It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say you don't hear God, I say you do.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Many think they do not heard God, but I say you do.

- The time in which you had a feeling to stay at home, a neighbor came by and spoke with you, and it lifted her spirits.
- You lost your keys and are delayed, if you had been on the road at that exact time, a car would have swerved and hit you.

So why didn't god talk to the person who got killed in a car accident?

Why didn't god tell me to stay at home the day a different neighbour got depressed???

Your god is a pretty capricious one if these are good examples of how it operates!

edit on 12-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
God Is The Answer

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Your god is a pretty capricious one if these are good examples of how it operates!

What you state here is the same for religion, mans view of God. How can you coin attributes to him?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I saw if there is a god, would the pope not hear him?

Vatican, worth 50 billion dollars.

Sell the vatican and feed house the entire world for the next 4 generations.

god does not exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
I saw if there is a god, would the pope not hear him?

Vatican, worth 50 billion dollars.

Sell the vatican and feed house the entire world for the next 4 generations.

god does not exist.

He is not looked upon in a good light, above.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

What you state here is the same for religion, mans view of God. How can you coin attributes to him?

Why would I not?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Why would I not?

Because you have not gone to ask him yourself. You take what is written, or what is given unto you by others. No one can speak for Father, not even above.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

And yet pretty much every religion presumes to do just that. Even you saying that no-one can "speak for the Father" is you saying what the "Father" can and cannot do as if you know.

However I am not speaking for the father. I am ascribing him characteristics - they are not teeh same thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And yet pretty much every religion presumes to do just that. Even you saying that no-one can "speak for the Father" is you saying what the "Father" can and cannot do as if you know.

That's because I do know. Others may say they know because of what they read.

However I am not speaking for the father. I am ascribing him characteristics - they are not teeh same thing.

How can you ascribe him those attributes, if you have not dealt with him directly?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That's because I do know. Others may say they know because of what they read.

but you just said no-one can speak for the father - which is it?

How can you ascribe him those attributes, if you have not dealt with him directly?

Easily.

you tell me stuff you think applies, and I figure out what attributes those indicate to me - not a problem at all.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

but you just said no-one can speak for the father - which is it?

If you follow the conversation, I am saying I can say these things because I have direct experience with these matters, unlike others.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So you were wrong when you said that no-one can speak for the father then?

but either way - it is still easy for me to ascribe attributes to something I do not beleive exists - jsut like I can describe the entirely fictional character Mr Spock, who i have never had any dealings with, as a pointy eared vulcan nerd, so I can ascribe characteristics of a god I don't beleive exists by what others tell me of him/her/it.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

So you weer wrong when you ssaid that no-one can speak for the father then?

Speak for him as in giving orders, explaining why he does the things he does, etc. No one can do that. Speaking about him, because of what they see him do, act, etc, yes that can be done.

so I can ascribe characteristics of a god I don't beleive exists by what others tell me of him/her/it.

My point is many are wrong, because they don't deal with him directly. Only by what others have said, or what is written.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Right - so you were wrong...you're allowed to admit it, since speaking FOR something is not the same as speaking ABOUT that something.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

Right - so you were wrong...you're allowed to admit it, since speaking FOR something is not the same as speaking ABOUT that something.

No, look at what I wrote, maybe you got confused on the intent.

You take what is written, or what is given unto you by others. No one can speak for Father, not even above.

I was not saying you can't speak for Father. I was saying the ones who spoke of him (Bible, Pastors, etc.) cannot speak for him. You said you get your information from others and then speak on the attributes. I was talking about them, not you. Because they claim to speak for Father.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

No, look at what I wrote, maybe you got confused on the intent.

Since the only intent I know of is what you wrote, no, I didn't get confused by hte intent - the intent was clear - here is EXACTLY what you wrote:

Because you have not gone to ask him yourself. You take what is written, or what is given unto you by others. No one can speak for Father, not even above.
- www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you were confused by your intent?

You take what is written, or what is given unto you by others. No one can speak for Father, not even above.

I was not saying you can't speak for Father.

Except you did - dude why not jsut say "oops - I made a mistake - sorry - what I meant o write was...."

I was saying the ones who spoke of him (Bible, Pastors, etc.) cannot speak for him. You said you get your information from others and then speak on the attributes. I was talking about them, not you. Because they claim to speak for Father.

OK - that's fine - I understand that.

It is completely irrelevant of course. I do not care whether they speak for the father - in fact I believe they do not, since I don't believe he/she/it exists in the first place. But I can ascribe characteristics to their view of the character.

I can even ascribe characteristics to it based on what you say.

I don't see why you consider it strange or impossible - humans are good at ascribing characteristics to things that do not exist.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I wrote this:

Because you have not gone to ask him yourself. You take what is written, or what is given unto you by others.

I was speaking on the attributes, that you speak of.

No one can speak for Father, not even above.

I was speaking on the source of the information where you coin your attributes. Those are two different thoughts.

Except you did - dude why not jsut say "oops - I made a mistake - sorry - what I meant o write was....

I did not say that, I was speaking about the source of where you get your information about God. (People, Bible, etc.) I do not see how you are drawing these conclusions? I did not say you can't speak for God. I said no one can speak for Father. (The ones who claim to speak for God, not you, as you did not make this claim, only the attribute claim.)

since I don't believe he/she/it exists in the first place

May I ask why, out of curiosity? I am not the one to convert, not my task here.

I don't see why you consider it strange or impossible - humans are good at ascribing characteristics to things that do not exist.

Again, I never said this either. I am more worried about the flawed information that many spew down here about Father. (Not you, the source I spoke of earlier)
edit on 22-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

When you say "no one can speak for father" it does not have the same meaning as saying something like "no-one can speak of father" - stop trying to blame me for your mistake!

Why don't I believe in god(s)? Because I see no evidence of their existence, I see no reason why they should exist, because all the arguments that they must exist are illogical, because of the cupidity, dishonest and hypocrisy of those who claim they exist (such as you in this thread), and because of their stupidity if they are as described by anyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

When you say "no one can speak for father" it does not have the same meaning as saying something like "no-one can speak of father" - stop trying to blame me for your mistake!

This is a flaw in speaking here, I have to explain my speech. I know what I mean when I say it, but if the intent is lost on the reader, then I would ask for you to have me clarify.

Why don't I believe in god(s)? Because I see no evidence of their existence, I see no reason why they should exist, because all the arguments that they must exist are illogical, because of the cupidity, dishonest and hypocrisy of those who claim they exist (such as you in this thread), and because of their stupidity if they are as described by anyone.

I understand. Moving forward, things will be different.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

All the segments of religion in this world should unite!
I am of the opinion we are all God’s children.
Do you think God would be happy to see us divided over the spelling of his name?
[God/Allah], I doubt that the Divine would.

Quote taken from
Volume 3 ‘Choices of Will’, Chapter 5 ‘State of the Union’, page number 101
3 volume set

Core stories propagate unity of all scriptures. The essence of what we all strive for, Unity with a deity of our individual choosing.

What do you think? Aren’t we all God’s children?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join