It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say you don't hear God, I say you do.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere

Everything IS God. Anything less than everything is an Idol.

"There is no god higher than truth" Gandhi said that, and truth is something those with faith blindly sacrifice for those joy-joy feelings!!

So tell me Gandhi, what is truth?

I am listening. What is your explanation for everything?

I have never been any other animal, thus I do not know that they do not contemplate choices.

It is beyond knowing. All I can know, if I am honest about it, is that I did not do it!

NO, By not knowing you simply CANNOT KNOW, it is the simple truth of the unknown, no one can attain to be sure of anything, and everything is as possible as anything else, meaning a green pistachio nut monster is equally as possible the creator as is your god.

I am sure of one thing, I am.

So, do you really believe a green pistachio nut monster is the creator of everything?

Why do you eliminate my possibility with certainty while saying everything is possible?

I would not do this to you.

While each one stares into the abyss and imagines, please please please don' t assume to know the absolute truth, be open minded and allow for the possibility that your belief's could be shattered in the next moment.
If they are, you will still exist, and you can still love, live, and attain enlightenment.

Actually, I said I do not know anything other than myself. You came here and declared my unknowing impossible.

I surrender. Now give me the truth that I may formulate a solid foundation of existence.

If you cannot do this, go away. I was content with what I have.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
What are cows, flowers, fish? Whatever you decide on what they are, then it is what we are.

Cows, flowers, and fish are not what we are from all appearances. We are something quite different. Therefore, I try not to label us but rather continue to learn about us until sufficient information is available to adequately quantify us.

Just figuring my own self out is challenging enough!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I have no god, please understand this. Truth is the highest ideal, and to search and be aware of such truths is to BE god.

Father will never order a man to kill. If someone needs to be taken out, he will send someone, but it will not be man.

He who orders someone to be killed, is as guilty as the murderer.

You assume to be aware of so much,
Do you speak for him/her/it? Do you claim to know the reasons your god acts?

Father makes you think you have a choice, but you really do not. Believers have no resistance to following orders and doing his bid.

Thats messed up and totally horrifying. Your simply describing the thoughts of every single man and woman who blindly followed a sociopathic dictator. (any era)

Also, another time, I questioned him, a big no no for me, others may do of this, but I am not to.

Why are you not to? You are equal to all everywhere,You are the truth and there is no god higher than that. This path we are each on is not some quasi-orgasmic puppet show, we have supernatural, holistic potential burning inside us. Each person has unlimited, infinite potential, and this truth does not walk hand-in-hand with your Kim Jong in the sky.

My brother, I admire and appreciate your honesty, and i say this with all respect, I truly hope you are delusional and are not speaking the truth. There are homeless people that seem more balanced and gentle than your dictator.
I have no faith in that which wants control over me or anything else.

Ask your god if hes ever considered a SELF-rewind of himself?

'If you love something set it free' ,sounds like a good place to start.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

How do you know its God(or father) listening and talking to you???

You are assuming its God. What you (like many ,many others) have done is brand your own mind as God. Add a small library-book to the mix and Viola, you have your typical blind DOGMA.

Everything you do,think, worship,pray, speak in tongue is based on blind faith. Which is why you convert your unique mind into a GOD. You do understand everything you have mentioned ,,your mind can do for you without ever using god or jesus or allah. Your mind can listen,talk, guide, counsel you for(or in) anything. It just takes practice and discipline. But you want to take the easy route.

If you ask me people of blind faith are lazy and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHolyGhost

What are cows, flowers, fish? Whatever you decide on what they are, then it is what we are.

Cows, flowers, and fish are not what we are from all appearances. We are something quite different.

Different? We are made from the exact same stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Cows, flowers, and fish are not what we are from all appearances. We are something quite different.

I have yet to see a cow, flower, or fish launch itself or anything else into the outer reaches of our atmosphere. I have not seen a cow, fish, or flower over come its inherit limitations by using thought to rearrange the materials of it's surroundings in a way that overcomes it's limitations. I have yet to see a cow, fish, or flower develop a system whereby it's knowledge can be preserved from generation to generation. I have yet to see a cow, fish, or flower create entire worlds, nay even universes, and put them on display for all to see.

While physically we may be made of the same stuff, it is our accomplishments which elude to something far greater within.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHolyGhost

So tell me Gandhi, what is truth? I am listening. What is your explanation for everything?

