It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the Sky: Travis Walton Update

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I can't believe blind debunkers still try to deny this case. Even with all the evidence these "genius" skeptics still bury their heads in the sand.

I believe Travis Walton and for him to come on this site and defend his experience against the more vehement debunkers gave me a ton of respect for the guy.

Go pick something else to debunk. Because you CANNOT debunk this case. Good day.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
how far have we come with our selective ignorance when we dont believe 5 men who dont have any reason to lie...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Problem Child came out in the same summer as Fire in the Sky. I was already terrified of Aliens back then thanks to Unsolved Mysteries and that horrible (as in it scared the crap out of me type horrible) show 'Sightings'. Me and my cousin had seen problem child two times. We would always bug my dad about seeing it; and then towards the end of the summer he told us that he had read the reviews and wanted to see Problem Child that day. We were so excited, until he walked up to the ticket booth and said

"3 for 'Fire in the Sky'".

looking back it was hilarious. I was probably crying like a little girl. but I was so effin scared. and thats my Fire in the Sky story

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
how far have we come with our selective ignorance when we dont believe 5 men who dont have any reason to lie...

The Skeptical camp say that the guys in the truck were victims of a hoax by Walton and his best mate Rogers.

* Properly primed with flying saucer talk by Walton and Rogers, with clever theatrics by the duo during the sighting/zapping, with Rogers whisking the crew away after but a few seconds exposure, it wouldn't have taken a "Day the Earth Stood Still" saucer to fool them.

Phil also ignores some very important testimony he obtained from witness Steve Pierce during a June 20th, 1978, tape-recorded telephone interview (a dub of which he kindly supplied me in early 1998), testimony which to my knowledge he's never revealed in any of his writings about the case:
Klass: What did you see?
Pierce: Uh, well, I thought it was something a deer hunter, you know, rigged up. You know, 'cause it was deer season, you know, so he could see. You know? And, uh, and, but I couldn't see the bottom or a top or sides, all's I could see was the front of it, you know. You couldn't tell if it had a bottom to it or, you know, or a back to it or anything...
Klass writes that Pierce told him that, on the day of the "UFO abduction," Walton did no work at all, claiming to be ill. During the afternoon, Mike Rogers disappeared from the work site for about two hours (perhaps to prepare the UFO light show). They usually left the work site about 4:00, according to Pierce, but on that day they remained until about 6:00, thus they were uncharacteristically driving home in the dark. If they drove home in daylight, the UFO light show would not be visible. Klass says that when he told Pierce that he believes Walton's story to be a hoax, Pierce replied, "Me too. If I could ever prove it was a hoax I'd damn sure do it." (Klass 1983, p. 221). .

Which suggests that Pflock's hypothesis is correct: the five woodcutters in the back of the truck were not perpetrators of a hoax, but its first five victims
badufos.blogspot.com.au...

for more on this side of the story look up Phillip Klaas, Waltons nemesis.
edit on 20-6-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Debunkers will use anything to debunk a case even if the explanation they give is stupid

as long as its debunked

As far as this case is concerned i think its true.Some people dont accept it

Its ok let them.We have democracy anyone can believe anything he likes

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Just a tidbit about the Fire in The Sky Movie. Travis Walton on numerous interviews has stated that Hollywood embellished the scenes on the UFO. He said he repeatedly tried to talk them out of embellishing the scenes, but they were more interested in attracting people to see the movie and making money on the film.

I've read a lot about this case, and I believe it is one of the strongest cases on record of a UFO sighting by numerous witnesses at close range and collaboration of an abduction.

A similar strong case if anyone is interested in researching is the The Allagash Abduction. That incident involved four men on a camping trip who were all eyewitnesses to a UFO and were all abducted at the same time.

I never had any problems believing the Travis Walton story -- to me it just had the ring of truth.

As for the movie, "Fire in the Sky," it's obvious they (the makers) "Hollywoodized" the story because the movie does not fully match TW's story. I can understand why Walton was upset with Hollywood. But Hollywood is always about the bottomline -- it's a business.

An accurate documentary by some unknown independent filmmaker probably would have gone unnoticed -- except by UFO buffs. That's assuming the filmmaker could even find funding.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Just so you know...

And in case you missed it, we interviewed Travis Walton on ATS Live, Show #28

You can hear the interview in the show archive here...

www.illustrial.net...

Just click on Show 28 to play it - it may take a moment to load.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think the Walton UFO case is a classic in ufology. I believe there is more evidence for it than against it.
I think the majority of ufologists share the same opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks for the link! I intend on listening to it the first chance I get!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Travis Walton himself was a member here at ATS. I am not sure if he is still visiting this forum or not, but it would be interesting to hear from him none the less.Personally, I believe the man's story. After all he has been through over the years as a result of this story, he would have to be the dumbest man alive if he actually made it up.

It states in his ATS profile that his last post was October 14, 2010 and his last visit was October 17, 2010. Does anyone know why he has stopped?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That movie scared me, too, but when I read his account, in his own words, it was nothing like the movie. His story sounds almost as if there were greys and Pleiadians working together, and they didn't really hurt him.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau

Check out the MUFON case file on the Walton story
www.mufon.com...
See page 325 for a possible reason to lie.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A question for you UFO'rs.

