It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

hmmm, your global viewpoint vs my global viewpoint ???
and, they're different how exactly ?

In case you hadn't noticed, your arguments find their root in racist circles, nazi circles, KKK circles.
and yours are rooted in what ?? segregation, slavery, kool-aid and genocide ??
where are the differences ??

no offense intended, but i find nothing about the Constitution (as it was ratified) racist, nazi-ish or fraternal, do you?
as an American, i accept responsibility for my country and will defend her against all enemies, foreign or domestic as long as i shall live.
it is a duty i accept willingly and no pseudo-authority is gonna change it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

and yours are rooted in what ?? segregation, slavery, kool-aid and genocide ??

IN RESEARCH. In not taking a side but observing the side from a human point of view. In looking at economic structures. I mean, have you ever taken a look at the percentage of non-American people graduating from universities? Obviously not! Have you ever listened to people who have researched these themes thoroughly and people who don't just shout: "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT" while foaming at the mouth?

YOU HAVE TO CHALLENGE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS. And especially the thoughts that other people put in there. Why do they take that stance? Where did they learn their arguments from? Who set up the immigrant-research bureaus? ALL QUESTIONS YOU HAVE NOT ASKED YOURSELF YET.

And you expect me to be civil to you when you don't even give a single one of the hundreds of millions of immigrants the courtesy to research your opinion before you formulate it? That's hypocritical.

no offense intended, but i find nothing about the Constitution (as it was ratified) racist, nazi-ish or fraternal, do you?
as an American, i accept responsibility for my country and will defend her against all enemies, foreign or domestic as long as i shall live.
it is a duty i accept willingly and no pseudo-authority is gonna change it.

Bla bla bla bla bla, it's like listening to an indoctrinated bible thumping preacher.

If you CANNOT think for yourself, do not BOTHER replying to me.

If your constitution is worth more to you than the life of one innocent person who happens to be an illegal immigrant, a legal immigrant or a purple alien...then you should probably wipe your behind with said constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

research ?? statistics aren't research, they are manipulated story-telling (ie, fantasy), nothing more. if you have any real research (you know, those facts unattainable by the public), that reflects the whole story, please share some links.

you can't and don't because none exist.

you really don't understand the US Constitution, do you?
i don't need it to care for another human. i don't need it to know my rights as a human.
i really don't need it as you seem to think, however, it serves a much greater purpose than you can comprehend apparently.

why would you pit paper vs human anyway ??
that is both pointless and invalid.

have i ever listened to ppl who have researched these issues ??
not lately, why bother, they don't have all the facts necessary to make a valid conclusion.
i've been following this nonsense since before affirmative action, after the 86'amnesty, all through the refugee migrations, defections, political assylums and various other excuses issued to bill the population for the ills of everyone else.
so yes, i'm well aware of how it did work, how it does work and what the ultimate goal is, are you?

how do you know what questions i've asked or answered?
you're a bit full of yourself aren't ya?

i could be wrong here, but i believe i've been researching the economic effects of the illegal influx of immigrants over the past 20+yrs for more years than you are old, but that's just a gut feeling.

i assure you, the 3 million that participated in amnesty were only a small drop in the bucket compared to those
choosing to stay, illegally.
and what's worse is that was then, this is now and some 20 million and counting aren't even courteous enough to do it for themselves and of their own accord or Obama wouldn't need to extend his option to age 30.

imho, IF they wanted to be Americans legally, they would have done something about it by age 20.

edit to add: here's another thing ... the students so many seem concerned about (those out of high school), if they accepted financial aid specific to foreigners, they should be deported immediately.
why ?? because they knew exactly what they were doing regarding breaking the law and because they are adults. punish them accordingly.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by paganini

reply to post by Indigo5

Did the Italians, Irish and Chinese sneak across the border???

I can't seem to recall that......................

edit on 19-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

Actually many did. For exampleThe derogatory slur for Italians ,wop stood for "with out papers" due to the fact many of them came here illegally.

And they were sneaking across the southern border? Or just came before Ellis Island was operational?

They were coming from a variety of different locations. Further today...

"There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegal immigrants in the U.S.; 30,000 of them are thought to live in New York City. "

www.latimes.com...

Illegal is Illegal, no matter what heritage or ethnic background.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
attention racists :

there are more asians immigrating to the US than mexicans now

please adjust your stero-types and hate accordingly

thank you

Illegally migrating, or Legally migrating????

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by macman

Why don't you try posting in a manner where you DON'T insult entire groups of people based on what YOU think they stand for?

Why is that liberals always have to run from the fire and rocks here and yet, their conservative peers get off scot-free?

