It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

I dislike immigrants because they drive down wages-- wages that are already a pittance compared to what individual work generates per hour.

Maybe you should dislike the American citizens that are hiring them at cut-rate wages.

Why dis-like the person that is just taking an opportunity that is offered so they can feed their family?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by The Sword

I often wonder if the people who complain about immigrants are motivated enough to actually work for what they want in life.

I honestly don't think so...which is the point of this thread.

They would rather just sit and complain that all their problems are the fault of "illegals". I honestly believe that they are scared of competetion...they just want all the hard working immigrants gone so they can go and slack off at their job and still get paid.

In large part, American's have lost the reputation of being hard workers...it's not because of "illegals"...it's because of the entitled mentality that some Americans have...they beleive they deserve a job or a good life just because they are American. They don't understand that they have to still work hard for that.

I can't agree with this point, rather I would say many Americans have at least subliminally figured out that working hard for money that constantly loses value is counterproductive. Most still do work when they can find it because there is no option, but their hearts aren't in it anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Your Saul Alinsky tactic of defining those that are here ILLEGALLY as just Immigrants is very very ignorant, and transparent at best.

No where has anyone stated that they are against Immigrants. The issue is those people that come here ILLEGALLY. Plain and simple.

I don't expect anything less from you, but will call you out on your BS every time I see it.
Your actions basically slap the face of Immigrants that Chose to come here LEGALLY.
You comparing the two shows your biased for the Admin, and is a disgusting insult.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Somehow, I doubt that my grandparents were as whiny about immigrants as some of the folks on here.

Back then, people didn't bitch and moan whenever others got opportunities. They went out and got similar or better opportunities!

If some of the whiny Americans on here would forget about pride and get off of their lazy asses to take the first job that comes down the pike, they would be a whole lot better off.

Exactly.

Some people are shocked that they might be expected to work all day out in the hot sun.

I see people on here complain that we are being invaded or they are destroying our culture...that's not the case...immigrants are just outworking people who were born here.

You are absolutely delusional. Do you even read the replies to your pots? Go back and read the replies. You are stating nearly word for word what have have said over and over and people have replied to over and over. Great you found someone who agrees with you finally. You guys go find a construction site and see if they will give you a job and then show us how its done please. Because the way I see it is that your not different than the rest of us. I dont see you out working for $4 p/hr somewhere busting your ass. Your on here posting. I would venture a guess that unless you live in your moms basement which is highly likely, you make more than that and would not work for that. I suspect your goal here is to see how long you can keep this argument going and that is why until this last post I have skipped right over your posts for about the last 10 pages or more. Its not worth my time to read your insanity any longer. I will just read the well thought out and factually backed up replies. They are much more informative.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Right, we shouldn't.

But historically those people have always embraced American culture. They wanted to speak English and be "American" in other ways while still honoring their culture and traditions at home.

I'm sorry..but that just isn't true.

Every group of immigrants that have come over have flocked together and kept their culture to a point. The Germans did it, the Irish did it, the Chinese did it, the Polish did it, the French did it...every group has done it. Why is it that now, first generation immigrants are supposed to drop all their culture and their language???

Why do Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Why does New Orleans celebrate Mardi Gras?

Maybe I have a different perspective of it because I am very familiar with large cities.

Chicago, to this day, still has a China Town...all signs in Chinese, most people speak Chinese. They have a Greek Town...same thing...signs in Greek...speaking in Greek. There is Little Village, which is all Mexican...and again it is all in Spanish. There are polish neighborhoods, Italian neighborhoods.

It is crazy to me that you think that immigrants used to come to America and immediately drop their culture and their language....their children and grandchildren may have...but to think that immigrants used to come here and not flock to their own and keep their traditions alive is just not true.

And please tell me...what is this "American culture" you are speaking of. I've asked many times...no one seems to be able to answer this question.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I dont see you out working for $4 p/hr somewhere busting your ass.

The difference is in how much that $4 p/h will buy in the US as opposed to how far it will go in Mexico.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And they came here LEGALLY. And our country could AFFORD to have them come at that time.
Now - We can not afford illegals. Period. They cost us hundreds of billions of dollars every year.
Those who come here legally do NOT cost us. Illegals do. Big difference.

