It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Turkey is stating they do not want to go to war:

Mr Arinc, speaking after Turkey's emergency cabinet meeting on Monday, called the shooting down of the jet "a hostile act of the highest order" but added that Turkey had "no intention" of going to war.

"We don't believe warmongering or provoking the crowds by being righteous is the right thing to do. What needs to be done will be done within a legal framework," he said.

link www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Can anyone comfirm what I have just heard, the following report ,,,,,If reports are true of a UK attack on Syria today then the UK have started World War 3.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
on an other thread that i posted on has the new Turkey; info seems they want blood after all, or at least Damascus. here is the post that has the link to the latest news on this www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-6-2012 by bekod because: editing added link added info

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

How did you get that? It said they declared Syria a clear threat, and that they changed the Rules of Engagement in regards to Syrian forces. It didn't say they wanted Damascus.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Turkey has always wanted Damascus, it is just a given , just like Palestinians want Israel for their own, that is a given, mid east wants the west out, it does not need to say this to know this.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sorry for me being straight forward but... its funny how Turkey always wants to appear as the virgin!!!
And never project their real intentions. For example when Cyprus was about to begin the export/production of physical gas, Turkey started threatening Cyprus with War in case they export/produce!!

Turkey is constantly threatening other countries for turkey's benefit... or for someone else above!

and i ENSURE you that the plane before it was gunned down, first it came into the Cypriot borders to spy the big military training of the Cyprus National Guard on that day! and this was done again last year on the same training and almost same date period!

I stopped believing what Turkey says long long long time ago... they constantly manipulate the truth for their own positive projection!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Whats the latest on this thread topic? Things seem preyy quiet and it looks like no military response from Turkey-which is exactly as i predicted.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Syria is now saying they may have mistaken the F-4 for an Israeli aircraft.

Although much of what has happened on Jun. 22, when a Turkish Air Force RF-4E from Erhac was shot down by a Syrian air defense battery remains a mystery, at least the reasons why the aircraft was fired at after violating the Syrian airspace were (possibly) disclosed on Jun. 27, when the Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zubi.

Indeed, as reported by the Times of Israel, the minister told the Turkish news station A Haber, that Syrian personnel operating the anti-aircraft site may have confused the Turkish RF-4E for an Israeli Phantom, even if the Israeli Air Force has decommissioned the last F-4 in 2004.

The Aviationist

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
^ I saw that....too funny. Especially when Turkey said the knew that Syria knew it was Turkish warplanes. What Syria try to shift the blame like?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Any word on the Turkish Navy "massing"?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nope.....Never will be either, for exactly the reasons I stated. It was a drone used to probe Syria's shiny new (and apparently very effective) air defence system.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Arguably this is the money quote - a summary of US foreign policy according to Beijing; "It is not difficult to find that, under the disguise of humanitarianism, the United States has always tried to smash governments it considers as threats to its so-called national interests and relentlessly replace them with those that are Washington-friendly."

All the key players here - the US, Russia and China - know Damascus won't commit the folly of using (or "moving") chemical weapons. So no wonder Moscow and Beijing are extremely suspicious this "red line" gambit may be yet another Obama deception maneuver, as in "leading from behind" in Libya (this is nonsense; in fact the attack on Libya started with Africom and then was transferred to NATO).

Once again the big picture is clear; this is a titanic battle between NATO-GCC and BRICS members Russia and China. At stake is nothing less than the rule of international law, which has been steadily going down the drain since [then or well before ] Agent Orange being sprayed all over Vietnam, through Dubya's invasion of Iraq in 2003, and with the Libyan "humanitarian bombing" reaching an abysmal low.

Not to mention Israel daily threatening to bomb Iran - as if this was a trip to a kosher deli.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join