It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

So why do you pay taxes to the British state?

Why do you have a British passport?

Why do you claim British benfits?

And a real question I have for you is this, do you know that England is not a state and therefore there can be no such a citizenship as English, you can argue with us about how you believe that a brake up of the union is the right or wrong thing in you view. You can argue about how you would like to see England as a state but until such a time as it becomes a state you cannot be a citizen of England, you can only be a citizen of the state that your nation exists in, the UK.

So yes you can have English nationality but you then also must have British citizenship

edit on 14-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
I do not come from the UK, I am not "British". I come from England, and I am English.

That makes absolutely no sense, that's like someone from California saying "I do not come from the US, I am not "American". I come from California, and I am....erm...Californish".

England is in the UK, therefore you come from the UK, the UK is in the British Isles, therefore you are British, I'm sure I explained this earlier, there is so many holes in your argument I could swear you were Swiss!
edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

So? We should never apologise for our history. We did what was right at the time, too bad if some had to suffer.

Typical British response.... You folks may have chosen to forget the millions who died as a direct result of the Empire's actions but some of us will never forget.

...as I said before; karma's a bitch so get used to it.

Yeah? And you're just a typical sour little mick, jealous that his little country can't even play football let alone manage their economy.

Don't worry though, at least we'll always be around to bail your broke-ass nation out.

And so the hate speech continues....now it's the Irish. Oh and a footbll related dig as well, true class.

We were also around to persecute the Irish over hundreds of years.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Citybig

So why do you pay taxes to the British state?

Why do you have a British passport?

Why do you claim British benfits?

And a real question I have for you is this, do you know that England is not a state and therefore there can be no such a citizenship as English, you can argue with us about how you believe that a brake up of the union is the right or wrong thing in you view. You can argue about how you would like to see England as a state but until such a time as it becomes a state you cannot be a citizen of England, you can only be a citizen of the state that your nation exists in, the UK.

So yes you can have English nationality but you then also much have British citizenship

I am not "British", I come from England. England is the only country I claim allegience to, citizenship of and nationality in.

Like I have said time, and time, and time again. You will not bully me into accepting the crap that you speak. I will sit here for my whole life and continue with this line. Test me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

there is so many hole in your argument I could swear you were Swiss!

Quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on ATS in months, a star for your, but I wish I could give you more

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

So? We should never apologise for our history. We did what was right at the time, too bad if some had to suffer.

Typical British response.... You folks may have chosen to forget the millions who died as a direct result of the Empire's actions but some of us will never forget.

Yeah? And you're just a typical sour little mick, jealous that his little country can't even play football let alone manage their economy.

Don't worry though, at least we'll always be around to bail your broke-ass nation out.

And so the hate speech continues....now it's the Irish. Oh and a footbll related dig as well, true class.

We were also around to persecute the Irish over hundreds of years.

Awww didums. Look, I play the worlds smallest violin for them.

Should have done as they were told. Simple as.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

No you’re not understanding,

one thing I can tell form your posts that you are most definitely a product of the god awful “British” education system. I don’t want to offend you but what level of education do you have because I learned about this in primary school.

You CityBig are English, a proud Englishman but you are also form the state of the UK you cannot be a English citizen because the state of England does not exist therefore you must be a citizen of the UK.

If you can answer me this question I will concede, if you are a English citizen then why is it that you don’t have a English passport?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
England is in the UK, therefore you come from the UK, the UK is in the British Isles, therefore you are British, I'm sure I explained this earlier, there is so many holes in your argument I could swear you were Swiss!
edit on 14/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I come from England. I only come from England. I do not come from anywhere else but England. You will not bully me out of being proud of my nation England and my Englishness. I'm not going to subdue to your bullying.

Eventually you might get the message that I won't change my feelings no matter how much you keep verbally battering me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Can I also please ask that you treat other members with some respect, there is nothing wrong with heated debate and making the odd joking comment, but being down right racist towards people from other nations who are only trying to inform you is not acceptable.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

No you’re not understanding,

one thing I can tell form your posts that you are most definitely a product of the god awful “British” education system. I don’t want to offend you but what level of education do you have because I learned about this in primary school.

