It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 13
60
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by chemistry
 


Turkey,Israel are targets for Syrian WMD.Its natural that they will activate the Samson option nuking european capitals and moscow and Russia will in turn nuke USA and UK.



If the US was nuked by Russia we would turn them into a frozen glass wasteland. No one matches our nuclear arsenal and no one has more sophisticated deterrence systems. Stop beating your chest like your weak Comrades. Rediculous to even contemplate. Georgia did not get US alliance assurance. Turkey is not Georgia, Russia will never risk a confrontation with the US any time soon, they would be decimated.




posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas
 


I'm with you on the russian part. Those folks need something better to look forward to than "Krokodil"(Moonshine Desomorphine) rotting their limbs off. How ever south america? IT started with the incans, it isn't near the end yet, and the rest of the world hasn't had a turn yet.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by chemistry
 


Turkey,Israel are targets for Syrian WMD.Its natural that they will activate the Samson option nuking european capitals and moscow and Russia will in turn nuke USA and UK.



If the US was nuked by Russia we would turn them into a frozen glass wasteland. No one matches our nuclear arsenal and no one has more sophisticated deterrence systems. Stop beating your chest like your weak Comrades. Rediculous to even contemplate. Georgia did not get US alliance assurance. Turkey is not Georgia, Russia will never risk a confrontation with the US any time soon, they would be decimated.



I had the exact same conversation with someone else today, it is absolutely ridiculous to think that Russia would want to duke it out with the US. 700 billion dollars on the military every year doesn't just go to nothing, it goes to creating the best defense and the most technologically advanced arsenal in the world.
The United States is the ultimate deterrent to war in the world.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by chemistry
 


Turkey,Israel are targets for Syrian WMD.Its natural that they will activate the Samson option nuking european capitals and moscow and Russia will in turn nuke USA and UK.



If the US was nuked by Russia we would turn them into a frozen glass wasteland. No one matches our nuclear arsenal and no one has more sophisticated deterrence systems. Stop beating your chest like your weak Comrades. Rediculous to even contemplate. Georgia did not get US alliance assurance. Turkey is not Georgia, Russia will never risk a confrontation with the US any time soon, they would be decimated.


you would probably decimate yourselves without any help from russia.. trust me, the "heads of state" are comprimising rather nicely.

the only problem i really see in the coming months is the virtually impenetrable fortress of north korea.. it will take more balls than i can currently juggle to make them see the light..



+(



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu
 


Decimate ourselves how? You make no sense.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen

The United States is the ultimate deterrent to war in the world.


Correction... the United States is involved, either covertly or overtly, in practically every conflict in the world!



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo
 


Correct me I am wrong but I beleive that a blackbird has never been shot down in its history.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just to let you all know, that Turkish "fighter jet" that was downed was actually in fact a Turkish reconnaissance aircraft!

Now....is there any truth to Syrians downing the reconnaissance aircraft or should we consider the IAF having something to do with it considering they were in flight mode over Gaza just before and during their excursion at the same time?

Again, MSM has been lying to you all.
edit on 23-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Yawn nukes won't be that useful against a massive civil defence network and underground city networks that Russia possesses.Russia will lose a lot of people but will survive .USA on the other hand has no civil defence bunker network for the civilians.USA will cease to exist.


edit on 23-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas
 


True but the world's biggest bunker bombs would do some damage.....how much is anyone's guess



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5
 


Yawn,Moscow has 12000 underground nuclear bunkers for civilians itself . plus 1500 military command bunkers many comparable to Ramenki and 300 large grain storage sites and 50-200 very large underground cities comparable to Yamantau.Plus 20000-30000 bunkers for civilians more all across Russia.

Enough said.USA has 5000 nukes only.pffftt...

More than 1000 warheads are aimed at Moscow.


So like what deterrence? Plus there are tens of thousands of nuclear shelters in remote villages.If population dispersal is achieved ,Russia would suffer losses as little as 3-5 million(if population is dispersed into the villages). If not then 50-80 million deaths in event of surprise western nuclear strike(provided russians don't get to the underground city bunkers,if they get to the city bunkers then 25-30 million deaths).

Compare that with hundreds of millions of deaths of NATO side. 175 million is best case scenario.275 million worse case for USA. Europe will be destroyed as population density is too high.


edit on 23-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas
 


You do know something about bunker bombs, yes? Once aimed correctly using lazer technology that hits the exact location down to the last cm, it will and CAN do some damage. Every bunker has an opening at the surface, don't forget that!



