It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by InLightTend

Thanx for posting that beautiful image and how many stars are seen within it? 2,000? 5,000? maybe 10,000? well then where are the remaining billions of stars? which would and should be illuminating the night sky like day,that is,if they're really out there...

Maybe you should actually count them instead of guessing. I think you are dramatically under speculating. Also just because a star exists, doesn't mean that it has to be visible in our night sky. It seems you don't even have the tiniest grasp of the vastness of space or the distances involved. I have a hard time believing you are this uneducated in these matters, it seems to be elementary type stuff. I am not trying to insult you I am just amazed at your inability to comprehend the most basic concepts.

Unless you are just asking questions for fun.

Also "posting in a Bloc thread"

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Its wasn't the blond it was the OP, research based on experience, lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by tauristercus

Its says what do you really know? NOTHING! An expert in these matters is not unlike a priest!

And a reply containing absolutely zero information content ... may as well have come straight out of a cheap (and bad tasting) fortune cookie.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by InLightTend

Thanx for posting that beautiful image and how many stars are seen within it? 2,000? 5,000? maybe 10,000? well then where are the remaining billions of stars? which would and should be illuminating the night sky like day,that is,if they're really out there...

Bloc dont tell me you sat there and counted them mate .

link   
reply to post by blocula

So you're online blocula .... here's your opportunity to answer my question from a few posts back.

link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Its says what do you really know? NOTHING! An expert in these matters is not unlike a priest!

And a reply containing absolutely zero information content ... may as well have come straight out of a cheap (and bad tasting) fortune cookie.

How does your mind wrap around things like this?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by old_god

I was having a bit of fun with you but you went on to prove my point even more!

you certainly do have a no it all attitude and a very patronizing one at that... I mean come on now! Im 31 not 12 mate, couldn't even be bothered to read past the 4th or 5th line!

I read it all, I always ready everything, I am OCD like that. An apologies for my patronising ways, I am English and as you can tell I enjoy my Ice Cream, it tastes nice.

I am a little blunt at times, but sometimes you have to explain things to people in a simple way. There was nothing patronising about my post imo, all I did was try to explain what makes an expert an expert.

Certainly not me by a long shot, I fell out of school with learning difficulties and suffered from academic poverty for a long time due to my Apergers Syndrome (which wasn't identified at an early age back then) however I taught myself the right way, or what is accepted as the right way, and managed to pull life around.

Assumptions are dangerous when they have no foundation to support them, much like this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by blocula

Yes certainly paradigms have changed throughout history... I do wonder what might be around the corner... For this reason it is good to think outside the box a little.. Btw did anyone read my first comment about the sun losing mass? I didn't get a reply from it but wonder what you guys think about what i said... Including you bloc...
Do you remember what page you posted it on?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by golemina

Enough attacking mentioning things like pipes, that is a bit bellow the belt
Man woman child whoever you are..

There is no polite way to answer other than...

Huh?

Help a brother out... Use sign language or something?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Dude you are preaching to the choir here man, I'm not a flat earther!

I was simply talking about science in general then you said I could get some sticks and such (going back to the flat earth thing), then I challenged the SCIENCE not the concept that the earth is round. And then you are back to flat earth again. You're leaving me a little puzzled

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

You still believe that the Big Bang was an explosion. I don't even need to do anything, because this belief is incorrect, and paints the entirety of your opinion. When you come to understand the Big Bang, maybe we'll talk. Until then, you just keep believing it was a magic explosion which made the current Universe as-is. Have fun in your ignorance, I hear if you cover yourself in it, it keeps you cool on hot summer days.

The definitions of Pagan include:

1. [noun] A person holding religious beliefs of those other than the main world religions.
2. [noun] An irreligious hedonistic person.
3. [adjective] Of or relating to such people, or their beliefs: "a pagan god."

Do you know what "irreligious" means? It is one who has no religious affiliation, emotion, or connection. So yeah, if the Big Bang were pleasurable, and brought self-gratification then I could see it being pagan. It doesn't though. So it's not. Wrong again, golemina.