You CityBig are English, a proud Englishman but you are also form the state of the UK you cannot be a English citizen because the state of England does not exist therefore you must be a citizen of the UK.

If you can answer me this question I will concede, if you are a English citizen then why is it that you don’t have a English passport?

I will not lower my beliefs in your act of blackmail.

I COME FROM ENGLAND. I DO NOT COME FROM BRITAIN. I AM NOT A CITIZEN OF THE UK, BRITAIN OR OTHER ENTITY, I AM AN ENGLISH NATIONAL AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF THIS AND NONE OF YOU WILL EVER, EVER STOP ME.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Errrr I didn’t try to blackmail you, you have misused that word entirely.

I am genuinely curious about your level of education, if it is a thing that the reason for your stage views on your citizenship is caused by ignorance then I could possibly excuse it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've traveled back and forth across my country, Canada, working and must say, after each trip I feel a lot more British Columbian than Canadian each time, just because we on the west coast are vastly different from the others I have met in my travels. Which in a way I could feel with the poster who said he's more English than he is British.

I just feel it would alright to make that plea due to the change of attitude, way of life, mannerisms, and just overall the way people act differently across my country. Perhaps it's the same across the pond, maybe not?

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

It takes so very little to bring out the true colors of a Brit... lying just beneath the surface. Angry people aren't you?

lol.... at least I don't have the blood of millions on my hands.

So.... by all means continue your entertaining display of loyalty to your beloved empire. In the mean time we will all just sit back and watch your contry turn to rubish.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Oh may somebody is rather mature.

You are coming across right now like the biggest idiot on the internet, you are making your fellow Englishmen look bad all I am tyring to do is inform you, I will ask you again, please would you stop insulting other members

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

You are coming across right now like the biggest idiot on the internet, you are making your fellow Englishmen look bad all I am tyring to do is inform you, I will ask you again, please would you stop insulting other members

I'll stop insulting you when you stop demeaning me, by that I mean, stop trying to bully me into calling myself something I do not feel I am, and start respecting my opinions.

Since none of you feel it right to show me any respect, then you'll get none from me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Unless your family have only recently moved to Britain, then I guarantee that your DNA will prove you to be British, with at least some ancestors going back to long before the Belgae moved into Britain, let alone the Angles.

I myself am of East Anglian stock. I assume you come from East or Mid Anglia, Mercia or Northumberland (Deira or Bernicia)?

link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect

reply to post by LUXUS

"Typical British response" No it isn't. Stop generalising an entire people over one crazies ideology.
I bet there's plenty of nationalistic fools in the country you live in.
As there is everywhere. 2 to 1 you're a yank....

Edit: So...according to the guy who STILL doesn't get what being British and a citizen of the UK is, you're a "mick", as he puts it. That makes sense...seeing as the Irish(ROI) are the nation with the greatest chip on it's shoulder...
edit on 14-6-2012 by TheUnusualSuspect because: (no reason given)

Yes... it is a typical British response.

...and no I'm not a Yank... are you a Limey? No... I'm betting you're S. African Dutch! lol.... You poeple have such short fuses... so easy to get your back up. So proud yet so ignorant.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by LUXUS

It takes so very little to bring out the true colors of a Brit... lying just beneath the surface. Angry people aren't you?

lol.... at least I don't have the blood of millions on my hands.

So.... by all means continue your entertaining display of loyalty to your beloved empire. In the mean time we will all just sit back and watch your contry turn to rubish.

Cheers!

You started it. You could have been polite, you didn't want to. You didn't even hide your colours. Fool.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

I'll stop insulting you when you stop demeaning me, by that I mean, stop trying to bully me into calling myself something I do not feel I am, and start respecting my opinions.

Since none of you feel it right to show me any respect, then you'll get none from me.

I would refer you to some of my earlier posts and those of others, who do not address your beliefs but the way you put them forward........I won't bore you with it again. It's not what you say, it's the way you say it. That said there is a fair amount of nonsense in what youve written today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join