It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Looks as though Turkey is about to stomp Syria to protect its national interests..

There has already been cross border shelling from Syria over the last few days and now they have shot down Turkish Aircraft..

There are reports over twitter (not to be taken too seriously) that the Turkish navy is now massing.. Turkey has the second biggest military in NATO so are not to be messed with..

Hilary Clinton has said that Turkey will invoke article 4 of the NATO treaty for talks, which is one article away from going to war..

Things are looking grim..

Link
twitter
twitter 2

edit on 22-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

Ah I had a good chuckle.
Turkey not to be messed with? Why?
They are a paper tiger and they know it.
Israel killed 9 Turkish nationals. What did Turkey do except beat it's chest to appease it's nationalists at home? Nothing.

Turkey threatened Cyprus and Israel not to drill for gas and oil. Cyprus & Israel went ahead and drilled, because it's their right to do so. What did Turkey do? Nothing but beat it's chest for it's nationalists at home.

Syria shoots down a Turkish jet. What does Turkey do? Call in NATO for help.

If Turkey is so powerful, like you seem to think, why don't they act on their own? Because they are a paper tiger and they know it.

And if reports about Russia's increased military presence in Syria are true, then you have another reason why Turkey will not act alone, and further evidence it is a paper tiger.

Btw, just because they have a large military, so what? We aren't living in a pre-WW1 era. Technology has trumped the man power advantage.

North Korea has a lot of man power too in it's military. But they will get decimated pretty quickly in all out war. Technologically they are inferior.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Actually there is a prophecy of Russia annihilating turkey, after Turkey invades greece ,cyprus and syria. The prophecy said greece will be in poverty then. So,it will be restoration of Constatinopole to Russia indeed(whatever is left of it).

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Turkish warplane downed by Syria 'may have crossed border'

Turkey's President, Abdullah Gul, has said the Turkish fighter jet shot down by Syria's air defence forces on Friday may have violated Syrian airspace.

Hopefully thats the key factor which will prevent escalation.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12A

They will decimate South Korea and good parts of Japan.37,000 US troops will be lost in an instant when North Korea launches its artillery horde.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by BLV12A

They will decimate South Korea and good parts of Japan.37,000 US troops will be lost in an instant when North Korea launches its artillery horde.

nnaaaaah! those chaps are too smart to play anymore "war games".

it's nuthink that can't be settled over a nice game of go.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12A

Cyprus has British bases, Israel are nuclear armed.. Syria has a sugar daddy who will merely beat his chest if Turkey attack too (i fricken hope!).

Turkey is far from a paper tiger.. My own unit was nearly squished by the Turks in Gallipoli ww1.. They also kicked ass in the Korean war.. Myself, when my unit was AMF(L), worked with the Turkish military too many times.. They are tough hombres..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by EvanB

Actually there is a prophecy of Russia annihilating turkey, after Turkey invades greece ,cyprus and syria. The prophecy said greece will be in poverty then. So,it will be restoration of Constatinopole to Russia indeed(whatever is left of it).

Buuuulllllllshiiiit.

Prove it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Beat his chest? Last time Georgia went to war with Russia on the basis of US support.But results were different.
Also Turkey,UK and USA sponsored the chechen terrorist movement.While one I know is that Russian Iskanders with WMD are deployed in the Caucusus,Armenia and there are rumors about Russian WMD in Syria.Syria is pretty clear.If invaded it will launch its WMD.And Armenians are pretty itchy retaking the lost land (they lost in 1920) .While if Turkey is mortally wounded after the biological/chemical relatiation by Syria.Armenia and Russia will take Turkey.And I doubt NATO has guts to take down Russia unless they are willing to suffer hundreds of millions of deaths.Germany and Eastern Europe need russian gas so I doubt they will join NATO strikes.That Leaves USA ,UK and France.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

www.monachos.net...
doomsday-prophecies.blogspot.in...

I believe the prophecy said that Russia will win the war.

