It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman "I think we invented God."

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantifedInfinity
Then there is "creationism".. whereas things were "winked in" and "Winked out" by command of GOD...
well (believe it or not) there is proof of the winking in and out found in the laboratories today

This is what delusional creationists actually believe, yet they cannot provide a single scientific source to support such claims. You know, the Bible implies that people who lie should face the death penalty..
edit on 11-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The brain is not logical in the least... It's a feat to overcome ones concupiscience to achieve any sort of logical process.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by notquiteright

You're banging out 'facts' quicker than a rabbit eats them . Were you there when they first released the gospels?
Roll up roll up , it's the gospel truth lol

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I'm not "banging out" anything. There is no evidence of the gospels any sooner than that. My first two posts were directly answering the question posed in the op.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

The Sun isn't invisible and intelligently interactive with human beings. Also as you said yourself - it's right there in font of you every day. It's not imperceptible. My issue isn't the idea of people inventing a god of some sort. My issue is the imperceptible god concept. It can't be seen or even proven to actually exist, and it requires FAITH to even exist as a concept for people. That's such an inherently inconceivable notion for a primitive brain that I don't even know how to properly present just how unlikely it is that such a notion could emerge of its own volition. We're used to the concept as a fully developed narrative that most of us were carefully taught as being reality since we were children, but the truth is that as an original idea, it's completely incompatible with everything that our brains can possibly take in as external stimuli (which is actually the basis of every thought that any corporeal brain can ever have, whether as the whole of or one of many parts of that thought)

Maybe I'm just dense, but I can't understand why it's not feasible for a thinking, self-aware brain to wonder how everything got here. I would think even the earliest brain would understand cause and effect. Something makes something happen. I can see early man thinking, "Something, or someone is making water fall from the sky. It's someone I can't see, but it must be there...and it must be powerful." Why is this concept not possible? I can even imagine early man shouting at the sky to make more water fall down during a dry spell. And maybe, coincidentally, rain comes. That might be the first inkling of a perceived interactive relationship between this unseen, but powerful entity, and early man. And maybe bad things happen, like, lightening strikes a person, or it strikes a tree that falls on a person... or a volcano erupts. Early man wonders, "why did this bad thing happen? Who made it happen? Why can't I see who is doing this?" I can see early man feeling powerless against the forces of nature, hence the belief that someone more powerful than him must be running the show.

I think the fact that the god concept has changed so much through the eons (multiple gods, nature gods, male gods, female gods, one god, no god) proves to me that the concept of faith in an imperceptible god is something totally invented by man. If it was implanted in early man's brain, then why isn't the concept consistent?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So when Morgan Freeman dies, and is standing before his Creator, he's going to say ... 'you are a figment of my imagination .. go away'. I'm wondering if God will be amused at the arrogance of Freeman.

Dead people don't talk...or stand. Just thought you would want the breaking news on the matter.

On the subject, good for Morgan Freeman. Not because he thinks we invented god, but just "I think...". Not a whole lot of that gets done these days so kudos to Morgan. Also, the first humans believed something similar to them but incredibly more powerful, was responsible for world events that were beyond the scope of human power. The first gods were very human like beings. The whole one god concept didn't come along until later on. So basically, the first gods were very easy for man to conceptualize since the idea of these gods was just incredibly powerful versions of human beings.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

One thing seems to be for sure if you look at the worlds and the universe and all of existence. It appears that "It" this all powerful God has a wicked sense of humor, or none at all.

Either that, or the creator doesn't think the way we think.

I always wondered how god could let suffering continue, but how many times do you consider an ant, for example.?

edit on 083030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Morgan Freeman has a deep voice and he hosts a TV show called 'Through The Wormhole' , so he must have the answers to the mysteries of the universe. Of course this would include knowing about "God".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I used to have respect for Morgan Freeman until he left his wife of 30 odd years for his step niece in her early 20's so nothing he says means anything

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
reply to post by ZIPMATT

There is no evidence of the gospels any sooner than that.

There you go again . Ok You were answering i was just having fun with you . Normally we put links for our statements or provide definitions or references too .
And since your statement carries the expectancy of affirmation for a negative historical proposition , it is not likely to be confirmed either .

A common mistake , tending amongst the young , is for them to try to make 'closing statements' which often start with 'there is no ...' purely as a way of the unfolding mind coming to terms with itself and its environment

This tendency is apparently evident here also .

