It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman "I think we invented God."

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Man invented god, and the gods invented man and nature invented the gods, and that to was invented by something.
And there all just a figment of each others imaginations, and reflections and images of each-other. And if there not all one thing, there all part of one thing. And they all invented each-other just like there all inventing themselves and continuously reinventing themselves.

As to who created the whole thing?...Who knows, who cares.
Allz I know is that whoever, or whatever "It" was and is or whatever anybody or anything calls it, be it God, or the ultimate omniscient omnipresent and omnipotent universal mind, or whatever else you want to call it, and can think of calling it.

One thing seems to be for sure if you look at the worlds and the universe and all of existence. It appears that "It" this all powerful God has a wicked sense of humor, or none at all.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance is extremely aggressive, and research has proven this to be true. If the brain won't buy it as logically familiar, it won't even process it...period.
reply to post by NorEaster

If you accept evolution, you should allow for the biological concept of mutation. Mutation can also occur in thoughts. The cognitive "mind" will accept logical fallacies from the lower-level brain when certain conditions are met. I'm sure you are familiar with the DSM ...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by lifecitizen

I would say there is no hard evidence at all for an existance of a god. What hard evidence? if you dont mind me asking.

DNA coding.

Plus, the odds are in favor of a creator.

I bet you believe that extraterrestrials exist somewhere in space because of the sheer vastness of the universe.

Another person presuming to know what someone else thinks.

I don't believe DNA coding to be proof of a god, but my question wasnt directed to you, I was asking someone else who I quoted.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think we invented God, although I am fairly certain we invented religion. Why is it that most religions go completely against what their religious books teach?

I believe that those in power seized upon the religious books and found a way to manipulate them to control the people which spawned religion. Prior to that it was just faith and spirituality. The movie The Book of Eli illustrates this all too well.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I don't believe DNA coding to be proof of a god,

Yes but that's your belief now isn't it? The actual proof says otherwise.

but my question wasnt directed to you, I was asking someone else who I quoted.

Erm sorry, this is 2012 and a public forum. Excuse me for not viewing your words as designated for a single person only, as there is no telegram/phone/email, or God forbid, private messaging in 2012.

Not really, was just trying to get the point of odds across. Guess I have to do the chewing as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Am I the only person who can read the OP and not jump to Christianity?
Straw man arguments abound...
In all honesty I cannot answer this question. I don't know how that would happen.
I did happen to meet God, and He is Me. Isn't that funny?

God is not a man. God does not have wants and desires. God is not a Zeus or Osiris.
As John Lennon would say "God is a concept, by which we measure, our, pain."

God dwells everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in the kingdom within.
As B.O.B would say "I am the universe, and you're crazy."

Everyone's sitting here wondering about this dude named God, but he is not. God is no Object to be pointed at.
God really did create all of this.
It's more like consciousness creating lines that are rules that bend another part of consciousness into information packets you call atoms and forces.

It's all in your head. Literally

BUT I'll let Morgan Freeman end this

[Outro: Morgan Freeman]
As the mask of deception falls off the face of humanity
Unveiling the grim reality of duality
In which everyone is a casualty, no one will be exempt
Truth has many shades
It’s not a matter of black and white, but gray
Although many, we are one, so in the final analysis
Could it be that we are fighting a war that can’t be won?

edit on 6/10/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Bixxi3

it doesn't actually...

try out this experiment.

take a seed...any seed. lets say an apple seed.

where did the apple seed come from?

an apple you say?

where did the apple come from?

an apple tree you say?

where did the apple tree come from?

an apple seed you say?

where did the apple seed come from?

an apple you say?

where did the apple come from?

an apple tree you say?

where did the apple tree come from?

an apple seed you say?

do you know understand this most obvious and basic example?

Men haven't invented anything. It invented itself, so that it could invent us. so that we could deny it. and go back to nothingness.

"where did the apple seed come from?"

The apple.

"where did the apple come from?"

The apple tree.

"where did the apple tree come from?"

The soil, by way of the sun, and feeding on minerals and water, the seed is just a catalyst in creating a tree but it did not come from itself. It came from a whole bunch of things including that at one time its very makeup and composition in its very molecules and atoms that it is composed of, It was all once stardust.

The seed at most is a blueprint for a configuration of the composition, in a endless sea of other blueprints of different configuration's all entangled in one way or another in possibly a over all higher blueprint of things. Now can you imagine a tree existing only by itself would be a better question...And no you cant imagine that, but you can try.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, if its coming from Morgan Freeman, it must be true

Of course, (in my opinion) God is just a quick reason people gave themselves why everything happened and existed and continues to do so today. We are mere specks among a massive portrait of cosmos, and all we worry about is a terrestrial "God". I'm not saying a form of God doesnt exist, but just saying that its not the man we picture in the sky.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
there is no such thing as god. IF there is, there is more than one god. there are gods. the gods are the aliens.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think the concept of a creator came about by simply observing creation here on this planet, and then applying it to the concept of our own existence.

We're still in the transition of discovering the origins of our universe and how matter itself comes into existence. We know there's still a lot that we don't know, but humanity (or those of us who wish to progress with science, not work against it) as a whole sure understands a lot more now than we did just a few hundred years ago. It's an ongoing process and in my opinion, I think science and spirituality may reach some type of happy medium in the distant future regarding the process behind existence itself.
edit on 6-11-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

I don't believe DNA coding to be proof of a god,

Yes but that's your belief now isn't it? The actual proof says otherwise.

but my question wasnt directed to you, I was asking someone else who I quoted.

