It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the last taboes: women being envious of other women at work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

We are all capable of great good and of great evil. It doesn't really matter what you have between your legs, only what's between your ears.

EDIT: If I may add though, I have never had a male boss that went on severe power trips quite like the only female that I've ever worked under. But then again...she was a crane operator too and they're a "special" bunch
edit on 22/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

All women that dare to do "men's jobs" are special people.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yes, I agree. However, I honestly think that in trying to "fit in" or compete with standards that are hardly realistic, it seems like they lose something in the process. They become "hard" and somewhat difficult to deal with as (from my understanding) they have lived their whole lives competing with men in physical jobs which men are suited to, so they end up growing bitter and full of resentment for anyone that they work around or deal with in general. It's not that I blame women that have to deal with that kind of crap for getting all hard-up as a result of their experiences, but that doesn't mean I have to like it lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

All women that dare to do "men's jobs" are special people.

What are you implying? It used to be that cabinet makers was only a man's job. I only took it because I wanted a better paying job and was willing to do the hard work. All my life I took job's that were physical because I see it's healthy to stay physically fit. I could never take a job that I sit at a desk all day, I worry about big butt syndrome.
I am very female btw.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Me too, I drove a semi-truck and I'm special too.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
For one thing, we have no way of proving that online responses are definitely from women. Another thing, is that studies show that the better looking you are the better chance you will get the job, whether or not the interviewer is male or female. As for jealously, I was very attractive in my younger years and ran into these types of women very rarely in the workplace. I think one's behaviour has a paramount affect in how people react. Don't always assume it's jealousy, they just may not like one's attitude.

I have said that so many times, and it's nice to see someone else echo my thoughts and sentiments on this.

I also have an issue with a woman(the op) who claims 99% percent of woman are like this, but of course they fall into the 1% category.

99% percent of woman are NOT like this, and often, like the intelligent post I quoted above, if there is animosity, or displeasure it has much more to do with attitude and character, though there maybe the odd time when it could be jealousy.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

I do have a theory: people who love sex tend to be sexy in one way or another. Men pick up the signals of a female that is "willing" to use evolution-like terms. But so do women pick up the availability of other women!

That's why at least at an interview with a woman I become less sexy.

So how sexy were you feeling at the work place?

EDIT: may I ask a candid question? What's your age and how do you feel towards sexy women at work?

edit on 22-6-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

You are obviously trying to use your sexuality to get a job, or be noticed at the work place, if you can post such as this.

Not very cool to use sexuality to get a job, unless you are applying for a job that requires that type of attraction.

You may be confusing lack of respect from other woman as jealousy ?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

It's not black and white. The nasty girls way back at school had no valid points, they were just nasty. I am talking about this mentality. The as soon as you turn your back the BS starts mentality. The she's hot must be a skank mentality. I am talking about corrosive female envy dropped on another woman AT WORK.

Depends what you mean by "hot". Some women think they look "hot" and maybe they do , but what they are wearing is more appropriate for a nightclub.

You might confusing their distaste for how you dress and present yourself at work as envy ?

I find it quite sad , that a woman who is calling out women for being catty, would be the one to say that 99% of woman are the jealous type, but she falls in the 1%.
I wish you could have more respect for our gender, and try to look deeper into why you maybe getting the attitudes that you claim.

I'm not saying that women don't have a problem with jealousy at times, (I think its more insecurity to be honest), but I really don't think the numbers are that high.

There are also women who can be envious of some other woman's long legs, or beautiful skin, but they don't act catty about it, and can sincerely compliment the other woman, and openly admit they are envious.

I think you are talking about sexuality though, and many women don't care to see it used in the work force as a means to get promoted, or even hired(again depending on the job), which is understandable.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yes, I agree. However, I honestly think that in trying to "fit in" or compete with standards that are hardly realistic, it seems like they lose something in the process. They become "hard" and somewhat difficult to deal with as (from my understanding) they have lived their whole lives competing with men in physical jobs which men are suited to, so they end up growing bitter and full of resentment for anyone that they work around or deal with in general. It's not that I blame women that have to deal with that kind of crap for getting all hard-up as a result of their experiences, but that doesn't mean I have to like it lol.
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

So sad you have such a poor opinion as well as such a delusional perspective about women who can master a craft that in the past have been held by only men. It sounds like you might be a little bitter darling. I never had to try to fit in, I usually got my jobs because I am good at what I do, I know how to do a good job and meet a deadline, I can run a crew without a hitch, it's called experience baby. I have no jobs that I didn't enjoy, I love hard work, it's healthy. It appears like you have a problem with women, *plays lil violin

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A friend of mine is a workplace target of this kind of behavior, she is moving half way across the country to get away from it.

This girl is straight out of HS, not bad, not a party girl nothing, because she is thin, every male co-workers wife thinks she is messing with their man (or talking to). So much so, that she has been threatened.

