It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the last taboes: women being envious of other women at work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl
reply to post by QueenofWeird

The women I've dealt with that are catty, bitchy, etc. have generally been from younger girls/women (18-22) who think I am their age also, therefore give me attitude, but once they find out that I'm older than them (Im 30), I actually notice them back off and begin to treat me differently, it's really strange. I've noticed this not only at work but in social settings also.

Not sure why this is so.

I know, I'm more talking about peers and older women....My question is how to handle these persons. As everything you might do is deemed wrong. That's why I love to work with men or a mixed group where bitchy behavior isn't tolerated. Most of the time I am dealing with men but what I think is so unjust is when having a job interview with a woman and the cattiness already starts THEN!!!!! Ok good riddance if they don't want me, but REALLY? Has the sexual revolution not worked in this department??? Were the suffragettes also b's?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by InTheLight

We are all capable of great good and of great evil. It doesn't really matter what you have between your legs, only what's between your ears.

EDIT: If I may add though, I have never had a male boss that went on severe power trips quite like the only female that I've ever worked under. But then again...she was a crane operator too and they're a "special" bunch
edit on 22/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

Hahaha! She's going to crack your nuts (assuming you're a man). Well I'd be also a bit afraid but it's NOTHING compared to the vitriol my thread is about. Just read the replies in the link I posted.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Aren't you interested in how to manipulate those reactions? I mean, unfortunately "they" (women that is
) exist and I have to cope with them. In the mean while I can't behave un-sexy because I am not!

Not particularly lol I go to work to earn money, not to play sociological games with my co-workers. I hate manipulation.

Yes! But you're not in a vacuum!

EDIT: love love that picture

edit on 23-6-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

All women that dare to do "men's jobs" are special people.

No everybody is special!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Ok doubt me and the replies in the link. Now I doubt you. See where this gets us?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Fascinating, your conclusion. As I don't flirt often at work, I am always pal-like to men. But I don't hide my assets, be it intellectual or otherwise. I wonder how you are at work towards so called "sluts". Mind you, indecent behavior is NOT ok at work, just like bullying isn't. And a whole host of other behaviors.

Women are women's worst enemies, I dare to say. Let me see what kind of reaction you and the other who feel the same as you have to say

Do you think I am a princess? Let me tell you a little story. At high school a bunch of nasty girls somehow thought that one's boyfriend was in to me (which I didn't know). They hurt me at pt, let me fall hard into the grass and so on. Nobody cared, including the teachers (which is a whole other story). One day I left the subway and one of that group also. We were standing at the front of the subway and when see noticed me she made a kick movement (and I was doing nothing). Now her leg was in the air and I grabbed it; having total control over her and her life. AHA! I looked at the rails and she understood what I was deliberating. I let her go and she left. Since then she never bothered me again, nor the others. She didn't even dare to look me in the eye again.

Isn't life interesting?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
A friend of mine is a workplace target of this kind of behavior, she is moving half way across the country to get away from it.

This girl is straight out of HS, not bad, not a party girl nothing, because she is thin, every male co-workers wife thinks she is messing with their man (or talking to). So much so, that she has been threatened.

One guy at work is autistic, he never talks to anyone, ever. His psycho wife, tapped on my window (my husband also works there) ranting about divorcing her husband, because of her. We live in a small town, and this 19 yr. old girl and her boyfriend of 4 yrs are picking up and leaving, because of these women. This girl is tired of being called a "whore" a "slut" while doing nothing to perpetuate that stereotype.

Women treat other women horrible sometimes.

I'm nice to everyone equally, but the minute a woman judges, or becomes catty, I avoid them like the plague., thats not my thing.
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

First off, nice woman in the picture. Is that you? Go to youtube for the docu Sluts. As to your friend......this sounds like a Stephen King story. He? I hope she and her boyfriend will be ok!

Yeah I also ignore them like the plague, the bubonic plague I might add

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
You ask how they treat me?

Well I am the youngest in the office so I am treated like a younger brother. Yeah, its not like they are fighting over me or anything.

But anyway, watching females interact with each other, there is so many underlying messages being sent within their words. I think that women tend to overthink things.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

lemons are sour
But I get you alright. I do love cosmetics a lot but also science a lot. And indeed female banter (who said what? did she? did he?) makes me want to detonate a bomb. One with a nice color, cause I'm a sucker for beauty. Let's say....pink. BANG!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
You ask how they treat me?

Well I am the youngest in the office so I am treated like a younger brother. Yeah, its not like they are fighting over me or anything.

But anyway, watching females interact with each other, there is so many underlying messages being sent within their words. I think that women tend to overthink things.

You're a man ok. And you are privy to that strange world composed of a majority of women.... Good luck to you! The other day I was at a temping agency, all women in their 20's/30's and two very young men. They looked scared
I had to wait for a while and in the middle of the large room containing most of the people and I felt I had entered Hell (with no handsome devil nowhere....at least that would have entertained me). The atmosphere was vile. So I observed the ones that were in my view. Things were all put under a layer of "nice"/just saying it to help you bla bla and the replies: oh yes I know (face like a thunder storm), thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It is! it's same as "analyzing". Most often it's a man that's being "analyzed". While he is doing something fun, she's stuck in obsessive thinking. What did he say? How? How did he look at her? Was I too [fill in].

I'm sorry, i thought i got a brain for thinking.

