It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman "I think we invented God."

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

That's both a failure in logic (as people do grow out of faith in god for a variety of reasons) and a presumptuous judgmental attitude towards an entire group of people (anyone that doesn't have faith in god acts like two year olds? All of them? Really?)

When I come across somebody that acts like a mature, accepting-of-others-views, faith in god believers, I in turn respond as a mature, accepting-of-others-views, skeptical non-believer of any conception of a possible god. When I come across a childish, plug-my-fingers-in-my-ears, insulting/belittling/looking down on others believer in god, I don't respond as the mature, accepting-of-others-views, skeptical non-believer of any conception of a possible god. I usually either ignore them, or belittle them back. Should I try to sway them? No. Should I respect them? No. Should I be the "bigger person"? No. I'm not trying to win a moral battle against those kinds of people, as I don't need to prove myself to narrow minded people like that, so being the "bigger person" isn't necessary.

So if you seem to have a consistent experience of people treating your views with a lack of respect, maybe everybody isn't as disrespectful as you think. Maybe they are just acting in kind.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by grimreaper797

MY humble opinion is that god/creator is not necessarily supernatural, but as natural as you and I having a conversation.

That perhaps just as we seek to make contact through organizations like SETI, a personal contact with the creator of the universe is also possible and every bit as normal.

That's fine, but as I said in my previous post, I think organizations like SETI are silly. Do what you are inspired to do, let the "contact" come when it comes. Searching out contact for something you don't KNOW exists, or where it exists, or what form it exists, or whether it cane even understand you, is a waste of precious finite time you have on this planet. Churches are the religious faith based versions of SETI in my opinion. Both are squandering time and resources.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A great actor but it stops there - LOL

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder has the PLAN been ego updated PLAN---

Instead brother of putting the hard worker souls to work and gather "whats needed" WHO HAVE REMAINED DISCOMFORTED AND STILL KEPT US IN THEIR SPIRITS/CONSCIOUS/HEARTS/PRAYERS why not UTILIZE part of the EGOTISTICAL population convinced that this is it AND THEIR SOULS ACTIVITIES DONT COUNT ELSEWHERE
, and LET THEM GATHER "WHATS NEEDED" I just took a look BROTHER some of them are even wearing some of the "Whats needed" as attire. BROTHER your not telling me they will just allow their egos to gather "WHATS NEEDED" FOR FREE instead of PAYMENT
It appears brother the most egotistical EVEN HAVE "WHATS NEEDED" STORED INSIDE ABOVE GROUND LOCATIONS THEY CALL??? They feel life on EA*RTH is all thats needed so they gather "WHATS NEEDED" HOARD it into???? so now all you have to do is observe the most egotistical of the herd and they will have "WHATS NEEDED" HIDDEN IN A VAULT SAFE BUT STILL GIVING OFF RADIO ENERGY SIGS FROM UP HERE
all ready prepared and out of the NEITHER REALMS WHEN ARRIVAL OCCURRES
WOW brother who would of thought an EGO would make them work SO HARD for FREE. HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THE MOVIE / MUSIC ENTERTAINERS
I seen 1 of them wearing 1-3 million modern AMERICANAZ $$ WORTH OF "WHATS NEEDED" as attire
Brother the POWER OF AN EGO AND A NON BELIEVER WHO DONT BELIEVE IN ANYTHING, AMEN BROTHER AMEN. Maybe next class brother. YES MAYBE
Send down "WHATS NEEDED" retrievers for "WHATS NEEDED" be careful though they WILL DIE for that stuff smh LEAVE the rest within EA*RTH it seems they made it easier by digging/mining the "WHATS NEEDED" up already. Remind their new recaptured soul material OVERLORD of how well they can gather "WHATS NEEDED" NOW....... Maybe they will believe next time AND HAVE LESS EGO after this PART OF THE HERD IS PUT BACK THRU SCHOOL. Looks @ wheat gathered and
thanks for trying your best your new environment suits are over there for your new homes
WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK THE HARD WORK/STRUGGLE WAS FOR
the atmosphere on here has to be upkept by EACH new FAMILY MEMBERS
to show responsiblilty for your home.
edit on 6/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Love reading your post, gr.

So if you seem to have a consistent experience of people treating your views with a lack of respect,

Sadly it happens.

