It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians can (& should) believe in aliens without losing their faith..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Christianity at times has readily excepted the plurality of worlds, it is only modern Christianity and fundementalism at that , that would seem to have a problem with aliens.

That's because there's no such thing as aliens. They are extra dimensionals that come from the 3rd dimension where there is no time...Eternity. We exist in the 4th dimension which they can freely cross, Time and Space. This is why you only see "them" on earth and not flying around the planet or out in space. Furthermore they look just like humans, not some little grey aliens or talls, except the fallen, their nature was corrupted and so they have corrupted forms. Much like man;s current form is just the devolution of mankind down through the centuries. We did not evolve from monkies, we are devolving into monkies and getting increasingly warlike and territorial and violent.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The bible refers to God, Angels, Ghosts etc. If a person believes in the bible as truth, then they already believe in non incarnate human intelligent life.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats

Originally posted by alienreality
Most every Christian I know believes they exist and none of them have ever felt it contradicts what they believe...

Christians can believe that there is no conflict in their belief systems all they want. Doesn't make it true. The fact remains is that it is incongruous to balance both belief systems based on what the bible says, and more importantly doesn't say.

What it does say is that the world is made in this way, the universe was made in that way, man was made this way and is the center of creation. How does far superior beings fit into that? Only through rationlizations and flagrant ignorance of their own sacred book do they come to the conclusion they can happily co-exist.

Since the bible doesn't say anything (apart from some ppl interpreting vague texts as evidence) it can be argued they never where considered. If God deliberately omissed such important information than that is tantamount to lying because superior intelligence is a whopper of a reality to keep man in the dark about.
edit on 29-6-2012 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

It isn't a "belief" that there is no conflict that we share the universe with others, you certainly are quite uneducated with what is biblical and what isn't.. Overzealous non believers like yourself have so much self pride it is amazing.. yours is shining like a beacon in how you are communicating here with what is only your opinion, or hilarious misinterpretation of what is biblical, take your pick..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
to me you have not yet understood why christianity cannot accept alien life

its not because alien life was not mentioned in the bible..

but how could you explain Jesus choosing planet Earth from all the trillions of billions of planets to get crussified

or did Jesus repeated his story on every planet in the universe in every type of life form there is??

and man..if this is not serious...ask Giordano Bruno about it...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hope I'm on topic,
I wrote too much and I'm not sure it's understandable. Might not make any sense. The preview button isn't working to correct my typos and the stupid auto correct on my tablet. Apologies.

It's when aliens are called gods, claiming to be our creators. The Christian belief would be there is only one God, one creator, do not worship any other idol. Anybody claiming to be a God or Lord is doing so under false presences, typically it is demons who are thought to be these impostors.

it's because the alien phenomenon always contains believers claiming contact with the aliens who said they created them, not God. I don't know the origin of this but I think it might be bob lazar who claimed he talked to aliens at area 51 and they told him God and Jesus was a fable invented by them to give us something to believe in.
Following the lazar episode abductees come along claiming to have been told the same, quite often there's an alien leader called ashtar or asorah which in the bible means the devil.

So this is completely dismissing the existence of God and as the bible states it is Satan who seeks to achieve stealing souls from Gods children. A soul is taken by changing ones beliefs perhaps. If you can't come up to each person individually and say do you mind if I steal your soul? You would say no, get away. So much simpler to just gradually alter that belief and let it happen. That can be acheived by changing the beliefs and diminishing the faith. The so called alien gods attempt to swindle you by saying God brings you down etc. come over to my side and be free and awake, see the light.

I'm not really knowledgable on scripture. I just have my own theory that it all boils down to beliefs or faith. Who can have the most followers wins and when that happens on a global scale and not many are left believing in God anymore, then the result is all that God created shall just vanish, in an instant, as the last one more person loses their faith. If this means the entire universe being gone, so it will be. I think mass belief on a majority scale has more power than is realized. Either way. Satan can't just come along and take souls. He requires an invitation. Invitation can be in the form of asking to speak to an alien that's really a demon, like in meditating, channeling or other ways or just believing all the time. He romances and seduces. How do you know who you are really communicating with? Would you just let a stranger walk through your Front door? Aliens are a great way to trick people into moving away from God towards Satan. Why is channeling or meditating always going in about a light? Satan or lucifer is the angel of light. So many people are using this love and light comment now. They mean well but don't research it's actual meaning. It's replaced God bless. Happy holidays replaces happy Christmas and so on. I'm not sure how long before this happens, possibly the next generation God will be nothing more than something your parents talked about. The date could coincide with an equinox of dark and light, as prophesied in the bible.

