It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 36
56
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by TheTardis
 



Again. You obviously dont live anywhere near these people you speak of. They have taken over large sections of the suburbs and THEY put spanish all over the small businesses and shops they have opened. The fly their flag on their cars, out in front of their shops, all over the mobile restaurants they open. There are no companies involved here. And if you go to that area of town and try to go into one of said shops, you will need to speaks spanish. Again, you dont know what you are talking about and you obviously dont live where there is any sort of immigrant population.


So...now not only are "illegals" taking low paying manual labor jobs...they now have businesses.



It's not illegal to speak a different language..it's not illegal to have signs in different languages.

And even if English became the "official" language...it still wouldn't be illegal for those stores to have those signs or for people to speak the language. All it would mean is that government documents are only legally required to be in English. It actually would do nothing.

Maybe you should just learn Spanish...broaden your horizons and improve yourself by learning a second language.


I'd also advise you not to ever visit a large city...and god forbid you ever find yourself in an authentic Chinese restaurant...your head might explode.


Im about done with this thread. Your removing the original post and only showing the response so you can take it out of context completely and turn it around to try and make yourself look good. I never said it was illegal to speak Spanish. Not once and not even close. And yes they do have business. The word ownership is a bit loose though and I didnt say that. And I should not have to learn a second language to live in my own country. And I did take Spanish in school so quit acting like you know me. I have NO PROBLEM with LEGAL immigrants. Stop assuming. Stop putting words in peoples mouths and stop making assumptions. Your the problem with this whole system and this whole thread. And your obviously in the vast minority here.




posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck
 



The implication that immigration was a right was the only way the post made sense.




Correction...it was the only way you could respond without sounding like a hypocrite.

He asked a very straight forward question...and you dodged it...just like you have been dodging mine.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
If someone can't find a job...that is their problem...not the problem of someone who is willing to work harder, longer, and for less pay. Anyone can go and do exactly what they are doing...but most Americans feel too entitlted to do the jobs immigrants do.


Your naivete borders on criminal. I've seen people in Cambodia, living in abject poverty, on about 60 cents a day. So you seriously suggest that Americans need to downgrade to that level? Really?

I've seen your arguments and they are nonsense. Why is it exactly that Americans need to be subject to "harder, longer, and for less pay work"???? Is this what you like in the society, that it bleeds you dry? I guess your Utopia is based on actual slavery. Enough said.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 



Hey Outkast? Let me ask you this question. Look at the people who are United States citizens living on the border who are fearing for their lives, while Janet Napolitano and Obama allow these criminals coming across our borders to endanger LEGAL Americans who pay taxes and live in this country.........."What in the hell is being done to protect our own citizens while this political grab ass game is going on in this country??????


I think you are confusing drug cartels with immigrants looking for work.

But that is so you can continue to demonize them.


Please show me where I have defended drug cartels.


You sit on your high horse and try to act like a great humanitarian right? Well, why don't you buckle up and go down tthere and see what your fellow Americans, (who are living in fear) are going thru and then come back and spew your nonsense about how we should just open our borders up and allow all of these hard working people come into our country to replace those of us who are to LAZY to work????


If we made it easier for them to come in legally...they wouldn't have to be crossing illegally on any of these peoples land.

So let's do it...let's get them all to go through a border checkpoint by making it really easy for them to enter legally.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


You're spinning a broken record.

NO ONE listens to that point and instead, people take out their hatred/frustrations on illegals and even legals in some cases.

Hell, refugees get # from the locals despite the fact that the locals crowd the court dockets/crime stories, not the other way around!
edit on 19-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)


It's amazing to me that people won't place the blame on the American citizens who are hiring the "illegals".

But if they did that...they couldn't demonize the immigrants and spread the hate that they want to.


Oooh.. Demonizing. Here I will use it a bunch of times just for you. Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, Demonizing, .. Good lord.. your a broken record with that. God forbid we think someone doing something illegal is a criminal. If I am demonizing someone for being a criminal then so be it. Jesus.. Do you think you are scaring us by using that word over and and over rather than calling us Racists like you usually do? They are here Illegally and I dont for one second believe that anyone here is ok with the Americans who hire them. But you dont want to hear that do you? They are just as guilty and we have laws in place to fine them too. Why dont you call up your buddy Barry and ask him why he isnt doing more about that and about the illegals? But the name calling is just sillly and saying we are Demonizing them? They are ILLEGAL they are COMMITTING CRIMES. What more needs to be said?



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
It has nothing to do with prejudice, and everything to do with the screwy way our federal government cherry-picks what laws to enforce. It has nothing to do with hatred, and everything to do with people here who are here illegally, taking jobs away from people who are here legally.

There are thousands of people here legally, who went through all the proper channels and waited their turn. Sure, everybody comes here for "a better life", but does that desire erase the fact that they are breaking our sovereign laws and flaunting it in our faces?


