It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You say you don't hear God, I say you do.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

But, how do you know that is his plan? How can you say what he should be doing?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jiggerj

To have us remain exactly as we are since the beginning of man? Can we even call that a plan?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

To have us remain exactly as we are since the beginning of man? Can we even call that a plan?

I have to side with you in that man has given us what we have today. We are still using gasoline engines from the 1900's. Man has chosen this current path, but I can assure you that things will be different moving forward

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No magic. The events in our lives are our own doing. No great and powerful puppet master is pulling our strings. All the religions throughout history has not held back man's instincts for war and destruction. We are what we are, and no more.

Ok, I would gladly accept that the events in my life are my doing if not for one major flaw in this thought. I did NOT bring myself into being. I know the birds and the bees, so please spare me the sex ed. Go beyond that. So many events had to take place before I came into being that it is beyond me to quantify. It is beyond knowing. All I can know, if I am honest about it, is that I did not do it!

Since I did not initiate the beginning, nor do I know the end, then all else in between is, well, magic.

Now we can create all kinds of stories to fill in the blank we are left with when we admit we do not know. We seem to need our stories to keep us sane. The insanity comes from not having a story we can all agree on.

I am not here to argue story lines. I am interested in your story just as I am interested in anyone else's. I want to know them all.

Think about it: Religions (and whatever gods apply) have had over 5000 YEARS to scrape the greed and lust and murderous intent from us. In internet terms I believe this is called: FAIL!

Religions have been around far longer than you give them credit. They come and go like the seasons.

Who makes the religion? The wisest of the tribe in answer to the request of the tribe. Then one tribe conquers another and forces it's beliefs on the loser. Alternately, the tribe simply discovers new information which invalidates previously held beliefs and the religion takes on a reformation.

I am not a member of a religion. I am a student of Life.

So, what are we?

edit on 9-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jhill76

What you call god is what I call intuition and coincidence.

I'm sorry but I can't attest to having everything good in my life be the result of a single parent who writes books.

It just does not fly.

I respect you and your faith though, sometimes I wish I had faith, it would probably be a nice thinkg. Unfortunetly organized religion is a tool of control.

Personal religion is great, but most people don't know the difference between the two.

~Tenth

I have great faith and attend no church because for the most part they are corrupt , I do study with a church that simply reads the bible chapter by chapter verse by verse bringing it back to its original languages when needed and teaching the customs of the time for complete understanding . His show is Shepherds chapel , anyway you don't need church to have faith , god has awakened many in the last days to do his will and is still doing so even though time is extremely short .

The vast majority of organized religions are run by the children of Satan who purposely make it sound holy but in reality it is an abomination . I will be doing a couple of posts to show how corrupt the teachings of genesis are and why they don't make sense in today's scientific world with DNA and such . Many will be shocked to see this truth and it will change there outlook, for some anyway. Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

What a great and insightful post. If more followed these impressions, man would be better off as a whole.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
God is real. He is So real and So GREAT that we cannot begin to even comprehend it at all. like AT ALL., We cannot possibly try to unravel the way He works, His works are so powerful we can't understand it. HE MADE THE UNIVERSE and you think because someone dies He isnt real?.... You state that God isnt real.. Let me put it this way, When you see people on the street with long hair and rough beards does that mean that barbers dont exist? No they would have to come to the barber! Likewise with God, and for some , He will say Hello in a Way more Powerful than what any words you can think of could describe. Happened to me, Out of the blue. Changed(ing) my life for ever. Ask Jesus to come into your life and reveal himself to you and to guide your way.
He is Real. Do not be decieved

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Too many are scared to hear God, because they think it is their own mind or a bad spirit. Same goes for the bible. What if some information was put in there, (false), so that you may seek the answers out from him, so that you wouldn't become dependent upon a book, but rather him?

I'd have to say most people are afraid of the don'ts than the do's of Christ. Not many people are willing to put a yoke about their necks and be held accountable for their own actions towards others. Some people just want to assram their way through life and run over everyone and everything in their paths, leaving destruction in the wake of their selfishness.

If you follow after Yeshua you can do none of those things, and you sacrifice yourself so that others can have in your stead. You become the servant of people who laugh, ridicule, ostracise and pontificate and when you would rather punch them in the face you abstain and suffer. Not everyone can do these things, and in the end our Master may even call you to die in his name and suffer so that he can reach more people. It is written it is a fearful thing to put yourself in the hands of the Living God because there are none with the power to deliver you from him.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
of course God intervenes, probably millions of times a day, you just never realize it or are aware of it.

