It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say you don't hear God, I say you do.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Many think they do not heard God, but I say you do.

- The time in which you had a feeling to stay at home, a neighbor came by and spoke with you, and it lifted her spirits.
- You lost your keys and are delayed, if you had been on the road at that exact time, a car would have swerved and hit you.

These are just some examples of many. Many think God, will come to them speaking like he did in the bible. That simply does not happen today. He will speak to you in a way in

which you can best understand. The small subtle words are all that is needed. (Go check on Susan, approve that transaction, etc.)

Many think it is required of them to be successful in life, to live a life of status or have meaning. Let me use the example of a post man. His work seems very mudane. But, he interacts with many on his route. Father has put him in this position because he has a profound impact on the people in which he speaks to. On his route, he is delayed but can not seem to grasp why. He usually is further along at this time. He sees Mary as he approaches his final street in the neighborhood. The postman has a strong urge to speak to her, coming from within. He speaks on various topics, and moves on. Now, the thing is, Mary was about to committ suicide that day, on her way to get supplies to end self. She felt no one valued her and she just wanted to end it all. Neither one of them brought up anything about God. My point is, God does not have to have his name spoken to do his work. The situation above was hanlded without any speak of being holy or doing this and that, just a simple conversation to save a life. Now, what happens if the postman didn't adhere to his gut feeling. Corrective action is then given unto him. Above moves in and replaces his doubt with confidence. If that fails, a rewind is put in place. This situation is not left up to chance.

The above is more extreme measures that Father has put in place, so that you may hear him. In a previous thread I spoke of Father telling you something and then does something different. This does not say that he is a liar. Sometimes people are so stubborn, they need to hear something to do a certain action. Let me provide a real life example.

John has an interview upcoming, and he has prayed and prayed that he will get the job. Right before he walks into interview, he listens to God give him instruction. Father informs John that he will not get the job, but go ahead anyway to so that he can used what he learned from this interview onto the next. John does as he is told, and he lands the job on the spot. See, John would have not impressed the interviewer with his mindset of going in, so he had to be told differently so his mindset had a different outcome. Father had to give him what he needed at the time.

Too many are scared to hear God, because they think it is their own mind or a bad spirit. Same goes for the bible. What if some information was put in there, (false), so that you may seek the answers out from him, so that you wouldn't become dependent upon a book, but rather him?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You seem to not understand the circumstances of life. Things just happen. Things happening is not evidence of God's hand. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

What you call god is what I call intuition and coincidence.

I'm sorry but I can't attest to having everything good in my life be the result of a single parent who writes books.

It just does not fly.

I respect you and your faith though, sometimes I wish I had faith, it would probably be a nice thinkg. Unfortunetly organized religion is a tool of control.

Personal religion is great, but most people don't know the difference between the two.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unfortunetly organized religion is a tool of control.

This I agree, I speak not of religion (mans view of God).
edit on 9-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so you're just saying that anything and everything is God?
That seems a bit too convenient.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ahha Tenth and MJZoo summed up my thoughts on the matter

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Not at all. From a believers stand point, this will hold true. For non-believers, chance.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Everything except perhaps your doubt.

Different cultures call that doubt different things...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It really doesn't matter if you call it god or probability, it's the same principle. why is it so easy to get hung up on what we call it or who believes what? "god's will" and "random chance" are, in reality, the same thing. Or rather, both ideas refer to the same thing in different ways.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by jhill76

It really doesn't matter if you call it god or probability, it's the same principle. why is it so easy to get hung up on what we call it or who believes what? "god's will" and "random chance" are, in reality, the same thing. Or rather, both ideas refer to the same thing in different ways.

From the inside looking in, this will hold true. From the outside looking in, chance doesn't have the opportunity to redo itself or take corrective action as above can.

Also, I take it you did not read the entire OP, chance doesn't do the other things.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The problem with divine intervention is that god seems very choosy about who to save from calamity.

My 21 year old cousin is dying of cancer. Six to eight months left. She's a devout Christian and God hasn't intervened. Why not? Is it harder to save someone from cancer? Or is she unworthy?

Or perhaps life really is chance, and good or bad things happen randomly.

About the still, small whisper....

When my 5 yr old son is rushing into trouble or danger I don't whisper....I shout. Why? Because loud noises capture your attention.

Don't you think god would know this too?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 9-6-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My 21 year old cousin is dying of cancer. Six to eight months left. She's a devout Christian and God hasn't intervened. Why not? Is it harder to save someone from cancer? Or is she unworthy?

Is it better to live here, or live with him? Everyone has to die (the body), man puts the weight on the how. The body, is just a vessel in which we experience life in, you still continue, you do not die. Death is just the changing of the garments so to speak.

About the still, small whisper.... When my 5 yr old son is rushing into trouble or danger I don't whisper....I shout. Why? Because loud noises capture your attention. Don't you think god would know this too?

