It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians can (& should) believe in aliens without losing their faith..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

OP. My apologies if I offended you. It was most certainly not my intention to do so. Because of your thread title, I was only trying to bring the flip side of the coin into the picture. I have had many a go round with fundamentalists who refused to accept the idea that ET could exist, and that many verses in scripture may point to that very possibility. The arguments I got were similar to the very arguments I threw at you. Some of these folks have tunnel vision, and can only repeat what they've been taught. All aliens are demons.

In response to this I would only state that as a christian some of us feel we have good reason to believe that Aliens (which I mentioned above I happen to believe exist) could very well be used as a deception in the last days.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

I think all of us, not just Christians, should be aware of this possibility. Project Bluebeam was and is an actual government plan. They may never use it. But they didn't dream it up just for fun either. So yes, I would agree there.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It is a definite possibility, you cant trust the PTB at all. LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Textreply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I SO appreciate this thread~! S&F~!

Wow~! Excellent thread and excellent research of finding the scriptures; even though most of them maybe out of context, but, due to the subject. it's hard NOT to see your point about the 'gods of heavenly realms' ~!

Here’s my conclusion of this matter and I completely agree with you on your point about ‘ET=demons’

Fight the good fight of faith - and don't assume that ET is our enemy/ a demon. But be aware that some of them are!

Due to some close encounters I’ve had in the past once even as a child, I’ve come to the conclusion that you have stated in the above quote! As much as I questioned my Heavenly Father over this subject, there was never a definite ‘yes or no’ when I asked him if there was another race that He had created on/in a distant planet.

However, the thought I got which was last year after 20+ years of asking/mediating, was kind of 2 ‘pronged’. (As the saying goes, be careful what you ask for) which was;

What if, ET’s were just like the different kinds of species of animals here on earth; so why couldn’t there be the races of the universe?

That was an answer I could live with, and still do to this day because I realized I couldn’t come up with one single thought of why there COULDN”T be another race. I’ve NEVER found in scripture that states human beings are the ONLY race God ever created.

As we see in Genesis, there were already ‘gods’ attempting to pollute God’s DNA with their own and God did NOT want it to happen but, given human beings the will to choose or make decisions without God micro-managing their every thought/action, humans were deceived ‘tricked’ again into accepting something that was appealing to their senses and knowledge (they were in wonder and astonishment, except for Noah and his family)

Not trying to detract but, I believe it’s relevant to your subject thread. Onward. I deeply enjoy your encouragement of Romans 8:38-39 (New Living Translation)

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

How does the above effect my belief in God? It doesn’t, because I know that something supernatural happened to me 30+years ago that was so spontaneous that God wanted to make sure that whatever happened in my life, God wanted me to know that His one action 30 years ago would keep the knowledge I have of Him even through the darkest times in my life and for all the dark times in the future~!

If ET’s landed and announced their arrival, I wouldn’t be overwhelmed nor loose my faith in God only because I know God knows who they are and what their up to and will still be with me regardless... Even to the end of the Age.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The cosmos IMO are empty. Part of a material universe built by the Creator who exists separate from the material. And was meant for us to explore and populate only thru his guidance. And thru a relationship with him. An honor that Satan and his horde saw to we lost. But God still loves his creation. And wants to bestow that honor upon us again, thru those who will choose to love and obey him. Which in my simple mind ? Seems perfectly reasonable.
and seems to be and fit exactly to what we see happening all around us every single day.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand it either. I mean hell, I'm in construction.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The cosmos IMO are empty. Part of a material universe built by the Creator who exists separate from the material. And was meant for us to explore and populate only thru his guidance. And thru a relationship with him. An honor that Satan and his horde saw to we lost. But God still loves his creation. And wants to bestow that honor upon us again, thru those who will choose to love and obey him. Which in my simple mind ? Seems perfectly reasonable.
and seems to be and fit exactly to what we see happening all around us every single day.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand it either. I mean hell, I'm in construction.

