It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the Sky: Travis Walton Update

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You sound like you have all the theoretical answers. Can you answer all the questions about God or what happens after we die too? How much research have you done on the subject? Before suggesting that these witnesses are lying or that visitation on this planet is an impossibility, maybe researching police witnesses, military witnesses and pilots experiences regarding UFO's will help enlighten you to the real probability that we are being visited. Maybe their increased credibility will help you digest the possibility that this can indeed be true. There has also been numerous multiple witnesses of sightings and abductions.

Nobody really knows what their intent is, and there's even a possibility there are more than one race visiting us according to numerous witnesses. To believe the universe contains only 1 planet with intelligent life is really closed minded.

We did at one time believe the sun revolved around the earth and the earth was flat. We also believed man could never fly. We know of no other physical sciences than what we have learned on this planet. We have no idea what physical properties lay beyond our own planet or solar system. We have just begun to find out that some of our science fiction fantasies are now becoming a reality.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

There isn't any specific reason stated online or on the forum about his leaving.

But I'm going to assume it was because he simply lacked the time to roam about ATS. It could also be that people were just heckling him out of genuine disbelief that it was actually him.

Also could be he got sick of reading ridiculous explanations for what he and his friends saw that night. I know that would make me sick. Seeing so many people trying to prove that something that he know for a fact happened would be quite a bummer if I don't say so myself.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by Furbs

I can't believe blind debunkers still try to deny this case. Even with all the evidence these "genius" skeptics still bury their heads in the sand.

I believe Travis Walton and for him to come on this site and defend his experience against the more vehement debunkers gave me a ton of respect for the guy.

Go pick something else to debunk. Because you CANNOT debunk this case. Good day.

Travis Walton claims he didn't eat for days and that he lost 10 lbs. Travis had no acetone in his urine after he was found. His claim is refuted by this one simple fact.

People here are claiming they think this is true because they didn't get any money for their story.. which again is just flat out wrong. They got 5,000 from the National Enquirer and split the prize money, this supplemented the money that they didn't get from finishing the job that they were behind schedual on before the alleged UFO experience.

The first polygraph tests showed signs of deception.

People that want to believe will believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

S&F for bringing this up
This case is at the forefront of the battle for truth. Its a pity that it takes so long to get further investigation and study. The treatment that Travis received here on ATS is shameful. If we look back on all threads were the opinion is based towards Believers of UFO/Alien life. An also include threads which are based towards god/angels/demons/religion most of ATS abuse comes from the so called middle of the road debunkers.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

They also became minor celebrities, at least on a local level. Travis has an active lecture gig going which is way we're talking about him now. Are we forgetting his lucrative book and movie deals?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You cannot answer polygraph questions after an abduction because you have no reality within which to ground the facts of the abduction that just you and your abductors experienced to the cumulative reality the rest of humanity shares.

If all of the facts of Travises abduction were accepted as facts then he would be validated and if he could fairly take the polygraph test,until then EVERY answer he gives will feel like a deception of some degree to he himself,preventing any type of accurate test.

I myself was abducted and feel validated by the internet data I have found,travis has had acess to the internet and many many field related groups and individuals,so by now he "should"feel validated.

,but it is a situation where he has experienced a reality that only a select group of others has experienced,now this number is in the millions but in terms of humanity it is a select group.

There are some interesting things in the story.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
You cannot answer polygraph questions after an abduction because you have no reality within which to ground the facts of the abduction that just you and your abductors experienced to the cumulative reality the rest of humanity shares.

If all of the facts of Travises abduction were accepted as facts then he would be validated and if he could fairly take the polygraph test,until then EVERY answer he gives will feel like a deception of some degree to he himself,preventing any type of accurate test.

I myself was abducted and feel validated by the internet data I have found,travis has had acess to the internet and many many field related groups and individuals,so by now he "should"feel validated.

,but it is a situation where he has experienced a reality that only a select group of others has experienced,now this number is in the millions but in terms of humanity it is a select group.

There are some interesting things in the story.

