It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by denver22

I know you are right...

Thanks.

Yes the discworld society do tend to think to far outside the box , to much thinking
About fantasy at times.These charlatans have a grip on too many people these days .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

No matter how we look at them,we are never able to see anywhere near the many billions of stars that supposedly are out there all around us all the time and so stars must have their own selective light shining capabilities and the stars decide amongst themselves which ones light reaches us and which ones light doesnt...

no there is no such thing as stars,,,,, what you think is a star is really the size of an orange,,,, and its really pretty close,,, it actually is the fruit, an orange,,,,,, it looks shiny because we are moving 100 feet per hour through space..... it also gives off no heat or energy,,,,, on this earth,,, which is flat like you state,,,,,, this earth is covered every micro inch with alien elves,,, which hold heaters to warm the earth,,,,,,, the only hundred of stars you think you see in the night sky is actually our hearts,,,,,,, each persons heart is connected via an invisible fiber optics wire to one of those shiny stars in the sky,,, and it downloads all of our experience,,,, and when we die we are transfered to that star,,,,, and then with all our experience and ability and memory and skill to draw from from our past life,,,, we get to upload some flat planes around our star,,,, and create petri dishs of realms,,,, or farms,,,,, for our imagination to be trapped,, contained and confused in,,,,,,

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMav
i think the only thing that may back up your claim is it that ive never known us send a probe to investigate real close to the sun. we always seem to go the other way.

really though mate, this is something an 8 year old kid would think.

Do the following words and their meanings really sound like they're emanating from the mind of an eight year old?

This threads headline,my opening post and other relevant comments may have answered just about all of the profound,age old mysteries of humanity,the perplexing questions that we have asked for so long about this life and death,the earth,sun and moon and the universe around us...

Unfortunately though,in a very disturbing and extremely frightening way...

But then for what reason are we allowed to play with our toys,while living and dying upon the surface of this massive petri dish?

Omg,no,this just cant be true,but it might be,is it for the cultivation of our immortal souls that we are unknowingly growning within these bodies of temporary flesh,souls that are harvested and procured by vastly superior aliens whenever death eventually arrives?

A truly horrifying explanation for what genocide and war are really all about and why we are here...

A brutal realization about the malevolence of whoever or whatevers running this earthly show...

A dire and impending warning that our world leaders past and present are more than well aware about whats really going on...

Tptb are implicitly involved with keeping the malevolent aliens illusion alive within our misled minds...

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

link   

No matter how we look at them,we are never able to see anywhere near the many billions of stars that supposedly are out there .

Try keppler buddy boy

link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Blocula should receive the ATS "TIN FOIL HAT"-award. In a way he is the perfect picture of a traditional ATS conspiracy cook, producing the most laughable theories, on zero evidence but his own gut feeling or a simple Youtube video made by strange ppl with no credibility at all LOL LOL

His type is quite rare and should be treasured as a collectable.. I for one always have a good time reading his hilarious posts. It is a break from the real tough world out there that is going to hell faster than you can say holy #, thanx to good ol´greed, stupidity and other forms of human ignorance.
edit on 1-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well I'm in 2 minds as to whether or not they actually believe what they say or whether they just do it for a laugh... I'm probably going with the latter.

I would say also that what they say is no more ridiculous than what religious organizations spout on a regular basis. I find both of them pretty amusing.

If people believe them it is their own choice i suppose.

I also do not think that mainstream science has everything right, I do believe they have the ability to be wrong so i like to keep an openish mind and i do like to toss around possibilities in my head.

link   

No matter how we look at them,we are never able to see anywhere near the many billions of stars that supposedly are out there all around us all the time and so stars must have their own selective light shining capabilities and the stars decide amongst themselves which ones light reaches us and which ones light doesnt...

I realize that you've already dismissed diffusion of light with a wave of the hand, however that is the answer to your question. A silly question for you, do you not believe the intensity of light diminishes over distance? You could prove this to yourself, no PTB necessary.

link   

Originally posted by golemina

I was talking about the hedonistic version of 'pagan' worship.

Well mrs right your wrong as we are not talking about pagan worship
The thread is about

"The sun is much smaller and a lot closer than we are lead to believe"

Put that in your pipe and smoke it since you keep going on about pipes.

link   
OMG the grass is much bigger and further away than tptb lead us to believe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by blocula

Earth may be used by the dark side that way, but we are not owned by anyone.
Surely we are not alone,we might not be at the top of earths food chain and we may not be the true dominant species of earths biosphere...

A strange and bizarre symbiosis indeed...

Humanity is not even a class 1 civilization yet,one that is able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire planet and we may never become one if we keep trying to kill eachother off with genocide and war and our greed driven seperations...

