It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
very few days left. an assassination in the balklands will be the prelude to wwiii. end of june, beginning of july

google anton johansson

*giggle* my first middle name is johannes!

it's ASSassination more like!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Confirmed:

en.rian.ru...

Libyan Air Force MiG-23 fighter crashes at air show in Tripoli

TRIPOLI, October 7 (RIA Novosti) - A Libyan Air Force MiG-23 Flogger fighter crashed on Wednesday during a demonstration flight at the Third Libyan Aviation Exhibition. The aircraft crashed about 2 kilometers from observation platforms at the Libyan Aviation Conference & Exhibition, which runs October 4-8. According to preliminary reports, the pilot died. Production of the "third-generation" MiG-23 started in 1970 and ended in 1985 with over 5,000 aircraft built. Its various modifications are currently operated by several former Soviet republics and traditional recipients of Soviet arms including Armenia, Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Cuba, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Turkmenistan, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.

It is not the turkish aircraft shot down
edit on 123030p://6America/ChicagoSat, 23 Jun 2012 00:31:58 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

MiG-23 is a variable swept wing single engine fighter, so that's not it. Most of the later model Mirages have delta wings trying to find one that doesn't. I've seen this plane, but for some reason it's just not clicking.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Frustrating init. It almost does look like a MiG-29, just at a weird angle, but that piece that looks like the vertical fin doesn't match up very well. That looks like the rear radar of the Flanker, but the wingtips don't match up, unless it's just too far away to see the rails.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yea Probably even the russian link that I posted probably got the picture wrong..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Look at this thread:

www.flyafrica.info...

Su-27 Crash:

edit on 123030p://6America/ChicagoSat, 23 Jun 2012 00:49:25 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Yep. You got it. Thanks Professional for clearing that up. It's an older image.

Damn RT.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think it is Su-27 Flanker 100% and it is not a single tail stabilizer, but we are mistaking the parachute assembly of the Su-27 as it..

I think it is su-27, and that even the Russian newspaper got the ID wrong and even they perhaps used a file photo. Plus it is not even a crash and the Su-27 is using flares:

Su-27UB releasing Flares

This is probably the exact aircraft:
Ukranian Su-27UB

From Ukrainian Air force
edit on 123030p://6America/ChicagoSat, 23 Jun 2012 00:56:36 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Yeah that's the plane pictured wings match perfectly. I thought about posting it but I was stuck on one tail two engines, but Flanker that is. We know Turkey doesn't have any of those.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I was too, and you can usually see the wingtip rails. I started thinking that it was just an odd angle and there were two fins, but the assembly and lack of tip rails didn't fit. But I did know it wasn't Turkish.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Turkey should not even be in natio, and after denial port access,and land access, and air access for Iraq Turkey should be on their own.

What goes around comes around Turkey should not even violated Syrian airspace and yet they did.

If this escalated anymore more which I don't think it will they still have Russia,China,and Iran in the mix.

edit on 22-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing. Russia, China and Iran are allies with Syria. I'm not sure this will escalate, but if it does, it has some potential to turn into a massive blowout.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by SLAYER69

And, if I might speculate further, these S300 batteries are manned by Syrians as well as Russians. What would be the implication of Russians helping Syrians shoot down a NATO aircraft?

And furthermore, how would Russia deal with a NATO air campaign killing Russian nationals on the ground in Syria?

Russia has already admitted to and warned the West about the technical support
personnel stationed there-- and a military action against them, whether civilian or
military is going to be frowned upon like Steven Segal was a line cook on the Missouri.
The one fellow I'm worried about might not be Putin as much as his favorite fighter:
General Anatoliy Alekseevich Nogovitsyn. He did a dance on a Georgian psychedelic
tie chewer AND NATO in '08; and is one tough big blond bear WITH NUKES on TREADS.
I'd rather do five rounds with Nick Nolte when he was 35 instead of that man up close and
with hardware, for God's sake. Somebody please tell me you can't outfit a 300 with a low-yield...
because if he's on the trigger wear some really thick lead and pucker up buttercup, we're on.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is the turkish airforce inventory:

Attack - F-16 Fighting Falcon
- F-4E 2020 Terminator
- F-4E Phantom II
- F-5 2000
Electronic
warfare - Boeing 737 AEW&C
- CN-235 EW
Fighter - F-16 Fighting Falcon
Interceptor - F-16 Fighting Falcon
Reconnaissance - RF-4E Phantom II
- Anka
- Heron
- MQ-9 Reaper
- MQ-1 Predator
- RQ-7 Shadow 600
- Searcher II
- Aerostar
- GNAT 750
- I-GNAT ER
Trainer - T-38
- SF-260
- T-37
- T-41
Transport - C-130
- C-160
- CN-235
- Cougar
- UH-1H

Aerial refueling: - KC-135R

So what does everyone think? Your list includes Reconnaissance- RF-4E Phantom II's. Does anyone think F4's are all thats flying over Syria from Turkey? Or maybe some rumors of ground support for (opposition) forces is more active than we are led to believe? Its easy to deny air activity over Syria until someone gets shot down. Then say oh, we were just looking. And what about drones? There are stealthy drones that Syrian advanced air defenses cannot pick up?

Then again Syria may be that good. And prepared. And the first time a plane flew over they zapped it. I have a harder time believing that. What about all the fantastic stealth ability US has that could be deployed right now and delivering ordnance? Some of the footage from Syria looks like air strikes? As opposed to lucky catch of rocket artillery or IED?

Just wondering aloud. I know the last time we went in to a country it was Libya on the shlt end of the stick.
Remember this?

I remember watching that back then and thinking , here we go. Another country gonna get it courtesy of Nato and US. Don't want to see that here too, but also know there is little hope of reversing course now. Especially now. Sure would hate to be the two pilots captured by the Syrians tonight. What do you suppose their nationality is?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Looks like a picture of the tail slide they do so well.
Nice touch with the flares.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Nothing is going to come out of this...

Turkey has confirmed the aircraft was shot down while in Syrian airspace. Turkey should be apologising.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by mkgandhas

Why would Israel fire nukes at allies??

I would not be surprised if Assad deployed chem agents though.

Israel will take the entire world down with it when it uses the samson option, including it's allies.

Though i think the scenario he is proposing is a bit far fetched as a reaction to this.

World War 3 is ongoing for ages already. It turning nuclear or not is something we can only hope for not to happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Someone mentioned that Turkey might have sacrificed a F4 to test missle defenses and gain data on said system. That's got me thinking that maybe the F4 was unmanned...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Turks also have SU 30s that would also fit that picture.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Turkish government talking on state TV have said "it is impossible to ignore downed aircraft and will act accordingly and decisively"...

The Turkish premier is a hot head who is reknown for having a short fuse.. Being C in C of the 2nd biggest military in NATO then im sure he will act.

I think he will probably annex a large part of Nothern Syria akin to what happened in the Balkans. Russia may be prepared to lose their beloved naval bases..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join