The trouble is , life is more subtle than that . It takes maturity of thoughts and literal time to digest the very high concepts which ancient books such as the Proverbs , divulge . It takes no time or maturity however , to decry and tear down .

Fortunately , or down to design we trust , atheists against the _truth *

are like dogs barking in the wind , able to change nothing about it .

*(books-unchangeable books)

Above Top Secret . com

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Personally, i think he is correct.

However, Morgan Freeman is an actor. He is not someone who has done anything of worth or value to society. He doesn't make people better, he hasn't invented new energy sources, etc. So, really, why would anyone care what he has to say? Really bugs me the amount of worth people place on actors.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Fortunately , or down to design we trust , atheists against the _truth *

are like dogs barking in the wind , able to change nothing about it .

*(books-unchangeable books)

Above Top Secret . com

So you're trying to "speak" in the name of the site now??

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Some on this EA*RTH have forgotten who GOD(s) is and now dont believe the exist. This type of thinking is the reason so many sapiens sapiens try to make HEAVEN out of LIFE on EA*RTH and not recognize it for the spiritual education center it is. I like some of the movies this actor plays in (DREAM CATCHER-AMISTAD-LEAN ON ME-SEVEN-SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION ) but I dont think he is right not judging him just my input. If sapiens sapiens HAVE been visited in the past by beings WHO CAN READ BRAIN WAVE ACTIVITIES AND SPIRITUAL ENERGY (as its understood from this 3d objective view) and WHO ALSO CAN MANAGE THE HUMAN SPIRITUAL LOCATIONS INFLUENCES AND SOUL MATERIAL RECAPTURING PROCESSES. And these ARE the ones early man seen as GOD(s) then is the actor IGNORING the potential SUBJECTIVE TRUTH of EA*RTHs past?? Or is the actor stating that sapiens sapiens invented GOD from experiencing their VISITATIONS and that was the best interpretations of the EA*RTH COSMIC FAMILY from the HEAVENS????
edit on 6/11/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There is absolutely no evidence what so ever to without a shadow of a doubt declare there is NO creator.

Just like I can't prove gods existence, how can one declare the non existence?

Let's say there is a creator.

You are telling me you would not want to make contact with the creator of all this, leave religion out of it.

Look at the beauty of the human race what we are capable of achieving, then imagine something greater than ourselves.

You want this to be all there is?

youtu.be...

edit on 083030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Your brain is undergoing analysis by medics . You need to refer the site in at least some of your posts . Have a nice day . Er , enjoy your future etc . if its still in your hands
matt

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If god was invented... why do we not seem to grow out of god... We grow out of the tooth fairy , santa claus and so on.

some say they have grown up and have grown out of the belief for god... yet these same people still act like two years olds when they meet people who believe in god.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I can imagine something greater than ourselves, we call it the universe. I'm very interested in making "contact" with the rest of it. The difference is, there's proof that our universe exists and we attempt to "contact" more of it every moment we can.

Why strive to get in touch with something that might not even be there? That's why I think the people that try to contact aliens are silly. Even if you were almost positively certain they exist, you don't know where they are, or if they could understand you, so why are you trying to contact them?

People should be spending more time on things they know exist/are within their reach. Every person that goes to church, imagine if they instead spent that hour or two helping their community in some way (whether it be cleaning it up, helping some less fortunate, etc.) the world would be a better place. If anyone honestly think god wants you sitting in a church listening to some guy speak in old English more than helping other people less fortunate, then I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 11-6-2012 by grimreaper797 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ok there is a great big bearded guy in the sky who wears a dress and he wanted us to vote for GWBush because he represents christian familly values.....
so we could go to war in Iraq where there were no WMDs..
and Afghanistan to get that pipeline and restore the opium and drug laundering money to the bankers,
and to topple the governments of Libya and Syria and Iran,etc
and to annihilate all the palistinians, even the christian ones....

Guess he needs the american taxe payers money and children to shoot out of a cannon because
he shot his wad on sodom and gomorrah...( which looks to have been a natural disaster after all....)

edit on 11-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

MY humble opinion is that god/creator is not necessarily supernatural, but as natural as you and I having a conversation.

That perhaps just as we seek to make contact through organizations like SETI, a personal contact with the creator of the universe is also possible and every bit as normal.

edit on 093030p://bMonday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ok there is a great big bearded guy in the sky

That is not what I believe,

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join