A class 2 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire solar system,as well as other fantastic technological innovations...

A class 3 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire galaxy,as well as many other wonderous abilities,like creating our rain,wind and snow and some of their astounding inventions may reside somewhere far beyond our comprehension and light years away from our ability to understand...

Like ants,moths and birds hopelessly trying to comprehend what a SR 71 Blackbird really is,what its actually doing,never able to realize what its really for,who or what created it and who or what is flying it...

So any benevolent or malevolent class 2 civilization,or most likely,a class 3 alien civilization,would be able to fabricate our reality and they would know how to keep us thinking and believing in their intentionally projected three dimensional illusion we call outer space...

They would be gods...

You could disconnect from this reality, but to do that would require a leap of faith, literally, emphasis on "LEAP", like off a building or a bridge.

I took acid once, that got me disconnected for a while, I miss that stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Yes sceince is not perfect i agree there however the tests one can do oneself
gives us a starting bloc such as science classes etc.

Good post keep it up mee30.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMav
i think the only thing that may back up your claim is it that ive never known us send a probe to investigate real close to the sun. we always seem to go the other way.

really though mate, this is something an 8 year old kid would think.

Do the following words and their meanings really sound like they're emanating from the mind of an eight year old?

This threads headline,my opening post and other relavant comments may have answered just about all of the profound,age old mysteries of humanity,the perplexing questions that we have asked for so long about this life and death,the earth,sun and moon and the universe around us...

Unfortunately though,in a very disturbing and extremely frightening way...

But then for what reason are we allowed to play with our toys,while living and dying upon the surface of this massive petri dish?

Omg,no,this just cant be true,but it might be,is it for the cultivation of our immortal souls that we are unknowingly growning within these bodies of temporary flesh,souls that are harvested and procured by vastly superior aliens whenever death eventually arrives?

A truly horrifying explanation for what genocide and war are really all about and why we are here...

A brutal realization about the malevolence of whoever or whatevers running this earthly show...

A dire and impending warning that our world leaders past and present are more than well aware about whats really going on...

Tptb are implicitly involved with keeping the malevolent aliens illusion alive within our misled minds...

if that is true what can/are you going to do about it?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I ain't answering it i promised the moods to be good.

This threads headline,my opening post and other relavant comments may have answered just about all of the profound,age old mysteries of humanity

No the world isn't flat bloc.

What sc-fi book was that from ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yes but there are all sorts of facets to science, or perhaps things are labeled as science when they are not? Like climate science for instance... There have been many mistakes made within medical science too. For instance cigarettes were once prescribed as a method to calm the nerves. Doctors were advertising them and such but obviously the long term effects could not be known until a long time had past. Obviously then all the bad side effects came to light.

I do think also that science can be bought and paid for...

There is another issue too, it is not possible for the average joe to replicate most scientific tests as we do not all have billions in the banks and a science labs under our house. So quite a lot of what we believe is merely believed due to faith in the scientific community. The scientific community doesn't always have a consensus even though it is portrayed that way within the mainstream.

Also when scientist do go against the mainstream they are belittled and ridiculed as a quack and then they have their funding removed. Which obviously would put pressure on them to keep their mouths shut if they disagree.

Thanks I'll try.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wow don't know where to start with this one. As far as the OP, great take on an old Star Trek episode and a really fun read when it comes to your "logic". Heck a few thousand years ago a couple of pretty smart people not only figured out the size of the earth with a couple of sticks placed in the sand, but they also knew how far away the sun was. MATH IS AWESOME IN THE CORRECT HANDS.

Unfortunately you are correct in part.

We do live in a bubble, it's called the universe. And if you are a "Big Bang" follower then you have to admit that no matter where you are... at any point in time you are at the center. Everything came from the beginning. Expansion has been proven to be universal, can provide the links if necessary but for the point of this thread I believe it a waste of time. We are in a sphere, but at this point in time we have no where near the tech to know our exact position. We truly are traveling space and time on this sphere, but it's it's all relative, thank you to Mr. Einstein. Pretty smart guy that learned from giants that came before him.
edit on 1-7-2012 by burning_need because: Forgot to add

edit on 1-7-2012 by burning_need because: .

edit on 1-7-2012 by burning_need because: Wow I really need to learn how to edit, not here that often:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Believe what you want, enjoy reading what you want. There is nothing wrong with asking for some evidence or any kind of reason for this. If you've spent any time on here with bloc then you should understand how frustrating it is to have all reasonable questions either ignored or replied to with drivel and bunk.

I don't think you understand that the best answers come out when you are all emotionally hyped.