Fine, let's assume for a moment that that is true, that doesn't account for the other guy's showing deception. It also doesn't account for the missing acetone in his urine.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

Travis sold the rights to his book in order to make the movie. The movies butchered his point of view, and he currently only gets paid for his lecture tour, not very much I mind you, and the sale of his book, which is probably how he supports going around the country.

This also happened to George A. Romero and Stephen King.

On an interview given with UFOAZ, Travis himself states that if it were to happen again he would not come forward. He said, "I didn't come forward with his, by the time I returned, it was an international story and out of my hands. I never came forward at all...it was out of my hands." The link to that portion of the interview is HERE.

It's near the end of this clip around 7:30, it's very interesting to watch Mr. Walton recall this story. The interviewers also slam him with questions one after another which is good, I think, because if he was making these things up he may slip up and reveal the story to be BS, be he stays pretty on top of it. I have a lot of respect for the man.

If you have any looming skepticism, please, take the time and watch this interview.
edit on 6/20/2012 by CHIEF23 because: more info

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Just a tidbit about the Fire in The Sky Movie. Travis Walton on numerous interviews has stated that Hollywood embellished the scenes on the UFO. He said he repeatedly tried to talk them out of embellishing the scenes, but they were more interested in attracting people to see the movie and making money on the film.

I think it might have been a good move for the movie. His actual account, which includes a huge "warehouse" full of flying saucers and getting some help from a friendly blond Nordic alien would be very hard to do without it looking a little comical. We all know that real aliens are little creepy gray dudes, and not big, muscular guys who look like Thor.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by cripmeister

But why are there descriptions of the 'visitors', accompanied with sound?

Why are you not asleep for this 'sleeping disorder'?

So millions of people have a 'sleep disorder' in which they experience the exact same thing, and have common descriptions of the entities?

Auditory hallucinations are part of the condition. Your body is asleep i.e paralyzed but your mind is somewhere in between, you're sort of dreaming but you're awake. The descriptions of entities vary, many (if not most) people never see any entities they just feel a presence. I recommend you watch this series of videos on the condition.

Here's part 1 of 10

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You didn't really answer my question.

You posted this to Unity_99 7 minutes after I posted an intelligent and plausible rebuttal to your question; several, in fact. Are you cherry-picking which posts you respond to? Lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is not your usual alien abduction case. But then it is only one of a handful of famous cases mentioning abduction by aliens that occur before the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" was unleashed on the world. The Hills case being the other major case along with the Allagash story in the mid-1970s. Prior to that most stories were of humanoids landing in remote places to tell selected individuals of the damage we were doing with our pollution of the planet and how splitting the atom was leading us down a dangerous path to extinction.

Travis Walton portrays a story that is both similar to stories of abduction from the post Close Encounters era but also includes elements of the Nordic looking humanoids from an earlier age. There is no warning from the humanoids about impending doom for the earth nor does there seem to be any real conviction that he was experimented on. It is almost a real life transition point for popular culture to move from portraying aliens as "space brothers" to the more sinister alien greys who experiment and steal genetic material.

I have no idea whether aliens really do exist and visit this planet or not but one aspect of this case I find interesting is that Travis Walton is also willing to consider a theory that he may have been abducted because he was " almost killed" by the UFO when he ran up close to it. The occupants then decided they could re-build him and return him back fully functional. Maybe they did?

It is an interesting case and this thread has inspired me to watch "Fire in the Sky" for the first time in a couple of decades.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CHIEF23

Interesting video, thanks for linking it. Walton does represent himself very well in the interview. That could be from sincerity, or just a good performance. I guess like in most things, our confirmation bias tends to only register whatever supports our existing position.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by Reece
Here's a good interview of Travis where he explains everything in more detail and takes questions:

and I also want to add this interview of a woman who saw people very similar to what Travis saw:

This is one of those cases that I believe there really is something to it and not some money grab hoax.

So, Travis described also tall blonde humanoids and not only the grey and big-headed type that some other retellings of the case have claimed. Atleast, I seem to recall that one dramatisation of the event depicted only the grey type and no other, although it was some time ago now that I saw it.

In any case, have noticed the same thing in other cases aswell, were the actual beings in question have been humanoid, and yet a pic of a grey and big-headed alien have been shown during the retelling as a sor of all-covering example, which is damaging in regards of the serious UFO-research, as many that do not care to double-check the stories, are hence often being subjects to disinformation that they without question swallows and then very often also passes further on.