I have evolved in my spiritual beliefs, there are no words to express, and I don't want to convince anyone, but I have seen and experienced wonderful things.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

I think to not explore ones spirituality is sad.

Not from an organized religious point of view, however the great scribes and philosophers had much to offer.

Can you imagine going back through time and seeing the world through their eyes, that is what I tried to do.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't go to church, and as far as making contact I fully understand, yet we are making contact now.

Contact is life itself.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Danbones

Ok there is a great big bearded guy in the sky

That is not what I believe,

believe it or not SD - I am glad to hear that!

I'm all for any belief, or delusion that makes things better....
but, for those with eyes to see:
Things aren't getting any better..that has to be addressed as of yesterday because tomorrow will be too late

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

is a waste of precious finite time you have on this planet.

And who is to judge how one spends ones time as wasteful?

I design and create jewelry, I am in contact, we don't have to be closed off in a dark room to make contact.

I chat with you I am aware.

I mop the floor, I rake the leaves.
You walk it, you live it, you are aware of your place in the universe every second of everyday.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Things aren't getting any better..that has to be addressed as of yesterday because tomorrow will be too late

Well Dan, life is a tough road to hoe.

Find beauty and peace where you can.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I will not take spiritual advise from someone who is shagging his own adoptive grand-daughter... Sicko!

Maybe he just does not want to believe in God because that means he will have to answer for being a sick pervert..

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

good advice SD
to me the delusions that lead us down the wrong road are exactly in the way of doing what you suggest ..
hence my position vis a vis religion

I live in a place that is beautiful...and it makes one think everyday of how precious creation really is

no matter who done it
edit on 11-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

:
edit on 11-6-2012 by ZIPMATT because: double post

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

edit on 11-6-2012 by ZIPMATT because: make it so

link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I think this is where a lot of us lose track of what's actually happening. Times have moved on, and there's always the chance that God has moved on to using something like this, that could prove your statement wrong. I mean, they're good shavers, and they also have those little protection bars along them that prevent cutting yourself whilst shaving. I personally think that maybe he's checked them out, and that he actually might have quite liked them.

The truth will out.

edit on 11-6-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
I will not take spiritual advise from someone who is shagging his own adoptive grand-daughter... Sicko!

Maybe he just does not want to believe in God because that means he will have to answer for being a sick pervert..

please refere to my post on biblical practices re marriage...also to the story on Mohammed being married to a very young girl...these are the purveyors of god...and not much different to Freeman...if anything they were worse

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

I think this is where a lot of us lose track of what's actually happening. Times have moved on, and there's always the chance that God has moved on to using something like this, that could prove your statement wrong. I mean, they're good shavers, and they also have those little protection bars along them that prevent cutting yourself whilst shaving. I personally think that maybe he's checked them out, and that he actually might have quite liked them.

The truth will out.

edit on 11-6-2012 by robhines because: typo

LOL
Good one

to think that god would let it all end now that he has a big box of 5 blades....
well they do a nice job though I suspect the silicone lubricant may be quite toxic....
I guess if you are immortal a little toxic waste gel isn't such a big deal....

man I'd hate to see the advertising fandango when they find out gods vavourite brand of mulled wine

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I live in a place that is beautiful...and it makes one think everyday of how precious creation really is

It sounds wonderful, we are creators, I tend my garden and sit there and make jewelry, I listen to music someone else created, and I catch a glimpse of heaven,

Then the %$%#@, water fountain breaks and I am shocked back into reality, I cry, then I call my husband crying, he laughs,

I reflect on my reaction to a broken water fountain,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
gardening
*sigh*
yes, I find there is real spirtuality in that

then I think of GMO and how people are trying to play god...

some doors we should not open

also as a songwriter..as Kieth Richards of the stones said
he just puts his finger in the air and listens to the song as it comes to him...
I find that is how it goes

where does the music come form?
edit on 11-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Gardening? Other people's gardens are great and potentially spiritual.

Mine, on the other hand, is a pain in the a*** and causes nothing but grief. Still, helps me to appreciate concrete and living in a city that is no bad thing!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

goodthing there are edible weeds that have flowers on em
someone was thinking of non gardners when they made the universe...

ooops, now I done it

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join