He has too, since satan and evil people here on earth are plotting our destruction every day.

if he didn't the earth would be empty, evil having wiped us all out.

but that's just what i think, i can't speak for what God does or does not do.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Hell, I've even had a NDE and beleive me, it made me think of the possibility of life after death, but I havent fully died and thus, can't confirm this.

I bet you prayed to God to get you through it didn't you?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I take the Op's post referring to 'God' as generic. Perhaps it is not intended that way but that is how I chose to take it. For me 'God' is the Universe, or Spirit, or whatever it is out there that gives me these insights and messages in dreams and sometime just a 'Knowing'. They have always been right.

"God" does talk to us in our daily life but we have to be open to seeing this. It is always our first instinct about a situation. Since I have learned to listen and pay attention, I have had insights that I didn't like and thought I could resist and change. I was never able to change the outcome. Whether a dream or just a sudden knowing from an every day experience, it happened just as my first instinct to the event implied.

This understanding did not come without years of learning to accept.

At the same time, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHolyGhost

Have to admit you made me laugh. Now use that quick mind of yours to come back to reality!

Thank you for seeing the intended humor.

Now to come back to reality.

Please describe it in a way that I will find it.

No magic. The events in our lives are our own doing. No great and powerful puppet master is pulling our strings. All the religions throughout history has not held back man's instincts for war and destruction. We are what we are, and no more.

Think about it: Religions (and whatever gods apply) have had over 5000 YEARS to scrape the greed and lust and murderous intent from us. In internet terms I believe this is called: FAIL!

That is because this place is meant for the unevolved. This place have not meant to be a paradise yeet. It is a world for the ones that are a "work in progress" and their guides. And the bible is filled with both the thruth and the lies to make sure only the ones who can truly understand the devine and question egocorruption/duality can evolve from that direction. An extreamly good testbook. Just because you do not belive you are connected to god and ignore the connection to god do not mean the connection is not there.

But then if you definition of god is wrong how will you be able to find god(and from my point of view the bibles definition is a bit off).

To the OP. Teaching synchronicity/thread theory to people who have not experianced it is hard. This is something that can even be uncomfortable to understand for people who have experianced it since it can make you/ego feel powerless.
edit on 10-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I finally got a chance to read this thread...

S&F for sure...

Thats exactly how it works brother!

God speaks very subtlety... i tend to notice it most when reading scripture actually...

Or when im about to do something dumb...lol

Great thread

I'll catch up on the rest of the thread when i have time

edit on 10-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by jhill76

I woke up one day and decided to follow synchronicity. My prayer was to just go help anyone who needed it and follow the path that opened.

I always enjoy Enoch's posts but this one was truly fascinating. I wish it had it's own thread in fact. It reminds me of of the thread: "My experiences with 2 Angels". Thanks for sharing such an amazing divine encounter.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

But we are not the same. I am not the same me as I was a second ago. Being the same is an illusion. We are always changing. Some faster some slower. If you want god to be allloving and kind make the change in you so that you become allloving and kind.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHolyGhost

Ok, I would gladly accept that the events in my life are my doing if not for one major flaw in this thought. I did NOT bring myself into being. I know the birds and the bees, so please spare me the sex ed. Go beyond that. So many events had to take place before I came into being that it is beyond me to quantify. It is beyond knowing. All I can know, if I am honest about it, is that I did not do it!

Since I did not initiate the beginning, nor do I know the end, then all else in between is, well, magic.

Now we can create all kinds of stories to fill in the blank we are left with when we admit we do not know. We seem to need our stories to keep us sane. The insanity comes from not having a story we can all agree on.

I am not here to argue story lines. I am interested in your story just as I am interested in anyone else's. I want to know them all.

Religions have been around far longer than you give them credit. They come and go like the seasons.

Who makes the religion? The wisest of the tribe in answer to the request of the tribe. Then one tribe conquers another and forces it's beliefs on the loser. Alternately, the tribe simply discovers new information which invalidates previously held beliefs and the religion takes on a reformation.

I am not a member of a religion. I am a student of Life.

So, what are we?

edit on 9-6-2012 by TheHolyGhost because: (no reason given)

What are cows, flowers, fish? Whatever you decide on what they are, then it is what we are.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Many think they do not heard God, but I say you do.
The time in which you had a feeling to stay at home, a neighbor came by and spoke with you, and it lifted her spirits. -
You lost your keys and are delayed, if you had been on the road at that exact time, a car would have swerved and hit you.