'True knowledge is becoming aware of how little we know', are you able to grasp this one.
To me truth is becoming aware, the awareness to experience equality, to be enlightened and then existing as one with all.

There is no need for god, no use for him in that, hes redundant and if he exists he probably knows it. Maybe thats a reason he hides from so many that cry every night for him.

I am sure of one thing, I am.

Thats a start.

So, do you really believe a green pistachio nut monster is the creator of everything?

Unfortunately for your argument, theres as much scientific evidence that my green pistachio nut monster is god, as there is that your god is god, or zeus was god. That must be a little disorientating for you.

I crave truth, nothing more nothing less, simple truth, and i am willing to embrace anything on the path to it. Because I hold truth as the highest ideal, I find it easy to prove religious, or faith based theories as lacking in it.

Why do you eliminate my possibility with certainty while saying everything is possible?

Of course anything is possible, E=MC2 proves that.I am by no means able to disprove your theory of god, and you are by no means able to prove it. You stare into the unknown and claim to see the truth, to me having unshakable faith about that belief is absolutely delusional

Actually, I said I do not know anything other than myself.

Except for this,

Nothing is random. Everything is in divine order and so grand is it that we cannot perceive it in it's totality.

So, you claim to know nothing but yourself, wait, that is nothing but the omnipotent super being and his love and his plans. Your dead right, you DO KNOW NOTHING but yourself, at least you brushed on some truth here.

You came here and declared my unknowing impossible.

I declared your knowing of the unknown improbable, improbable to the point of it being as likely as anything else, which makes your faith a million miles from being the truth.as it has far more chance of being total fantasy.

Now give me the truth that I may formulate a solid foundation of existence.

Here where to start, Allow nothing to be the truth to you, unless there is plenty of evidence to support it. Exist in balance with all and practice giving and loving. And here's the cherry on top, you can achieve all this and more without kneeling to anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

Blind faith can not look at a book and tell you every intricate detail about a persons life, I am speaking for myself here. You are coining attributes of others to me. Every person on this Earth has a book that details every aspect of their life. Surely, I can not and will not do this over these forums. But, in person your mindset on these things would be different.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Blind faith can not look at a book and tell you every intricate detail about a persons life, I am speaking for myself here. You are coining attributes of others to me. Every person on this Earth has a book that details every aspect of their life. Surely, I can not and will not do this over these forums. But, in person your mindset on these things would be different.

You have it all backwards. Because of the "book" , you have blind faith. And because you have blind faith , you've converted your amazing mind and downgraded it to a Fatherly-5000 IBM Program. Which is limiting your capabilities of your mind.

"Every person has a book that details every aspect of their life" WTF??

What sect are you affiliated with? You sound new age.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

And because you have blind faith , you've converted your amazing mind and downgraded it to a Fatherly-5000 IBM Program. Which is limiting your capabilities of your mind.

How do you even draw the conclusion, since we differ on origins that I somehow discount science, technology, etc. and my mind is now downgraded from a dual quad core to an Intel 4004?

You have it all backwards. Because of the "book" , you have blind faith.

I am not referring to that book in my post.

"Every person has a book that details every aspect of their life" WTF?? What sect are you affiliated with? You sound new age.

Every event, every detail about life here is recorded and is stored above. When judgement day comes, your book is opened and you are given account of all that has happened. These are the books I am speaking of.
edit on 10-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHolyGhost

I have yet to see a cow, flower, or fish launch itself or anything else into the outer reaches of our atmosphere. I have not seen a cow, fish, or flower over come its inherit limitations by using thought to rearrange the materials of it's surroundings in a way that overcomes it's limitations. I have yet to see a cow, fish, or flower develop a system whereby it's knowledge can be preserved from generation to generation. I have yet to see a cow, fish, or flower create entire worlds, nay even universes, and put them on display for all to see.

While physically we may be made of the same stuff, it is our accomplishments which elude to something far greater within.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

Meh, because we didn't keep all the quotes from the beginning I lost track of what we were talking about. I give up.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And because you have blind faith , you've converted your amazing mind and downgraded it to a Fatherly-5000 IBM Program. Which is limiting your capabilities of your mind.

