It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VEGAN for 3.5 Months. Massive hair loss.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Trust me on this, get some multi vits and grab some proteins, Use them only for a month or so and you'll be good to go. Been there, done that...gone unheard.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Stomach issues? Remember the rule... if you eat three times a day , you should poop just as much. Anything in your system too long creates bad bacteria in your intestines (and will make you sick). Do a search on intestinal issues. You might benefit from cleaning out your system, I would do an organic coffee enema. Actually, look it up and you should find the information about how it back flushes your liver and clears out possible blockages. One way to know if everything is working ok is to eat a veggie light in color and see if the next time you poop it looks the color of what you ate. oh, and if your poop stinks bad, look that up too, there is a reason. Anyways, if your pooping as much as you eat and regularly, disregard this comment.

I don't really believe in the vegan diet, EVERY vegan I know cheats.
p.s. organic yogurt and fruit is good for the digestion system and creates the good bacteria needed for the digestion process.
(I never thought I would say poop on a comment, let alone so many times

edit on 14-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

i mean a dead animal lying in front of you. bit a big chunk out of it without breaking your teeth. if you can do this then i'll agree that man was intended by nature to eat meat
and if you really think you can do that then, uh lol idk i'd bet a grand you couldn't

For a grand? I'm in! It is easier to eat a dead animal than a live one. A dead animal has already started to soften and rot, and the meat is a lot more tender. That is why they age steaks. I guarantee I won't break a tooth taking a nice big bite out of a Lamb Chop or Deer Leg, or Chicken Breast.

For a grand? No problem, I've eaten worse stuff than a dead animal. Penetrating the hide and ripping through the fascia and connective tissues is the hard part, but it isn't going to break my teeth. It will either rip or it won't rip, but it won't break any teeth.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

i mean a dead animal lying in front of you. bit a big chunk out of it without breaking your teeth. if you can do this then i'll agree that man was intended by nature to eat meat
and if you really think you can do that then, uh lol idk i'd bet a grand you couldn't

For a grand? I'm in! It is easier to eat a dead animal than a live one. A dead animal has already started to soften and rot, and the meat is a lot more tender. That is why they age steaks. I guarantee I won't break a tooth taking a nice big bite out of a Lamb Chop or Deer Leg, or Chicken Breast.

For a grand? No problem, I've eaten worse stuff than a dead animal. Penetrating the hide and ripping through the fascia and connective tissues is the hard part, but it isn't going to break my teeth. It will either rip or it won't rip, but it won't break any teeth.

film yourself doing it lol. shoot a deer go up to it and take a bite out. I will send you a grand. swear to god i will. you can even use your hands bc nature provided those, but no knives
and you have to enjoy it. because if its so natural why wouldnt you?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't know a lot about it, but I have a vegan friend who seems very healthy, and he practices mostly what is known as the "ape diet."

He eats a ton of fruits and nuts, of course lots of veggies. I don't think he takes any supplements at all. He's not one of those plastic-package vegans.. I know a couple of those too and both are kinda chunky. Not meaning to be rude but just trying to show the comparison.

I'm not sure where you're at or the healthcare situation there, but you could always go to a doctor and get tested for any deficiency and for toxins. If your health issues began when you changed your diet I really think you should make sure you are feeding your body what it needs.

I agree with others that meat is ok if you pay attention to what you eat, and know where it came from. If your issue with meat and dairy is simply a problem with the industry (which is my issue with those industries) you can look for a local butcher or organic farm that you can buy directly from. You may be surprised at what's available. It's a little more expensive (unless you make friends =D) but you can taste and feel the difference. Seriously.

I get all my eggs from a friend, we trade him for home baked bread.. His chickens are free range and roam his garden, they get plenty of grain and lots of wandering bugs. These eggs are in a completely different league than any egg I've gotten from a supermarket, free range organic included. I know these chickens are treated well, are very happy (they come to you when you call them), and are as organic as the chemical filled world could allow. They are only used for meat when they are old and stop producing eggs. This is how it was meant to be!

So if you could find a supply of meat or dairy that was humane and chemical free would you consider eating meat?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

what is known as the "ape diet."

Apes are fat.

I remember when the "Body For Life" stuff was popular, and he talked about how "grazers" were always lean and muscular like deer, but I couldn' help but think of cows and buffalo?

edit on 14-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TinkerHaus

what is known as the "ape diet."

Apes are fat.

