It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Of course, it all makes sense now! The world isn't flat, it's convex! Which means... GASP!... Kurmaraja is real! Praise be to the World Turtle, who's convex shell supports the convex disc of the Earth!

So, the world's not flat, it's convex. You can't just follow that bit of logic a step further, and realize that a convex shape, which we can circumnavigate, might not just be... well, spheroidal?

Genius.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

No probs... Fancy dealing with what I said now though regarding the science?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Different generations of people throughout human history are born to live within and made to adhere to whatever belief structures that are enforced by tptb who happen to be ruling and controlling them at the time and so about 500 years ago the world was proclaimed by many as being flat,now 500 years later its proclaimed by the majority as being round,whats it going to be proclaimed as being in another 500 years,geodesic? hexagonal? diamond?

Congratulations blocula....you win the prize for the singular, most stupid post in the history of the world wide web.

Regardless of the forum you have posted this nonsense on, that one post sums you up in a nut shell......mad as a box of frogs!

Stop with your fascination of "tptb" and use some common sense man!

The world is not flat, hexagonal, diamond or any other shape you care to think of....it is round.....deal with it!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Believe what you want, enjoy reading what you want. There is nothing wrong with asking for some evidence or any kind of reason for this. If you've spent any time on here with bloc then you should understand how frustrating it is to have all reasonable questions either ignored or replied to with drivel and bunk.

I don't think you understand that the best answers come out when you are all emotionally hyped.

Read this thread in retrospect and you will see that the big dogs came out with some truth to lay down.
They put it in plain undeniable terms.

Blocula threads do that. The premise begins with something you believe to be false,
and eventually the full answer is revealed in pieces from different members.

This endeavour wasn't pointless.

Why was this directed to me? I don't really care if you think this isn't pointless, it IS senseless, at least with regards to anything bloc has presented.

bloc presents something 'senseless' in your eyes, and others come in and fill the void.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

I'm sorry... That is just smoking the crack pipe of Circular Logic. Put the pipe down...

Comments like this toward another poster is not on.
Talking like that will get you into trouble.
Talking of sign launguage, the only sign your gonna see soon is ban sign .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

"Lets go outside and look up at all the thousands of stars"

"Okay lets go"

"Wow they sure are beautiful up there,just look at them all"

"Yes they are,but,i thought there were billions of them?"

"Thats what i was told to think as well"

"Well,where are they?"

"I dont know?"

"Stars must have the astounding ability to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach earth and be seen and which ones light will not reach earth and not be seen"

"Otherwise we should be seeing billions of stars all the time"

"Not just a select few"

"That is,if they're really out there"

"Maybe they're an intentionally projected illusion,like the little glow in the dark stars we use to stick up on our bedroom ceiling?"

"Maybe they are like that in some bizarre,almost incomprehensible way"

"Just enough of them up there to keep the super advanced aliens projected holographic illusion alive in our minds"

"Thats a mind bendingly profound and extremely frightening thought"

Yes it is,but theres no denying the possibility that it might be true"

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It won't do much.

Golemina doesn't actually know the first thing about what they're discussing.

This was evident from the very beginning, when I asked about one of their purported claims, and was met not with an explanation, but with rhetoric and dodged-answers.

Golemina is trolling this thread.

~ Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Blocula ... you seem to be going out of your way to avoid answering my very SIMPLE question.
I asked it on page3 and I asked it again on page 13.

Now, I'm asking it for a 3rd time.

Hey blocula,

All the way back on page 3 I asked you a very SIMPLE question ... which I will repeat now:

Ok, you state the sun is much smaller and a lot closer.
Let's for the sake of discussion assume that you're correct in your belief ... then I'm sure you will be able to specify EXACTLY the size of the sun and it's EXACT distance from earth. Also name your sources.

If you're going to make up these sort of threads, then at least have the "cahunas" to back up your claims with hard data.

Edit: Just occurred to me that using your "logic", we could just as readily state that the sun is much BIGGER and much FURTHER away.

Don't make me have to keep asking it

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Would they really ban someone for using a metaphor?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Or alternatively you could do 30 seconds research into the question and come up with Obler's Paradox or Obler's paradox rather than inventing a simplistic explaination and then assuming it is proof of nonsense.

If you wanted to that is....
edit on 1-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by InLightTend

Thanx for posting that beautiful image and how many stars are seen within it? 2,000? 5,000? maybe 10,000? well then where are the remaining billions of stars? which would and should be illuminating the night sky like day,that is,if they're really out there...

how would they be illuminating when there millions of miles away? how far away can you see with a flash light?

hush with it... i played ball and you missed it:

Originally posted by InLightTend

Eff it, I'm in.

We exist in a reality that we see as a 3D space-time matrix, the explicate. This 3D 'world' originates or emanates from another unseen existence (implicate) of unknown but presumably more or less physical dimensions, as quantum particle phenomena.

Consciousness is the underlying motivator(lack of a better word) of what comes out of the implicate order, expressed as the explicate(3D reality).

It's a different kind of 'Mind' than were capable of really grasping cause of its scope but because of this Consciousness everything is the way it is. The mind of God. We're all living in the Mind of God.

God really is an 'alien'(non-human) from another 'dimension'(heaven/hell), manifesting this 3D reality through Mind/Consciousness. Or even better the mind of God/Alien is manifest as the 3D world, because the Mind originated in a higher dimension. Like a cross-section breakdown. (A cross-section of 4-D would look 3-D, so on)

What the Alien wants is to reproduce. In that dimension there are no others to reproduce with, none exist, It is the first to attain that level of Mind. So he attempting to 'grow' more like him.