Because it is insulting as a whole that Liberals not only believe that because they "Care" that they walk on water, but that circumventing the Laws and Constitution is ok, so long as you are "helping" someone. That is insulting.

I will post in what ever manner I see fit, and you can as well. This alone demonstrates your mindset vs. mine. You come from on high telling me to act a certain way. I could care less how you act, it is your choice.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by The Sword

Why is that liberals always have to run from the fire and rocks here and yet, their conservative peers get off scot-free?

One group has intelligence and can be expected to know better...

while the rest of these racist dumb asses are lucky enough to breathe.

It pisses me off though, because they get away with so much racist diatribe - hidden or not, while using the word idiot gets my posts removed.

Yep, racist dumb asses because we want the law enforced. Sure sure then, sure sure.

Everyone knows that the last card you have left in the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT debate is "Racist".
That is it. You have nothing else.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Believer101

Lets see, Doctors offices where I was denied receptionist jobs because I didn't speak Spanish, McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Olive Garden. Hell, I was even denied a job as one of those damn tellemarketers because I didn't speak Spanish. I could go on, but what's the point? You're just going to flip everything I say anyways.

So you don't have the skills to complete the tasks of the job.

That is your own fault...improve yourself and learn a job skill.

Don't cry about it and blame others for your own failure.

This right here is plain trolling. There is no way that someone could actually believe this. You are simply finding any way you can to fault others. Learn a job skill? You said it yourself that those kinds of jobs are starter jobs, it's unskilled work. Yet somehow he is at fault for "only" speaking the language that 80% of the population speaks?

Absolutely amazing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
attention racists :

there are more asians immigrating to the US than mexicans now

please adjust your stero-types and hate accordingly

thank you

Yes call everyone racist. How is that working for you? You realize the irony of you telling us to adjust our stereo Types when you just walked in and stereo typed everyone on this thread as racist when you clearly didnt read the title, nor have you even read this thread. Were not talking about Immigrants. Were talking about "illegal immigrants". I would venture a guess, and its just a guess mind you, that there are MANY more illigal immigrants coming across the southern border than across the Asian border. I assume we border asia because you brought that up. Right? I dont think anyone has said that every one of them is Mexican and in fact I think we have established that some are not however the vast majority are and statistics already show that by 2030 spanish births will out number american births in this country. If you want to join the discussion and argue facts feel free but dont call us all racist which Mexican is not a race. It is a country.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

These people are devoid of any kind of intellectual thought and intelligent reasoning. They only care about putting people down.

:shk: look in the mirror.

This thread should be closed. The OPs statement that Americans are jealous of illegals and that's why they hate them was disproven on the first page. All that is going on is mud flinging and the typical playing the race card by those who have lost the discussion. That .. and a whole lotta' 'warning bait' ...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These people are devoid of any kind of intellectual thought and intelligent reasoning. They only care about putting people down.

:shk: look in the mirror.

This thread should be closed. The OPs statement that Americans are jealous of illegals and that's why they hate them was disproven on the first page. All that is going on is mud flinging and the typical playing the race card by those who have lost the discussion. That .. and a whole lotta' 'warning bait' ...

I totally agree. It's one thing to have a rational discussion regarding differences of opinion, in which both sides explore and examine not just the other perspective, but their own as well. And then there's what everyone is having right now, which is clearly not constructive.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BreeAnna00
post removed by staff

Um...false story.

www.snopes.com...

Why don't you take your racist chain emails somewhere else.

Ignorance at it's finest...you are on the internet to post this trash...take 2 seconds to verify if it is true or not.

But maybe you are too LAZY to do that.

edit on Wed Jun 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

reply to post by jheated5

Well employers wrote the law and influence congress to pass them so that they can make higher profits.. They are above the law unfortunately so this is why it has to be stopped at the individual level

That's just dumb.

You are going to excuse the people hiring them and paying them illegally low wages...and you are going to place all the blame on those trying for a better life for themselves and their family.

You aren't going to stop it at the individual level...it is a dumb approach...it's like trying to arrest all the drug users to stop the drug dealers.

Your hate seems to run so deep that you are willing to ignore the core of the problem just to continue to hate a group of people wanting a better life.

Sure these big wigs are the boogey men too but the blame is equal because the illegal immigrants are knowingly breaking the law on a individual level much like a thief,...

You can't place the blame on the guys upstairs they share equal amount of the blame.. They both are exploiting America at the expensive of it's people non is more guilty than the other.....

What big wigs...you seem to think huge corporations are the ones hiring illegals...it is small business, farms and small contractors that do the majority of the illegal hiring.

I don't think you are going to find a lot of "illegals" working for low wages in a Ford plant.