And coming here LEGALLY used to mean hopping on a boat and signing your name when you got off.

So let's go back to our roots...and then you won't have to worry about "illegals".

But let me guess...you dont' support that either...you don't want the "illegals" here..but you also don't want to make it any easier for them to come here "legally".....right???

That seems a bit hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Maybe I have a different perspective of it because I am very familiar with large cities.

This explains everything right here. You have no idea about illegal immigrants. Large cities? They dont live in large cities. They live in the smaller cities and rural areas where they can work. Not saying that none of them live in large cities but the suburbs of my town are full of them and as I said they have taken over areas. They down flock to the downtown areas. They flock to where they can get cheap rent houses or apartments and to areas that might have new home construction or other small job sites they can work on. They also flock to commercial farming. That is not big cities.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

I, and I'm sure many others, agree 100% with this statement, however to people like the OP this could not possibly be a legitimate stance; there MUST be a racist motive behind this, because as you know liberals were endowed with the ability to read minds. I'm really sick and tired of people trying to make me feel guilty for wanting sensible immigration laws to be enforced.

Again with the racism...you do realize it is only the anti-immigration people bringing up race and racism right???

And you as well...if you are fine with "legal" immigrants...then do you support a system to make it easier for people to come here legally???

I'm betting you don't...because I really don't think your main problem is that they are "illegal"...I really think it is that you know immigrants of any kind will out work most Americans and so you and others want to keep their numbers low.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But let me guess...you dont' support that either...you don't want the "illegals" here..but you also don't want to make it any easier for them to come here "legally".....right???

OMG .. say that again! Say it really loud and in bold so when I throw it in your face
it will be all the sweeter. You ASSUME I don't want people coming here legally?

My fatherinlaw is here legally. Two of my neighbors, whom I really like, are here legally
MY OWN DAUGHTER IS HERE LEGALLY. We actually left thiscountry and went
to Bolivia to get her and bring her back here ... LEGALLY.

You are spewing partisan bunk.

Again .. the mods should close this thread. It's obviously useless.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

LOL we have American citizens getting groped by TSA because of post 9/11 and here you are saying let any ole stranger just hop a boat, sign their name come in freely and do whatever.

Are you mentally unstable or just trollin? Its hard to tell.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
But if illegals are taking jobs, that is breaking the law, so it does have to do with their illegal status. Maybe the illegals are the ones who think they are entitled.

No one is breaking the law by taking a job.

An employer may be breaking the law by hiring an "illegal" and paying them close to nothing for a wage...but the worker hasn't broken a law by taking the job.

Yes...it is a misdemenor to cross the border undocumented...but taking a job after that isn't a crime.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I dont see you out working for $4 p/hr somewhere busting your ass.

The difference is in how much that $4 p/h will buy in the US as opposed to how far it will go in Mexico.

Doesnt matter at all.. OP keeps claiming that we as Americans should adjust what we are willing to accept as pay and then work our ass off to keep up with the illegals. He has stated this many times in this thread. That we need to stop complaining about it and just get to work for that paltry wage and accept the competition. So it absolutely has to do with how much that will buy in the US. You are actually proving my point that "We" cant work for that because we cant afford to live on it. But "They" can because they are sending it home and it buys a lot more there. The playing field is not level and it has nothing to do with friendly competition.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Because they are breaking the law and being rewarded for their actions.
And on top of that, they are rewarded over those doing it the right way.

I bet you don't mind people cutting in lines, so long as they have a sob story and you let your emotional heart run your critical thinking.

They are rewarded...really??? Please explain that in detail.

I actually don't mind people cutting my in line...I'm a very patient person...if someone feels like they are in a rush and want to cut in line...more power to them. If anyone asked me if they could go in front of me, I would most likely let them.

I guess I'm just not as high strung as some people.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

No, not heartless. Unconstitutional.
And now those that oppose the circumventing of the Laws are now "Bastards".

It's unconstitutional to set enforcement policy and priorities???