I have come to the conclusion that many people, although not all, thankfully, even within the UFO-community simply finds the human-looking ET so controversial and loaded, that some people simply prefers to censure it, and pretend that it doesn't exist as an actually reported being, in fear of being labeled racists, or something of the like, which, ironically makes, these persons exactly just that; racist.

Don't get me wrong; The grey type of alien is indeed truly being reported, but it is not, as many people believe, the only type. In fact, the humanoid type are actually in many places of the World even more reported.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

I have to disagree with the review of the first Youtube link. It's a horribly directed public access show where they can zoom in on the host with the eye patch but not Travis. They don't even get to him until 3 minutes into this 9 minute video. He "takes" questions from the panel but not from any sort of audience, and only really talks about the phone booth incident. People, don't waste your time if you are intrigued by this story and want more info. All I got from this is when Travis was in the phone booth he was wasn't naked and it wasn't raining.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
A question for you UFO'rs.

Why would UFO's be flying around and abducting people? To perform medical experiments? For fun?

Let me ask you this. If these guys arrived here from thousands of years ago, they would have studied this planet entirely, abducting cows and humans left and right. Why would they still do it now? Not only that, but why would they reveal themselves so easily?

If these UFO's are spotted everyday, that would mean they would have some secret alien base on the planet. (ok) Or, the moon is in fact their base. Or, they travel thousands of light years just to study the utters on a cow.

Maybe it's entertainment for them, watching us kill and rape each other. In fact, that's probably what it is. Some kind of Universal reality TV show where they show the dumbest species in the Universe.

Hey
Well, not sure if these are the questions you have on the subject (or if they are even serious questions..they should be though, Its good to remove the spirit of the questions and ask the same questions in a actual curiousity tone..then the questions become very interesting).

So, lets start then
Why would they do it now if they did it before?
That is indeed a fascinating question..if they do sample testing at one point, then again at a later point, then from what we do here on earth for sample testing is monitoring something. A change, a addition or subtraction, etc.
This leads to some profound speculation then...when did man go from cave dwelling ape to computer building smart ape? Are we synthetically becoming smarter? Perhaps they are monitoring some sort of generational cellular alteration based on a change in environment, or our foods, etc...
like sipping a bit on a big stew your cooking, maybe they are waiting to see how close we are to being done...

As far as base somewhere...well, it depends on the physics being used. But the world is a big place anyhow, so if they got some secret cave enterence at the bottom of the ocean or something, we wouldn't know...but still, who can say. Perhaps they just warp from the planet Zorg, do some testing, then pop off again...we smart apes are still pretty young and retarded in regards to knowledge..haven't even worked with subatomic particles yet, much less able to understand the nature of the universe.

And I personally believe any animal that can wonder and consider itself dumb is probably not dumb at all.

I am skeptical of the whole ET thing..I want to believe, but wont just automatically believe based on desire...but in saying that, I do understand what we are discussing is alien..and by definition, is at the moment at least unknowing..be it motivations, technology, etc. It is outside of our current rational (perhaps). Then again, perhaps they deem the ant population to be the intelligent creatures on earth and humans are these strange animals that keep relocating the resources verses work with the resources

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
A question for you UFO'rs.

Why would UFO's be flying around and abducting people? To perform medical experiments? For fun?

Following family lineage

Let me ask you this. If these guys arrived here from thousands of years ago, they would have studied this planet entirely, abducting cows and humans left and right. Why would they still do it now?

The planet is 4.54 billion years old. Domestic cows have only been around for 10-11,000 years. Since 2009, the domestic cow was the first animal to have it's entire genome mapped

Not only that, but why would they reveal themselves so easily?

Because who cares? You?

If these UFO's are spotted everyday, that would mean they would have some secret alien base on the planet. (ok) Or, the moon is in fact their base. Or, they travel thousands of light years just to study the utters on a cow.

That's quite an understatement.