This logic is the very definition of DELUSIONAL,

A muslim straps a bomb to himself because he believes god told him to, and that his god will award him with many virgins in paradise after his death.
You lost your keys and are delayed, avoid crash (praise the lord!), but unfortunately the drunk who was meant to hit you drives straight into a school bus. Many families loose innocent children, (praise th........... say what???)

But god works in mysterious ways, so do SERIAL KILLERS. (who have also claimed to be driven to do their acts, they heard, felt, sensed their path. Sounds awfully familiar.

Now, what happens if the postman didn't adhere to his gut feeling. Corrective action is then given unto him. Above moves in and replaces his doubt with confidence. If that fails, a rewind is put in place. This situation is not left up to chance.

WHERE TO BEGIN, Free will, freedom, choice, creativity, imagination, all void in your tiny, closed mindset.

Your god is meant to be the truth and bring ultimate MEANING to HERE, to LIFE.

If the choices i make are infinitely being CORRECTED, then i have NO CHOICE, what i do has NO MEANING, NO MEANING!!!

IS THAT NOT THE VERY ARGUMENT THOSE WITH FAITH USE AGAINST NON-BELIEVERS AS SELF EVIDENT TRUTH OF GOD??????

You have a thoroughly wrapped sense of life since you practically believe any choice, EVERY decision is judged and if needs be changed. By your logic, if instead of hugging my mam later and continuing on with my day, lets say I stab a few innocent people, but, in 5 years god has me penciled in to save a life, those decisions I made are CORRECTED to suit his agenda?????????????????????????????????????????????????

YOU NEED HELP, this thinking is helping rotting our existence, FAITH BASED EXTREMISM! Truthfully friend if your faith is strong, whats stopping you doing something terrible tonight, in belief that your god will change it for the better, I (pray) you don't test your theory.

Your faith is unrighteous in its justice, unholy in its divinity, and vindictive in its honesty.

Everything IS God. Anything less than everything is an Idol.

"There is no god higher than truth" Gandhi said that, and truth is something those with faith blindly sacrifice for those joy-joy feelings!!

I have never been any other animal, thus I do not know that they do not contemplate choices.

It is beyond knowing. All I can know, if I am honest about it, is that I did not do it!

NO, By not knowing you simply CANNOT KNOW, it is the simple truth of the unknown, no one can attain to be sure of anything, and everything is as possible as anything else, meaning a green pistachio nut monster is equally as possible the creator as is your god.

While each one stares into the abyss and imagines, please please please don' t assume to know the absolute truth, be open minded and allow for the possibility that your belief's could be shattered in the next moment.
If they are, you will still exist, and you can still love, live, and attain enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If I pay attention, the path is already laid out for me.

Hi everyone,

I will give this a go.

When I was 11 years old, I was at this spot where I totally felt lost and that I could trust no one. I went to church, and that day, I witnessed the preacher up at the pulpit talking to the church about my father and how he needed to be saved, I was completely embarrassed and in my 11 yr old mind, I knew it was wrong for that preacher to judge my father as he did in front of the whole community. I didn't go back.

I prayed...Just me alone in secret to God, if there was one (I prayed in my mind, I was pretty desperate). I don't recall now how I got this in my head but I felt It was from God that told me, "trust no man, have faith, I will be ok". I believed in God since then, and well people claim I am just lucky. Others don't don't see my life as lucky at all, go figure lol I guess it's all about what one values *shrugs.

I don't care too much if people don't have faith (unlike some people, I don't think its my job to convert anyone, he must still be working on me cause I don't care if others believe or not *shrugs). I have witnessed the most unlikely things turn around in my favor simply because I asked, coincidence maybe but I think its God letting me know he has my back.

Throughout my life, I have been able to sense from within life threatening dangers and avoid them (when I am not distracted), even have a couple of them that can be proved that exactly what my head told me was correct and accurate to preciseness, yet, people will say it was just an amazing coincidence (every time). I even have had four dreams so far that were exactly accurate and verifiable. So some higher being is putting this stuff in my head. One town I left thinks I am a prophet, but I am not... It's God looking out for me, I just learned that I need to pay attention to spiritual things and try not to let material issues distract me (not easy), intuition.

Christians tell me I am not a christian and I am not saved, I am happy that I don't trust people to know my fate.

Sort of hoping this rapture that is going to happen, happens soon for them... I know from my dreams, I not going in a rapture. I understand, I am going to be going through this testing period, and I need to keep my hands clean in the process. (*buckles my seatbelts '
').

