It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the last taboes: women being envious of other women at work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Yes men can be horrible too but it's something completely different than a woman's wrath
I have noticed also that men can take a lot from me, be it what I say or sometimes even getting hit (not that hard and indeed mostly outside work).

Sure, use what you have. I like that pragmatical view

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

But you STILL didn't answer the question. Is it possible your coworkers have a valid reason for thinking you might not be qualified? The one person I had a problem with in my previous post, thought she was really good too! She wasn't even capable of realizing how bad she was. You need to take to an objective person and ask them if they think you are qualified.

To be honest, if you were hired by males and showed cleavage during the interview, people are going to wonder if you weren't hired because of the way you were dressed. Purposely, showing private parts, whether male or female, is 100% wrong during the interview process. It's a non-verbal way of saying "I'm willing to do things other people think are sexually inappropriate".

I noticed your wrote "Sure, use what you have. I like that pragmatical view". Though you put a little smiley face behind it, there's an old saying there's truth in kidding. I'm wondering if you somehow realize that your method of dress and behavior get's you ahead at work and you really think women are envious of you because they can't act that way too? Like I said before, that's not envy but anger towards sexual harassment.

I'm starting to think maybe it's YOUR attitude towards other women than their attitude towards you? Whether someone is male or female, you should be able to chit chat with them about neutral topics. Things like the weather, food, traffic, travel, ect are all topics that can be discussed with everyone.

Maybe they are not jealous but rather don't like you because you don't like women?
edit on June 22nd 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

It's not black and white. The nasty girls way back at school had no valid points, they were just nasty. I am talking about this mentality. The as soon as you turn your back the BS starts mentality. The she's hot must be a skank mentality. I am talking about corrosive female envy dropped on another woman AT WORK.

The whole I don't care what you say as long as I get more attention attitude.

How clear I am now???

EDIT: I'm now watching the doc Sluts on youtube. I guess it'll prove to be highly informative.
Note that explicit sexual behavior indeed has no place at work (well unless everybody has gone home, as a lot of people have sex at work....) But what about the grey zone?

edit on 22-6-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Actually, you aren't being very clear. Perhaps it's not that you are "hot" but rather your attitude. I've known you for less than 10 posts and here is some of your words/behavior that would be a problem with me. Mind you, I have never seen you and don't really know what you look like.

It's clear from you posts you don't like women in general. You tend to generalized and discriminate against them. It doesn't make it ok just because you are also a woman. If you said in the work place what you said here you could and should be sued for discrimination.

Here's your quotes - you have issues.

"In my personal life I am ok now with having no female friends."

"I wear make up and tight fitting clothes without being trashy. I do show a bit of cleavage."

"This means that evolution should have created females that select the more nerdy men instead of being obsessed with other women."

"I do have a theory: people who love sex tend to be sexy in one way or another. Men pick up the signals of a female that is "willing" to use evolution-like terms. But so do women pick up the availability of other women!
That's why at least at an interview with a woman I become less sexy. "

" I mean, unfortunately "they" (women that is ) exist and I have to cope with them."

" In the mean while I can't behave un-sexy because I am not!"

"Yes but females tend to be more catty when the amount of them is high hahaha. No really."

"My problem is that I don't like general female talk topics: relationships and bla bla. I like to talk about science and anything relating to IQ in general. I look like a woman but inside I a much more like man: results and no BS."

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Aren't you interested in how to manipulate those reactions? I mean, unfortunately "they" (women that is
) exist and I have to cope with them. In the mean while I can't behave un-sexy because I am not!

Not particularly lol I go to work to earn money, not to play sociological games with my co-workers. I hate manipulation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I am done answering because I can't be clear apparently....No indeed I don't like catty women that will do anything to discredit you. A bit of cleavage now sounds innocent, doesn't it.

EDIT: I understand that focusing on me is interesting for you. I propose you reed the replies in the link I posted. Your analysis of me is duly noted. Yes?
edit on 22-6-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Just do your job, and don't worry about your coworkers.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Actually, you are coming in loud and clear for Daughter and I.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There shouldn't be relationships in the workplace, and a woman who is beautiful should not be told to lessen their beauty for the sake of insecure women.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Quite, but I don't think there is a solution to that problem, human nature being what it is.

Sidetracking , and from a mans perspective, ( Mine anyway ! ). Re " Beauriful women " I find that as far as women are concerned, beautiful does not equal sexy, by any means. Personalities are sexy, the body follows...

Beautiful often means self obsessed and high maintenance.

Give me an ordinary girl, without make up, fake bake, false eyelashes, hair extensions, false nails, and I'm happy.

As long as she has a sexy personality and long hair, she needs nothing else.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Actually, you are coming in loud and clear for Daughter and I.

She comes in laud an clear for me too. She is worried about other people and how they react to her in job interviews, and thus in the respective workplace. She is assuming some sort of preconceived notion when women conduct her job interviews they may think she is too hot to be hired as she may compete with them successfully in the workplace for male co-worker attention, and so feels obligated to tone down her hotness.

She wants confirmation through others confirming her ideas. She wants confirmation also, from men specifically, telling her if she is hot she should be able to flaunt "her stuff" to the max what she probably does anyway in job interviews and in the workplace. Maybe due to a personality complex that is obsessed with "man attention" and female envy, jealously whatever you call it

She needs to simply ignore these thoughts about what others may think of her and why. When obtaining a job she needs to ignore such thoughts and focus on her job duties.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
More snivelling. Quit whining about other people and just do your farking job.

"Oh, my feelings are hurt because the broad at the next desk is a ***t. Oh, I can't handle the jealousy and the good-looking bitches in accounting. Oh, I can't handle the fact that other dames are fighting about the broads in accounting."

Whine. Whine. Whine.

Grow up.

You're too sexy for a barber pole.

edit on 6/22/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Just ran across this on youtube, and thought of your OP.

You're just a female version.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
good gawd women are the devil....yea thats right...i said it.....the devil. Period.....

The most vindictive, spiteful, evil race of being I ever saw in action.........

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
More snivelling. Quit whining about other people and just do your farking job.

"Oh, my feelings are hurt because the broad at the next desk is a ***t. Oh, I can't handle the jealousy and the good-looking bitches in accounting. Oh, I can't handle the fact that other dames are fighting about the broads in accounting."

Whine. Whine. Whine.

Grow up.

You're too sexy for a barber pole.

edit on 6/22/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

But not too sexy for a stripper pole right?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

There shouldn't be relationships in the workplace

Lol. I must say I'm glad there are relationships at work. Sometimes work would be quite unbearable without them. Afterall, nobody should regulate whom one may fall for, or where it happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Haters gonna hate.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
they dont know how to handle it when another woman looks better then them. If another woman in the room looks way better then you, just accept the fact your man thinks so too.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Let's not start THAT game. I am a woman (last time I checked) and my topic is how women treat women on the work floor.

I prefer to work with women, women who came to do the job they are hired for. When I was building cabinets, I had two women in my department before I arrived (Hired before me). This was a company down south than only recently hired women, I was the third. By day three, one of the women was coming to work dressed like a hooker and floating around to the other departments carrying on with the men rather than doing her job. She even refused to stain because she didn't want to get her hands dirty. That was her last day at the company, it is that kind of behavior that makes it hard for hard working women to break into previously men dominated jobs. This happened years ago, but I thought it as relevant because these types don't care what job they take, they still act inappropriately in most work environments and we don't like it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I was once told by one of my male bosses, that they only hire certain women for fun so that they can have semi-hardons at work. Needless to say, I was shocked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join