What are you talking about??? I worked in a warehouse with a ton of illegals and I talked with a younger kid working there and he told me exactly how everything worked, so this is first hand knowledge I didn't just make this stuff up......

Sure we got paychecks and there was barely any taxes out at all, I saw it with my own eyes! They might have paid taxes on Social Security by using a fake number, again this is fraud and illegal also, they already jumped the border, why stop at breaking just one law????

What people are not thinking about here. is that you can manipulate your taxes and claim max dependents and have very little taken out of your check. Especially if your using fake numbers and have no fear of being audited. Also was shown this little tid bit of information this morning. Dont really want to start a new thread with it but interesting none the less.

www.wthr.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

In my book...anyone who is willing to risk their lives and work hard to provide for their family deserve praise.

So a guy risking his life to hold up a gas station or rob a bank or that does anything illegal for the intent of providing for their family deserves praise? Please..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

In my book...anyone who is willing to risk their lives and work hard to provide for their family deserve praise.

So a guy risking his life to hold up a gas station or rob a bank or that does anything illegal for the intent of providing for their family deserves praise? Please..

Oh no...OS has stated before that they comparison is ridiculous in nature. Because, you know...........It is different and such.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Im still waiting for Outkast or his allies to address this or can they?

Ok so hypocritically speaking lets say you wake up tomm as good ole president of the USA. You also have all of congress in your back pocket both dems and reps and they would do anything you wanted them to do, pass any bill or declaration.

I assume you would get on worldwide TV while also dropping flyers across all 3rd world countrys that dont have telecommunications, that say:

If you wanna come to America now is your chance, everyone is welcome regardless. All we ask is you sign in and work hard. Also since we wanna be fair if you are not on the NA continent and cant stroll over like our southern neighbors we will also come pick you up. After all we wanna be fair to everyone in the world!

Lets say that within the next week you have 2.5 billion people ready to come to America.

So you'd let them all in and allow America to become like the country they are leaving? Third world, broke, hungry etc??

I mean this might sound like a dumb hypothetical scenario BUT it is what you are suggesting is it not?

I mean you are not saying Mexicans are better than the starving children of Ethiopia are you? Im sure they would work their hands to the bone to get a chance to live here as well.

See how idiotic this sounds? Everyone who wants to come to America cant. Its impossible!! So we have to set rules and regulations on who can come. If we let everyone who wants to come in the country would crumble.

Unless of course you are the racist and saying Mexicans are better than the poor saps in Malawi etc?

Everyone has to be treated equal, the guy who can cross the border south of us shouldn't get a free pass cause he lives in Mexico, after all their are countrys in far worse shape that have citizens who cant just stroll on over.

What about them? What makes Jose any better than them? Hopefully you have enough sense to know we cant let everyone who wants to come to America come here. So why does Jose get this privilege and no one else?
edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Oh no...OS has stated before that they comparison is ridiculous in nature. Because, you know...........It is different and such.

Oh I know but now he has opened that door back up by saying that anyone risking their life to provide for their family should be praised. Which includes all sorts of crime.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I often wonder if the people who complain about immigrants are motivated enough to actually work for what they want in life.

I honestly don't think so...which is the point of this thread.

They would rather just sit and complain that all their problems are the fault of "illegals". I honestly believe that they are scared of competetion...they just want all the hard working immigrants gone so they can go and slack off at their job and still get paid.

In large part, American's have lost the reputation of being hard workers...it's not because of "illegals"...it's because of the entitled mentality that some Americans have...they beleive they deserve a job or a good life just because they are American. They don't understand that they have to still work hard for that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Somehow, I doubt that my grandparents were as whiny about immigrants as some of the folks on here.

Back then, people didn't bitch and moan whenever others got opportunities. They went out and got similar or better opportunities!

If some of the whiny Americans on here would forget about pride and get off of their lazy asses to take the first job that comes down the pike, they would be a whole lot better off.

Exactly.

Some people are shocked that they might be expected to work all day out in the hot sun.

I see people on here complain that we are being invaded or they are destroying our culture...that's not the case...immigrants are just outworking people who were born here.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

As an American who is an "immigrant" to a foreign country I see similar things. Often in any country the immigrants work harder than the average native of any country. Maybe because they had the drive, balls, where-with-all or brains to leave their country of origin - where ever that may have been.

The fact that immigrants have already moved to a foriegn country to take a low paying job shows that they already have more determination than the people who are complaining that they can't find a job in their own country.

People make excuses as to why they can't take certain jobs...the hours are bad, it's hard work, the pay is too low, I might have to travel, the job is in a different state....excuses, excuses, excuses.

The immigrant is just happy to have a job..any job...and they will work hard at that job because they feel grateful for that job...not entitled to that job.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join