I think Gods existence requires he is believed in, or he will cease to exist and his adversary takes over. It's why he asks for you to believe in Him. The less believers he has the more chaos will take over the earth. He isn't 'there' to tend to things. Satan 's ultimate goal is to eradicate, annihilate all that God created, so he may rule instead

Consider this, if you were told hey Jesus is standing over there on a hill preaching. Not many would go to check him out. Some who would go would say that was just a homeless guy, skitzophrenic, lock him up. But if this sighting was of a UFO or alien, many would be curious and go see. It's actually more believable, more interesting. More plausible.

Having said all this. No, I do not think you can have both beliefs. They contradict each other.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I went into the ATS archives and found a thread about UFO's mentioned in the book of Ezekiel...

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this adds to your discussion.

There is a whole universe out there. I don't think creation of life forms is just limited to earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Here's a question from me to you, OP. You say that the Bible admits to the existence of extraterrestrial beings, and there have been people who claim that our creator (God) was actually an alien.

Elohim, one of the names of God, is actually a PLURAL form. In addition, God states in Eden, after the apple incident, that Adam and Eve have "become like us". Does that mean there is more than one God?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I wasn't referring to your replies, found them to be valuable input into the debate. I think there was in fact just one post that smacked of dirty tricks, and as is unfortunately too common for me, I retaliated a little.

Just going to read through some more of the comments now and will add thoughts after..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I'm not a recent Christian, and I am fully aware of the way in which the elite manipulate the content coming through the big screen. However, in the end, the 'heroine' of the film kept her cross around her neck, and kept searching for the answers.

Which struck me as a decent meaning to take from the movie - forgetting all the other nonsense they chucked in.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That's because there's no such thing as aliens. They are extra dimensionals that come from the 3rd dimension where there is no time...Eternity.

But see thats the rub isn't it... By the strictest definition Demons, Angels and even God, all originate outside of earth (around before its creation even), so there for ARE extraterrestrials .

Funny though how on here people will argue the denial of god, but call him or angels Aliens and suddenly people are far less critical...

But yes your views are in line with my own on the matter.

edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Interesting topic. I must admit that I have wondered the same thing many times. I was raised Southern Baptist, but now I find myself believing in God, but unsure of how to look at the bible. Is it the true, unaltered word of God... or has it been manipulated by corrupt men seeking power over the ages? As of now, I am inclined to go with the later of the two. Having said all of that, there is one absolute fact about the Bible, and that is that the King James Version (KJV) is the only bible translated directly from the original scripts, and you can look that up if you want, because I don't feel like providing the evidence, but it is easy to find. All other bibles... NLT, NIV, etc... are nothing more than some agenda driven version, or interpretation, of the KJV. Every quote you used in your post came from these bibles, instead of the KJV, and that is why I can't give your thread much credibility, although I do appreciate the time and effort that you took to compose it. Personally, I believe that if Aliens exist, then that disproves every religion here on earth, because religion is man made, however that does not disprove God, or a supreme creator.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Where did I say that the abduction phenomenon was an alien race that was in accord with God's' will? Where did I even mention the abduction phenomenon?

My belief is that there are other races, in accord with God's will, who do not interfere negatively with mankind on Earth. Those that do interfere negatively are not in accord with God's will, and are plainly demonic in nature. They may well constitute fallen races who have embraced the rulership of demons, therefore being those that God spoke of when He said:

Isaiah 24:21-22 (New Living Translation)

21 In that day the Lord will punish the gods in the heavens
and the proud rulers of the nations on earth.

I am also aware that these demonic, interfering races are subject to the authority of Jesus - as is everything in creation. I have commented in other threads on ATS warning people not to attempt to 'summon' UFOs, as they will be at risk of demonization, paranormal persecution or strong delusion.

There are angels in the heavenly realms, and they are able to manifest upon the earth (I have seen them). There are demons in the unseen world, and they are able to manifest upon the earth (I have seen them too).

I have also seen UFOs that seemed able to respond to the things I said aloud to my wife, even at a great distance. At the time I was a bit overawed by the experience to get a discernment on the spiritual intent of the beings controlling the UFO - it didn't seem hostile, but I know that even Satan can appear as an angel of light, so I reserve judgement seeing as I didn't pray it through.