Well said, and... repeated on ATS a thousand times. It is beyond me that anyone can disagree with a plain statement like this.


Yes, its a fair statement, however people who come here illegally aren't loaded down with tons of paperwork and documentation and laws like naturalized citizens, whether they were born here or immigrated legally. Therefore, being unencoumbered by tons of restrictive documentation, they are freer than the rest of us. Complaining about that seems like a misery loves company kind of thought process so load 'em down with paperwork or they're not legitimate like us. Why don't we try to get free like they are? Unthinkable.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 


He is too far down the rabbit hole. His opinion is rooted in the Liberal Ideals that anyone who does not want ILLEGALS to stay here have to be racist, and his defense proves it.

He can't backtrack, the only thing for him is to either keep pushing forward with the BS or leave the thread.

OS is an Open Borders person, and very well could be of the mindset that the West needs to be returned to Mexico.

Oh well, at least the person he is backing up (0bama) just showed his butt to the world in calling on Executive Order to hide Holder and the actions of Fast and Furious.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by TheTardis
 



if I read these laws correctly that you are so quick to try and turn into a misdemeanor. Committing other crimes while here Illegally pretty quickly puts this into Felony status. Doesnt it?


No, you did not read the laws correctly...not a surprise.

I would try to explain it to you...but I honestly dont' think you have the capacity to understand it.


Ahh.. More personal attacks. Thank you for showing everyone your character.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by krakenpit
 



I have a son. I must provide for my son no matter what.


And so do "illegals".

I would think you would be able to relate to them instead of hate them.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by krakenpit
 



I have a son. I must provide for my son no matter what.


And so do "illegals".

I would think you would be able to relate to them instead of hate them.


ILLEGALS are not the responsibility of the American Citizen or Govt.

All the US Citizens that are Criminals have families as well.
I am more concerned with their families then that of ILLEGALS....



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind
 



4-race card,
5-race card,


Please show me where I have used "the race card".

You aren't the first one to accuse me of it...all the others failed to show where I have brought up race at all...so please...show me.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Jedimind
 



4-race card,
5-race card,


Please show me where I have used "the race card".

You aren't the first one to accuse me of it...all the others failed to show where I have brought up race at all...so please...show me.


You do realize you can call someone a racist without actually saying the word right?



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theinfernal
 



Holy crap I cant believe this thread! illegal is ILLEGAL. It doesnt matter where theyre from. Illegal is ILLEGAL. I am NOT scared of competition if it is LEGAL.


If you aren't scared of the competition...then I'm sure you support a policy to make it much easier for people to come here legally.

Then there will be no "illegal" issue and they will be documented workers so companies can't hire them for low wages.

So...do you support that???



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher


Oh please...the jobs they "illegals" are usually in are low skill labor jobs. And everyone, "illegal" or American citizen, start in those jobs with no training.



You chastised a guy earlier when he spoke about not being able to get a job at a McDonalds because he didn't know Spanish. McDonalds is a pretty low skill job, one that that particular US citizen couldn't get.


Then maybe that is a sign that even our "low skilled" jobs now require more skill to be able to do them.

This is a good thing...it means our society is becoming more skilled.

So either keep up with it...or fail.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The immigrants are more driven, harder working, and in a lot of cases smarter than these American citizens who are complaining about them.


Some are. Definately. I'd gladly trade some welfare sucking Americans to Mexico in order to get the family-type illegals here who work their butts off.

However, others are violent criminals and lots of others are into drug gangs

ALL of them .. no matter how hard working they are or aren't ... are sucking on the american economy. Arizona, New Mexico and Southern California spend BILLIONS of tax dollars on illegals through free medical care, free education, and law enforcement because of the Mexican gangs and drug running.

If you had said 'some' illegal immigrants are more driven, harder working, etc etc .. I would have agreed with you fully. But you made a blanket statement and the facts speak against it.



most americans on welfare are white.

By the numbers. But thats playing statistics games so that's neither here nor there.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger
 



We are NOT a nation of illegal border crossers who came here from the "Old Country" only to hang up their native flag


Have you ever seen a St. Patrick's day parade and all the Irish flags being waved??

How about an Oktoberfest celebration and all the German flags???

Do you hate those people too???


If you think illegals get jobs now because of their skills, knowledge and experience, you are naive. All things being equal, an English-speaking, legitimate citizen is going to have the advantage every time.


Then let's make them all legal and make it easy for anyone to come here legally.

If they stand no chance against "legitimate citizens"...let's do it.





posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89
 



I see what you mean, but what you are counting on here is that once they gain citizenship that they will be picked over another citizen. Right now they are hiring illegals because they work for cheap, not necessarily harder, but cheaper. If that same illegal gained citizenship, then there would be no advantage for them over the other citizen for the employer to hire them. They'd have to pay them the same amount, plus probably deal with a language barrier and possibly literacy issues. If they have to pay them a full wage, that's going to look very unattractive, and the other citizen will end up getting the job. Once this cycle happens a handful of times, that now legal citizen would probably end up on some kind of assistance because they do not have the skills necessary for a real, above the table job.