Good luck with that one....because that is actually his job.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

...you do realize it is only the anti-immigration people bringing up race and racism right???

... you do realize that if you believe that then you haven't read this thread at all, right???
... you do realize that people are talking anti-ILLEGAL immigration and not just anti-immigration, right?

Oh you don't realize that? Perhaps you should go back and read the thread.

if you are fine with "legal" immigrants...then do you support a system to make it easier for people to come here legally?

You mean you want to throw wide open the gates and to all and let everyone come here even though our society and infrastructure can't deal with a massive influx of people? Hell no. That is economic disaster. Economics 101.

I'm betting you ..

You really should stop assuming and 'betting' what people think.
You get it wrong each and every time.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

What I do HATE is when in public, they start yammering in a different language. If I were to go live in a country where English wasn't the official language, I'd a) learn the language, and b) use it in public (if for nothing else than the practice). To me, it's just rude otherwise, the equivalent of whispering behind someone's back.

It's no more rude than two people 10 feet away from you having a private conversation that you can't hear.

Why do you care what they are saying...they are having a private conversation...it shouldn't bother you at all.

I think I would advise you not to visit any of our large cities that have a very diverse population...you may not like all the different languages you hear being used on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by St0mP121

sorry man but your way way way off. thats not the case AT ALL. I can tell you dont live here in the states. and if you do its under some rock someplace. has very little to do with competitions for jobs. has everything to do with them braking the law and getting away with it. and in alot of cases being rewarded for doing so.. we have had alot of people coming here and killing people and robbing people only to see them eather deported back to there home with no punishment or totally let off the hook. now let me ask you this. If say im not sure where your from but say you live in spain and some people came over from Algeria and killed your wife/brother mother/dad you would expect that person to be brought to justice but instead sense they are allowed to brake the laws and not follow any of your laws next week the person that killed your wife is walking around bragging how he snuffed some biotch in your country. and works his way back in with in days
Now if you cant understand that then your to young to even get a clue

Yes, I live in the United States.

And where do you get the idea that "illegals" are immune to laws. "illegals" are arressted and prosecuted just like anyone else if they murder someone...where are you getting that if they kill someone they are just simply deported???

This is just more demonization...fear mongering...propaganda to get more people to hate "illegals"...because you know...they murder people and brag about it...and they don't even get punished for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Entering the country illegally is a FELONY Idiot.

No, it's not.

A repeate offense can be...but simply entering the country illegally is not a felony.

We have I have proven this to you and so have others. Why do you continue to lie? Its a flat out blatant lie that you keep telling and you just keep on going with it. Its been proven. I have shown you the law in its entirety. You now have ZERO credibility. You are knowingly just flat out lying to try and prove your point and its ridiculous. You are hoping that not everyone here read the other thread where we established this lie. Its not a misdemeanor. IT IS A FELONY. A FEDERAL OFFENSE.

Might want to look in the mirror there buddy.

And please stop spewing the same crap. People can come here for a better life but they need to do it legally. We dont have unlimited resources or space. We have always had a immigration process. Even back when we stood for the Land of Opportunity. What do you think Ellis Island was all about? Grow up and stop being so naive.

They do come here for a better life...and apparently they have more determination than some Americans do, because they actually get off their ass, cross a desert, and actively seek that better life.

They don't just sit on the internet and cry that they can't find a job...you know...because they are entitled to one and one should just jump into their lap.

I love how you say "Even back when we stood for the Land of Opportunity"....very revealing that you don't believe our country stands for that anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Because they are breaking the law and being rewarded for their actions.
And on top of that, they are rewarded over those doing it the right way.

I bet you don't mind people cutting in lines, so long as they have a sob story and you let your emotional heart run your critical thinking.

They are rewarded...really??? Please explain that in detail.

I actually don't mind people cutting my in line...I'm a very patient person...if someone feels like they are in a rush and want to cut in line...more power to them. If anyone asked me if they could go in front of me, I would most likely let them.

I guess I'm just not as high strung as some people.

They are rewarded with staying here. Your willful ignorance is sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join