Father doesn't just need to tell you to do things, many things are handled by above as well. He would never leave a situation dependent upon one person, if he needs said person to keep living, if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Has she seen a doctor? Are the doctors working to treat her? Do the doctors learn more about cancer with every case they study? Will there eventually be a cure thanks to her suffering?

Why would God spare a Christian from participating in the marvels of his works?

I thought Christians embraced suffering for God's will just as Jesus did?

Or perhaps life really is chance, and good or bad things happen randomly.

Nothing is random. Everything is in divine order and so grand is it that we cannot perceive it in it's totality.

If so much as one electron orbited around one nucleus randomly, the whole universe would come undone. No, the electron orbits precisely as it should with predictability.

So long as you are perceiving it of course.

About the still, small whisper....

When my 5 yr old son is rushing into trouble or danger I don't whisper....I shout. Why? Because loud noises capture your attention.

Don't you think god would know this too?

Apparently he does. He whispered to you to shout at your son when he is in danger...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't want to insult or offend you, please understand. So I'm going to leave this thread respectfully.

Luck and best wishes to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

From the inside looking in, this will hold true. From the outside looking in, chance doesn't have the opportunity to redo itself or take corrective action as above can.

Also, I take it you did not read the entire OP, chance doesn't do the other things.

i absolutely did read the entire OP. I love the theist's mindset "you disagree? that's because you don't GET it."

i read the OP and there's nothing in there that couldn't be a random, positive coincidence. if i wanted an apple, and one fell out of the tree i was sitting under, i could easily say that some unseen hand "gave" me that apple. to assign intelligent thought to an action doesn't change the fundamental nature of the action. you could call it god, i could call it gravity, and neither changes the fact that the apple fell near me when i was hungry for one. nor does either definition change the nourishment i receive from the apple. thank god or good luck and you still find the apples and still receive the nourishment.

now, about the universe taking corrective action and redoing itself. i'm not sure what you're referring to here. how does the universe correct itself? i see evidence of objects and entities within the universe exhibiting self-preservation and betterment. i see no evidence of an unseen hand guiding things. i feel like if that were the case, either the unseen hand is a moderately competent yet flawed individual similar to a human, or things would be a lot more peaceful and run more smoothly than our universe.

not to knock our universe, it's pretty fricken cool. but really, can you say that it's perfect? or that it works in some type of synchronicity to serve a greater purpose? where's the evidence? it looks like a big tangled web of probabilities to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Great post.

I woke up one day and decided to follow synchronicity. My prayer was to just go help anyone who needed it and follow the path that opened. I was off work and had no plans. I just left the house and headed toward the next big town. As soon as I started to leave town, my cell rang. My assistant called and needed a ride from one building to the next. I turned around and went back. On the way, I stopped and bought breakfast for both of us to go. As soon as I paid, before I could even leave Sonic, the phone rang. My assistant's wive came to give him a ride. On any given day, I might have been slightly upset with him even asking me for a ride on my day off. On this day, I just allowed it to happen. I departed for the next town.

When I got there, I was driving through a parking lot. I saw a homeless guy walking. I stopped, rolled down the window and gave him the extra breakfast. As he ate it, we talked for the next 45 minutes about what was on his heart. He needed both the food and the advise.

I left from there and headed down another street. It started to rain. I saw a bag lady holding a newspaper over her head and walking. I pulled over and gave her my umbrella. Again, nothing much, but I was there for a reason.

Later that day, I was standing in a department store waiting for the rain to stop. No umbrella you know. A lady was talking to herself and in a tizzy. I asked if I could help. She had lost her car. Sounded like she was in the beginning stages of memory loss. The rain was letting up so I drover her around the mall as she clicked on her panic button. We eventually found her car and she thanked me. She said she had prayed that someone would come help her out so she would not be late to meet her daughter.

As it turns out, many in her family were teachers. She wanted my card. They all ordered my book and shared it with friends. There were more things that happened to me that day, but it only took my willingness to follow the path. Now that I know what to look for, I try to make each day this way.

God speaks by impressions, events and in every particle reality holds. He's the wave of creation and the Word that generates light to form.

Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

If He directs the Sun, then he directs everything under the sun as well.

edit on 9-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHolyGhost

so if you say "god's plan is so grand that we cannot understand it" and i say "the universe is a big place, just live and let live" how are our mindset's really that different?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

i see no evidence of an unseen hand guiding things.

Can you see the source of your own thoughts?

If not, then isn't your thoughts from an unseen source?

What causes them?

Can you even name the source without first having the thought of it's name?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by TheHolyGhost

so if you say "god's plan is so grand that we cannot understand it" and i say "the universe is a big place, just live and let live" how are our mindset's really that different?

I never said our mindsets were different.

Your words are as valid as mine.

The words do not matter.

What we do is what matters.

Live and let live is nice.

But imagine a world where we lived and helped to live.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join