Erm sorry, this is 2012 and a public forum. Excuse me for not viewing your words as designated for a single person only, as there is no telegram/phone/email, or God forbid, private messaging in 2012.

Not really, was just trying to get the point of odds across. Guess I have to do the chewing as well.

Okay, show me your proof how DNA coding proves the existance of a god.

And yes you accused me of believing in aliens when you have no clue what I believe in regards to that topic.

edit on 11-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: spelling error.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Give me a break Morgan.

We always think we are so special... God didn't create me, I CREATED GOD! F@#% YEA!

This is along the lines of people saying ET's can't exist.
News Flash: Something bigger, and yes smarter, can and probably does exist, in OR out of our dimensions of perception. Just because we can't summon them at will we conclude they don't exist?

What digests our food? What beats our heart? Is it our own awsomeness?

We are virtually helpless little creations, stuck on a tiny little planet, squabbling amongst ourselves, floating in a seemingly infinite universe, so big that if we were shown its immensity and complexity our little brains would probably pop.

If you tried to explain to a pathogenic germ that humans exist, and what we are like, I bet they wouldn't believe or understand you. Yet they are living in you and feeding off you in a selfish quest for survival and self gain. I contend that most humans are not much better or smarter.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
PFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!

a "freeman" would think that.

He/I invented you fools!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post (s) by NorEaster & Chamberf=6

I've always been a big 'fan' of Morgan Freeman. the Person, the Actor, the Individual.
He's never seemed to play into a lot of the whole 'Hollywood Persona' - type shyte, which so many tend to embrace as if were their breakfast coffee.

Having read the article and after having seen numerous interviews with him over the years - I agree with the man wholeheartedly.

Religions and 'god' are man-made creations, each protesting theirs as the one and only.

If that be the case, and there be only One 'god' ... then why are their damn near as many 'religions' as there are people in the world. (?)

A quick Google search for the number of religions turned up a rather interesting wiki.answers result that resonated with me somewhat:

How many religions exist in the world?

It should also be noted that in the "Humanist" philosophy, each persons religious theology is unique, therefore the answer would be equal to the current population of the Earth.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

* to each their own *, ... so to speak. (?)

To Chamberf's comments... with regards stories becoming legends and eventually beliefs ..... I can only add - toss in a few thousand years and you get what we have here today. (?)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

i catch your drift, but you are looking at the picture from too close.. read my signature, follow the links, try to figure out the "conspiracy".

i like morgan, and he is right, so far as he is only talking about the "christian" God, or whichever religion he's rejecting..

all religions and all "God/gods" are representations of the same thing. just ask stephen hawking!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I guess Morgan Freeman never heard the story of Yeshua, who was nailed to a cross for saying he was YHVH and who went to that deathwillingly and refused to recant when given the chance. I think i will believe Yeshua over Mr. Freeman. Mr. Freeman never allowed himself to be nailed to a cross to save anyone.

Your guy was BRAINWASHED from a kid onwards into believing he was something special just like all religions do today. People take their kids along because they were taken by their parents and so it continues its just now more people are breaking that cycle and ACTUALLY thinking for themselves.

ANYWAY if this supposed god was all powerful why was his so called message not given ALL over the world at the same time after all you guys claim he can do anything, so why did parts of the world NOT KNOWN at that time not get the word of god, the answer MAN created god!!!! and thats why other parts of the world have their god(s) and creation stories.
edit on 11-6-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
this idea, i have pondered the hell out of this idea. a few nights ago i was looking at the stars thinking about this VERY thing. so long it hit me that nobody see's it for what it is. I am not anything, i'm not an atheist,i am not subscribed to a religious entity, i believe in god, but nobody else will ever understand the way i look at it, as i will never understand truly the way anybody else looks at it. that's when it hit me. As a race, are we hardwired for the religious experience? is the idea of the ultimate creator a subconscious unifying principle than no matter who you are on earth in the deepest recesses of your being you believe something is there, everybody does. we are all at different levels of accepting it, making excuses for why we cant understand it, labeling it, trying to identify it to share it with others. IT IS THERE, the idea and the feeling of a god, of a universal energy, of a force of something is there in every one of us.. why?? why?? bible thumpers, your opinion is as relevant to me as the quantum physicists i tell you. i have my own relationship with the creator thing and so do you, can you understand what i am trying to say though, anybody? the god universe force energy creator idea thingy is in the back of every single one of our heads. why????? and what happens when we all realize we have this same feeling? what would happen if this feeling were suddenly withdrawn from every one of us? would it help or hinder? From a sci-fi point of view it is like a psychological firewall. we can not physically go past that idea with our brains. We cannot physically comprehend anything past the idea of the creator god universe energy thing. it is like a fail-safe, we are trapped in its grip, or are we nestled safely? It is like the ultimate psychological net, keeping us from logically pondering the chaos that is carrying on within us and around us, we simply can not see it, and when clues of the existence of chaos arise, and the question of our mortal futility pops up, its as if the net comes to save you from yourself, save you from your own mind and logic.these to me, are life changing questions.
edit on 11-6-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Hi I think if you watch some videos on here

www.youtube.com...

You will see YOUR silly ideas crumble away

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

VICE - VERSA

www.youtube.com...

top topics