It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm not buying into this assertion that Americans fear immigrants.

I have no issue with legal immigration. I do have an issue with illegal immigration and anchor babies.
In California, the illegal immigrants cost the taxpayers of the state about 10 billion dollars per year. I think that it's time to stop funding people who come here illegally.

Also, we here in the US need to revise our immigration policy. We no longer have a manufacturing base. We do not need unskilled labor. Our new motto should be send us your best and brightest.

I do support legal immigration and I do not fear immigrants. I think that is just a made up justification to marginalize people who are upset with the costs of illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Also, we here in the US need to revise our immigration policy. We no longer have a manufacturing base. We do not need unskilled labor. Our new motto should be send us your best and brightest.

Mexicans coming to the US is because of NAFTA. That's why so much of our manufacturing left the US and why so many Mexicans were forced out of their own country to come here for decent paying work. Do some research for gawd's sake.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I've read more about the immigration issue then most folks here on ATS.

Don't be so snippy.

Mexicans come here to have babies. If you have a baby in the US, the baby is a citizen. The family then immediately qualifies for welfare. That costs the taxpayers about $1600 per month in welfare benefits for the family.

When the baby reaches the age of 18, he/she can apply to have her parents come here legally since the 18 year old is a citizen.

It's not always about jobs. Right now, it's about free money if you have a kid here. It's time to end welfare for non-citizens.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

I've read more about the immigration issue then most folks here on ATS.

Don't be so snippy.

Mexicans come here to have babies. If you have a baby in the US, the baby is a citizen. The family then immediately qualifies for welfare. That costs the taxpayers about $1600 per month in welfare benefits for the family.

When the baby reaches the age of 18, he/she can apply to have her parents come here legally since the 18 year old is a citizen.

It's not always about jobs. Right now, it's about free money if you have a kid here. It's time to end welfare for non-citizens.

Ya know the interesting thing about Americans is how they always seem to find the easiest ways to blame someone else for their problems. And with the helpful media out there to lead the way, that's always easy enough to do because they always supply you with "reading material". Bill Clinton, Janet Reno and a few other bigwig corporations did this to you, but media isn't going to tell you the truth and you can't do anything about that anyway, so they give you an easy target to shoot at. Good work.

I'm not being snippy, I'm just tired of lazy easy way out people getting it wrong every time.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'm only blaming our government for creating a situation where illegal immigrants can sign up for benefits.

If I were in their shoes, I'd probably do the same thing.

I support immigration, I just think that the entire system needs to be revised so we support legal immigration of people who have skills and end the immigration of people who won't be able to be part of the economy.

We don't need people who don't have skills.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

There are many things wrong with this country, illegal immigration is but one. Their are illegal immigrants that come here and abuse the system why turn a blind eye to FACTS?
edit on 20-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
[
Oh, I love this one...I'm surprised it took so long for someone to pull it out.

You do know there is a difference between public and private property...right?

For any American citizen that says they are proud for the freedome the United States represents...that they are proud for living in the best country on eary...for anyone who says this and then says to others "But not you...this is for us only...not you"....is a hypocrite.

So in other words when it comes to you personally you shouldn't have to share your home/wealth etc. with anyone because its private, but the United States collectively is not to own private property?

Public property means that is to be used by the collective of the legal citizens of that country. In a way its like private property that every legal citizen in the US has the right to use. Why shouldn't the US government have the same right to have property that they own as you do?

To claim this somehow makes me anti freedom is ridiculous. In other words, if I am not for anarchy and no private property rights of a sovereign nation then I can not believe in freedom. Yeah ok.

You can say what you want about me, but your the one who wants the country to allow anyone in, but you won't do it in your own home. You say these people should be praised for there hard work and thats all that matters, and then you admit your lazier than them. Then by all rights they should have your property and possessions even if its not legal.

Why does it being your private property matter? Every argument you make as to why it would be ok for them to be here because of how good they are would also apply to them having your private property.

You want everyone else to pay up and help people as long as it doesn't affect you. Well mister "people shouldn't have entitlements just because they were born here", you are on a computer. Why not spend the time and money you use on that and other non essential things on feeding the poor of the world?

Oh right. You think that these problems need to be fixed by the government, but you yourself have no personal responsibility to do anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

I'm only blaming our government for creating a situation where illegal immigrants can sign up for benefits.

If I were in their shoes, I'd probably do the same thing.

I support immigration, I just think that the entire system needs to be revised so we support legal immigration of people who have skills and end the immigration of people who won't be able to be part of the economy.

We don't need people who don't have skills.

Let me put it this way ~ if your a/c stops working, you won't get it going again by putting in a new filter, whatever parts are broken will have to be repaired or replaced. NAFTA is our broken part and nothing in either Mexico's or the US's economy will ever work again unless and until we either repair or replace that broken part.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Public property means that is to be used by the collective of the legal citizens of that country. In a way its like private property that every legal citizen in the US has the right to use. Why shouldn't the US government have the same right to have property that they own as you do?

Good premise but it doesn't work that way in practice. The US govt does own property and they may CALL them public lands, but the public has to PAY for a PERMIT to use that property and only in a way prescribed by the real owners. That isn't the public and it isn't a right.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by Grambler

Good premise but it doesn't work that way in practice. The US govt does own property and they may CALL them public lands, but the public has to PAY for a PERMIT to use that property and only in a way prescribed by the real owners. That isn't the public and it isn't a right.