I have a friend with a ministry of prophecy and deliverance, and he's also seen a UFO that seemed to specifically target him for observation, following his car for several miles, slowing down and speeding up whenever he did. He prayed about it as he drove on, with the UFO still following, and got the clear discernment that there was no demonic intent behind its activity - and this is a guy who has cast demons out of people for over fifteen years now, so he is well-placed to check it out. Perhaps that UFO came at God's instruction, and by its appearance God gave him an example of a non-demonic alien race, to prevent him from making banner assumptions in the strange days that are to come in these 'End Times' that we so clearly live in.

So yeah - I stand by what I wrote - I believe in the angelic, the demonic, and other races living in this physical universe. There are (imho) other races who choose to live according to the authority of the creator, and never 'fell' in the first place. Conversely, I do believe that there is at least one apostate race in league with Satan (hence the demonic alien abductions etc) who are described as coming under God's judgement in Isaiah 24.

If I were you, I would take the advice offered in the OP and read the 'Cosmic Trilogy' by CS Lewis, before making a banner statement like '..all aliens are demons'.

Here's a link to a free online copy of the first book:

Out of the Silent Planet

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i am a christian. i dont neccessarily believe in aliens. i do believe there are other beings living on other planets. are they technologically advanced? who cares. we know our fate. have they tried to communicate with us? if i was them i wouldnt... we try to communicate through violence if someone even looks at us in a wrong way. i wouldnt sweat losing Gods love over believing in aliens. believing those aliens created you "annunaki" might upset a bit though. just pray about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Interesting topic. I must admit that I have wondered the same thing many times. I was raised Southern Baptist, but now I find myself believing in God, but unsure of how to look at the bible. Is it the true, unaltered word of God... or has it been manipulated by corrupt men seeking power over the ages? As of now, I am inclined to go with the later of the two. Having said all of that, there is one absolute fact about the Bible, and that is that the King James Version (KJV) is the only bible translated directly from the original scripts, and you can look that up if you want, because I don't feel like providing the evidence, but it is easy to find. All other bibles... NLT, NIV, etc... are nothing more than some agenda driven version, or interpretation, of the KJV. Every quote you used in your post came from these bibles, instead of the KJV, and that is why I can't give your thread much credibility, although I do appreciate the time and effort that you took to compose it. Personally, I believe that if Aliens exist, then that disproves every religion here on earth, because religion is man made, however that does not disprove God, or a supreme creator.

The reason why theologians and mainly Christians never discusses the subject of life in space is very simple, its because the very idea of life in space is connected to the theory of evolution and science fiction. Because of all the propaganda, if life in space were to be "proven" to exist at all, they will be seen as Gods by many, which will disprove the God of the bible, as that is the agenda, the creation of a new universal religion where our new Gods are the aliens. This is why we get crap like Prometheus and the Ancient Aliens TV show. The programming for this deception is across the board.

"Prometheus" - A Lesson in Illuminati Religion
edit on 30-6-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Elohim refers to the angels, the sons of God, as far as I understand it.

Also, I've heard it said that the plurality can be seen as a reference to the Trinity of the Godhead; Father, Son and Spirit.

Your comment seems quite snooty - as though you are raising some novel challenge to the validity of the Christian faith? Don't expect my faith to be shaken by this tired old question. It's been covered elsewhere a thousand times.

Look - I freely admit I've had serious issues with comprehending the meaning of the book of Genesis. When I was ten years old I decided I couldn't believe in Christianity, because the book of Genesis didn't make any scientific sense.

However, my faith comes from living, real, actual supernatural experiences that God has demonstrated at work in my life since I was twenty years old. I've seen people's lives transformed in powerful and supernatural ways at the churches I have attended. I've seen miracles and deliverance from demons in the name of the Lord Jesus. I've seen truly devastated people, wrecked by sinful living, drugs, prostitution, stealing, murdering even - totally spiritually changed, into loving and caring people with families and responsibilities.

Now if some things got lost in translation in those ancient texts somewhere way back when I cannot really say - and it doesn't really matter to me. It could well be that the book of Genesis is intended as a divine parable, just like the parables Jesus told. The truth is not as easy to find as people assume it will be. The path is narrow.

God directs us (in scripture revealed through the prophets, and in the actual words of Jesus) to search for Him.

If we truly seek, believing that He exists and submitting our human understanding to faith, He can and does reveal Himself to us. And He is capable of performing miracles in our lives today.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
But see thats the rub isn't it... By the strictest definition Demons, Angels and even God, all originate outside of earth (around before its creation even), so there for ARE extraterrestrials .