FYI, cattle hemoglobin is similar to human's. A little something to think about

The Food and Drug Administration has approved the first American tests in humans of a purified blood product from cattle. If successful, the experiments could lead to safer and cheaper blood transfusions for accident victims, war casualties and hospital patients.

Source

Ok enough BS. I have asked these question repeatedly to ufo'rs with no response.

Responded

I think deep down, you know it's bull#. Just like a Christian knows the fairly tales in the bible are bull#.

The best part, of all channels to host the ancient alien show, it's the fing history channel.

Anyway I would like to hear your thoughts.

You haven't met many Christians have you? I would pay to see you say that in a church. Especially in a Southern church. The sad truth is, there is more evidence supporting ETs than there is God. Whilst Christians rely on faith, ufo believers rely on experience and/or supporting testimony.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

People here are claiming they think this is true because they didn't get any money for their story.. which again is just flat out wrong. They got 5,000 from the National Enquirer and split the prize money, this supplemented the money that they didn't get from finishing the job that they were behind schedual on before the alleged UFO experience.

Any extraordinary claim will attract media attention whether it's a hoax or a real experience. If you or I were involved in anything like this and the media asked for your story in exchange for money, you would be in the extreme minority not to accept it. Does it mean he's lying? Absolutely not. People need money to survive, its basic human survival to expect someone to accept money in exchange for something that he knew was the truth. There is no harm that he accepted the money. He didn't need to prove to anyone his experience was real. To split the money with his friends is understandable considering they were all a part of the experience.

Travis Walton claims he didn't eat for days and that he lost 10 lbs. Travis had no acetone in his urine after he was found. His claim is refuted by this one simple fact.

Again this was not an earth bound experience. How do you know if his feeling of dehydration wasn't caused by some other unknown affect that was intentionally used to sustain his life for 5 days outside the bounds of our planet or where ever he was at the time. There are people who have also experienced abductions that clearly state they are traveling at extremely high speeds, yet don't experience the physical affect of g-forces. So these people who say they're traveling at this speed and show no signs of broken blood vessels, so immediately we have to conclude they're lying?

If you would have thoroughly researched the incident, One of the workers, Dallas, admitted that he'd concealed a criminal record to obtain a job with Rogers, and feared this lie being exposed was the reason why he'd walked out of the polygraph exam. This was the reason his polygraph was deemed inconclusive. He later submitted to another polygraph and passed.

Even if you remove Dallas's polygraph results, you still have six other men who passed! The mathematical probability of that is really incredible. Seven men creating a hoax, yet they all pass a polygraph? To ignore that is just plain silly.

Skeptics will pick and choose segments of an incident to justify calling it a non-incident. You conveniently ignore the polygraph of the other 6 men. You ignore the statement of Deputy Sheriff Chuck Ellison who saw these men after the incident and said "if they were acting, they were awfully good at it." A statement like that from someone who personally witnessed the physical and emotional fear of (7) men in which two of them were in tears. Following the polygraph tests, Sheriff Gillespie accepted the UFO story, saying "There's no doubt they're telling the truth." These are two officials who put their reputation on the line. I think that alone holds a lot of weight. None of them have changed their stories even til this day.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Coming soon to a galaxy near you, Travis Walton: Live!
www.travis-walton.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

It's a mystery. We have no idea why they do what they do. Maybe its just research. We experiment on "lesser" creatures all the time.

I have seen UFOs. Never seen God. Many very qualified people has seen or had contact with unidentified craft. Pilots, astronauts, engineers etc. Govts of the world have recovered alien tech. There is no comparison between ufology and religion. It's just asinine that debunkers always try to compare belief in UFOs to faith in a invisible white haired deity.

Truth is something is going on. All evidence points toward ets. Bury your heads in the sand all you want. I prefer to keep an open mind. Good day.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by Furbs

I can't believe blind debunkers still try to deny this case. Even with all the evidence these "genius" skeptics still bury their heads in the sand.

I believe Travis Walton and for him to come on this site and defend his experience against the more vehement debunkers gave me a ton of respect for the guy.

Go pick something else to debunk. Because you CANNOT debunk this case. Good day.

Yes people will believe what they want no matter how much evidence points to the contrary. I believe you debunkers are scared of the truth. Your arguments are weak. Try again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join