I guess the issue for me is this. I dont KNOW that other species are in the universe, but it does not effect my faith at all if they do.
For example, I dont know what Moses had for lunch on his 6th birthday, as the Scriptures don't tell me. I figure its not mentioned cause its not relevant to what Christ did for the world and Gods plan for us.To be honest I just dont think that Alien life is relevant enough to make it in the books so to speak LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think soon there will be Aliens or contact that will result in Aliens proclaiming they are our creators (which may or may not be true). Perhaps they are our progenitors and tinkered with our DNA to help us evolve into Humans. This will beg me to question what then created them?

The Mormons have a belief that God (The Creator) is a physical being and lives on a Planet named Kolob, when pressed to answer what created him the answer would be another God an so and so forth.

To me this makes no sense there is a High God one who sits above all other creators (we are creators too as we give life to our offspring think about that for a moment). But one being who started all this fun that to me is “GOD” and this sort of revelation will not bend my faith a bit.

But then I have already reconciled the age of Earth, the Universe, Humanity and Evolution as being very scientifically brilliant facts created by Almighty and Amazing God. A being not placed in a tiny box defined by a physical world with an assigned gender role, nor is angry and vengeful. A being who doesn’t deceive us by pulling magic perfectly formed rabbits (or any other creature for that matter) out of a hat!

No this Ultimate creator designed and built ALL beings and things to work, form and evolve for ours and Gods delight in harmony with nature to be perceived in how we were created in God’s image by our beautiful minds…

edit on 29-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I figure its not mentioned cause its not relevant to what Christ did for the world and Gods plan for us.To be honest I just dont think that Alien life is relevant enough to make it in the books so to speak L

I would agree with you if not for one simple fact. This whole alien facade that is being produced thru the media ? Is definitely a form of worship of the old time pagan gods. It is something for man to believe in and be deceived by.
You can't ignore that my good man. We were deceived in the garden. all thru history and the worlds that came before, right up to this very moment. It will continue as the short time gets even shorter. those of us who can see all this will have the greatest testimony to Gods righteousness. and would never disobey him thru any fault.
This is our proving ground. This is our life in the hear and now.
edit on 29-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OP… Prometheus was a HUGE New Age/NWO/Mystery Religion #stain. You need to do some research of the symbolism in that movie. If anything it condemns christianity. See the bigger picture. If you are new to the esoteric nature of the elites it behooves you to understand what they are truly saying especially since you are a recent christian. Do not fall for their propaganda.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I am going to S@F you because there does need to be more thoughtful threads devoted to Religion and ET. The discussion is important for disclosure, there can be little chance as long as those in control of the truth think that specifically Christians would be destroyed by the discovery.

Although Spirituality is the main focus in my life, religiosity is not. However I respect every sentient being for their faith and their personal path.

The Christians I know think all ET are demons...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Most every Christian I know believes they exist and none of them have ever felt it contradicts what they believe...

Christians can believe that there is no conflict in their belief systems all they want. Doesn't make it true. The fact remains is that it is incongruous to balance both belief systems based on what the bible says, and more importantly doesn't say.

What it does say is that the world is made in this way, the universe was made in that way, man was made this way and is the center of creation. How does far superior beings fit into that? Only through rationlizations and flagrant ignorance of their own sacred book do they come to the conclusion they can happily co-exist.

Since the bible doesn't say anything (apart from some ppl interpreting vague texts as evidence) it can be argued they never where considered. If God deliberately omissed such important information than that is tantamount to lying because superior intelligence is a whopper of a reality to keep man in the dark about.
edit on 29-6-2012 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
God is perfectly entitled to be obscure about topics that might engender harm or confusion.

In your opinion. Also the vague texts can also be interpreted differently. See Klassified rebuttals to the versus presented as evidence.

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
The people to whom the original text was revealed were simply not ready, scientifically, to comprehend the vastness of the cosmos, its structure or its full complement of inhabitants.

As I mentioned before this is just desperate rationalizing, "God made it vague in the OT texts because ppl weren't ready at the time", is not a compelling argument. Considering that the texts can be interpreted in other ways than space aliens, as Klassified has shown.

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Paul stated categorically that there are no other 'gods' than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. So how do you draw the conclusion that his very next statements would then go on to contradict this statement? He is stating that, in fact, there are many labelled as "lords and gods" in the world, but that they aren't because there is only One True God - the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

. . .