You are confusing extraterrestrial (Originating, located, or occurring outside Earth or its atmosphere) with supernatural (Of or relating to existence outside the natural world).

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Having said all this. No, I do not think you can have both beliefs. They contradict each other.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit there too...

How can you say the beliefs aren't compatible, when you clearly aren't a practicing Christian? I'm a practicing Christian, many would consider me a fundamentalist (though I like to think, that I can think too...), and yet I have stated clearly in-thread that I believe in aliens. And I believe God doesn't mind if I choose to believe in aliens, so long as it doesn't change my relationship with Him. I have asked Him to clarify the answer to the alien question, but as yet there is no direct answer. I therefore wait patiently on the Lord, and pray for discernment of the spirits.

What you said about Bob Lazar is basically what I mean by an apostate race, in league with Satan - they are lying to the PTB. The whole Bob Lazar thing might be carefully crafted disinfo to get the conspiracy community thinking about whether God is an invention they made up to keep us all in submission to them.

What you said about God ceasing to exist? Nonsense fabricated by the enemy of our souls.

Just because some secretive group spoke to the military and said they invented God and Jesus, doesn't mean that all alien races existing in the universe are somehow allied to this group. Doesn't mean that what they said is true. Doesn't even mean that the group themselves are alien - they might simply be conjured demonic spirits, communicating telepathically. Who can say?

Anyhow - Jesus existed, God is real and exists 'from everlasting to everlasting', and as per my above post He can be found if you seek Him - but you have to have faith, believing Him to exist, before you get the answers you seek, or the knowledge of Him. Just because you don't believe, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. It just means you won't find Him.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by violet

I think you contradicted yourself a bit there too...

How can you say the beliefs aren't compatible, when you clearly aren't a practicing Christian? I'm a practicing Christian, many would consider me a fundamentalist (though I like to think, that I can think too...), and yet I have stated clearly in-thread that I believe in aliens. And I believe God doesn't mind if I choose to believe in aliens, so long as it doesn't change my relationship with Him. I have asked Him to clarify the answer to the alien question, but as yet there is no direct answer. I therefore wait patiently on the Lord, and pray for discernment of the spirits.

What you said about Bob Lazar is basically what I mean by an apostate race, in league with Satan - they are lying to the PTB. The whole Bob Lazar thing might be carefully crafted disinfo to get the conspiracy community thinking about whether God is an invention they made up to keep us all in submission to them.

What you said about God ceasing to exist? Nonsense fabricated by the enemy of our souls.

Just because some secretive group spoke to the military and said they invented God and Jesus, doesn't mean that all alien races existing in the universe are somehow allied to this group. Doesn't mean that what they said is true. Doesn't even mean that the group themselves are alien - they might simply be conjured demonic spirits, communicating telepathically. Who can say?

Anyhow - Jesus existed, God is real and exists 'from everlasting to everlasting', and as per my above post He can be found if you seek Him - but you have to have faith, believing Him to exist, before you get the answers you seek, or the knowledge of Him. Just because you don't believe, doesn't mean He doesn't exist. It just means you won't find Him.

very true and to the point. my post was definitely not as good as yours.

i have a few questions for you once i can send and receive pms.

i have a few more posts to go.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Punisher75
In attempt to make my case as clear as possible I thought I would make a post that is not a direct response to someone else.

I DO believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

I DO NOT believe that ANY of the passages in the bible that folks use as evidence that the Bible talks about E.T.s are about Aliens at all nor I believe they are they about U.F.O.s

I DO believe that there is the possibility that there may be intelligent life, created by God in other parts of the Universe.

I DO NOT believe these potential aliens 'seeded" earth or in ANY way contributed to our own divine creation.

I DO NOT believe that Aliens or U.F.O.'s have any part in mans eternal salvation.

I DO NOT feel that Aliens are all that important to us here on earth at all, as it pertains to our religious and spiritual understanding of the universe.

I DO NOT think that if their are Aliens that they are necessarily demonic.

I DO believe that it is a VERY REAL and VERY LIKELY possibility that the IDEA of alien life will be used as a demonic deception to lead people away from Christ.

I DO believe that if there is intelligent alien life and if they have a soul, then Christ went to the cross for their sins as well.

Dido

2nd for sure

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Funny though how on here people will argue the denial of god, but call him or angels Aliens and suddenly people are far less critical...

Thats the great deception at work. It's already started, and the Vatican already fell into it, and millions of people along with it. We can just sit back and relax, 2018 is going to be an interesting year. It will be one they will never forget.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join