That's why were trapped in this 3D simulation, to prove weather or not were worthy or even capable of attaining the level of Mind necessary. If we are we'll grow to be more like him, more connected to Its dimension when we are in this one. if we aren't our vibration will be cancelled by one that could be. Become the Alien or die.

Till then were trapped in this 3D simulation, but here in this simulation, i can go out side and see Millions of stars with the naked eye in the right places, and the Sun can be measured.

link   
reply to post by yourmaker

bloc presents something 'senseless' in your eyes, and others come in and fill the void.

No one has filled the void left by bloc dodging questions relevant to the topic HE presented.

link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

You still believe that the Big Bang was an explosion. I don't even need to do anything, because this belief is incorrect, and paints the entirety of your opinion. When you come to understand the Big Bang, maybe we'll talk. Until then, you just keep believing it was a magic explosion which made the current Universe as-is. Have fun in your ignorance, I hear if you cover yourself in it, it keeps you cool on hot summer days.

The definitions of Pagan include:

1. [noun] A person holding religious beliefs of those other than the main world religions.
2. [noun] An irreligious hedonistic person.
3. [adjective] Of or relating to such people, or their beliefs: "a pagan god."

Do you know what "irreligious" means? It is one who has no religious affiliation, emotion, or connection. So yeah, if the Big Bang were pleasurable, and brought self-gratification then I could see it being pagan. It doesn't though. So it's not. Wrong again, golemina.

As for your use of clouds, they're gaseous constructs, not heavy matter like bricks. I keep looking, and looking, for you to say something intelligent. I think I'll be old and gray before the first speck of sense comes into your mind though.

As before, have fun wallowing in the slop of your own ignorance. I'm glad people with as limited an understanding of... everything... like you aren't in charge of our world. We'd probably still be using leeches to cure illness, performing exorcism on schizophrenics, cleaning open wounds with dirty rags, and washing 6 family members in the same dirty water.

~ Wandering Scribe

I just love it when someone who obviously KNOWS so much more than little ole me wants to school me.

Once you drain all of the ad hominem ('Jane, you ignorant slut! ) from you post...

We are left with pretty much...

So you're saying the 'Big Bang' was NOT an explosion.

Some kind of circular rhetorical argument about pagans, hedons and irreligion... Oh my!

What are you trying to hide?

At the end of the day, despite all of your endless posturing, you can't get away from...

Your precious Big Bang theory is just another creationist myth.

You're apparently a follower of the dogmatic religion called 'Science'.

Apparently, you are able to bring ZERO actually evidence to the table in support of BBT.

You speak very quickly and apparently want to not respond to anything about those a few omissions of the basic tenets of Science...

And me and the clouds are having a good chuckle...

'gaseous constructs'...

I guess apparently our plasma charged friends didn't get the 'memo'?

What's funny is you have absolutely NO PERCEPTION exactly how incompatible your views are with each other... My aether quoting threadmate.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The earth might not be flat,but more like a slightly curved convex disc and its apparent roundness that we perceive,may be the result of atmospheric anomalies,optical mirages, magnified illusions and intentionally projected holograms.

Now you are just being a clown!.....but that was always your intention wasn't it?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

~ Scribe
Well she sure picked the wrong thread to do it in lol.
Her theorys are about as flat bloc's discworld .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Can i answer this one for him? lol

Well his reason for thinking that the sun is closer is because of the heat he feels off it, he says it must be closer because of the heat. And as it is closer then it must be smaller, since if it was the same size as described to us then it would appear larger in the sky.

So no you could not say it was further away using his logic as then he wouldn't feel that the sun is too hot to be that far away.

Does this help?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It won't do much.

Golemina doesn't actually know the first thing about what they're discussing.

This was evident from the very beginning, when I asked about one of their purported claims, and was met not with an explanation, but with rhetoric and dodged-answers.

~ Scribe

If you had bothered to read even a portion of this thread...

You might have noticed that there are several instances of my questioning the physics and astronomy basis of the positions of those representing the 'Science' camp.

You keep making claims to have a SUPERIOR understanding of the physics and astronomy...

But seem unable to actually produce it.

And now you're crying troll.

Tsk. Tsk.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by sputniksteve

"Lets go outside and look up at all the thousands of stars"

"Okay lets go"

"Wow they sure are beautiful up there,just look at them all"

"Yes they are,but,i thought there were billions of them?"

"Thats what i was told to think as well"

"Well,where are they?"

"I dont know?"

"Stars must have the astounding ability to decide amongst themselves which ones light will reach earth and be seen and which ones light will not reach earth and not be seen"

"Otherwise we should be seeing billions of stars all the time"

"Not just a select few"

"That is,if they're really out there"

"Maybe they're an intentionally projected illusion,like the little glow in the dark stars we use to stick up on our bedroom ceiling?"

"Maybe they are like that in some bizarre,almost incomprehensible way"

"Just enough of them up there to keep the super advanced aliens projected holographic illusion alive in our minds"

"Thats a mind bendingly profound and extremely frightening thought"

Yes it is,but theres no denying the possibility that it might be true"

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Well bloc, you've done it. You've changed my mind. I didn't believe anything could have the density of the singularity of a black hole. I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Can i just say i think your posts have been highly entertaining... In a good way that is

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

And me and the clouds are having a good chuckle...
Well you get your head out of your clouds and stop going on about pagan
worshipping. Stop eating whatever shrooms you are eating and behave like a good little girl
And respect people by not posting about drugs on this site as it is a TC violation.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join