Why would UFO's be flying around and abducting people? To perform medical experiments? For fun?

Let me ask you this. If these guys arrived here from thousands of years ago, they would have studied this planet entirely, abducting cows and humans left and right. Why would they still do it now? Not only that, but why would they reveal themselves so easily?

If these UFO's are spotted everyday, that would mean they would have some secret alien base on the planet. (ok) Or, the moon is in fact their base. Or, they travel thousands of light years just to study the utters on a cow.

Maybe it's entertainment for them, watching us kill and rape each other. In fact, that's probably what it is. Some kind of Universal reality TV show where they show the dumbest species in the Universe.

Ok enough BS. I have asked these question repeatedly to ufo'rs with no response.

I think deep down, you know it's bull#. Just like a Christian knows the fairly tales in the bible are bull#.

The best part, of all channels to host the ancient alien show, it's the fing history channel.

Anyway I would like to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

To me (and I'm as big of a skeptic as anybody), the fact that he sticks to the story despite the lack of any tangible benefit is a fairly convincing piece of evidence that he's telling the truth. Think of the REALLY easy publicity/money this guy could gain if he popped up and claimed the whole thing was a fake.

Such a strange, strange story.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
I think that as far as any movie about UFO's .........Fire in the Sky, scared the living hell out of me!! I hope something comes out of this!

Apparently you haven't watched Night Skies. Compare to this, Fire in the Sky looks like child's play.

Second line...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

So Travis Walton and his 6 friends had their lives completely screwed up so the could POSSIBLY collect today's equivalent of $20,000 and split it 7 ways? Really?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Actually, there are a lot more reasons than some surface glimpse at ufology, earth history and the reason the world is in the state its in, and it really ties into the species that the mismanagers and want to be elites, belong.

Annanuki. Factions, splinter groups. Renegades. They are harvesting human dna and creating hybrids, very abused group. The one side thinks it is returning.

This has to do with earth cycles. Mar'duks group has greys abducting and doing DNA work and they often work with our own so called human black ops and militia. Our leaders, a certain faction of them, and bloodlines are serving that very negative side.

No species, race that abducts or creates hybrids is positive. Unless they have a universal reason that is accepted by counsel and the person is contributing willingly.

This relates very much to earth 's history, Enki/Enlil, the annanuki, the hijacked school, the various sides, who the dark hats on earth serve, and their ongoing war to lower the frequency of this planet and keep everyone asleep and enslaved generationally. So you don't pass the earth tests and graduate and move on, learning Love and Equality.

The dark side works overtime in people's lives to keep them in a state of dysnfunction and stress and unable to wake up, setting up situations in your family, in jobs/work. And direct the sail on global events such as wars, droughts, disasters like Fukushima.

Its about sides and they're in a frequency war.

Some of the groups are neutral or not serving that side, but still involved in harvesting out of other scientific agendas, as their own races follow orders more and they have a beehive unity. The kind the NWO bloodlines would like to impose on us, reduced free will.

So some are splinter groups.

In the Travis Walton case, this pleaidian couple worked with the greys and they fit into the splinter group, and their love has grown cool, they are not operating out of Love.

This group harvests, that is not loving. The operate in North America, and he's not the only one that has been accessed by them.

www.exopolitics.org...

edit on 20-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The thing is, earth is a school and our souls are being tested, to pass or fail. The leaders serving the dark side and negatives are working for you to fail.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I have never really been interested in UFO abduction scenarios, however, two cases that interest me are: 1) the Travis Walton case and 2) the Barney & Betty Hill case. The Walton case because of the sheer number of credible-appearing witnesses and the Hill case because of the significance of the Zeta Reticuli star map.

Why would UFO's be flying around and abducting people? To perform medical experiments? For fun?

My best answer, the same reason we conduct and perform scientific and medical experimentation on animals, including primates, rats, mice, etc. The study of disease, both old and new. Doctors experiment hopefully to find breakthrough treatments and cures. Even when studies fail, usually something new is learned and can be applied. There are ethical rules to follow when conducting human experimentation; it's doubtful aliens would also adhere to such rules when experimenting with humans. Ironically, the medical community might be farther ahead with treatment and management of certain diseases if ethics were removed from the equation. As unfortunate and inhumane as WWII Nazi human experimentation was, don't think for a minute society has not utilized and applied what was learned during those awful experiments. Let's say aliens have been studying us for thousands of years, there are certainly diseases in the human population that didn't exist then. Or existed then, that do not exist now. From an epidemiology perspective, there are countless reasons to study us. Some ufologists believe we have descended from alien DNA. If we share DNA with them, studying us would perhaps have significant medical ramifications for them. Looking at our closest relative, the chimp, we now know we share at least 95% of the same DNA, all the while there are significant physical differences between the species. And believe it or not, the number of genetic differences between chimps and humans is 10X smaller than the differences between rats and mice!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You didn't really answer my question. Fine they did DNA work, but why would they continue to do it? If these guys arrived here thousands of years ago, (and even made us) why would they continually abduct us for our DNA?

And where are they coming from? If these UFO's are spotted often, that would mean there would have to be some mothership hovering over earth. It just doesn't make any sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join