It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After three minutes, just shut up.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Bone75
You sound communiphobic.

Seek help!

I was thinking the same thing.

Either that or spends time around the most boring and uninspiring individuals.

I remember many all night discussion, exciting and lively debates with brilliant minds as much fun as any TV show, golf game or sport you do with your mouth shut.

It is sad that stimulative discourse and intelligent conversation has become something to be spurned and avoided.

I think the point is that it is VERY difficult to find people who are passionate about what he/I/you are passionate about. The average person is a bore. A very recent example: we had some friends over last week for dinner. The men were doing the man thing in the man cave and we women were in my dining room. I had the choice of speaking with them about A) Gossip about friends and their kids who werent present B) how "blacks" are ruining our town C) What one of the newlyweds present and her husband did at the lake in party cove. The mental pic of 2 50 yr old people .. one topless with 50 yr old boobs.. among 20-somethings just isnt what Id call a stimulating conversation.

Thats what I got from the OP anyway... the babble. Being sick of the babble.

Exactly!

Once in a while it's okay to dumb yourself down just to interact with people. But, every day???
(A whiny->)Noooooo. It's truly exhausting.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join