A WORLD AFLAME
"Syria has the key to the solution of world peace or the Third World War. It will be the destruction of three-quarters of the world. A world aflame, with also the Ball of Redemption." - Our Lady, May 30, 1981

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Turkey will be a heap of ruins.If usa dares to intervene ,its destruction will be even worse.There will no mercy from the Archangels and the deities.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

We need to wait and see what comes out of the talks. It could possibly get messy. Do you think that Israel will find a way to get involved?
edit on 23-6-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Turkey,Israel are targets for Syrian WMD.Its natural that they will activate the Samson option nuking european capitals and moscow and Russia will in turn nuke USA and UK.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Woah!!! Scary times ahead! Is there any way that we can prevent this from happening?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
reply to post by EvanB

We need to wait and see what comes out of the talks. It could possibly get messy. Do you think that Israel will find a way to get involved?

I think Israel is already indirectly involved as it is in Israels interests to keep the Syrian conflict contained.. Also Hezbollah as already indicated that any Israeli direct involvement with Syria and they will attack Israel.. They are damned if they do or if they dont act..

This REALLY has the potential to become global very quickly when you add Russia and China into the mix..

Lets hope for cool heads..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Israel cannot get involved in NATO led operations in the middle east for the simple reason that the Arab league would pull their support and all the land bases used by NATO in the area would become unavailable. Israel must not get invovled unless they wish to go it alone.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Samson option...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

reply to post by EvanB

Israel cannot get involved in NATO led operations in the middle east for the simple reason that the Arab league would pull their support and all the land bases used by NATO in the area would become unavailable. Israel must not get invovled unless they wish to go it alone.

Good point, but my understanding is that what Israel does, the US fully supports. If Israel does get involved, can we expect to see America supporting it's 'little baby'?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Good point, but my understanding is that what Israel does, the US fully supports. If Israel does get involved, can we expect to see America supporting it's 'little baby'?

I don't think they could because they value their relationship with Saudi Arabia too much.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

How can you 'prove' a prophecy? By its very nature, a prophecy is proven when it is fulfilled, and not before.

Seems you like to rail on believers, but apply zero in terms of understanding them (or their beliefs) properly.

Incidentally, there's one prophecy in the Bible that hasn't yet been fulfilled, which very specifically states that Damascus will be razed to the ground, leaving a wasteland in its place. The conflict which is escalating in the Middle East at this time could well lead to such a thing taking place; then there would be another example of Biblical prophecy fulfilled.

Isaiah 17:1

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins. ''

And just in case you're open-minded enough to question your preconceptions about supposed 'ignorant bedouin shepherds'

Here's a link to fulfilled Old Testament prophecy regarding the birth, nature, ministry, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ (the link takes you to a single web page, with a table detailing the specifics of the prophecies concerned):

Bible Prophecy (re: Jesus) fulfilled

And here's a quote from the top of the page of that link:

A scientist picked out 48 such prophecies and determined that the probability of one man randomly fulfilling them all is 1 in 10 to the exponent of 157. That is one followed by 157 zeros!

So that's 1 in 157,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0

Odds like that demonstrate a supernatural (beyond the natural) source of information for the prophecies.

Those 'Bedouin Shepherds' may have been ignorant in terms of science, but they certainly wanted to know about God.

Seems God wanted to speak with them too...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

I do not support some things that Israel does, but I certainly support their right to exist.. They are also a vital and important ally.. The only TRUE ally and democratic country in the Middle East... It is vital that Israel is supported then, and protected...

We will not see any overt Israeli involvement in the current situation unless it spills over the border.. But you can bet your ass they have covert operatives in Syria protecting Israeli interests... Who can blame them?

Especially when you add possible use of WMD's in the mix.. They are probably locating them as we speak..
edit on 23-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

I do not support some things that Israel does, but I certainly support their right to exist.. They are also a vital and important ally.. The only TRUE ally and democratic country in the Middle East... It is vital that Israel is supported then, and protected...

We will not see any overt Israeli involvement in the current situation unless it spills over the border.. But you can bet your ass they have covert operatives in Syria protecting Israeli interests... Who can blame them?

Especially when you add possible use of WMD's in the mix.. They are probably locating them as we speak..

i have spoken to people in israel, they are slowly cumming around.. i don't believe there will be much more bloodshed, outside of a few silly fundamentalists blowing themselves up, i think we can consider them saved

they are starting to use their Words of Mass Demonstration

+)

edit on 23/6/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join