It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

That makes absolutely no sense, that's like someone from California saying "I do not come from the US, I am not "American". I come from California, and I am....erm...Californish".

Yep they do. Ask a Texan how he feels, or an Alaskan how he feels. Regionalism is very strong in the US, not that it matters to you.

Oh, the term is "Californian".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I do respect your opinion but your opinion does not make it fact.

The facts are that if you’re nationality is English then you must be a citizen of the UK.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
You started it. You could have been polite, you didn't want to. You didn't even hide your colours. Fool.

Now I'm rolling.... I wish you could hear the laughter... it's quite contagious really. It's kind of like a rolling chuckle that starts in the belly and just flows out in a continuous stream.

So glad to have made you my puppet.... so easy to control your emotions.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Citybig

The facts are that if you’re nationality is English then you must be a citizen of the UK.

Bet you wouldn't say that to a scottish nationalist, or a welsh nationalist, only because I am English and proud to be so.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by LUXUS

Call it retribution for over three hundred years of British colonisation.

Well done, you've earned my ''idiotic post of the month award'' for saying that the people of today are somehow responsible for people's actions of the past.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

You started it. You could have been polite, you didn't want to. You didn't even hide your colours. Fool.

Now I'm rolling.... I wish you could hear the laughter... it's quite contagious really. It's kind of like a rolling chuckle that starts in the belly and just flows out in a continuous stream.

So glad to have made you my puppet.... so easy to control your emotions.

I'm watching footage from Bloody Sunday and Croke Park. Wanna have a laughing contest?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The geographical boundaries that mark out England, Scotland and Wales are fictitious political lines drawn on a map..

Though I am a proud Englishman I know that I belong to this WHOLE island of ours.. Its a land I have fought for many times.. And so have my ancestors, and their fathers for thousands of years..

I love this island.. It is mine.. And all of the INDIGENOUS cultures made this island great..

Then multiculturalism from the New Liebour traitors caused an influx so massive that our own indigenous cultures could be lost forever in a sea of eastern mysticism and superstition..

Our ancestors would be ashamed of us..

Their toil was for nothing, and their sacrifice has become mute, and we are to blame because we are not half the people they were..

This island was once called Ynys Prydein.. The isle of the mighty... Which is now full of cowards who make excuses for the theft of this land by foreigners who are literally tearing down once pristine estates built by our fathers hands brick by brick, turning them into ghettos, spitting on our troops and trying to usurp our culture..

We have a great tradition of taking in the persecuted.. But it has gone too far.. We are NOT the worlds refugee camp... Our resouces are stretched to the limit thus we must close the door..

A nation of lions is now a nation of weak pussies..... Apathetic... Not worthy to be called English OR British..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To be fair, there's nowt wrong with being proud to be English, any more than there's anything wrong with being proud to be a Cornishman or a Highlander. All are British in the same way.

(although if you're a Highlander, just remember that Albanaich originally refers to all of us: proud sons of Albion
)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

A Scottish nationalist recognises that he is a citizen of the UK and campaigns for independence so he can call himself a Scottish citizen. If your view is that England should be independent of the rest of the UK then you first have to recognise that you are a citizen otherwise of the UK otherwise you have no requirement to argue for a independent England.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Citybig

Bet you wouldn't say that to a scottish nationalist, or a welsh nationalist, only because I am English and proud to be so.

I would and do. All the time!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The scottish are allowed to say they are scottish and not british, nobody says a thing.

The welsh are allowed to say they are welsh and not british, nobody says a thing.

Say you are English and not British, and you will be quite realistically hounded and bullied into something you do not feel you are.

Your hatred of my Englishness drives me.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This thread is getting daft now.
I'm thinking of renouncing my citizenship of the peoples republic of Gloucestershire and moving back home to Hereford to be among my own kind who can appreciate good cider...

Anyway, grow up, you aren't English citizens, you aren't even British citizens, you are Subjects of Her Majesty, Queen Liz (ard)

What this comes down to is you want everyone to be like you and act like you so that you don't feel awkward. That ain't my idea of a great place to live, I'll keep my England with all its faults, but make it a republic some day and impoverish the toffs.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
This thread is getting daft now.

getting? It was daft since the first page.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

The English are allowed to say they are English, because they are English....still British though, just like the Scottish, the Welsh and so on....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

The English are allowed to say they are English, because they are English....still British though, just like the Scottish, the Welsh and so on....