As for your use of clouds, they're gaseous constructs, not heavy matter like bricks. I keep looking, and looking, for you to say something intelligent. I think I'll be old and gray before the first speck of sense comes into your mind though.

As before, have fun wallowing in the slop of your own ignorance. I'm glad people with as limited an understanding of... everything... like you aren't in charge of our world. We'd probably still be using leeches to cure illness, performing exorcism on schizophrenics, cleaning open wounds with dirty rags, and washing 6 family members in the same dirty water.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

It flat out doesn't wrap around that. It is too busy trying to comprehend astronomical units and this stupid thing we call space.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by blocula

Explain how the horizon has an arched appearance, if the whole world is flat, and just falls off into empty space on the sides. Also, we can see the shadow of the Earth on the moon, giving it the monthly lunar rotation. So, yeah, no. You're wrong.

~ Wandering Scribe
The earth might not be flat,but more like a slightly curved convex disc and its apparent roundness that we perceive,may be the result of atmospheric anomalies,optical mirages, magnified illusions and intentionally projected holograms...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

How does your mind wrap around things like this?

My mind doesn't need to "wrap around" it at all, thanks.

Are you even sure what the original premise of this thread was all about ? Seems you have lost track of the subject material and gone off on a tangent of your own for some reason.
As a reminder, the OP states that we're being lied to about the "actual" size/distance of the sun.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

You have got me wrong, I did not read YOUR comment past the 4th or 5th line because you were teaching me how to suck eggs... I'm well aware of what an expert is, I don't much like the term though to be honest. It is an appeal to authority, experts have quite often been wrong or unscrupulous. Just because a so called expert says something does not mean I believe it.

Do you think a mechanic has never lied about someones car to get more money? Experts can not be trusted 100% as you seem to put across. That is my point old chap.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, not for the stuff about the sun, but for this part :

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small,but i dont believe we really are...

Something,or someone,wants humanity to think theres no way for us to get away,with nowhere else for us to go,but i dont believe its really true...

Visualize the functions and understand the reasons for those little heat lights that so many of us hang up high inside our home made terrariums,shining down to keep our little pets illuminated and warm,as they live and die totally oblivious within,never realizing they exist in a fabricated reality...

Those unnerving questions and comparisons will open our eyes and minds to the truth about what the sun actually is,what its really doing and what its really for...

Perhaps this will be too profoundly disturbing for a lot of people to try and comprehend and so ridiculing and denying the possibility will be easier for them to live with,but i think its the brutal truth and the possibility of it actually being true is very real and should not be ignored...

"The earth is a farm,we are someone elses property" Charles Fort 1874-1932

"Theres a terrible lot of lies going about the world and the worst of it is,half of them are true" Winston Churchill 1874-1965

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools,shown in the media,or proclaimed by the church and state.Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance,taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality,a collective dream in which values are inverted,lies are taken as truth and tyranny is accepted as security.They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"...Thomas Cox

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by blocula

Explain how the horizon has an arched appearance, if the whole world is flat, and just falls off into empty space on the sides. Also, we can see the shadow of the Earth on the moon, giving it the monthly lunar rotation. So, yeah, no. You're wrong.

~ Wandering Scribe
The earth might not be flat,but more like a slightly curved convex disc and the roundness that we perceive,may be the result of atmospheric anomalies,optical mirages,magnified illusions and intentionally projected holograms...

So you understand atmospheric anomalies, optical mirages, magnified illusions but you can't comprehend how you can't see billions of stars at a time?

Wow I missed something. Did this turn into a flat earth thread as well? Bloc did you add that to your repertoire?
edit on 7/1/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

My apologies mee30 peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My guess is that you sometimes drink too much or take too much of something, because the majority of your posts are just rambling pish-posh with no actual proof, links, or anything else of substance. I'm thinking that maybe you just like flags and stars etc. by producing outrageous claims.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, page 9 fella... If anyone else fancies reading it and getting back to me that would be great too.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join