these reports where they video a light in the sky.

I make this same argument. Someone refused to debate me and resorted to personal attacks because there is no logical explanation for that.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Trolling? No.
It would seem your interpretation of what you define as 'trolling' is any position that you personally disagree with, or one that puts you soundly in error.

You held that Venus is not green as basis of argument. You spoke from a position of implied authority in making statements about your supposed many thousands of hours of flying experience.
I have corrected your error.
I have corrected your error by pointing out that night vision was used whereby green tint is the norm.
I have corrected your error by stating fact, by which you have responded with juvenile histrionics claiming that I get these facts from playing video games.

You attempted to speak from a position of authority which was in error, resulting in your loss of any legitimate credibility. Sure, your little feelings are hurt. You were wrong, and I pointed out that you were wrong.
I'm sorry that it frustrates you so much when someone else proves you wrong, but, fact of the matter is, Venus will indeed appear green when viewed through night vision.

That's not trolling.
That's fact.
Don't cry.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

No worries. So let's try and take on a few key points before we move forward. Why the illusion of it traversing the smaller light? I know when zooming, objects tend to appear to move in relation to others, but they never completely cross past them.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
the pilot says "planet venus comes up every morning"...
nuff said really.

except it doesn't. Many times it's completely invisible because of its proximity to the photon stream we receive from the sun.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think the pilots are trolling. The light is a reflection of a light in the cockpit. Notice the green glare, the same green color as the plane's dashboard gauges, at 0:44.
edit on 7-7-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
the pilot says "planet venus comes up every morning"...
nuff said really.

except it doesn't. Many times it's completely invisible because of its proximity to the photon stream we receive from the sun.

It is currently rising well before dawn. This is 3:30AM at 40,000 ft. over the gulf coast...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes, that is how a real video of most crafts would turn out, orb like light covering saucer or whatever it is, triangle for example, or shuttle shape.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting but inconclusive. a couple of close-ups from the vid;

Basically.

2nd line

What that guy said!

Sadly without the location of the plane at time and without the audio being verified as legit then you can't really come to a conclusion
sadly the gut feeling i have after watching is that it is not a Alien UFO and I hate when a UFO video leaves me feeling like that I lose faith on the theory that Aliens do visit earth..... I want to believe.

ETA: reply to post by Druscilla

wow i have not seen a good troll beheading in quite awhile lol goodjob druscilla
edit on 8-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Why do 'debunkers' arguments so often consist of everybody and their grandmother attempting to fraud or deceive people?
edit on 8-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It's a failed russian missle launch guys, thats all it is.

lol.

spooky video although since its shine doesnt actually shimmer or glisten, i would have to say that it is venus, or maybe an iridium flare from a satalitte and they just happened to be on the same trajectory as the satalitte making it seem like it was in the atmostphere when it actually isnt?

I dont know, spit balling, gotta do with the reasonable explanations first and explain those away.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join