It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the last taboes: women being envious of other women at work

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Not really.

Let me elaborate on this one sentence reply with this video of an educator who so eloquently reflects my sentiments.

Beauty fades, but dumb is forever - quoted by Jude Judy's father. This is not directed to anyone on this thread, it's just a saying that rings true for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I prefer how Ron White put it - you can't fix stupid.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

He should take his own advice.

My daughter went to see Fluffy.

They bumped him for Ron White - - who got so drunk he fell off the stage. People started walking out.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

The guy in your vid is an insensitive fool. His ilk breeds the need for figures like this>

edit on 24-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Let me remedy that

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Uhhhh what ever happened to them? And I saw my thread is now about Ron Paul...How come that geezer always turns up here at ATS?

EDIT: another Ron!
edit on 26-6-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

You crack me up. What do you consider young? And of course what I write is all about me. Should it be all about you? Now be a nice girl
and check the link I sent and the article plus comments. No more about me, otherwise I might start to blush

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by rtyfx

He should take his own advice.

My daughter went to see Fluffy.

They bumped him for Ron White - - who got so drunk he fell off the stage. People started walking out.

Now I like the pal
Drunk as a skunk

As to the quote about stupid: Beauty is truth, truth beauty. Now that we're quoting I might as well toss some Keats in this discussion.

Political correct nonsense (which changes with how the wind blows) is ugly. I am interested in how the truth is, not what I would like to believe. Fairy tales are for the weak.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

LMAO Ron is quite possibly the last hope (perceived) for a lot of ATS'ers. Any chance to talk politic. (Politics threads are usually the busiest and loudest threads on here)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am talking about women who try to do jobs that are physically heavy or that women just usually don't want (crane operation, construction, anythng that has to do with heavy labour.) It's pretty obvious that I am jaded, as my experiences led me to what I am now. That is not in debate. Sometimes I don't even really understand why a woman would want a job like mine (wooden pallet repair and demolition) other than the fact that someone told them they couldn't. That's the issue I have with some women who try to do "man's work." It's called man's work because no woman in their right mind would ever want to do it lol. They have more sense than we do obviously, so why would they be caught in a job that nobody wants lol. It's like some women only try to go for jobs like that because someone along the line told them they couldn't. So the basis for that journey would be spite. Spite is not a healthy emotion and when someone conducts their entire career out of spite, it's not such a stretch to imagine that they may lose something along the way. Yes, my opinion is unfortunate, but it is for the most part, an educated one formed through personal experience.
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

As far as "man's work" there was many jobs considered men's work that were not heavy labor...if you look it up even doctor's were once only a male profession. So here I am speaking of work in that precept. I didn't take the job out of spite, I took it out of necessity....I will never forget pulling out 40+ slivers out of my hands when I first started, but that paycheck helped our household very much and being thrifty as I am, I didn't need the gym (saves $360 a year) I saw it as getting a work out while on the clock
So darling, not all women who take on a labor job do it for spite... I have nothing against men.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join