One guy at work is autistic, he never talks to anyone, ever. His psycho wife, tapped on my window (my husband also works there) ranting about divorcing her husband, because of her. We live in a small town, and this 19 yr. old girl and her boyfriend of 4 yrs are picking up and leaving, because of these women. This girl is tired of being called a "whore" a "slut" while doing nothing to perpetuate that stereotype.

Women treat other women horrible sometimes.

I'm nice to everyone equally, but the minute a woman judges, or becomes catty, I avoid them like the plague., thats not my thing.
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

OP I have only 2 female friends, the rest aquaintances. I have never felt able to be myself around women, my intrests are polar opposite of all the women I know. I have no comon ground, if an activity doesn't involve learning something of substance, I have no use. There is no joy in shopping, getting nails done, meaningless tv shows, and because I don't participate, I'm a outcast. The men in my life (husband/family) have unconditionally excepted me, we have conversations over a wide variety of topics. Usually while the women (family) roll their eyes, and interupt, with a "I don't know what you are talking about", basically irritated because they have no intrests.

I'm not bashing my own sex, but some women are horrible. I'd take a grumpy old man over a scorned woman any day. OP I understand you, and I think there are many of us out there. If I hadn't been burned by women so much in my formative years, I may be a bit more open to friendships with women.

Its been my experience, that whatever preconcieved notion a woman gets from you, sticks. As with many women I know, there is no redeeming yourself. I was a waitress some years ago, and was hen pecked to death, one women would pick a fight over the width of lemons I cut for the plates, and she wasn't a manager.
edit on 23-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rufflen

A friend of mine once told me that "B*tches is b*tches and n*ggaz is n*ggaz." He's a real piece of work.
Okay, that actually made me "lol".

Originally posted by Malynn
Chicks are crazy lol (I'm a woman). I have approximately 2 close female friends, and the rest of them are dudes. At work I definitely get along better with guys. I don't know what it is. I don't like saying bad things about people I don't know, I don't like judging others (especially if I don't know them), and I just always seem to get on the wrong side of women at work. Whenever I see two women together at work it always seems like they are whispering and maybe I'm just being paranoid but it feels like they are talking about co-workers.

I do have two female compatriots at work I enjoy spending time with, however they are both much older than me. Maybe it's just the younger ladies I have a hard time with.
A girlfriend of mine (very attractive, intelligent girl... ex bartender
) has been working at her Entertainment office job since November 2011... well, a few months go by, and here come the crazy coworker stories.

She says the same thing as the gal's friend in the blog... "but I don't do anything or act out at all - I'm just being me!." I've witnessed how women react when their beauty or character is threatened... it's like watching Wild Kingdom with a Carl Jung narrating.

It's fascinating to say the least!

Thanks QueenofWeird, I emailed this story to my bud! She'll definitely get a kick out of it!
edit on 6/23/2012 by the_philth because: my OCD made me!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The women I've dealt with that are catty, bitchy, etc. have generally been from younger girls/women (18-22) who think I am their age also, therefore give me attitude, but once they find out that I'm older than them (Im 30), I actually notice them back off and begin to treat me differently, it's really strange. I've noticed this not only at work but in social settings also.

Not sure why this is so.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Okay this is an interesting thread and I have a few things to add.

Women in the workplace, where do I start.

I work in an office where the females outnumber the males. I don't know what it is when there are many females in one place, but it gets weird to say the least. I am sure some of you understand where I'm coming from. I am not bashing on females, but males and females truly do have different minds.

I feel like the female mind is always thinking about something. When it is really quiet in the office, I can literally hear the gears grinding in the female minds.

There definitely seems to be rivalry between females in a work environment as well, especially when a newcomer comes into the office.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

I feel like the female mind is always thinking about something.........

You say that like it's a bad thing

boys lol

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Yes!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Okay this is an interesting thread and I have a few things to add.

Women in the workplace, where do I start.

I work in an office where the females outnumber the males. I don't know what it is when there are many females in one place, but it gets weird to say the least. I am sure some of you understand where I'm coming from. I am not bashing on females, but males and females truly do have different minds.

I feel like the female mind is always thinking about something. When it is really quiet in the office, I can literally hear the gears grinding in the female minds.

There definitely seems to be rivalry between females in a work environment as well, especially when a newcomer comes into the office.

Interesting. Are you male? How are you treated?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

I feel like the female mind is always thinking about something.........

You say that like it's a bad thing

boys lol

It is! it's same as "analyzing". Most often it's a man that's being "analyzed". While he is doing something fun, she's stuck in obsessive thinking. What did he say? How? How did he look at her? Was I too [fill in].

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

I understand, how sad..... But there are women like me! Beauty or ugly, as long as you are kind I like you! And if you're beautiful (men or women) I even like to look at you. Just like I like to look at nice red apples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join