I think everything we need is within ourselves, built-in. To try to lead each other is like the blind leading the blind (just my opinion).

Yes, I believe in God, a superior being who values us all very much, who shines the sun, and pours the rain on all of us regardless of what we believe. I am just pretty confident that its the perception of God that's screwed up. It's easy to get tripped up in life when we look outward for answers rather than trusting that built in (God given) intuition.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

What you write may be true for some. But, you have not met me yet. I'll explain.

You lost your keys and are delayed, avoid crash (praise the lord!), but unfortunately the drunk who was meant to hit you drives straight into a school bus. Many families loose innocent children, (praise th........... say what???)

This is a dual purpose here to save the believers. One, it is not your time yet. Second, you are a believer. If you have not chosen to believe in Father, one way or another things are left up to chance for you. You can either have chance lead your life, or let Father. But, say if that drunk is needed to be here longer, he would have been helped as well. He will give you chance after chance to come to him, but if you made that choice, then chance is your God.

But god works in mysterious ways, so do SERIAL KILLERS. (who have also claimed to be driven to do their acts, they heard, felt, sensed their path. Sounds awfully familiar.

This is the work of below, they will come and lead you on a path of destruction. Father will never order a man to kill. If someone needs to be taken out, he will send someone, but it will not be man.

If the choices i make are infinitely being CORRECTED, then i have NO CHOICE, what i do has NO MEANING, NO MEANING!!!

The church will have you to believe you have free will. But, if you are a true believer, you have the perception of free will. The perception that the choices you make are your own. This may seem bad, but in the bigger picture it is not. Father makes you think you have a choice, but you really do not. Believers have no resistance to following orders and doing his bid.

Truthfully friend if your faith is strong, whats stopping you doing something terrible tonight, in belief that your god will change it for the better, I (pray) you don't test your theory.

See, I have tested this theory. I have never said this on this board, but I believe it is merited because of what you posted. Background: I speak to Father directly, no mediums, no thoughts. I hear him clearly like you would hear another person speak to you. I ask him to come here many times for his council. *I have to wait, he doesn't come on my command. Surely, sometimes the wait is unbearable if emotions are running at an all time high. I know what is, but I still have my human side take over so to speak. I went into the bathroom and put a knife IN my throat, because I wanted to return above, I did not want to continue with my task. (I have witnesses to this). The alert was sounded and the room flooded with above. I was immediately taken above, he spoke to me (I will not share all), but I decided to come back and continue. A rewind was ordered. (The event was reset, as if it never took place.)

The person that was here with me, heard a loud grunt from me and heard a loud bang on the ground, as if someone had fallen; then all went quiet. She could not come in that room if she tried.

After the reset, she was able to come into the room, I was standing there with the knife right at my throat. My emotions were all gone, I had no memory of why I was upset, only knowing that I was upset to bring me to that point.

Also, another time, I questioned him, a big no no for me, others may do of this, but I am not to. From a human standpoint, I died. But, self was taken above and spoken to. I was then given the choice to come back or not.

What I posted, many are not privy to seeing. (Most will only see the end result of the rewind, not all of the in between) I usually never go this far when speaking on here, because one it is too much information, second, many would easily discount it.

Not all times will he let it happen like this. Sometimes, he will let you make that choice and live with the consequences. As we saw with the others who left with him down to below, and also the others who couldn't make a choice when it was asked of them above, now they are not allowed to return.

NO, By not knowing you simply CANNOT KNOW, it is the simple truth of the unknown, no one can attain to be sure of anything, and everything is as possible as anything else, meaning a green pistachio nut monster is equally as possible the creator as is your god.

Ah, but some do know of all these things, quite a few are here from above, who have direct experience of all. You cannot be given all of the information at once, how would you learn? You can only learn by experience. Even Lucifer today, Father makes him learn of the mistakes he did and still does. Father will not come to you and tell you what you did wrong, you will learn of what you did wrong and the why, but you must learn it, then he will tell you if you have learned enough to his standards, not yours.

I see great promise in you. I believe if you saw these unknown things, you would see things differently. I am not so quick to discount others, as your reasoning is valid to you because of what information you have presented to you.
edit on 10-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

She's a devout Christian and God hasn't intervened.

Not an attack on you, I am simply using this as a reference point, but I see this more than I can count. She may perform all the motions and outward appearances, but how do you truly know here intent is pure? As a collective, the ratio is very small for true believers. (This number comes from above, not my own opinion.)

edit on 10-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join