If those people choose to call themselves "British" then so be it. I choose not to and I know many, many people who do the same, English, Welsh and Scottish alike.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Immigration levels are rising, it's ridiculess that hard working people are subsidising their benefits, when I, a working mum of 3 have a partner who also works, are struggeling to make ends meat, when immigrants come here they are met by people handing them benefit claim papers, they get food vouchers for sainsburys £250 per week per person, I get f#all, but I do not blame the people coming in, I blame the government for letting it happen, it is a strain on the economy.

And I'm also English born, parents and siblings and all of the rest of my family are Scottish and boy they do not let me forget it, seriously people stop bring up things that happened centuries ago, live in the now, who cares if we are of roman decent, it doesn't matter.

And to the guy that went to university and travelled all around the world blah blah blah not everyone has had those oppertunities, I love that you got to experience different cultures, but we are people that have been paying our hard earned cash for many years into this system yet receive nothing back, that is where a lot of the "anger" comes from its by no means personal to any race, bottom line it is down to the government.....

Peace and love to all

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

My point is thought, that you are failing to grasp (going to use super glue in a minute), is that YOU as a terribly proud Englishman, are British.

You don't have to call yourself it, you don't even have to like it (very unpatriotic BTW, HRH would be upset), but you are, FACT, PERIOD!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The scottish are allowed to say they are scottish and not british, nobody says a thing.

The welsh are allowed to say they are welsh and not british, nobody says a thing.

Rubbish.

And the Welsh saying they are not British is like a Cockney saying he wasn't born within the sound of Bow Bells or someone from York saying he isn't a Yorkshireman

Any Welshman stupid and ignorant enough of his history to say he isn't British is the laughing stock and the shame of all the Cymru. The same goes for a lot of Scots (though it does get more complicated there, as it is to some extent in England)

History is everything though. To know where you are going you must know from whence you came. To know where you came from you must know who you are .....

England was just a made-up name, taken from the Angles, to define a confederation of kingdoms that spoke a different language from the Cymru and Picts (and the Irish invaders in Dalriada). But basically, the people were the same (even if some of the 'English' upper classes came from Germany, Holland and Denmark) - we've always been here. Language does not define ethnicity.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

My point is thought, that you are failing to grasp (going to use super glue in a minute), is that YOU as a terribly proud Englishman, are British.

You don't have to call yourself it, you don't even have to like it (very unpatriotic BTW, HRH would be upset), but you are, FACT, PERIOD!

Nope, still not having an effect.

English first, English second, NOT BRITISH, never European.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"It takes so very little to bring out the true colors of a Brit... lying just beneath the surface. Angry people aren't you?

lol.... at least I don't have the blood of millions on my hands.

So.... by all means continue your entertaining display of loyalty to your beloved empire. In the mean time we will all just sit back and watch your contry turn to rubish.

Cheers!"

"It takes so very little to bring out the true colors of a Brit"

Any of us could say the same about you Irish(ROI). You have the biggest chip on your shoulder of all time lol. He might be a nationalistic, mind controlled, uneducated fool, but he does not have the "blood of millions" on his hands. Neither does any British person on this planet. Nor any living in days gone by. Well...the mind controlled puppet soldiers(as all soldiers are) of the empire days, as well as the El-ites of the time. They are the ones who are responsible for any crimes you are trying to refer to. You see, when you get nationalistic, like you are right now(and he, to a far greater extent), you start to generalise. Making everyone responsible. When that clearly makes no sense. It's why nationalism exists in the first place. It's only so rampant across this world because it a system of control that has been allowed to flourish by the elitist, globalist cabal that rules most of this world. When you have a debate which involves nationalism people start arguing, like we are now, which then divides us. I'm pretty sure you've heard of the old phrase "divide and conquer". It's the whole point of the nationalism.

I agree with you that he is a ignorant bigot but don't let him drag you down to his level. It's hard, cos it happens to me all the time. I have to fight the urge. But he's obviously unhinged, mate. And he obviously has no understanding of basic history/law at a general knowledge level.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join