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5
 


The military airbases,ports would mostly be lost in nuclear warfare.Satellites will useless after ASAT and nuclear weapons are detonated in space to cripple satellites.




hich 5,735 were considered active or operational, and of these only a certain number were deployed at any given time. These broke down into 5,021 "strategic" warheads, 1,050 of which were deployed on land-based missile systems (all on Minuteman ICBMs), 1,955 on bombers (B-52, B-1B, and B-2), and 2,016 on submarines (Ohio class),
en.wikipedia.org...


The bomber component would be lost quickly in nuclear warfare.leaves 3000 nuclear warheads in the Trident and Minuteman System.500-1000 aimed at Moscow underground facilities and Moscow's civil defence network.

Next...


edit on 23-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by mkgandhas
good then syria should launch its entire chemical and biological arsenal on Turkey and Israel.Let the nuclear war begin.West has lived by the sword and will die by it.


For a person who is constantly decrying genocide I find it funny that you wish genocide on others.. Hypocrite much??


Genocide for everybody.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by mkgandhas
good then syria should launch its entire chemical and biological arsenal on Turkey and Israel.Let the nuclear war begin.West has lived by the sword and will die by it.


For a person who is constantly decrying genocide I find it funny that you wish genocide on others.. Hypocrite much??


Genocide for everybody.


geneticicide*

(fixed that for you)



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MattC
 

In the UK our PM has said that during the summer games if any unknown plane comes into UK air space it could be shot down by the forces that are protecting the London games. Right if the UK can say that, then it stands that it is not right the UK has that right only.
So if as it look as if Turkey decided to go into Syria air space it has and must expect to be attacked.
By the look of things NATO is starting to feel it is now boss of the whole world, and I honestly do feel that it is high time China & Russia tell's NATO that enough is enough, very few people like America within the UK these days, we seem to be used rather than gain anything in the last few years.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas
 


1,000 Nukes aimed at Moscow? Kind of a waste isn't it? The city would be incinerated with two or three. 1,000 Nuclear Warheads would irradiate Russia, Europe, Asia and Canada.
Do you really want to risk poisoning the whole world? Not likely.

Plus Russia has over 10,000 nuclear bunkers. Good luck finding and cracking them all open. I reckon you could take out 2000-3000 if the nuclear weapons were deployed in the right place and the bunkers were open. Otherwise you will have nuked Russia and only inflicted a flesh wound.

Their retaliation would shatter Europe and the US. Drop a few nukes on each Major European city and you have crippled Europe. Drop another three or four on all major US cities and you have wiped out most of the US' population.

Do you really think Russia spent the Cold War sitting on their ass? No, they have planned and drilled for Nuclear war and have automated systems to fire their nuclear arsenal at pre-meditated destinations around the globe.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Syria has admitted it shot down a Turkish fighter jet over the Mediterranean, raising tensions between the neighbouring countries. Ankara warned it would respond "decisively" once it had full details of the incident, which saw the plane downed off the coast of Syria around seven miles from the village of Om al Toyour. The Syrian military claims the jet was flying low, less than a mile from the shore and well inside the country's territorial waters when they opened fire on it. With the second biggest army in Nato , Turkey would be a formidable foe for a Syrian army that is already struggling to quash a 16-month-old revolt.


Link



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
reply to post by mkgandhas
 


1,000 Nukes aimed at Moscow? Kind of a waste isn't it? The city would be incinerated with two or three. 1,000 Nuclear Warheads would irradiate Russia, Europe, Asia and Canada.
Do you really want to risk poisoning the whole world? Not likely.

Plus Russia has over 10,000 nuclear bunkers. Good luck finding and cracking them all open. I reckon you could take out 2000-3000 if the nuclear weapons were deployed in the right place and the bunkers were open. Otherwise you will have nuked Russia and only inflicted a flesh wound.

Their retaliation would shatter Europe and the US. Drop a few nukes on each Major European city and you have crippled Europe. Drop another three or four on all major US cities and you have wiped out most of the US' population.

Do you really think Russia spent the Cold War sitting on their ass? No, they have planned and drilled for Nuclear war and have automated systems to fire their nuclear arsenal at pre-meditated destinations around the globe.


Because of the leadership and considerable military installations in Moscow,a 1000 are aimed. Like for example the Chekhov underground bunker is targetted with 50 warheads.Think of the confidence NATO has in its arsenal if it has to aim 50 warheads on a single underground bunker.



posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
War has been a constant throughout history. Anytime I see a war article I think "no surprises there." Turkey wants Syria to be like Turkey and Syria wants Turkey to be like Syria. The Chinese want everyone to be like them and the Americans want everyone to be like them. Everyone wants everyone else to be like them. It'll end when we realize we're all different and that's a good thing, or when we all die from whatever.

It's a good thing dishwashers aren't like people otherwise they'd be destroying microwaves because they cook food rather than clean dishes and that's just plain wrong. Err wait a minute, actually they're both quite useful.



new topics

top topics



 
60
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join