Oh and that so called "Public" in the event they get lucky and do cross in a spot where they are on public land is controlled by the United States Corps of Engineers. That makes it property of the united states of America, not international soil or just free for all land. It still has regulations on it such as hunting and fishing regulations and if I remember correctly it has usage regulations which I doubt include squatting by illegal immigrants. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Since you hate your fellow countrymen so much why dont you hop on a boat and leave?

People like you that support a invasion, cause yes thats what millions who border cross illegally are (invaders). Well people like you are a traitor to your own country as far as im concerned.

Why dont you shut your trap and put your money where your mouth is and go wait at the border and take in a family of invaders?!? Go ahead what are you waiting for?
edit on 19-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

Who said I hate my fellow countrymen???

And as far as I am concerned, I'm just trying to hold up the principles of the land of the free and the land of opportunity.

You can call me a traitor all you want...I don't mind...I don't need to hate others because they disagree with me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
THIS.................

Originally posted by Alxandro
now they are just allowed to simply walk in and turn this country into the country they are leaving behind.

THIS.................

now they are just allowed to simply walk in and turn this country into the country they are leaving behind.

THIS.................

Legal immigrants are different, they are the kind of people we want and need to join our society.
edit on 20-6-2012 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You forgot to mention that immigrants keep wages depressed in states that have lots of immigrants. That is not the immigrants fault though. That is the fault of the RACISTS who think it is OK to pay a brown skinned man less money than they pay a white skinned man. If you would pay a white skinned man a certain wage to pick your potatoes, run your bulldozer, frame your houses, trim your trees etc., then you should pay the brown skinned man the same wage. Especially if he is working harder for it.

The brown skinned man isn't getting paid less because he has brown skin. He's getting paid less because he'll accept less, and because beggars (criminals who are here illegally) cannot be choosers.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by groingrinder

I always hear about how illegals can't get benefits because they don't have an SS number. I worked with a girl who I found out later was illegal, and she bragged one day that she and her friends could get a new SS number any time they wanted, and if they got caught they'd just get a new one.

I had my Social Security number stolen by an illegal immigrant out of Texas.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
What I am saying is that I, my family, my ancestors, my neighbors... we have all worked long and hard to create this country. Do you really believe it just sprang into existence out of nothing? Since we have put all the work into it, I believe we should get some of the rewards of that labor. I dug a pool and am enjoying swimming in it. Those who did not dig the pool get to use it as long as there's room left; they do not get to run me out of it.

Mexico has all the same advantages that America has, save apparently one: the determination and willingness to sacrifice of their people. If they were so industrious and determined as you say, why is Mexico a third-world country?

BINGO!!!

Through the last three centuries, my ancestors have been building this country, and fighting and dying for this country. What were the illegal immigrants ancestors doing in that time?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benoit84
I'm so glad this topic has been brought up. I agree with you 100% OutKast! I would like to thank the poster who mentioned the fact that illegal aliens are nothing but scapegoats...for MUCH bigger issues. My boyfriends uncle has been waiting 12 years for his wife and kids greencards to be approved. Does it really need to be so difficult for immigrants to get here legally? No wonder so many take chances crossing illegally... I have no doubt in my mind that if the government did make it easier and immigrants were able to all flood in legally as opposed to illegally, many people would STILL complain about it. "How dare these people come here and steal our jobs!!!" Doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal. It's about people thinking their entitled to things first because their ancesters have been here longer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The United States is under absolutely no obligation to allow any immigrants in, legal or illegal.

If the majority of American voters really had their way, all illegal immigrants would be deported to this homelands, and the boarder would be secured.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

Yeah, and we'd be paying $5 for a tomato, and $300 for an average hotel room.

Not to mention lawn service.

While a bit tongue-in-cheek, it's actually a lot more true than funny...

Without illegal labor, prices in certain industries that employ them would skyrocket (as they passed higher labor costs onto the consumer)....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

Yes hypocrisy is fun I am curious what percentage of US citizens have at least one discrepancy on their driving records. Reckless driving, DUI/DWI, speeding in a school zone, etc. US citizens disregard the law and put fellow citizens in danger constantly. How many US citizens routinely drive drunk? I know several people who do. There is plenty of evidence that drunk driving presents a real danger, yet I have not heard a peep from people demanding legislation to crack down on drunk driving.
Where are all the threads to demonize drunk driving...?

Good point...why not hate those drunk bastards.

And you know...people how are drunk sometimes murder people and rape people...so from now on...whenever I see someone drinking a beer, I am going to give them a dirty look and call them a rapist.

That's logical...right?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

Mexico then needs to let America take over the country they can't handle it are ridden with
corruption even at the local level,the drug lords rule them with all the denero.
f they can't run a country let someone who can do it AMERICA can.

I'm fine with Mexico becoming part of the United States.

I'm surprised you are as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by buddhasystem

He is too far down the rabbit hole. His opinion is rooted in the Liberal Ideals that anyone who does not want ILLEGALS to stay here have to be racist, and his defense proves it.

You are really painting with a very broad brush here. I doubt that Liberals as a group are eager to see uncontrolled immigration into the US. Some of them do it, but there are also repubs that are pro-immigration, which really dilutes your point.

OS is an Open Borders person, and very well could be of the mindset that the West needs to be returned to Mexico.

Well there are crazies like that out there, and this is sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join