I remember when the "Body For Life" stuff was possible, and he talked about how "grazers" were always lean and muscular like deer, but I couldn' help but think of cows and buffalo?

They're not fat, they're big boned!

Seriously though, apes are stocky and muscular, not fat. I bet they are pretty lean as far as BMI.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Must be a "healthy" diet when your hair is falling out... /sarcasm

But to be more serious, i also had a phase where i for several years did not touch any meats, eggs etc..but realized it doesn't make sense. Simply spoken, there is nothing wrong with eating meat - the body needs it.

It is MORE constructive to actively engage in animal care, protection and wellbeing in some form instead of declining to eat meat (at the cost of the own health) - believing it would do something good for the animals etc. or for another, greater cause.

Obviously, it cannot be for health reasons, as your case obviously shows. (?)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i was vegan for a while then i re-introduced lean meats like chicken and fish, absolutely nothing wrong with eating lean meats 2-3 times a week, as long as it's combined with veggies and not carbs in the same meal to ease digestion. Dairy is completely useless for sooo many reasons. Eggs are fine if you just eat the yolk as the whites are acidic in nature and the enzymes in the white stick to everything you eat.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ape diet reminds me of the zookeeper. the ape goes to applebees i think and is like "ill have 500 oranges"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I tend to think like several others here, that there is an outside source of your problem. I also note that you mentioned your stomach as a result of "anesthesia", so I can only assume you are post-operative. Could it be that someone's x-ray/diagnostic equipment is malfunctioning? This can be a serious threat to anyone in the vacinity if there were a "leak", or two!

Someone mentioned South Africa, but I note a Camphill village in Pennsylvania, are you in the States? Pennsylvania is not too far for a "nuke incident" in southern Michigan and northern Indiana; that is depending on the winds! Who knows how long that 7000 reading was "wafting" around before settling! IMHO

Please check with the facility that did your "anesthetizing", they may be getting calls from others right about now!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What is your blood type? Have you ever heard of the (blood type way of eating)?

Here is an interesting link....please read.

www.drlam.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Textrip a piece of flesh out an animal and see if your teeth don't break off. say humans are omnivores is like me saying my dogs and cats are omnivores. just becase i can get them to eat an apple doesn't mean thats what nature intended them to eat. human canine teeth aren't efficient at ripping flesh off of animals thus thats not what nature intended them for. look at a bears canine teeth, if you had some of them i'd agree with you edit on 14-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

I tackle my neighbors cows once or twice a week then bite a nice hunk out of them and send them on their way , I don't believe in killing them but I love my steak rare

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Any fool can see your body's trying to tell you something. Don't like the meat industry? Find a Butcher that deals in game. at least you know it lead a normal life & died quickly & humanely. Although not a veggie myself, i am sympathetic to your plight, but you should ALWAYS take care of your own health first especially if you have Children or other family to consider. Please think hard on this, it's possible it could be the most important decision you ever make. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Eat lots of peanut butter.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Textrip a piece of flesh out an animal and see if your teeth don't break off. say humans are omnivores is like me saying my dogs and cats are omnivores. just becase i can get them to eat an apple doesn't mean thats what nature intended them to eat. human canine teeth aren't efficient at ripping flesh off of animals thus thats not what nature intended them for. look at a bears canine teeth, if you had some of them i'd agree with you edit on 14-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

i too have tackled my share of cows in preparation for taking on p90x workout videos
I tackle my neighbors cows once or twice a week then bite a nice hunk out of them and send them on their way , I don't believe in killing them but I love my steak rare

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
its more than likely not low protein cuasing this. i was into bodybuilding for a while n got pretty big all while not eating any meat(yeh i guess that more calories than just mere protien). first off shes a woman, second she's not eating meat- it doesn't take a md to see she probably is lacking iron. either take a multivitamin with iron or start eating meat again

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, if you can't eat meat, try and get your protein from a supplement. (I buy a fair bit of good hemp powder as it fits better with my paleo diet than the usual whey stuff.
I get that its a moral thing for you, so try to replace legumes and grains with more nuts and supplements as I'm pretty sure soy and other stuff in your diet will not be helping.
edit on 14-6-2012 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

i've been vegan for over 3 years. no health probs. visit a nutritionist and tell them what you've told us, because a healthy vegan diet wouldn't do that to you.

also, i'm extremely anti-abortion; anti-killing anything, really. so you're very incorrect.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Violets because: extra DIV

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It sounds like calorie deficiency to me

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join