It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After three minutes, just shut up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by argentus

I think everyone deserves the rite to heard, to not listen is rude.

Have to disagree with ya on that one. To not listen means the speaker is BORING, or just isn't saying anything that I'm interested in. I hate when I've given all the body language hints that I don't want to hear anymore, and the person keeps on talking.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If it's that bad, be rude and just walk away if you can't muster the testosterone nessiccary to be an man and tell someone to just shut up. Maybe it's the other way around for you IDK?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Yea for all you know I could be this guy? So you want to shoot me cause you just can't own up and tell the guy to just Buzz off? I know if someone who I didn't like or didn't like what he or she said I would make sure I would let them know of my dissatisfaction with them, instead of secretly wanting to "Shoot them"
Hey just like I am saying to you now. I don't like you and your thread? Well it sucks too.

Edit to add: I would add you to my most annoying person thread but I think that would be against ATS T.O.S. Yea just like your wanting to shoot people like me comment should be against T.O.S.
edit on 16-6-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

Sorry Proob, we lost a connection somewhere. If you can't tell the difference between lighthearted chat and a threat (that was never made) then our three minutes are up.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

If it's that bad, be rude and just walk away if you can't muster the testosterone nessiccary to be an man and tell someone to just shut up. Maybe it's the other way around for you IDK?

Okay, as per your instructions, shut up.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Some of us gain patience and tolerance as we age; others not. It would be really boring if we all relagated ourselves to a timed exchange, no?

I would guess that much has to do with a person's work environment -- you have a bunch of people around you talking all the time, then I suppose that would get a tad tiring. To a large extent, I don't think that [most] people were intended to live vertically stacked and closed in with each other. I can take cities for a few hours, and then I'm overloaded with frenzied input.

All too soon it's all over, right? Then we're quiet for good, and can only hope that we've said the important things we always meant to.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Lucky you! I'm developing an electric shock collar for people. Your wonderful thread has given me the brilliant idea of adding a three minute timer to my beta model. Oh Happy Day...this will open all kinds of doors for me in the marketing dept.

Schools. large corporate offices with cubicle environments...and the biggest ripe markets of all...Telemarketers and Politicians...I'll be rich I tell you. Stinkin' rich....

Being a fair minded person. I'll of course, have my guru call your guru, to set up a meeting to offer you a cut of the profits....it's only fair.

Des
edit on 16-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

That's a great idea. Let me know when you ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Hey, get this thing off me!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Man I hear you. Some people just babble on and on. I think they just like to hear the sound of their own voice. Most of the time I just zone out and go into "uh huh" mode. Uh huh, yeah, uh huh really? Yeah uh huh. LoL

So true for me right there.

Goes in one ear and out the other.

ROFL

Then when you tell them to shut up, they comeback with, I am just trying to hold a conversation. Well, I'm not a conversational person. Speak to the wall.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think you guys just need to chill and listen to your fellow [hu]man once in a while. Sometimes it can really make a difference. Listening goes such a long way with people because of the jerks who refuse to listen for selfish reasons like: "3 minutes is too much time to devote to another person because it doesn't serve me!"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by jiggerj

Some of us gain patience and tolerance as we age; others not. It would be really boring if we all relagated ourselves to a timed exchange, no?

I would guess that much has to do with a person's work environment -- you have a bunch of people around you talking all the time, then I suppose that would get a tad tiring. To a large extent, I don't think that [most] people were intended to live vertically stacked and closed in with each other. I can take cities for a few hours, and then I'm overloaded with frenzied input.

All too soon it's all over, right? Then we're quiet for good, and can only hope that we've said the important things we always meant to.

Like I said, there are conversations where the topic isn't really about the topic. Rather, it's about an underlying message, such as 'I love you'.

THEN, there are other conversations that don't make sense, or that shouldn't even take place. So many times total strangers have asked me for a smoke. What should happen is, I give them a smoke, they say thank you, and go on their merry way. Doesn't happen. All of a sudden these strangers (full grown adults) are telling me about how their mother lives a thousand miles away, owns a condo... BANG!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Dude I listen to it everyday non-stop. She has been doing better at though. I'll give her that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I do too. I work in customer service and some people seem to think it's free therapy. And it can get very exhausting. But you know what? I've been told more often than not "Hey, thanks for listening to my problems. It really helped to get this off my chest."

And that makes it all worth it.

They are the wise who remain silent and listen.

Edit: I'm starting to think OP is really just a grumpy, old man

edit on 16-6-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not talking about customer service. I'm talking about living with one.

I don't mind listening, but non-stop does get to be a little too much. Sometimes.

Like my ear is about to fall off.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Patience, Manhater, Patience! And the best part is..there is no reward for your patience. Just good ole fashioned brotherhood/ sisterhood.

It builds character and hopefully will mellow you out for the real problems in life.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
I think you guys just need to chill and listen to your fellow [hu]man once in a while. Sometimes it can really make a difference. Listening goes such a long way with people because of the jerks who refuse to listen for selfish reasons like: "3 minutes is too much time to devote to another person because it doesn't serve me!"

And there are some people that never developed a brain filter to stop them from verbally vomiting all over everyone. These people's mommies showered them with never-ending attention, so that when these kids grew up they had the idea that everyone should cling to their every word. "Hi, I quit school in the tenth grade and I have a lot to say!"
Umm,
no,
you
don't.
edit on 6/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I have a lot of patience. But there does come a time where you just want to scream

ENOUGH.........Make the world stop right then in there in 5 minutes of stand still silent mode.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think it's more likely that people just need to divulge information because of their personal insecurity. They're probably hurting in some way. So, what? Just listen for a few minutes, be polite, and tell them a few cliches like "things'll get better with a positive attitude."

You never know what good it'll do for others and yourself.

Anyway, my 3 minutes with this thread are up!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Edit: I'm starting to think OP is really just a grumpy, old man

Wow, you should be a detective!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Dang, you exposed my totally obvious pun!
Anyway, on a lighter note..I do often enjoy reading your posts, JiggerJ..even if I seldom agree with them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Patience, Manhater, Patience! And the best part is..there is no reward for your patience. Just good ole fashioned brotherhood/ sisterhood.

It builds character and hopefully will mellow you out for the real problems in life.

Orrrrr, you can tell them to have something to say!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join