How do you even draw the conclusion, since we differ on origins that I somehow discount science, technology, etc. and my mind is now downgraded from a dual quad core to an Intel 4004?

You have it all backwards. Because of the "book" , you have blind faith.

I am not referring to that book in my post.

"Every person has a book that details every aspect of their life" WTF?? What sect are you affiliated with? You sound new age.

Every event, every detail about life here is recorded and is stored above. When judgement day comes, your book is opened and you are given account of all that has happened. These are the books I am speaking of.
edit on 10-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

1. Can't be both. You can't embrace God and science. Can't combine faith and logic.

2. Which actual book then?

3. So basically you are talking about some heavenly data base of every human past,present, future??? Then when you die some heavenly TSA agant scans all your past sins??

Am I following you right? Cause it sounds everything you have stated is all blind speculation.

Just stating the obvious.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Because you don't know whether he's wrong or not. You think you know, but techically speaking you don't.

Remember that you have the right to your own opinions, not your own facts.

You have the right to your opinions about religion being BS, why does he not have the same privilege?

How will trampling on somebody's beliefs help them? Or you for that matter?

Respect for your fellow man is key my friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jiggerj

Because you don't know whether he's wrong or not. You think you know, but techically speaking you don't.

Remember that you have the right to your own opinions, not your own facts.

You have the right to your opinions about religion being BS, why does he not have the same privilege?

How will trampling on somebody's beliefs help them? Or you for that matter?

Respect for your fellow man is key my friend.

Is it right to become an alcoholic? Shouldn't we step up and say, HEY you're heading for trouble! Just as in religion, isn't it right to say, HEY, you're living a lie. On the reverse, why is it right for the religious to spread their beliefs? HEY, you need to find god!
edit on 6/11/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Many religious people turn others away from the faith because of the judgmental tones and giving others information they gained from others and not from the source. How can you say living a lie? One man is a scientist another a janitor. Neither one can down the other because of the path they have taken in life. It's a belief, not a crusade of destruction.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Many religious people turn others away from the faith because of the judgmental tones and giving others information they gained from others and not from the source. How can you say living a lie? One man is a scientist another a janitor. Neither one can down the other because of the path they have taken in life. It's a belief, not a crusade of destruction.

Science is real. Cleaning is real. You can see these things in action every day. But this false belief (religion) IS false, and it does lead to a full blown crusade of destruction.

I'm scared to death that we will soon experience this religious crusade of destruction throughout the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You can't equate a belief in god to Alchoholism, that's just a fallacy.

Please re-examine your argument and come up with something proper.

People what the right to believe what they want, you have the right to tell them how you feel sure, but you do not have the right to badger them about it.

Say your piece and go home, otherwise you are just as bad as they are attempting to push your beliefs down their throat.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You can't equate a belief in god to Alchoholism, that's just a fallacy.

Please re-examine your argument and come up with something proper.

~Tenth

Are you serious? You can't possibly say that you don't see god and religion as an addiction. People lie to themselves to keep the addiction going. They make poor excuses (god works in mysterious ways) .

If I wasn't so doggone tired I would have a field day with this!

One quick note: EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD knows that religion is an addiction. If you ask any atheist if religion is an addiction, they would not hesitate with a YES!

If you ask a religious person if they were addicted to Jesus, or God, or Allah, they would not hesitate with a YES! Praise the Lord! Amen!

Okay maybe not so quick of a note. Just as alcoholics and druggies will have items around the house showing their level of addiction (empty cases of beer, pot pipes, bongs, needles) the religious addict will have anything from a shrine dedicated to Jesus, to just a bible in the nightstand (just in case of emergencies, like a gun).
edit on 6/12/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You're badgering of religious folks is the same as their badgering you about your lack of faith.

You are compounding the problem, not helping resolve it.

I'm an Agnostic, I don't believe in organized religion, but I do believe in the right that people have to believe what they want, as long as it isn't hurting anybody.

And the VAST majority of religious people do not hurt anybody in their day to day lives. So give it rest will you?

Who cares if somebody wants to believe in the imaginary man in the sky? Does that really effect you in the long run? It doesn't for me, cause I don't let it.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Who cares if somebody wants to believe in the imaginary man in the sky? Does that really effect you in the long run? It doesn't for me, cause I don't let it.

~Tenth

It will.

It will!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join