Then for those worried about them stealing jobs...all the more reason to make them "legal"...right?

You are saying that if they are legal and have to be paid the same as American workers...that they won't have an advantage and won't get the jobs.

And yet...people are hesitant to make them legal or make legal entry legal. So that is what brings me to my point...they are simply scared of the competition.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by WelcomeToMyMachine

Crossing the Rio Grande? Hey, I've seen it. In most places we wouldn't call it a respectable ditch here. I wade through deeper going to my car after a good rain.

Days in the desert? Most of the areas are not that unpopulated. You basically have huge ranches along most of the border... dry, yes, but with water sources. How do I know? A friend told me... the friend who cannot even go to his ranch anymore because there's a price on his head and several illegals have tried to collect already. He lost his best friend and ranch foreman to an illegal a few years back. He's lost several more ranch hands since.
Yeah, give me some more sob stories...
TheRedneck


Ive seen it too and you expect hundreds of mexicans to drown in a ditch as you call it.

I lived in Arizona for a year, I dont ned a friend to tell me theirs ranches sey up all over the border because its not true, I have been to the border and outside the cities theirs no ranches set up, thats just stupid. Its hell out their and you expect hundreds of little ranches to be setout in the middle of nowhere surrounded be +100 heat? Yeah I dont think so.


Sob stories? Its obvious you just hate mexicans. Ypu dont deserve a chance here, your so horribly cold torward mexicans its ridiculous. I dont understand why this country has disguisting human beings like you, instead of having hardworking understand people. Yeah, I said it. I dont care what you have to say everything you post is just full of lies and hatred. I hope one day when you need someone no one helps you except and illegal migrant, and then we will see how much you dislike our people.
edit on 20-6-2012 by WelcomeToMyMachine because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Morgenstern89
 



I see what you mean, but what you are counting on here is that once they gain citizenship that they will be picked over another citizen. Right now they are hiring illegals because they work for cheap, not necessarily harder, but cheaper. If that same illegal gained citizenship, then there would be no advantage for them over the other citizen for the employer to hire them. They'd have to pay them the same amount, plus probably deal with a language barrier and possibly literacy issues. If they have to pay them a full wage, that's going to look very unattractive, and the other citizen will end up getting the job. Once this cycle happens a handful of times, that now legal citizen would probably end up on some kind of assistance because they do not have the skills necessary for a real, above the table job.



Then for those worried about them stealing jobs...all the more reason to make them "legal"...right?

You are saying that if they are legal and have to be paid the same as American workers...that they won't have an advantage and won't get the jobs.

And yet...people are hesitant to make them legal or make legal entry legal. So that is what brings me to my point...they are simply scared of the competition.


Do you think that just because they are legal means they wont still work under the table? And wont still send money back to their home countries? Do you actually believe the stuff you are saying? Making them legal gets votes, nothing more. No one is scared of competition and until you can somehow prove that stop saying it. You have said it 50 times and 50 people have said your wrong.
edit on 20-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WelcomeToMyMachine

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by WelcomeToMyMachine

Crossing the Rio Grande? Hey, I've seen it. In most places we wouldn't call it a respectable ditch here. I wade through deeper going to my car after a good rain.

Days in the desert? Most of the areas are not that unpopulated. You basically have huge ranches along most of the border... dry, yes, but with water sources. How do I know? A friend told me... the friend who cannot even go to his ranch anymore because there's a price on his head and several illegals have tried to collect already. He lost his best friend and ranch foreman to an illegal a few years back. He's lost several more ranch hands since.
Yeah, give me some more sob stories...
TheRedneck


Ive seen it too and you expect hundreds of mexicans to drown in a ditch as you call it.

I lived in Arizona for a year, I dont ned a friend to tell me theirs ranches sey up all over the border because its not true, I have been to the border and outside the cities theirs no ranches set up, thats just stupid. Its hell out their and you expect hundreds of little ranches to be setout in the middle of nowhere surrounded be +100 heat? Yeah I dont think so.


Sob stories? Its obvious you just hate mexicans. Ypu dont deserve a chance here, your so horribly cold torward mexicans its ridiculous. I dont understand why this country has disguisting human beings like you, instead of having hardworking understand people. Yeah, I said it. I dont care what you have to say everything you post is just full of lies and hatred. I hope one day when you need someone no one helps you except and illegal migrant, and then we will see how much you dislike our people.
edit on 20-6-2012 by WelcomeToMyMachine because: (no reason given)


If we Americans hate you so much as its so horrible here then why are you here? You seem to be very Anti American juts as OS is. I am thinking with the low post count your probably just another account OS set up anyway to help prove his weak point. But you seem to have such a grasp of what America is all about.




top topics



 
56
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

log in

join