And now you draw the conclusion that there are gods and lords galore that are in charge of "OTHER WORLDS"? Where does that come from in these passages? It's not there. it is a conclusion that you've drawn which is found nowhere in scripture.

Also this.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

A new Christian !
Oh please let be because of something I said !

Just fooling about.
edit on 29-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I would agree with you if not for one simple fact. This whole alien facade that is being produced thru the media ? Is definitely a form of worship of the old time pagan gods. It is something for man to believe in and be deceived by.
You can't ignore that my good man.

I agree wholeheartedly. My position is that if there are aliens (i.e. beings from another world, who are not demons or angels and whatnot) its simply not relevant to my faith. I figure if they have souls then Christ would have died for their sins as well. LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Far too many times when you mix religion/Christianity together with Aliens with someone who is an avid Jesus Christ Worshiper, they'll start calling Aliens Demonic, or Lucifers minions et al. Ive had conversations with these kinds of people and they feel that we are the only life in the universe that walk and talk and breath (ie beings) and how there are no Greys, Reptilians, Insectoids or whatever else in UFO/Alien lore out there anywhere and whats happening on Earth regarding UFOs and "Alien Abduction" is in fact, demonic and a part of Lucifers plan.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

A Christian who studies the bible will reconize that God himself came to earth in a ship in Ezekiel 1 . Whenever a messenger of God appeared they appeared in our form ,human. The aliens people see today are demons no ifs ands or buts . God would not send these abominations and given the fact many have reported being abducted and probed but when the name of Jesus was used the abductions would stop.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In attempt to make my case as clear as possible I thought I would make a post that is not a direct response to someone else.

I DO believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

I DO NOT believe that ANY of the passages in the bible that folks use as evidence that the Bible talks about E.T.s are about Aliens at all nor I believe they are they about U.F.O.s

I DO believe that there is the possibility that there may be intelligent life, created by God in other parts of the Universe.

I DO NOT believe these potential aliens 'seeded" earth or in ANY way contributed to our own divine creation.

I DO NOT believe that Aliens or U.F.O.'s have any part in mans eternal salvation.

I DO NOT feel that Aliens are all that important to us here on earth at all, as it pertains to our religious and spiritual understanding of the universe.

I DO NOT think that if their are Aliens that they are necessarily demonic.

I DO believe that it is a VERY REAL and VERY LIKELY possibility that the IDEA of alien life will be used as a demonic deception to lead people away from Christ.

I DO believe that if there is intelligent alien life and if they have a soul, then Christ went to the cross for their sins as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I never lost faith in my christian beliefs with alien existance. We have been lied to and had knowledge editted by the church and anyone else in power trying to hold on to it. The big question I asked myself as a young kid is, isn't that an awful big waste of space? I know full well that a whole new world can be created out of what we as humans do not know.
There is a UFO Bible(book of Urantia?). I haven't got a hold of it. Apparently it differs little from the Holy Bible only in respect to that we are unique in our humanoid form and God's chosen favorites out of the whole universe. I think it's hypothetically possible.
edit on 29-6-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75

You can't ignore that my good man.

I agree wholeheartedly. My position is that if there are aliens (i.e. beings from another world, who are not demons or angels and whatnot) its simply not relevant to my faith. I figure if they have souls then Christ would have died for their sins as well. LOL

Then we are on the same page.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You can linguistically contort translations of 2000 year old texts of dubious authorship any way you want to your heart's content if it makes you happy; to me, the very idea that, within a universe consisting of 100,000,000,000 galaxies containing at least 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, that somehow, within all that unfathomable creation, our is the only planet around the only star in the entire panoply of creation that some allegedly anthropomorphic deity is handing down stone tablets to is short-sighed human hubris, pure anthropocentricism, to infinity. What arrogance. What primitivity.

Have you considered the idea that everything that originates on Earth, by human hands, is just that: human, simplistic, fallible, and ultimately childish? Given the scale and age of the universe, there is a near mathematical certainty that nothing we are doing, nothing we believe, nothing we propose, and nothing we conceive is anything remotely close to Godliness and truth.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

Your entire premise suffers from a surfeit of vanity. Humility is the only surety; ignorance is our condition; that is the only thing we truly know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join