It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And there is your problem. I dont think anyone here has said they are anti-immigrant. They have said they are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. There is a difference. But you are too busy throwing around off topic personal insults to be able to see that.

Same nonsense. One is just a cover word for racists. Suit yourself, you know I'm right.

I don't care. They are illegal. They suck hundreds of billions from our economy. It's just that simple.

Your country would COLLAPSE were it not for immigrants and illegal immigrants. You still don't care? Why doesn't that just show how limited your knowledge is about economics? I think it does. I also think it shows that you are just talking from your racist rear because, if your nation would collapse without them - and you are arguing that you want them gone because they suck money off your system, then you've just shown us your racist self.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You know what? This isn't worth it.
edit on 20/6/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
just to follow up, i don't mean to say that illegals all live in vans, but it was more of a worst type of situation that does happen even with white people. the point is the worst examples will accept poor temporary living conditions just as a way to get by since they don't plan on staying long unless their entire family is here and the worst examples are obviously so rampant that it's warranting the discussion.

Then you have the La Raza ones that are on a personal military conquest type of mindset to take over because they think (not saying all are not) they are related to the Los Aztecas race and are just as bad as the KKK in some cases.

You have these blatant examples of "threats to society" but they will pull someone over sooner for having a pro-gun bumper sticker than someone that has a La Raza bumper sticker. The fact that crime is accepted if your a "poor illegal immigrant" but not if you do something as harmless as smoking marijuana is ridiculous, especially when they originally "cracked down" on marijuana as a way to get at the LEGAL hispanic workers.

I'm far from a racist, i hate them because they are prime examples of detriments to society, but so are Illegal immigrants.

Immigration founded this country and i'm all for Immigration reform, but the fact that the only immigration reform the most "famous" elected officials want to pass is Mass Amnesty, then we won't be getting anywhere because it would still take way too long because they are too used to the Pros of being an undocumented worker with an unlimited amount of time to give. Guaranteed the businesses who use illegals would not be fully on board with that either because they would have to pay their newly legal workers the legal status, which would disable THEIR ability to cheat the system.

So, until we have an ability to do something about this, we can only continue to argue and bicker, because the stereotypes on both ends will continue to exist. I just thought i'd give a little more insight

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

ENTITLEMENT vs DETERMINATION

how about "Legal vs Illegal"?

can you go to Mexico & buy land?

I don't hear you complaining about Mexico's laws regarding foreigners...

we should @ least hold their citizens to the same standards right?

without being called lazy..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

ENTITLEMENT vs DETERMINATION

how about "Legal vs Illegal"?

can you go to Mexico & buy land?

I don't hear you complaining about Mexico's laws regarding foreigners...

we should @ least hold their citizens to the same standards right?

without being called lazy..

Has mexico dealt arms in your country? Has its secret service dealt drugs in your country? Has mexico destabilized the us or has the us destabilized mexico? See, until you get rid of that ignorance you'll just be seen as ignorant.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

not sure why you feel the need to validate my thought process but thanks anyway.
didn't really need to read through all the fluff to get to the point.

you claim ... it boils down to determination vs entitlement.
i agree. what's your problem with that ??

the determination of the criminal vs the entitlement to protection from said criminals.
it's a pretty basic concept without all the emotional misdirections and attachments.

actually, in this sanctuary city, (do you know what those are?) at the end of the day, it's the illegals who are roaming the streets looking for something to steal. it's the illegals who are gathering on the corners awaiting someone to mug. it's the illegals who are depriving many hard-working Americans of sleep.
at the end of the day, this American deserves some peace ... and quiet would be nice but whatever.

reply to this post by OutKast Searcher

you have a problem with the phrase "these people" ??
would you prefer "these criminals" ?? cause that's what they are.
you complain about labels, you complain about generalizations, you complain about neutral vocabulary, is there anything you don't complain about ??

tax fraud and identity theft are not the fault of any employer unless they are participating.
nice try, but the origin of the crime lies with the criminal.

cool, at least we agree both sides are gutless wonders

your facts are missing a few important factors
1) American patriotism
2) the 2nd amendment

if both are exercised simultaneously, the problem will cease to exist.
i never said there wouldn't be collateral or comprehensive damage but American graciousness only goes so far.

hahahahahaha, Americans don't have those jobs because they are already occupied or are you arguing for the sake of arguing ??

now you're just being obstinent.
America has always been America from the first map i've ever seen.
if this is a trick question ... as in the days of pangea, of course not.

Will America still be "America" if it's borders are changed???
i suppose that is yet to be detemined, isn't it?
there are already borders to define N and S America, why would a new border present any confusion?

my comprehension or lack thereof does not impact your failed attempt at an abstract concept.
borders exist for many reasons, your choice to dismiss them is no fault of mine.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I love all the typical liberal responses in this thread.

"Racist!"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

you really had to go here, didn't ya ?? well ok then, i'll bite.

I love how you are trying to make you and other Americans the "victim" in this scenario.
no need to create what already exists but thanks for noticing.

Are you the one being exploited by companies to work for less money?
yep, sure are ... for decades now, see any service industry for examples.

Are you the one that has to risk their life in order to feed their family?
considering workplace violence, street violence encountered on the way to work and the school violence which distracts me at work, creating the potential for injury, yeppers it's a risk every single day.
ps: none of this was an issue 30yrs ago.

Are you the one that is labeled as a drug dealer, rapist, disease ridden, criminal?
depends on the circumstances but occasionally, sure ... ask the teachers who have been proven innocent of charges levied against them.

Do you suffer from a hate campaign so that when somone (like people in this thread) see a certain type of person speaking a different language, they immediately assume they are "illegal"...and you know....most likely a drug dealer and rapist?
every time i post any neutral opinion, i'm accused of everything under the sun, does that make it so ??

Yes...you are such the victim
again, thanks for noticing

perhaps but i would suggest you do your own homework.
start with that American guy (you know, the terrorist) who was eliminated rather deported.
although no longer exercised, many draft dodgers were stripped of their citizenship.
citizens (not illegals) who have been convicted of treason are eligible to have their citizenship revoked.

where in the hell do you deport them to ?
that's not my decision to make.
one guy went 6ft under, a whole bunch went to Canada, some went to the Caymans and others, ask them, some are still alive.

so, let me get this straight ... treason is not a "crime" ???
when did that happen?
waging war against the citizens is not treason ??
(before you say it isn't war ... if i went to another country and plundered every city within reach, would i be engaging in war against those citizens?)

you assume wrong, i was around during the Reagan anmesty fiasco, were you?
if you think that has been any benefit to this country, you'd be mistaken.

3 million then is 1/4 the projected numbers currently, why should we compound the injury exponentially ??
Obamas plan is a joke. he isn't even offering a "stay" but you take it anyway you want it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It's not the job of doctors and nurses to check legal status
you're correct, it's not their job, it's their duty as American citizens.

not care if they are legal or not.
so, why do you pick and choose what they care about ?
shouldn't that be their decision ??

as for the 14th, it should be amended so citizenship is granted to persons born of 2 US citizens only. all others are "resident aliens" until naturalized of their own choosing.

i can accept your heartless douche comment but i'll raise you one Annie Oakley, this is America ya know?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal". -OS

Yes, that is because Immigrants arent illegal.

Illegal Immigrants however-are.

At least get the headline correct. Then you can have a logical debate.

=)

-And someone needs to work on their mod duties on this thread. Wow.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You can't use the opinion of two people to form an opinion about 100 people, let alone 1000 people.

Nor can you use those examples you listed, unless you can back them up. Otherwise, they're just hearsay.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2012 by mrballistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join