Read this thread in retrospect and you will see that the big dogs came out with some truth to lay down.
They put it in plain undeniable terms.

Blocula threads do that. The premise begins with something you believe to be false,
and eventually the full answer is revealed in pieces from different members.

This endeavour wasn't pointless.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Just beyond the holographic illusion we call outer space,the three dimensional curtain of stars thats intentionally wrapped around our world and malevolently induced within our minds,thats most likely being projected into our visible spectrum from within another dimension,exists the real world...

where the earth may be hoovering suspended within the science laboratory of super advanced aliens from a class-3 civilization and when seen from their vastly different than our size pespectives,the earth might really only be a thousand feet across and the sun might really only be about fifty feet across,but when seen from our much smaller in comparison to them points of view,the earth and sun appear to be much larger...

how would we ever really know? whos flown to the sun and seen it with their own eyes? no one...

Eff it, I'm in.

We exist in a reality that we see as a 3D space-time matrix, the explicate. This 3D 'world' originates or emanates from another unseen existence (implicate) of unknown but presumably more or less physical dimensions, as quantum particle phenomena.

Consciousness is the underlying motivator(lack of a better word) of what comes out of the implicate order, expressed as the explicate(3D reality).

It's a different kind of 'Mind' than were capable of really grasping cause of its scope but because of this Consciousness everything is the way it is. The mind of God. We're all living in the Mind of God.

God really is an 'alien'(non-human) from another 'dimension'(heaven/hell), manifesting this 3D reality through Mind/Consciousness. Or even better the mind of God/Alien is manifest as the 3D world, because the Mind originated in a higher dimension. Like a cross-section breakdown. (A cross-section of 4-D would look 3-D, so on)

What the Alien wants is to reproduce. In that dimension there are no others to reproduce with, none exist, It is the first to attain that level of Mind. So he attempting to 'grow' more like him.

That's why were trapped in this 3D simulation, to prove weather or not were worthy or even capable of attaining the level of Mind necessary. If we are we'll grow to be more like him, more connected to Its dimension when we are in this one. if we aren't our vibration will be cancelled by one that could be. Become the Alien or die.

Till then were trapped in this 3D simulation, but here in this simulation, i can go out side and see Millions of stars with the naked eye in the right places, and the Sun can be measured.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Many say it is more likely that we live in a simulation than it would be for us not too? You Sir, are not alone!
www.simulation-argument.com...

The simulation argument was set forth in a paper published in 2003. A draft of that paper had previously been circulated for a couple of years.

The argument shows that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a “posthuman” stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

The argument has attracted a considerable amount of attention, among scientists and philosophers as well as in the media.

References:

N. Bostrom, “Are You Living in a Computer Simulation?” Philosophical Quarterly, 2003, Vol. 53, No. 211, pp. 243-255. URL: www.simulation-argument.com...

N. Bostrom & M. Kulczycki, “A Patch for the Simulation Argument” Analysis, 2011, Vol. 71, No.1, pp. 54-61. URL: www.simulation-argument.com...

You should also see the dual slit experiment?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30 So quite a lot of what we believe is merely believed due to faith in the scientific community.
You yourself can prove the earth is not flat without
billions of dollars. All people have to do is to go to the bottom of their garden and grab to sticks
I dont suppose nature will mind you borrowing them etc.

This method is simultaneously measuring the length of the shadows cast by identical poles perpendicular to a flat surface that is tangential to the earth's radius at various, distant locations. If indeed the earth is round, then the shadows should all vary in length from one distant location to another, which means that the angle at which the parallel rays of sunlight struck each stick varied from one location to another. (recall the alternate-angles theorem from Geometry class) If the earth is flat, then the lengths of all the shadows should be identical when measured simultaneously, since all rays of sunlight that strike the earth are parallel. However, they are not identical, but in fact, varies in such a way that the angles indicate a spherical surface. (This was one of the earliest methods to determine the radius of the earth)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Believe what you want, enjoy reading what you want. There is nothing wrong with asking for some evidence or any kind of reason for this. If you've spent any time on here with bloc then you should understand how frustrating it is to have all reasonable questions either ignored or replied to with drivel and bunk.

I don't think you understand that the best answers come out when you are all emotionally hyped.

Read this thread in retrospect and you will see that the big dogs came out with some truth to lay down.
They put it in plain undeniable terms.

Blocula threads do that. The premise begins with something you believe to be false,
and eventually the full answer is revealed in pieces from different members.

This endeavour wasn't pointless.

Why was this directed to me? I don't really care if you think this isn't pointless, it IS senseless, at least with regards to anything bloc has presented.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join