'Like' you know 'like' actually thinking......about the #ed up place we call our world, politics, about the upcoming holiday, about those strange sounds we talk about on ATS, about my brother living too far to visit and other stuff not including my weight (i am perfect) or men looking at females (i've got mine) etc.

Everything you just wrote tells a lot about YOU and you seem like a MTV generation, superficial young girl. I could be completely wrong of course but then please stop writing nonsense.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Fascinating, your conclusion. As I don't flirt often at work, I am always pal-like to men. But I don't hide my assets, be it intellectual or otherwise. I wonder how you are at work towards so called "sluts". Mind you, indecent behavior is NOT ok at work, just like bullying isn't. And a whole host of other behaviors.

Women are women's worst enemies, I dare to say. Let me see what kind of reaction you and the other who feel the same as you have to say

Do you think I am a princess? Let me tell you a little story. At high school a bunch of nasty girls somehow thought that one's boyfriend was in to me (which I didn't know). They hurt me at pt, let me fall hard into the grass and so on. Nobody cared, including the teachers (which is a whole other story). One day I left the subway and one of that group also. We were standing at the front of the subway and when see noticed me she made a kick movement (and I was doing nothing). Now her leg was in the air and I grabbed it; having total control over her and her life. AHA! I looked at the rails and she understood what I was deliberating. I let her go and she left. Since then she never bothered me again, nor the others. She didn't even dare to look me in the eye again.

Isn't life interesting?

My conclusion came from what you said..which was something to the effect of you enjoy being "sexual".

Ok, so you enjoy being sexual, that's who you are, but the work place isn't the place to 'enjoy" being sexual in my opinion, unless you work as an exotic dancer, or you model for pictures that require it.

You ask how I would be at work ,concerning women who display their cleavage, and flaunt their sexuality ? I would most likely feel pity for them , and would not resort to any type of bullying.

You may think women are women worst enemies, and that may be true in some cases, but I also think women can be women's best friend, and truly understand how a woman feels and thinks. I have stood up for women many times , warned them if I thought they were getting into a dangerous situation , and have appreciated the women who have had my back, in the workplace , as well as out in public.

As far as your "story", of how tough you can be, I'm not sure where that falls into this whole issue , but I guess you felt the need to share it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There should be a version of George T's song for prissy self-centered women getting a "real" job and in the workplace. Because they're out there. www.dirty-uk-phone-sex.co.uk/images/slutty-secretary.jpg

You have to fit office protocol.

Why?

Because your employer pays, YOU, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

I am talking about women who try to do jobs that are physically heavy or that women just usually don't want (crane operation, construction, anythng that has to do with heavy labour.) It's pretty obvious that I am jaded, as my experiences led me to what I am now. That is not in debate. Sometimes I don't even really understand why a woman would want a job like mine (wooden pallet repair and demolition) other than the fact that someone told them they couldn't. That's the issue I have with some women who try to do "man's work." It's called man's work because no woman in their right mind would ever want to do it lol. They have more sense than we do obviously, so why would they be caught in a job that nobody wants lol. It's like some women only try to go for jobs like that because someone along the line told them they couldn't. So the basis for that journey would be spite. Spite is not a healthy emotion and when someone conducts their entire career out of spite, it's not such a stretch to imagine that they may lose something along the way. Yes, my opinion is unfortunate, but it is for the most part, an educated one formed through personal experience.
edit on 23/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You need to read this> www.ehow.com...

In the workplace, women should appear just as professional and capable as their male counterparts. Part of doing this is wearing attire that is appropriate for business. Exactly what is appropriate varies, depending on your position and your company, but in general, business attire for women is formal and requires tailored or fitted clothes.

General source> www.ehow.com... You should read all of it an practice it.

Conservative dress codes promote general harmony in the workplace, bottom line, and the bottom line is what matters most to employers.

Get workplace educated and use commonsense.

Congress will never ever introduce legislation to protect the employment of women to dress like sluts in the workplace, so just deal with having to dress like Hilary Clinton, and not Cher.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply

Thats me in the pic.

I will definately check out docu-sluts

As for my friend, she will be better off, I rather see her happy then pulling threatening notes off her car, being harassed on fb and in publc, because someone is insecure.

I DESPISE the gossipy, he said, she said crap or the clicks. I feel exactly the same as you...Kaboom to all of it!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

What was the question again ... no i have no experience with envy on the work floor, directed towards me or the other way around. I guess you're not a 'people person' like moi

I think the "work world" is changing.

When I first entered the work world - - women could be fired for any reason. It was competitive in that a woman who had to work to support her family - - did what she had to do to keep her job.

Today women are protected - - and quality of work is recognized.

The office flirt today - - - almost looks silly.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
so just deal with having to dress like Hilary Clinton,

I gave you a star but now you're pushing it LilDude

In female terms, more Chanel less Versace.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Not really.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I was asked by my husband to be his semi-truck partner in his business. I did it to help him not to prove anything. The men I would meet along the road would either think I was a prostitute (when walking to the truck stop) or ask me why I drive a truck. Keep in mind this was quite a while back. After dealing with negative attitudes and laughing from men while I would untarp and unchain loads, I just replied "If a man can do it so can I". That shut them up. But I found that doing some jobs that are considered men's jobs does not jade you, it's the attitudes and reactions from the men.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join